HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Daily rewards

Award

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Poll: Daily rewards (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Is this a good idea.

1. Yes! (10 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

2. NO! (2 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 VidBeas

VidBeas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 01:28 PM

This is the 21rst century, it's all about customization and having it their way.  Odviously that can't always happen, but giving them a little of what they want can easily effect the game greatly, (in a posetive way). For instance, when I was a kid, if I wanted a toy I had to beg for it, and when I got it, I was happy and didn't ask for anything else for at least 1 month.  But, if you take that 1 month, and multiply it by 4,(thats the effect of video games, more addicting than toys odviously), you get 1/3 of a year, (which is 4 months), this is how long most players would keep playing and thats also how long most of them would be satisfied at the least if you let them have at least one thing that they want.  So every four months, if you release a small customizable feature or something they want, and then make a new one, you will be good for 4 more months. Now think about this, 2/3 of the players are serious players, and the other 1/3 players are alternating games players, (who usually don't have alot of time for video games and mostly only play for fun).  Now the alternating players may not play alot, but they mostly only play for fun, therefore, they try to get the most out of the game they can, so if they see something they like, they buy it if they can.  And serious players (who are on the game alot more), usually after achieving max level and anything else they want, they set a goal to make their character look cool, therefore, they don't really mind dishing out money for something they want. But they are smart enough to know when something is not a good deal, and if it's not, of course they complain to the forums. Therefore, both types of players will buy things if they get at least one thing they want. (some players in World of warcraft paid $10 for a retarded looking helmet, and only the helmet. that was 1 customization feature out of 2 other helmets) All in all, everybody wins.

Edited by VidBeas, June 15 2014 - 01:37 PM.

#22 VidBeas

VidBeas

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted June 15 2014 - 01:48 PM

To put that in a simple way, the more things you add that players want, the more players will play for longer, the longer the time they play, the more things they would most likely be willing to buy.                                                                                                                                                   To put things in an even more simple way, game+new customizable features=happy players, happy players+customizable features= happy players willing to buy something, happy players willing to buy something=Moar moneh made.
To put things in a rediculously simple way, happy players=moar moneh made.                                                                          

The main point, 500 MC isn't alot, which is the problem, we need a way to get more than 500 MC to try out, which is why we want more.
In a Gamer's perspective, if they are playing this long, they want to get their times worth. And since more things in the game cost MC than the number of things that cost HC, they don't want HC.

#23 GalaxyRadio

GalaxyRadio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted June 16 2014 - 12:42 AM

First the Basics, then you can do more. Hawken dont have even good Basics to start with. It's dying right now, new Toys won' help in that matter. Not for me, not for my friends, not for my clan.

When the basics are good, you can add more toystuff.

Kind Regards,
Galaxy Radio

#24 Artist

Artist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted July 08 2014 - 02:24 AM

Daily login rewards are one of the terrible things we inherited from mobile F2P. Please don't try to turn Hawken into Farmville. There are rewards each day already, but it involves you actualy PLAYING the game, not just showing up. (and trying to be good at it, geting a win on each game mode for 250HC each)

#25 Lobotomas

Lobotomas

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted October 25 2014 - 01:58 PM

It is sound like a great idea. But you have fix your math on that topic. It shoud be more like
1day - 10
2day - 25
3day - 50
4day - 75
5day - 100
6day - 125
7day - 150
8day - 200
9day  -200 and so on

All HC.

I thing 400 for log is too much. No HC reward of course. MC is buyable only with real money.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Award

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users