HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Meteor Credit Discount for larger bundles_

Award

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gunslingr

gunslingr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 03:52 PM

When Purchasing Currency (Meteor Credits), we are given 6 options to choose from, all of which are in units divisible by $5 and/or 720mc.

$5 USD = 720mc
$10 USD = 1440mc
$25 USD = 3600mc
$30 USD = 4320mc
$50 USD = 7200mc
$100 USD = 14400mc

There is no benefit of purchasing a $30 USD 4320mc pack, over that of, three times a $10 USD 1440mc pack. Besides the convenience of an overall transaction count of 1 versus 3.

I'd like to ask the developers/business/finance decider, and the community, to support a discount awarded to MC packs in higher dollar ($USD) amounts.

There is no reason for anyone to gamble and plunge for the high end $100 14400mc pack. People are better off purchasing lower tiered options in safety, and maybe buy smaller increments at later stages, as needed.

Give an incentive for us to immediately throw down higher amounts of cash. Reward and encourage the supporters who would give you the most money! Isn't this good business sense_

I'm sure it isn't a quick and simple fix and that you'll have to go through a few channels to get this done. But seriously, this is a very common and proven method in business, it's pretty much an UP-SALE.
Would you like to super-size_

Maybe during the business strategy you guys worked out the value of MC in relation to player earned xp (sorry, forgot name), for items in the shop.
That's cool and fine. But now also, take into account the potential increase in revenue, due to a higher amount of higher-tiered bundles... like most businesses.

Please give feedback and support everyone. Give me a reason to throw larger sums of cash at this game.
Also, please do not discuss whether or not store items are too expensive or that it is too hard to grind xp. That is off-topic. Let's just work on 'discounts' and leave that other stuff for other threads.

#2 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 14 2012 - 05:23 PM

It'd definitely be nice, but such discounts also do kind of eat into profits. :P

I'd certainly support it, though.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#3 gunslingr

gunslingr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 08:14 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 14 2012 - 05:23 PM, said:

... but such discounts also do kind of eat into profits. :P

But my point is... that the discounts would be an incentive to buy higher tiered options. Which would increase profits. Same way, say, a retail shop does.

#4 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 14 2012 - 08:26 PM

Depends on how many people they think they can get to buy at the higher levels then. More aggressive discount leads to more buyers, yes, but it must be balanced out so that the volume of buyers meets or exceeds the "normal" price, or else they won't really make net profit off it compared to keeping it at a flat rate.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#5 Leaders

Leaders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationEastern Canada

Posted December 14 2012 - 08:32 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this won't be done, but I so think there will be "deals" like with the vanguard initiative that will come about now and then... pay 15 bucks and get 20 bucks worth of credits.. and so on.

It seems that first deal was very successful, and because of that it'll most likely become something of a normal happening over time.

#6 LunaticCalm

LunaticCalm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted December 14 2012 - 09:11 PM

They really should do this. I've spent $45 on League of Legends but have spent less than half of my allotted riot points. I went in on the bigger bundle because it had a better value for the dollar. If there had been no difference, I would have just bought $10 or so at a time as needed.

By having bonuses for larger purchases, they've gotten more money out of me sooner than the would have without the bonus. Hell, I might never actually spend all my riot points, in which case they've gotten a great deal off of me. :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Award

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users