HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Reduce Mech And Item Costs

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Prices (330 member(s) have cast votes)

How Much Should Things Cost in Hawken Points_

1. 13-15 hours/mech, as it is now (86 votes [26.06%])

Percentage of vote: 26.06%

2. 9-12 play hours/mech, %66 of price now (100 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

3. 7-10 hours/mech, %50 of price now (100 votes [30.30%])

Percentage of vote: 30.30%

4. 5-8 hours/mech, %33 of price now (44 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Orpheu5

Orpheu5

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationAlmost Canada

Posted December 17 2012 - 05:58 AM

View PostNotturno, on December 16 2012 - 02:17 PM, said:

I know that turned into a bit of a wall of text, so if you are looking for the "tl;dr," here it is for your consideration. The game is solid, and the monetization system is acceptable in my opinion. If the majority of your community finds the price point too high, consider offering more free boost weekends or ways to accumulate points outside of regular gameplay. Consider a "bait" program that offers points for reaching a certain level with your starter mech so people can choose their first real mech for free.

Point being, offer more incentives and rewards, people love meaningful achievement.
Meteor could take a cue from Riot Games and only lower the costs of some things, while leaving the rest at the current price. That way, those who play less still have the opportunity to unlock things early on, and possibly get hooked and start playing more. And if they don't, then at least they've gotten to unlock something.

I've stated elsewhere that what this game lacks is short-term advancement, and doing that would neatly solve that problem, at least for a while.

Rise up while you can.

#42 Brakskit

Brakskit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted December 17 2012 - 06:48 AM

Say about 150 HC a game..that means 43 matches to make enough for a 6450 mech. There is no defense for that the way things are right now, no matter who you are.

Make the first mech purchase made a lot cheaper, let that first potential mech purchase available in a separate training mode against drones so people can learn a little about it and boom, a better game and people willing to do the RMT for the other mechs they liked the feel of.

#43 DeathmachinePT

DeathmachinePT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 07:11 AM

For top players the prices are fine it takes time to grind and level but that what is good for bussiness but as said before hawken credits could be increase by around 20% to all players.

I have played a lot already kinda addicted and the game seems pretty well balance I get killed by noobs and kill them too.. And I still have the multi-purpose vehicle with only 1 modification and I'm usually a top player.

Edited by DeathmachinePT, December 17 2012 - 07:12 AM.

#44 BuDeKai

BuDeKai

Some Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 12:27 PM

View Post8lackSt33L, on December 16 2012 - 07:56 AM, said:

After some expirience in Battlefield play 4 free i think this prices is ok.

tru dat fuzzy bunny was horrible. what threads like this dont realize is how good they actually have it with the current price.

ill admit i think the items are too expensive. something as game breaking as not having both an offensive and defensive item on every mech is pretty inbalanced imo. it currently works out to ~3 bucks for an item and u have to buy them for every mech. seems steep to me

im looking at this from a standpoint of someone who believes u should invest something into every free to play, otherwise u have no excuse for having to grind because u represent 0 percent of the companies income so why would they care if u are upset.

Posted Image

ive started streaming. the quality is fuzzy bunny but id appreciate any support
http://www.twitch.tv/budekai
also be sure to tune into The COCKPIT Hawken show! ---> http://community.pla...astshow-121212/

#45 darkeningpath

darkeningpath

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 09:27 PM

I want to be constructive, but I've been playing well since day 1. From my point of view, mech costs are fine, but equipment costs are about 3x too high. I'd suggest lowering them to about 1k each (7-10 matches), and making them MUCH more effective. Right now, their changes don't seem to do much.

#46 Hiphin

Hiphin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted December 18 2012 - 06:34 PM

I'm a top 3 mostly 1st place player, I reached level 25 fast and purchased everything I wanted almost.
now lets say I wasn't as good... and I placed 5th most matches...I think that the Grind is still acceptable.. it wouldnt take you 1 month to get everything you needed... wouldnt even take you 2weeks... If you don't play more you'll never get better and never be satisfied with the stuff you buy anyways.

I use a recruit mech, Always used the Rifle and game in 1st place within my first few games...
You guys would do better if you knew a little more about the game like tow missile detonation.

Some of the kills just take patients... just sit back and us your rifle and tow and lore people to yourself until your good enough to assault people. Killing bigger mechs is really easy once you dodge there first volley its pretty much over...

I'll put up some videos and hopefully help you guys learn a few tricks.

My friend just started playing and even on my team with me in 1st place he comes in 5th...
he has 1100hc as of 2hrs of play, so 1 mech would take him 2 days or 12hrs of play break it down a little more
and you have 4 days max with 3hrs a day of playing... if you play less than 2hrs a day, you can't expect to compete with people who play 4hrs a day or more.

Prices should say the same, and for top tier players you know as well as I do that everything is really cheap... 2 days of play and I have everything I want plus 7600hc sitting. I can expect 150hc per round and arround 2000-3500exp per round

I still use the recruit mech... thats all i use...

We also need a way to add loadouts to mechs.

Edited by Hiphin, December 18 2012 - 06:36 PM.

#47 Malaclyps

Malaclyps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 08:43 AM

View PostGrimPhoenix, on December 13 2012 - 09:59 PM, said:

Warnig to all you people who always get top 3, this does not apply to you, it is middle and lower ranked players mostly, if you think the rate is fine but you always score top 3, please try to grind purposfully at rank 5 and see how well it treats you, thats the best some of us can do with assult classes.

my numbers are estemates

i get 2nd or 3rd, but i agree completely...just made a thread in suggestions about how to get my money if they care.  http://community.pla...o-get-my-money/

lower prices, or higher rewards basically.   this just ain't scratching that pavlovian itch, and they could be, if they just fine tune it a bit.

#48 The8BitFox

The8BitFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:29 PM

However, I think that those who have already bought mechs should unlock a special camo for that mech, either that or a refund, an exclusive camo would be cool though :P

Posted Image

I'll see you on the battlefield. You won't see me.

#49 The8BitFox

The8BitFox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 19 2012 - 02:33 PM

I always come in the top 3, and own the following mechs:

Recruit
Rocketeer
Bronze Vanguard Cupcake
Scout
Brusier
Berserker
Sharpshooter
Grenadier

But I entirely agree with everything being overpriced, for those of you who are struggling have 6000 Hawken Points by redeeming this code: MACHINIMECH

Posted Image

I'll see you on the battlefield. You won't see me.

#50 Malaclyps

Malaclyps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted December 19 2012 - 04:12 PM

View PostThe8BitFox, on December 19 2012 - 02:33 PM, said:

I always come in the top 3, and own the following mechs:

Recruit
Rocketeer
Bronze Vanguard Cupcake
Scout
Brusier
Berserker
Sharpshooter
Grenadier

But I entirely agree with everything being overpriced, for those of you who are struggling have 6000 Hawken Points by redeeming this code: MACHINIMECH

code died yesterday according to reports in the promo code thread :(  you can still get the 2k points for downloading the commic but it doesnt come until January

Edited by Malaclyps, December 19 2012 - 04:12 PM.

#51 Malaclyps

Malaclyps

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted December 22 2012 - 08:55 PM

code is live again.

#52 Bulgarkan

Bulgarkan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationBulgaria,Burgas

Posted December 30 2012 - 05:38 AM

7-10 hours/mech that should be fair enough.

#53 Pirits

Pirits

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • LocationMobile, Alabama (USA)

Posted February 03 2013 - 12:29 PM

I rarely get top three or a title (K/D ratio, most kills, ect.) and I do rather well about getting a mech in 10 hours, no big deal.

But then again I have four mechs with some internals (multiple for each slot other than the C classes) stuffed inside of them...

I'm not sure if i count in this case but i could have gotten my fifth mech not to long ago, but i started turning my brawler into a fighter instead of a sponge for bullets and such.
"What am I doing on top of this Sentium owned spire at a place we call Origin_ Hard-core parkour_ NO, I'm being a derpy chimera. OH! I can see my house from here."
​On a separate note - "Cover me, I'm commentating."
Spoiler

#54 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted March 27 2013 - 04:54 PM

Zombie thread! KILL IT! ITS NOT NATURAL!

#55 Taw_Archangel

Taw_Archangel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 08:21 PM

They need incentive to have players spend money. The system is fine.
I am known as a few names. Sicarius_X, PilotError, and Archangel. Also, C-class master race ;)
Posted Image

#56 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted March 28 2013 - 10:06 AM

The Cost has been reduced since the open beta started for mechs and Countermeasures that I can see. The mechs use to cost 9000 something now they cost 6000 something. Buying 100 CMs use to cost 10K now it costs the same as a new mech.

#57 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted March 28 2013 - 11:07 AM

Wow, this thread. I haven't seen Hiphin since the EMP was balanced. I wonder why..._ :rolleyes:

I think prices are in a pretty good spot now, between the initial 5000 HC a newbie receives in addition to the incessant HC giveaways. I wouldn't be against a reduction in Item prices since that really is the biggest HC barrier between being viable and being competitive, but otherwise I'm fine with what we have.

It only took a few months for me to end up with a pile of HC that I have little use for... maybe I should start buying CMs_

Edited by FenixStryk, March 28 2013 - 11:12 AM.

It was fun while it lasted.

#58 D3thpool

D3thpool

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationInnsmouth

Posted March 28 2013 - 11:37 AM

well i would really like to see a decrease in item/internal costs.

the cost is nearly half of a mech which is overpriced as hell
"The World is indeed comic, but the joke is on mankind"

H.P. Lovecraft

#59 GambitX652

GambitX652

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 11 2013 - 06:53 PM

View PostGrafix, on December 15 2012 - 02:35 PM, said:

The costs of the mechs in my opinion is just right.  In 5 hours of play with a good average of 1.5% kill death ratio I earned enough credits to level my main mech to 25, get the 4500 prize weapon and get another mech to level up.

P.S. the Vulcan is deffenitly nerfed. I see very little difference between the vulcan 25 level prize weapon to the assult rifle so you can use the money/hawken points you have earned and get another mech instead of getting the vulcan weapon.

EDIT:
Just noticed that my Kill death ratio was 2.89% not 1.5%
i have to say ive played alot of free to play games and like others i still have left over credits i cant spend honestly what am i gonna do with 26MC

#60 GambitX652

GambitX652

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 11 2013 - 06:56 PM

for all of u that are looking for an increase in HC earned per match i have posted a new poll for this as im ok with the prices but i do agree the amount of HC earned needs to be increased when i play for 4 or 5 hours a night and only make between 400-1000 HC thats a little redictulous

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users