HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Special Equipment Suggestions Compendium

• Please log in to reply
287 replies to this topic

#21 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 15 2011 - 04:06 PM

Not to pick on you either, but the first one talking about counter-meassures.. was me. Concept which at this stage should be pretty self-explanatory as well, IMO. I mean, we do not know on whether the missiles go with IR or optical (or with whatever else) guidance equipment..

Anyway, who cares... :P . We're in here in order to apport good feedback to the devs.

I've opened new threads dicussing on, for example, a passive Hunker ability plus some extra cool moves too. Additionally, the spy cam entity I mentioned here is an interesting addition too. ( use search if you wish... ). :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#22 HappyApathy1

HappyApathy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 21 2011 - 05:52 AM

Added some suggestions, ideas seem to be slowing down, don't forget you can add-on-to or give your support to already existing ideas.

#23 Sledgecrushr1

Sledgecrushr1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted May 22 2011 - 06:54 AM

Lots of talk about blinding someone in a mech, how about a module that protects you from flash blindness.

#24 Mitchybape92

Mitchybape92

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted May 23 2011 - 02:48 PM

for the emp i think it would be neat if you had to rapidly press a button to recover from it.

and as for a fake blip drone...maybe a mirror image of your mech could appear, it would do no damage...but it would trick people to shoot at it/could help uncover people using the invisibility thing (if they put it in the game)

#25 pandm101

pandm101

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted May 24 2011 - 05:56 PM

HawkenRules123 said:

for the emp i think it would be neat if you had to rapidly press a button to recover from it.

and as for a fake blip drone...maybe a mirror image of your mech could appear, it would do no damage...but it would trick people to shoot at it/could help uncover people using the invisibility thing (if they put it in the game)

I'd prefer multiple button combinations, as if flipping multiple switches and dials to restart.

#26 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 25 2011 - 03:48 AM

HawkenRules123 said:

... and as for a fake blip drone...maybe a mirror image of your mech could appear, it would do no damage...but it would trick people to shoot at it/could help uncover people using the invisibility thing (if they put it in the game)

That would be an holo-yo!... which sounds cool to me too. Post this idea on the compendium thread. I mean .. do it yourself! :D

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#27 Robert1374

Robert1374

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted May 27 2011 - 10:36 PM

Plasma torch/Cutter boom.

Close range melee weapon modified welding torch. Creates a forward booster lunge while deploying a plasma torch causing moderate to severe localized damage. Use requires all mech energy so mech is left slightly maneuverability vulnerable (with a cooldown timer to recharge) to enemies responding cannon volley.

Cutter boom is a heavy weaponized drilling attachment that extends pneumatically and drills into enemy mech causing localized damage.

These are close range "thrust and parry weapons" where the deployment is visually broadcast animation stance with the consequence of missing being equal to greater damage to your mech from enemy counter attack.

I think it creates a dynamic fighting element where your enemy can't run up to your face and mutual suicidally unload everything into you. It could be used for finishing blows to a paralyzed or limping mech. You would be dancing and dodging a fine line between close and mid range combat.

No, i don't mean arms or sword weapons or really fast fast gundam style attacking. These are Sim industrial mechanized attachments or incorporated into the mech hull and design style with linear thrust attacks, not side sweeping.

#28 Flyingdebris

Flyingdebris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 28 2011 - 01:25 AM

I felt the overwhelming urge to sketch out your descriptions Robert

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Mech time all the time

#29 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted May 28 2011 - 11:32 AM

Ice thrower: Makes ground slippery.

ShockBarrier: Place both ends on opposite walls to make a field. The farther appart the weaker the barrier.
(/^▽^)/

#30 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted May 30 2011 - 07:48 AM

Oil fat and big drops_ :P

Posted Image

#31 HappyApathy1

HappyApathy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 31 2011 - 09:15 AM

I'M NOT DEAD yet, just busy, I'll update this in a moment, KEEP THE IDEAS COMING!!

#32 HappyApathy1

HappyApathy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted May 31 2011 - 06:04 PM

List updated

#33 legionwolff1

legionwolff1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted June 01 2011 - 04:06 PM

Wowzers I'm on here twice:) thanks.
"Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war,"

#34 legionwolff1

legionwolff1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted June 05 2011 - 07:03 PM

Check my idea for the magnet gun if you like.-thanks LW

#35 HappyApathy1

HappyApathy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted June 09 2011 - 12:26 PM

Not sure, sounds more like a weapon by the way if operates, albeit a very unusual one.

#36 legionwolff1

legionwolff1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted June 11 2011 - 06:37 AM

It's both offensive and defensive in a way. It just depends how you play it.

#37 pocketdrummer

pocketdrummer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted July 02 2011 - 12:52 PM

Pretty please, no cloak. Ruins every game I've ever played...

#38 HappyApathy1

HappyApathy1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted July 03 2011 - 10:19 AM

as I said in the intro, anything goes, were just throwing out ideas, if u have criticism please at least make it constructive

p.s I put the gravity gun in the debatable category.

KEEP THE IDEAS COMING

#39 MechMechanic

MechMechanic

(MechMechanic)

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted July 15 2011 - 06:54 PM

Finally.

1. The basics are already mentioned. I'll review what I think worth a try on the game.

a. Counter measures of flares for missiles.
b. Proximity mines.
c. Gun emplacements and dynamic sentries.

2. New ideas.

a. Events like collapsing buildings or any activity in the stage that affects players.
b. Destructible environments. Partial environment can be destroyed. Others can be perforated by some type of ammo.

c. Spawn points are defined by a ship. You always enter the battle transported by a ship.
Other spawn points could be drop points from a carrier and so on. These spawn points can be controlled depending on the activity in the stage.

d. The use of barrages. Some of them are controlled other are just bombardments or target painting.

3. The game itself.

a. Focus few stages on pure flying or make flying part of the action on some stages. Some stages could be close quarters for combat, other are open for flying. Be diverse in your design.

b. Zero G battles like Shattered Horizon. Bringing six degrees of freedom into battle extends the game with different styles of players.

c. Battle between carriers in a high rise city.

Thanks for the effort keeping this thread alive.

b.

#40 Varaka

Varaka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted July 15 2011 - 07:06 PM

MechMechanics1 said:

a. Events like collapsing buildings or any activity in the stage that affects players.
b. Destructible environments. Partial environment can be destroyed. Others can be perforated by some type of ammo.

I think they already said they couldn't do destructable environments.
(/^▽^)/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users