HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#41 SixEcho

SixEcho

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 07:15 PM

Tracer Pod/Attachment/Equipment(or whatever OP wants to call it)

Simple point and shoot tracer that if properly attached to an enemy mech will give the owner of the tracer two possible options (either or, not both) that I have thought of:

1. Increased ability to detect or track on radar, not unlimited tracking but if traditional radar covered say 20 meters, this would maybe double that but ONLY for the owner of the tracer. Nothing to stop you from sharing this information with teammates over VOIP. Duration maybe 1-2 minutes with the notation that if the traced mecha gets outside of a certain range of the tracer owner that the tracer disengages regardless of time elapsed. Offers ambush/reinforcement chances for the traced mecha.

2. Increased lock-on functionality. I am sure we will have some sort of counter measures to lock-ons and this could be a counter to that but it will not change the manuverability of the missiles or locked on weapons themselves. This ability I think should be active for the whole team of the tracer owner, for balance purposes it should be a fixed-time limit of maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Maximum I would say allow three tracers per mecha with a decent cooldown between shots so you have to make sure you get that first tracer shot and make it connect. Maybe even a special alert could appear on the targeted mecha's HUD once the tracer is fired to prompt a quick reaction.

#42 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 04:25 PM

Varaka said:

I think they already said they couldn't do destructable environments.

They should find people and employ an algorithm for it.

#43 Valkerian

Valkerian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted July 16 2011 - 07:44 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

Varaka said:

I think they already said they couldn't do destructible environments.

First off, it's more than Algorithms. Second, as Varaka kinda led onto it's not that they couldn't but that they said they can't. They don't have the manpower to undertake that sort of thing. Just no sense in begging for something they won't put in. While I agree it'd be nice, but I wouldn't mind the lack of that for the great details in the rest of the game.

#44 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 17 2011 - 04:49 AM

Lithe Valkerian said:

MechMechanics1 said:

Varaka said:

I think they already said they couldn't do destructible environments.

First off, it's more than Algorithms. Second, as Varaka kinda led onto it's not that they couldn't but that they said they can't. They don't have the manpower to undertake that sort of thing. Just no sense in begging for something they won't put in. While I agree it'd be nice, but I wouldn't mind the lack of that for the great details in the rest of the game.

Destructibility affects the game play dynamically. You have to move because the objects are not infinitely rigid. However if this is a matter of budget and number of employees then this feature will be missed.

I want to see the game. Once investors see the potential of it then they can increase in capability and a sequel. I want to see what they offer in their first release. Up to now is really looking pretty good if you ask me.

http://media.pcgamer...n-cockpit-2.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-03.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-01.jpg
http://media.pcgamer...3/Hawken-02.jpg

#45 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted July 17 2011 - 07:37 AM

Destructable enviroments have nothing to do with special equipment... >_>
http://forums.adhesi...c.php_f=7&t=364
Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#46 SPUNKER12

SPUNKER12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationCamp Pendleton

Posted July 17 2011 - 09:02 PM

Maybe the ice could be more like a flame thrower type deal. Your mech will carry a tank of liquid cooling nitrogen and spray it on opponent mechs slower down their mechs cosiderably but not massively and do a bit of damage. Maybe also make it to where the glass of the cockpit for the recieving end of the ice thrower starts to get a chilled icy look that starts to blur the vision.
"Come at you, bro_" ....okay "BLITZ!!!!!"

#47 k0rN_b4LL

k0rN_b4LL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted July 18 2011 - 07:04 AM

TheDubstepDisciple said:

Tracer Pod/Attachment/Equipment(or whatever OP wants to call it)

Simple point and shoot tracer that if properly attached to an enemy mech will give the owner of the tracer two possible options (either or, not both) that I have thought of:

1. Increased ability to detect or track on radar, not unlimited tracking but if traditional radar covered say 20 meters, this would maybe double that but ONLY for the owner of the tracer. Nothing to stop you from sharing this information with teammates over VOIP. Duration maybe 1-2 minutes with the notation that if the traced mecha gets outside of a certain range of the tracer owner that the tracer disengages regardless of time elapsed. Offers ambush/reinforcement chances for the traced mecha.

2. Increased lock-on functionality. I am sure we will have some sort of counter measures to lock-ons and this could be a counter to that but it will not change the manuverability of the missiles or locked on weapons themselves. This ability I think should be active for the whole team of the tracer owner, for balance purposes it should be a fixed-time limit of maybe 30 seconds - 1 minute.

Maximum I would say allow three tracers per mecha with a decent cooldown between shots so you have to make sure you get that first tracer shot and make it connect. Maybe even a special alert could appear on the targeted mecha's HUD once the tracer is fired to prompt a quick reaction.
I like this idea as well.  I can't remember the name of it as I havn't played it in forever but Mechwarrior had a similar weapon and I liked using it alot.

For the turrets would there be any way to hijack an enemy turret_   I'm not sure but in the vids it looks as though turrets are either already in place of are placed by the player and then activated.   It might be interesting if there was a way to deactivate them without destroying them and then reactivating them to help you.

#48 DarkS7ar

DarkS7ar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted July 20 2011 - 09:36 AM

Road slick, like spilling oil down if someones chasing you.
OR NO no I got it
A flash projector, like a camera's flash but it makes the opposition's screen all distorted for half a second. But its not cheap cuz you'd like her a sound of it charging or a red light before it goes off.

Idk I'm pretty bad at think up equips.
Above the sky, beneath the stars.
Is where I soar, and your world is no more.

http://i306.photobuc...597d4c3e0b5.jpg
^Queen of sniping.

DESTROY   Cupcake!

#49 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 20 2011 - 10:26 AM

One pasive radar disruptor equipment would be definitely very appreciated at this stage.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#50 Armoredassault

Armoredassault

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 02:31 PM

Type:fuel
Item: extra fuel tank
discription: for those times when you run out of fuel, simply press a button and it shifts to a secondary fuel tank, not like a completely new one, but like half or 3/4 of the capacity that your original has. So then while your waiting for the other to charge, or need to run away or something.
Step aside, and let the man go through

#51 red_tadpole

red_tadpole

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted July 20 2011 - 10:01 PM

thanks guys.  Some great ideas in here that we can implement.

#52 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 25 2011 - 03:19 AM

Keep the secrecy on the developments.

Showing early material could be a detriment since other companies can jump over those ideas.

In special equipment you may add the following.

1. The ability to perform certain dash moves and dodging.
2. Classical shields. Your mech can carry a shield or partial mounted shielding like an armature.
3. Radars dectecting only your allies.

1. No fancy beam cannons.
2. No cloaking devices.

#53 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted July 27 2011 - 01:31 PM

At this stage, I think that all of these have been suggested and/or implemented already. Which is cool thing, IMO. ;)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#54 Omnisc1ence

Omnisc1ence

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 12 2011 - 11:27 AM

I haven't worked out the delivery method yet, and that's why I'm posting so that you people may help, but what about a special weapon that sends some kind of corrosive chemical, or highly aggressive nanobots toward ones enemy. The chemical or nanos would corrode or degrade the enemy mech's armor for a certain amount of time, and make said mech more susceptible to taking damage. Just a rough draft of a special weapon I suppose.  :D Trying to be original with all the great ideas out there already is getting difficult.

#55 Fr33Th1nk3r

Fr33Th1nk3r

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted September 13 2011 - 10:20 AM

Other: A missile or cannon launcher turret that could shoot a ball of gel/black tar that when it lands, has a slow effect.

Maybe add a 5 second slow on an enemy would provide some interesting tactics to use against people that like to rush your base causing them to think twice about a direct assault.

Offensive: Proximity magnet mine. Instead of just a laser on a trip bomb, have it magnetically attach to the leg of a mech and blow it off crippling the mech until it can repair or  "slow gel" slowing it 3-5 seconds.

This would give a new and futuristic "flavor" to the boring proxy mines from past games.
Posted Image
"I don't think the human race will survive the next thousand years, unlesswe spread into space." - Stephen Hawking

#56 SpudNick

SpudNick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 05 2011 - 02:18 AM

Thermal vision
Used as a Counter to smoke grenades and can be used to see through buildings and large debris.

Radar Jammer
Deploy-able item used to jam enemy radars. This item can also be destroyed if found.

Remote Spy Cam
Already suggested but I wanted to add a few things. This item would be a counter to the Radar Jammer and would have thermal vision to help see targets from the air. Radar jammers should give off a bit of heat so you could see them as well.

#57 SpudNick

SpudNick

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted November 05 2011 - 03:16 AM

- An item that would disable your targets jump jets for a short amount of time.

- An item that would overheat your targets weapons so they can't fire.

#58 V3RTIGO

V3RTIGO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted December 06 2011 - 02:05 PM

Why don't we add a remote targeting drone that can increase accuracy for all weapons, give superior viewing/targeting capabilities for artillery and missiles (similar to a recon drone for instance, but physically controlled by the mech pilot and able to use the mechs remote weapons for a long range tactical strike by allowing for top-down view, or even switching the camera view to the drone), as well as the ability to commit the drone into a projectile weapon in a time of emergency causing a large amount of physical and explosive damage to anything caught it its path.

IDK, I think the ability hurl your drones at enemies should always be available, regardless of type.

Posted Image

"Humans are not rational, but rationalizing."

#59 Naraklok

Naraklok

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted December 10 2011 - 06:52 PM

Some really interesting ideas have been posted in this thread.

I'll have to come up with some additions of my own; those that have not yet been mentioned...HM...
Naraklok

#60 Reminascent

Reminascent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted January 13 2012 - 05:39 PM

I suggest a sort of add-on to the invisibility ability. I have seen that cables were mentioned, but the idea behind this one would be different. Their main goal would be to infiltrate enemy bases unnoticed. With them you could sling yourself much like spiderman. However, in order to limit its usage (since it would give too much of an advantage), you could only use it while you are invisible and you would not be able to use weapons or thrusters. Let`s call it a ninja rope. After firing the ninja rope you would have to sling yourself in a time period of, let`s say, 10s or the rope breaks. Also, you could not shoot it again after slinging yourself and retracting it while still in the air, but would have to wait to land on a surface. After landing the invisibility should automatically be disengaged for a couple of seconds so that enemies have a fair chance of spotting you when they hear you land. All the other limitations from hooks (break when they are shot or if you use thrusters, etc.) should also be in place. Oh and the most important thing: the ninja rope would not be visible as long as you are invisible but only if you retract the rope before 10s pass and before you land, if you or the rope are not hit or rammed, if you do not use thrusters or weapons and other things if already mentioned

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users