HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#81 FlyorDie

FlyorDie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 14 2012 - 01:31 PM

I was thinking what Fawken said. If you're unsure about moving somewhere, you activate and then start moving: if there's a person, you self-destruct, otherwise, you cancel.

#82 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 14 2012 - 02:05 PM

Just curious on this... Who has officially stated on that Self-Destructs may equal to Insta-Kills_.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#83 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted February 14 2012 - 02:07 PM

I think of it as one big grenade.

If it would "insta-kill" then yes it would be abused.
Naraklok

#84 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 14 2012 - 02:15 PM

Naraklok said:

I think of it as one big grenade. ...

Same Damage Value and Area of Effect, here at my end.

Edit: Approximately. Pending to see if one value like this would be proper and/or balanced in the game.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#85 FlyorDie

FlyorDie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted February 14 2012 - 06:43 PM

I guess it would depend on how much damage is dealt; if there is unproportional damage (compared to regular damage that mech could deal), it would probably be abused.

Yeah, I thought the self-descruct would be an instant kill: didn't think it out throughly.

#86 NightSnowCrow

NightSnowCrow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationAll over

Posted February 15 2012 - 10:51 AM

Special Weapons,

Magnetic Force Field Shield (M.F.F.S.), an ora around ones mech that will deflect metal projectiles. The magnetic shield would have different levels of strange, stronger it is the more energy/weight/etc. it will take up. For example I will make this rough chart (not at all official, simple for the concept…)
M.F.F.S. Chart
Lvl1 dissipates 50% typical rounds of bullets and shrapnel
Lvl2 dissipates 60% typical rounds….etc
Lvl3 dissipates 70%...etc
…etc.
Lvl6 deflects 100% typical rounds & etc….
Lvl7 deludes large shells damage by 30% (along w/ lvl6 traits)
Lvl8 deludes large shells dmg by 40% (along w/ lvl6 traits)
Lvl9 deludes large shells dmg by 50% & reflects 50% typical rounds & shrapnel* (Along w/ lvl6 traits)
Lvl10 deludes shell dmg by 60% reflects missiles into random directions
Lvl11 is a myth… BUT can push other mechs away. (Making melee impossible)

*(harming nearby mechs (including friends))
I don't listen to white or black music, just fight music.

#87 Fawken

Fawken

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted February 15 2012 - 10:42 PM

even if its not an insta-kill on enemies, it will be abused.

imagine this;

"hmm, i wonder if anyone is around that corner" (with the knowledge that suicide takes 10 seconds
:activates suicide
:goes around corner
oh shit, any enemy
:pew pew pew
:bdghfhsfdhk
:oh know i'm going to die, i won't cancel suicide
:boom
he dies, may/may not take out enemy
:uber gayness
Four wheels move the body, Two wheels move the soul.

#88 ArcticHawk1

ArcticHawk1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted February 17 2012 - 08:34 PM

What about remote controlled Spider Drones that could have different types such as Recon, Trip Mine, Radar (enhances only your own), etc.
They would need to be deployed then sent to the position you choose and they would have a limited area which, once outside of the area, they would either shut-down or detonate (depending on type). You would only have 3-4 drones. They would be very weak with no damage when being controlled, but very fast and nearly undetectable. The Recon version would only have a certain battery life before shutting down, so they can't be abused, while Radar will short circuit after a minute. You would only be able to use one at a time with a  medium recharge between each one. Trip mine drones would do light damage, but would be able to move further away from the mech so as to deploy and would auto deploy after a certain time away from the mech
"I don't have time to die - I'm too busy!" - Last words of Gorge Vandire, 304th Master of the Administratum

#89 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 21 2012 - 10:47 AM

That's an interesting suggestion, indeed.

not only due to its inherent mobility mechanics ( floating or spider based drones ) but because of the several approaches of a drone might have... Recon ( camera_) , Trip mine ( heheh... cunning..), radar extension...

I think that this would require of a Drone Control View mode for your mech. Sounds good to me! :)

Posted Image

#90 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 22 2012 - 12:06 PM

This idea comes from a post recently made by Arseface on the main Hawken forum:

The_Silencer said:

Arseface said:

Attach letters for each piece of equipment.

For instance, a light mech with a shotgun, sniper rifle, and he-charges would be an
Light Model SG-SR-HE.
A heavy mech with a rocket launcher, guided rockets volley systems, and flashbangs would be a Heavy Model RL-GR-FB.

Descriptive and functional.

I like this idea ;)

Edit: It even suggests me of a new feature or function for the mechs: Target Scan

This might be added into the game in 2 different flavours:

1.- Always displayed on the HUD per se.
2.- Displayed when the target gets coherently close to your mech's position.

Or well...
3.- Manual Target Scanning via controller.

Posted Image

#91 Shlitz

Shlitz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted February 22 2012 - 02:16 PM

First post here, so bear with me pls.

I've read the entire list and I came up with something that could be really cheap and/or light to equip. What about something similar to a deployable boombox_ It could mimic the sounds and volume of a mech in combat, luring or confusing enemy pilots. It could even have a delay built in so an ambush could be set up.

What got me thinking about this was watching the trailers in a very quiet room. I could hear almost every sound the mechs made and thought "what if i could use the sound as a radar for finding cloaked/radar shielded enemies_" I really hope the mech movement sounds are useful for this.

BTW: The game is looking great! I can't wait for a new mech game as the newer Armored Core games just didn't do it for me.
All your base are belong to us.
Day[9] made me do it!

#92 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted February 27 2012 - 07:06 AM

BTW, where is Mr. HappyApathy_

Hope you're going well there at your end, mate.  :!:

Posted Image

#93 Seradest

Seradest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 03:56 PM

first my english is very shit sorry for that.

1.Realistic Stealth/cloak
a)move to fast 50% stealth.
b)you are not realy invinsible you shining a little bit grean or blue and people the see trough you se a very litle flickering
c)some other variation is you must stand still to aktivate it and shud down the engine systems .... no one can see your heat,hud,signal or anything like this,you look like an mech there is destroyd.
d)water,explosions disturbe the stealth/cloak

2.Hologram drone
a)you bush an hotkey and a drohne comes out of your amor,she make an hologram that looks like you,she only fly around in the level.
b)the clue is that no one sees the drone,all players see the right signal and an good hologram,but when the shoot the hologram the see that it is an illusion because it makes some effecs.
c)the drohne can make that it looks like an meck is making an boost jumb and walking,but not shooting or something.
d)after an little time the drohne fly to the orginal mech back beacause his energy for an hologram is empty.
e)after a long time the drone has energy back and you must push the hotkey again to charge the drone.
f)is the drone destroid you must buy a new one for the next match in this match she is lost.

3.playing dead
a)it use smoke,flares,system shut down and an lay down animation to pretend other player.
b)you can use it 2 times after this you no smoke or flares and its a little bit unhelpful .

4.acustic interfering transmitter
a)it hacks the cokpit sound systems
b)it makes an deep deep sound the player hear nothing for 20 secounds AND his view is a little bit shaking.

5.countermeasure acustik sonar/radar
a)all the sounds make a 2 times echo
b)this special radar shows every sound on it as an red big blinking pionts are loud sounds small blinking points are not so loud sounds.
c)the radar is blue in blue ^^ like in "alien the movie"

6.countermeasure acustik shield
a)it reduce the sound of you weapons,walking,jumping etc. to 15% (other player hear you very bad ^^ )
b)when aktivate  the normal energy shield deaktivat themself for this time.
c)it has an cool down phase

so that is all for tonight ^^
i hope my english is not to bad and you like what i am writing.

#94 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted March 09 2012 - 08:08 PM

Wouldn't mind seeing a radar decoy.

Duplicates or a hologram is only going to prove to be an annoyance.
Naraklok

#95 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 10 2012 - 03:10 PM

At this stage, would be interesting considering radar jammers. BUT.. decoys + radar jammers might be absolutely crazy all together, IMO.

P.S. There is a thread on jammers in the suggestions/Ideas/Requests forum branch again.

Posted Image

#96 Seradest

Seradest

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted March 11 2012 - 02:15 PM

All things has good and bad skills.

sometime use 2 defence skills at the same time you can get killed easy

#97 Keekenox

Keekenox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationThe internetz

Posted March 13 2012 - 09:58 AM

On the note of cuncussive blasts. maybe more along the lines of those toys that shoot the puffs of air at long ranges. i have seen a law enforcment version that is mounted that is trong enough to launch people of their feet.
"A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet."
Wandering gun #45

#98 Foxtrot11

Foxtrot11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 17 2012 - 10:17 AM

EWAC and Mobile Radar

After looking, I didn't see anybody suggest anything exactly like this so I hope I'm not reposting a suggestion.

Has Adhesive considered the possibility of having special models of mech which were specifically EWAC/Mobile Radar models_  Or perhaps it could simply be a module one adds onto their mech model.  The way it would work is that the standard mech radar had a more limited range, only reaching out a hundred yards or so, whereas a mech with the mobile radar attachment would be able to detect contacts for a much much greater distance, and at a faster sweep refresh rate (thus giving up-to-date data more quickly).  Players who chose this role would be able to warn their teammates about incoming attacks and enemy troop movements, but they would not be able to directly share their radar view with others.  The trade-off for balance could be that the radar dish was very large and occupied a major weapon slot, forcing the mobile radar pilot to not engage in the thick of battle and be more susceptible to enemy attack.  It could also be balanced out with anti-radar countermeasures like chaff and false contact flares.  Finally, another balance could be the addition of anti-radiation missiles, which would home in on the radio transmissions given off by the large mobile radar dish.

#99 Keekenox

Keekenox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • LocationThe internetz

Posted March 29 2012 - 10:24 AM

Tracking Dart. Upon landing said dart onto enemy mech it transmits a radar signal allowing for radar seeking missles to lock on fast and friendly radar to see them easily.
"A conversation is a dialogue, not a monologue. That's why there are so few good conversations: due to scarcity, two intelligent talkers seldom meet."
Wandering gun #45

#100 Sentient8

Sentient8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 31 2012 - 09:12 PM

Kinda want to add to the emp post.

Complete disabling is annoying, but what about something like magnetic repulsion_ A temporary shield that makes bullets/missiles deflect off of your mech. It would be at the cost of extreme loss of accuracy (your bullets would be affected).

It would be a very short bust shield, 5-10 seconds. But everything would bounce off of you and maybe hit something else.

Magentic Repulsion Shield_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users