HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

All Pilots to Their Mechs, Open Beta is Live!

Announcement Beta Game News Update

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#61 Littlebuck

Littlebuck

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:49 PM

What is going on_ Nothing works right...I'll check back later maybe tomorrow. AHHHH Guys I've been waiting since closed beta for this night.. every night.

#62 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 12 2012 - 08:51 PM

Well this went smoothly. I've run out of tables to flip.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#63 ANTAG

ANTAG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationWarsaw Indiana

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:02 PM

Just like down town good work guys knew you could do it its exciting cant Waite to play and improve my skils

#64 Knightmare127

Knightmare127

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:03 PM

Can't play tonight now, but i hope it's good tomorrow. I gotta play this game!

>>Started working, got addicted, NOW i can go to bed happy :D

Edited by Knightmare127, December 12 2012 - 10:40 PM.

Your move... nervous_

#65 Benx70

Benx70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:45 PM

after reading about the closed beta been looking foward to this..
Good Job Devs on the Mechs , love m (#‵′)凸chs!!!

#66 BlazingTiger

BlazingTiger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:55 PM

Well just playing the tutorial was fun. I'm really enjoying the controls, they feel smooth and responsive. I just wish there were servers to actually play on lol!

Edited by BlazingTiger, December 12 2012 - 10:00 PM.

#67 Husky

Husky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 12 2012 - 09:59 PM

View PostKnightmare127, on December 12 2012 - 09:03 PM, said:

Can't play tonight now, but i hope it's good tomorrow. I gotta play this game!
''

It might be better tomorrow. I keep getting Failure to sync mech or I cant find any games. The woes of launch day.
Posted Image

Dat Husky...

#68 Trismos

Trismos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:10 PM

Game not working :(

#69 Pakkamm

Pakkamm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCorsico (Mi) Italy

Posted December 13 2012 - 12:11 AM

Hello to everybody!
I'm italian.
I'm crazy and i have two big guns on my battle-chassis...BBUUUAAHHH  AAAHHH
(fuzzy bunny!, where are my pills!!__) :blink:

#70 bahalanaman

bahalanaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:12 AM

5hrs download time + about 10mins patching :ph34r:
Posted Image

#71 Hunter_Killer

Hunter_Killer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationCyberdyne Systems

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image
Cut the fuzzy bunny time to FIGHT !!!
Posted Image
-INFILTRATION-UNIT-ONE-

#72 Lazeruscorn

Lazeruscorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:34 AM

Well, I gave it 13.25 hours. I expect bugs in an open beta. I expect crashes. I expect glitches, patches, missing textures, tweaks, balancing, nerfing, "holes" in the world, some options not working correctly..... you get the idea.
What I didnt expect, and am greatly dissappointed by, is to try for 13.25 hours and it ... just....plain...doesn't.... work.
After the game finally went live, I got to connect for about 5 minutes before it all blew up. Then it supposedly got fixed. So now, I can see a store to "test drive" some mechs for free until 12-21....except you may be able to "own" them, but you cant actually unlock them unless you spend the money (Never had a car dealer ask me for $40,000 BEFORE the test drive...). But, set that aside, its a beta, stuff happens. Move on and use the default after getting excited.... Wait for it!.... Nope. Still cant find any matches at all. Although, since its been "fixed", I get a message of "your connection to the server was lost" instead of "nothing found that matches" or whatever it was.

So, my first bug report:
After 13.25 hours of very intense testing, dilligent note-taking, data crunching, and deep philosophical internal arguments, I can finally give a report of....

It has a really purdy "launch" screen. NOTHING else works.
The End.

Thats all I have. Im done for a while.

Edited by Lazeruscorn, December 13 2012 - 02:07 AM.

#73 DarkFran

DarkFran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostHolyNoob, on December 12 2012 - 09:26 PM, said:

Destination file is corrupted__________!!!!!!!!!!! Why are you doing this to me :(
Someone help me solve it!!!
I reinstalled many times :(
I feel the same, the update gives me "Reliable Source Serving Sata Corrupt" = :(

#74 Lorenzitto

Lorenzitto

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:14 AM

finally, i was sleeping

#75 TrollMeaT

TrollMeaT

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:14 AM

downloading now after waiting for it all day :P felt like some poor girl waiting by the phone and picking it up to make sure it had a dial tone... evil start I would say, how about some redeem codes! :D

Edited by TrollMeaT, December 13 2012 - 02:18 AM.

#76 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM

View PostLazeruscorn, on December 13 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

So now, I can see a store to "test drive" some mechs for free until 12-21....except you may be able to "own" them, but you cant actually unlock them unless you spend the money (Never had a car dealer ask me for $40,000 BEFORE the test drive...).

The only thing you cannot do with test drive mechs is customize them. Because if you get a mech for a test drive and decide to spend a bunch of Hawken Credits (or even Meteor Credits!) on upgrades, but don't buy the mech before the test drive ends, guess what_ Byebye mech. Byebye credits. This is working as intended.

The test drive was so that everyone can start and get a feel for A-class, B-class, and C-class and decide whether they're more about being fast and nimble, slow and heavy with weapons to match, or the middle with B-class. You even gain exp on them so that you can earn the Hawken Credits (if you don't have or don't want to spend Meteor Credits) to unlock the mech as you level it up and then purchase it, already levelled (as long as you get there before the test drive ends, I guess).

They could just have said "here's your Assault, we're not giving you ANY guidance on what the other classes are like, so you get to make your choices blind...I hope you bought enough Meteor Credits to get at least three!"
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#77 centurion1

centurion1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM

the download is to slow... :blink:

#78 Lazeruscorn

Lazeruscorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:35 AM

View PostElix, on December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

View PostLazeruscorn, on December 13 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

So now, I can see a store to "test drive" some mechs for free until 12-21....except you may be able to "own" them, but you cant actually unlock them unless you spend the money (Never had a car dealer ask me for $40,000 BEFORE the test drive...).
The only thing you cannot do with test drive mechs is customize them. Because if you get a mech for a test drive and decide to spend a bunch of Hawken Credits (or even Meteor Credits!) on upgrades, but don't buy the mech before the test drive ends, guess what_ Byebye mech. Byebye credits. This is working as intended.The test drive was so that everyone can start and get a feel for A-class, B-class, and C-class and decide whether they're more about being fast and nimble, slow and heavy with weapons to match, or the middle with B-class. You even gain exp on them so that you can earn the Hawken Credits (if you don't have or don't want to spend Meteor Credits) to unlock the mech as you level it up and then purchase it, already levelled (as long as you get there before the test drive ends, I guess).They could just have said "here's your Assault, we're not giving you ANY guidance on what the other classes are like, so you get to make your choices blind...I hope you bought enough Meteor Credits to get at least three!"
thanks for the response! And that definitely makes sense. I couldn't "unlock" them (kept asking for money) so I thought I couldn't "use" them.But, really, it doesnt matter that much. I chalked it up to a beta bug... no big deal.HOWEVER the real problem is, it doesnt matter what mech I choose, I can't play one. ANY of them. Because I can't connect to anything or get into any type of game anywhere, after that first few mins about 7 hours ago I mean. I'm only upset because I was REALLY excited by my very short taste.
Hmmm. it keeps telling me I cant reply because I posted too quickly. But its been 26.5 minutes. Am I on some sort of restriction now_ Due to a negative post_

thought/suggestion:
for someone that is inexperienced with the game, the button to "unlock" that is the first thing visable in the garage, that can't be unlocked, looks confusing. Perhaps an additional line to the popup asking to add money_ Something like "You can choose to purchase this Mech now in order to modify it, or you can Test-Drive it "as-is" right now by Deploying! (or "launching" or whatever that choice was).

Edited by Lazeruscorn, December 13 2012 - 02:48 AM.

#79 Elix

Elix

Good Guy Elix

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,228 posts
  • LocationFred's cockpit

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:38 AM

Low-post-count accounts seem to be rate-limited right now. The reputation system (likes, etc.) only goes up, so there's no capacity to measure a "negative" post.

I would check to see what others are reporting in Bug Reports, because I know you're not the only one having problems.
HAWKEN Community Values (updated!)

ETA for $feature_you_want to be added to Hawken Open Beta: Imminent™
See someone breaking the rules_ Don't reply, just hit Report. I am a player, not staff.
Drinking game: Check the daily stats. If I'm not the top, DRINK! (I'm joking!)

#80 Lazeruscorn

Lazeruscorn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:52 AM

View PostElix, on December 13 2012 - 02:38 AM, said:

Low-post-count accounts seem to be rate-limited right now. The reputation system (likes, etc.) only goes up, so there's no capacity to measure a "negative" post.

I would check to see what others are reporting in Bug Reports, because I know you're not the only one having problems.
thanks! I edited the above post for a suggestion.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Announcement, Beta, Game, News, Update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users