HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Still Having Trouble with Playing HAWKEN_

Beta

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Sikosis999

Sikosis999

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 05:38 PM

View PostElix, on December 07 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

View PostThunderRougre42, on December 07 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hi! ive been playing for over 6 months and now, i have the same message. i don't know why its not working but i hope they fix it soon.
Closed Beta is over, that's why it's not working.

They'll fix it in about five days when Open Beta launches.

Please use the search function. This information is easily available.

so are we just out of the loop for the next five days if we're getting this error_

I mean "information is readily availible" great, but pertaining to this particular error message and what is supposed to be done as a work around or a fix simply isn't. . . . and after just getting in and starting to be able to play to then loose it all is kinda ugh . . .

so_

5 days of "hold on. . . ."

or  . . . X fixes this. . .

#22 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 07 2012 - 06:07 PM

The error "unable to download manifest" is because the servers are down. Closed Beta ended last night at midnight, and this date was communicated WELL in advance of the shutdown. The workaround is to wait until the servers are no longer down. The fix is for Adhesive to launch Open Beta, which is scheduled to begin on 12/12.

If you used the search function, you might find that threads like this have been created every single time a closed beta event ended, and the answer has always been the same: The servers are down. You cannot play the game. The error messages you are receiving are because the servers are down. You need to wait until the next beta event begins.

We're out of the loop because we aren't on Adhesive's internal development network with test servers and the unstable client builds.

I mean, if you want to see your garage, you should be able to launch the game directly by navigating into your Hawken folder and going into BinariesWin32 and launching HawkenGame-Win32-Shipping.exe but it STILL won't be able to connect to any servers because, you know, they're down.

It's a shame that you didn't get much time to play before the beta event ended, but the good news is that Open Beta is about to start, and it'll be full-time (barring maintenance downtime, obviously).

Edit: If you search for "unable to download manifest" in the beta subforums, you'll get a lot of results that aren't post-beta questions like the one I described above. Many threads were when the test period was active, and in these cases, the servers were... still down, but this was due to technical issues instead of a planned shutdown of the game. And again, the only solution was to wait for Adhesive to get it fixed.

Edited by Elix, December 07 2012 - 06:11 PM.

HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#23 durandalmk2

durandalmk2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 09 2012 - 04:36 PM

View PostElix, on December 07 2012 - 03:26 PM, said:

Please use the search function. This information is easily available.

It's not easily availble, I landed here from pointmmo and was entirely confused, someone needs to get their act together if the first bit of info I get is some snarky comment on their forums.

#24 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 09 2012 - 05:07 PM

Did you try using the search function_

Note, I'm not being snarky here. This is a straight-forward question.

See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.

#25 Deu

Deu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWhite Base

Posted December 10 2012 - 03:30 AM

I keep trying to play the game but the beta is over. Please help me understand.

Edited by Deu, December 10 2012 - 03:32 AM.

Posted Image

#26 Skylead

Skylead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • LocationSpace Colonies

Posted December 10 2012 - 12:33 PM

View PostDeu, on December 10 2012 - 03:30 AM, said:

I keep trying to play the game but the beta is over. Please help me understand.
Don't you know you just have to enter the Koonami code to unlock the launcher_ It also gives you 30 extra lives.

Edited by Skylead, December 10 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#27 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 10 2012 - 03:01 PM

View PostSkylead, on December 10 2012 - 12:33 PM, said:

Don't you know you just have to enter the Koonami code to unlock the launcher_ It also gives you 30 extra lives.
This has nothing to do with Hawken, but try using the Konami Code on this webpage, using enter for 'start': http://railslove.com/

(Make sure you have scripting enabled. It's harmless.)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users