HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

This has GOT to be a joke...

Screenshot

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 OddaC

OddaC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationThe wastes, waiting for the revolution...

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:42 PM

When you have multiple mechs and wanna trick 'em all out, the amount of money spent is gonna accumulate rather quickly. I doubt they had this in mind with this pricing decision. I'm in favor of a price-nerf myself.

#22 Coldrew

Coldrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:44 PM

...I might be able to shed some light on this. :3
http://forums.someth...9#post410251217
If SA is being private: https://dl.dropbox.c...1540053/PNK.PNG

Also I loved the bunnies out of that pattern, going to buy it on every mech.

Edited by Coldrew, December 12 2012 - 10:44 PM.

My other job is a wizard.
The high price of Pink and Black.

#23 Mujona

Mujona

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMoon Base

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:46 PM

Not gonna lie, I got this camo, highlighted it in pink, and named the Rockteer "Barney the Purple Dinosaur".

People run if a giant pink mech comes rolling in lol
Posted Image

#24 Fex

Fex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationPlanet: Epsilon

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:47 PM

Love the league comparison, yet in LoL they have legendary skins as well for $20.  You completely overlooked the cost of ALL the other skins in hawken and just lock on the most expensive one.

And yeah, I bought it.  So hate me.

#25 discocheddar

discocheddar

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:50 PM

In GW2 people were spending hundreds of dollars just for the chance to get halloween themed skins.  Often times they didn't get it because the drop rate was ridiculously low.  I think that burned a lot of players.  I think that the hawken devs needs to be careful with the whole skin business model. If players think that they are being scammed then they won't stay.  Personally, I'm not looking for a free ride but I want prices to be fair.

#26 Mothanos

Mothanos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 11:52 PM

As long as its all cosmetic who0 cares realy _
Normal games cost around 55/60 euro here in the netherlands, a skin 10 euro _

Your not forced to buy it :P

#27 Timber_Wolf

Timber_Wolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:55 PM

Oh no, a camo that affects absolutely nothing about the game costs money.

...don't buy it, then_  
$10 gets you exactly 2 mechs, a mech and an internal, or 3 internals, which is, honestly, pretty good imo.
$10 in other games -might- get you a character if it's on sale_  Or one backpack item in BL:R_
Chicks dig giant robots.

#28 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 12 2012 - 10:56 PM

@ mothanos : €60, really _
That's funny, because i never pay much over €40, even for the newest games.
(Nog nooit van tweakers.net gehoord zeker_ :P )

@ folks in general : i highlighted the insane price for one skin as it stands out, the other thread about the costs already shows the offbeat prices for internals and turrets and such, no need to rehash what was said there (AsianJoyKiller would tear me a new one if i did).
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#29 patlasmat

patlasmat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • LocationTurkiye, İzmir

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:14 AM

I dont think any price will go down soon, it would be so wrong for the ones who bought anything before price drops. so, this is the pricing of this game. I am eager to return home and spend some money now, does ensigns have enough mc to buy that pink-black checkers_ i heard they'l send us real life table cloths with same skin if we buy it before release :P

Edited by patlasmat, December 13 2012 - 01:19 AM.

simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.

#30 Kai_Kitamura

Kai_Kitamura

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM

I...  fail to see the problem here. It's a skin. It's the first thing that should be highly priced. Remember, it's not closed beta, you're not meant to fully grind everything in a week.
Brawler - Gespenst Type-S -=- Bruiser - Gespenst Type-R -=- Rocketeer - Randgirth -=- Infiltrator - Lion -=- Sharpshooter - Weissritter

...make no mistake - we are not shy
We're very wide awake - the moon and I!

#31 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:29 AM

My major qualm with it is that the price varies from paint job to paint job. Quite honestly I could care less if they all cost 1722. Its the idea that some cost more or less than others, when it comes down to it, paint schemes are preference. To charge someone more because they like purple, over someone who likes green is just horse fuzzy bunny. all paint shop camos need to have a single price. and all available camos need to be in the shop. There is stuff that was in closed beta that isn't in the shop currently.

Edited by Urvanis, December 13 2012 - 01:33 AM.

Posted Image

#32 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:30 AM

Be happy that you can actually chose something. Most of us are gona be stuck with stock TV mech for long..

#33 Rotaken

Rotaken

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationMilk cartoon

Posted December 13 2012 - 01:30 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on December 12 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

@ folks in general : i highlighted the insane price for one skin as it stands out, the other thread about the costs already shows the offbeat prices for internals and turrets and such, no need to rehash what was said there (AsianJoyKiller would tear me a new one if i did).

Dudebro, that skin is the classiest one, only reason I wouldn't buy it because everybody who has enough money will. Prob I still will buy it cuz it's so friggin amazing :wub:

#34 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted December 13 2012 - 08:48 AM

View PostRotaken, on December 13 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on December 12 2012 - 10:56 PM, said:

Dudebro, that skin is the classiest one, only reason I wouldn't buy it because everybody who has enough money will. Prob I still will buy it cuz it's so friggin amazing :wub:

http://youtu.be/Dc3AovUZgvo

;) :lol:
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#35 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted January 08 2013 - 11:47 PM

they probabaly figure those who actually want to put checkered pink on their mech would be too stupid to calculate the price.

#36 Squabbles

Squabbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 12:04 AM

View PostDullahan, on December 12 2012 - 09:57 PM, said:

It's camo that makes you MORE visible. Purely cosmetic. It has no bearing on the game whatsoever aside from what marshalade said: it's a symbol that you have the money to invest in that kind of dumb thing.  Status symbol.

I'm confused as to why people are getting their panties in a bunch about it.

The black/orange tiger stripe camo actually makes you a bit harder to see in the darker maps.

#37 SunshineSloth

SunshineSloth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationSouth of the Equator, North of the South Pole.

Posted January 09 2013 - 12:09 AM

The point of the super expensive items is that people with money to afford those are supplementing the game for everyone who can't. Games need players and developers need money. I think this is the fairest way to charge for a game.
Posted Image

#38 PlanckZero

PlanckZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted January 09 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostSunshineSloth, on January 09 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

The point of the super expensive items is that people with money to afford those are supplementing the game for everyone who can't. Games need players and developers need money. I think this is the fairest way to charge for a game.

The fairest way to charge for a game is to provide quality content people are willing to pay for.

This is more just preying on the ignorant that have too much money for their own good.

#39 Luftwaffle

Luftwaffle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationNanaimo, Canada

Posted January 09 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostPlanckZero, on January 09 2013 - 12:34 AM, said:

View PostSunshineSloth, on January 09 2013 - 12:09 AM, said:

The fairest way to charge for a game is to provide quality content people are willing to pay for.

This is more just preying on the ignorant that have too much money for their own good.
$10 sure is a lot of money, you're right. That could get you two beers or two shots at a bar! Or a six pack of fuzzy bunny beer at a liquor store!

I'm sorry but your post is ridiculous. If someone likes Hawken enough to pay for a $10 skin instead of one of the many cheaper ones, more power to them for actually supporting a free game that provides them with well over $10 worth of entertainment.

Edited by Luftwaffle, January 09 2013 - 01:27 AM.

If you can't stand the HEAT, stay out of the map.

#40 Incapacity

Incapacity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted January 09 2013 - 01:23 AM

View PostKai_Kitamura, on December 13 2012 - 02:19 AM, said:

I...  fail to see the problem here. It's a skin. It's the first thing that should be highly priced. Remember, it's not closed beta, you're not meant to fully grind everything in a week.

hurr
because we can grind meteor credits right

Besides, anyone who uses skins with color are going to be killed more. I love it when people dress up so they stand out against the background. Pink checkers are an easier target.
last.fm/user/sincapacity objectively good taste
plusle.nabyn.com art things

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Screenshot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users