HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HAWKEN "Starts" With Black Screen

Beta

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TangoMike

TangoMike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 16 2012 - 06:51 AM

Hello everyone:

I have just installed the game. Downloading and running the launcher and everything else seemed to go perfectly. However, once the launcher actually starts the game, the game only brings up a black screen. While on this screen the program uses roughly 20% percent of my CPU and 700 megabytes of RAM. I have let it run like this for 15 minutes or so with no results.

I have tried restarting, bypassing the launcher, running it in various compatability modes, and running it as administrator, again with no changes.

My specifications:

Windows 7 64-bit
Intel Core i7-2540M 2.5GHz <-> 3.1GHz (Turbo Boost)
6GB DDR3
nVidia GT 540M  @ driver version 310.70
1366 x 768 monitor @ 60Hz

Thank you.

Edited by TangoMike, December 27 2012 - 08:55 PM.

#2 N8Rock

N8Rock

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 12:49 PM

I am having the exact same problem.

my specs:
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD phenom ii X4 955 black edition
16gb ddr3
nVidia GTX 250

#3 TangoMike

TangoMike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 17 2012 - 07:44 PM

I have discovered more details concerning this issue. If I run the game in windowed mode, everything works perfectly. As soon as I change the in-game setting to "fullscreen", I am given a completely black screen once again. At that point all I can do is forcefully terminate the program.

To change to windowed mode manually, open your favorite text-editing program in administrator mode. Then, navigate to the install location (probably Program Files) > Meteor Entertainment > Hawken > InstalledHawkenFiles > Config > DefaultSystemSettings.ini. Near the top, under the "SystemSettings" heading is the fullscreen option. Change this value to "False". Under that, you can adjust the screen resolution (X and Y) to your liking.

Thank you.

#4 TangoMike

TangoMike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted December 27 2012 - 09:30 PM

More details:

I have finally discovered how to run the game full-screen. For some reason, I must have vertical-synchronization turned on in order for my PC to show anything while in full-screen. In windowed mode it does not matter.

I have just noticed this similar situation with a game called "World of Tanks". Therefore, this seems highly likely to be an issue on my end. I have no idea how to fix it. I'll just turn on v-sync. :)  (I did not know it was off.)

Thank you.

#5 LamprosMaximus

LamprosMaximus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 12:56 PM

How can i set it full screen_

#6 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted January 01 2013 - 12:58 PM

Lampros, you should've started your own topic instead of hijacking this one.  While in game, click the top-right icon and go to system settings.  Then choose the video settings tab and check the Fullscreen option.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#7 I_Eat_Penguin

I_Eat_Penguin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 08:16 AM

I can not edit the config files it keeps saying access denied

#8 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted May 24 2013 - 09:52 AM

This support article https://playhawken.z...creen-at-launch mentions setting the ingame resolution to the native resolution for your screen should help.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users