HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Player mechs invisible, outline only

Beta

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Omega_Reaper

Omega_Reaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:42 AM

Player mechs invisible on the battlefield, only square hud outline is showing up on some players. Impossible to tell if player is behind a surface or out in the open because the lack of visiblity steals depth perception and distance gauging ability. This seems to happen most frequently on BAZAAR with ASSAULT class mech, but not confirmed to specific mech type.

*~*~I Am The GHOST In YOUr Machine~*~*  

Posted Image

#2 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 02 2012 - 07:53 AM

Do you have a screen cap to clarify the issue_ How far away are they and what is potentially obscuring them from your vision_

From the sounds of it, they are either behind something and shouldn't be highlighted by the red box or they should be completely visible and aren't being rendered for one reason or another.

Posted Image

#3 Grafix

Grafix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationBehind Evolwar and SS396 stealing thier Kills

Posted December 02 2012 - 03:12 PM

Remember that the "Infiltrator" has the "Cloak" special ability which will render it nearly but not fully invisible with only an outline showing.
Grafix™  
Inner Sphere Wars Developer and BattleMech Hanger Developer - Hawken Beta Tester: C-BETA 1, C-BETA 2, C-BETA 3, Open BETA    
System Specs: Win7 64 Bit, AMD 6 Core 3.3ghz, 16Gig DDR3 RAM, Liquid Cooled, 2x Dual DVI Nividia GTX 560 2gig video cards for Quad Monitor usage during 3D Graphical projects.  Currently only use 1 monitor for Hawken.

#4 malusVex

malusVex

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 02 2012 - 05:38 PM

same thing happened to me yesterday in a freefor all match i asked him was he invisable and he sied no. He was in a sniper class mech type. it took me and 3 other mechs to kill him in while invisable cause if he wasent firin we couldent see him beside radar blimp.

#5 Omega_Reaper

Omega_Reaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 05 2012 - 02:51 PM

No sorry Sub, regrettably I did not get a screen cap. At the moment I was too distract d by an over-pretentious troll :mellow: irritating fellow players. But as to the details: he was definitely not a cloaked mech, he was an assault class, so no cloak. And I was less than 10 feet from him at one point and still could not see him. We were communicating via public chat, and other players were able to see him, tho at least 2 others could not. So it seems to be an issue related to settings quite possibly. NEXT TIME, I will be sure to get a screen cap. lol :)

Posted Image

#6 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 06 2012 - 12:50 AM

System specs_ Hardware_ Graphics settings_

We need to know these things before we can even try to take a stab at it.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#7 Omega_Reaper

Omega_Reaper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 07 2012 - 01:31 PM

Running a Cybertron model system with an Intel Board and chipset, Pentium i5 Processor, 500Gb ram, Nvidia GeForce vid card, Windows 7 Ult. 64bit. Good all around system, it runs WoW and Planetside 2 at max specs with no issues. So i doubt that is the problem. I have the grahpics settings for the game set to max and this is the only issue i have noted since alpha. And as I stated, the only stage I have seen this happen on is BAZAAR. Never seen it happen on another map. Other players in the match stated having the same issue, while the rest were able to see the mech clearly. Hope this helps a bit.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users