HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Best Killstreak

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#41 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 23 2012 - 12:12 PM

View PostPiVoR, on December 23 2012 - 09:11 AM, said:

Cool story bro, that just HAD to cause alot of buthurt =).
Buy more mechs_ Did you even noticed my METOEOR bank_
Your empty Meteor Bank_ Sure. I notice a ton of Hawken Points that are currently unspent. Saving them for Anti-EMP I'm sure - I know I'd be.

I also notice only two mechs with any levels on them; my point still stands. Incredible Scout, terrifying killer, doesn't bother with anything that isn't straight-up killing. It's all you are, with no other real depth other than a token 25 Recruit as well if, for some reason, your Scout is getting stomped.

You and I are different kinds of player. For you, K/D is everything, but odds are the people with extremely high K/Ds like yours haven't faced any real good, stiff competition - either that, or you never, ever miss, and somehow move in patterns that very few players can figure out. I believe you're skilled, but I'm pretty sure if you faced more of the forum's upper crust, your K/D would drop down quite a bit.

For me, I work hard for my kills, but I don't bother to run away from a battle if I go under half health. I definitely play more than DM or TDM (in fact, I avoid DM unless any other gametype is empty as I find it boring and annoying to be constantly shot in the back) including plenty of MA and Siege as those are the best modes to get HC and XP. Sometimes I'll sacrifice a life to get an important kill.

I stopped caring a long time ago about having the best K/D, because in a game like Hawken, all having an ultra-high K/D means is that yes, you're able to kill people. I decided I'd simply be a great overall player. To that end, this makes me a more flexible threat, whereas you're simply an extremely deadly Scout, but little else.
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#42 Silchas

Silchas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted December 23 2012 - 12:16 PM

You two should just play against each other and upload the video.

Less talking more killing.

#43 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted December 23 2012 - 12:18 PM

so if my friend and I go in a empty server and he lets me spawn kill him for an hour giving me 50 kill streak and a 50:1 k/d ratio that makes me a good player_

right....

#44 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 23 2012 - 01:41 PM

View PostPhaaze, on December 23 2012 - 12:18 PM, said:

so if my friend and I go in a empty server and he lets me spawn kill him for an hour giving me 50 kill streak and a 50:1 k/d ratio that makes me a good player_

right....

Only if you post it  :P

Edited by G4M5T3R, December 23 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#45 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 23 2012 - 02:04 PM

View PostReachH, on December 23 2012 - 04:07 AM, said:

Ban all these people for obvious speed haxx

I doubt it's speed hacking as much as it is pubstomping. I know I am... don't have much a choice until ranked is added in. Other than joining a clan that is. And just joining a friends lobby doesn't work 9/10 times, the server is always full (even if it's not). So yea..
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#46 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 23 2012 - 03:15 PM

Soo sorry that i need to work hard for each HP and spend them wisely cause theres no refunds, and all i got comes from promo codes.
And soo sorry that there is no "real good, stiff competition" for me, and i need to pubstomp all the time.

Funny how you telling some tales how "good" you are while I sit quietly about my skill =) , comparing yourself to me seems serious buissnes now, ROTFL.

Edited by PiVoR, December 23 2012 - 03:16 PM.

#47 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 23 2012 - 06:28 PM

I liek turtels.
EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#48 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 23 2012 - 11:09 PM

View PostSilchas, on December 23 2012 - 12:16 PM, said:

You two should just play against each other and upload the video.

Less talking more killing.
Won't happen. He's in Poland, I'm in America. It'd be one of us pingraping the other no matter how you slice it unless you fly him here, or you fly me there.

View PostPiVoR, on December 23 2012 - 03:15 PM, said:

Soo sorry that i need to work hard for each HP and spend them wisely cause theres no refunds, and all i got comes from promo codes.
And soo sorry that there is no "real good, stiff competition" for me, and i need to pubstomp all the time.

Funny how you telling some tales how "good" you are while I sit quietly about my skill =) , comparing yourself to me seems serious buissnes now, ROTFL.
Says the person who said "Want me to raise the bar_" and then posts his 9+ KDR. I instigated, you continued. Pot calling the kettle black. I'm guilty of calling you out, but you're guilty of replying to it.

For the most part, I likewise keep quiet about my skill except within these sorts of topics. It's impossible to not brag (because it's human nature to take pride in something one is good at, even if it is a sin to do so), but really good players just let their numbers, for the most part, do the talking, and it's not like I swagger into every single topic and start throwing down "I'm better than you" or whatever. I already have enough people cursing my existence on this forum, as do you, but as I said, I do get put up against the forum's better players more since matchmaking is much more likely to put them in a game with them (as opposed to you, whose mech mastery will not change unless you buy more mechs), so my stuff tends to be lower because oftentimes I'm trading deaths with these guys. Matchmaking, right now, goes solely by mech mastery, so unless that formula changes, or you buy more mechs, you'll basically go against people who've mastered perhaps one mech, or have a medium amount of progress in 3-5 of them.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 23 2012 - 11:12 PM.

#49 XenoMorph

XenoMorph

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationNY USA

Posted December 23 2012 - 11:34 PM

Mines 30 now :-0
Posted Image

I usually assume my team-mates are retarded :)

#50 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 24 2012 - 01:16 AM

Why do you think that you are matched against better players if mech mastery has nothing to do with skill_ The only thing it says right now is that somebody has bought more mechs (mostly by meteor points).
Buying mechs with MP and rising your mastery that way makes you automaticly better player_ Thats a fail logic.
You are just matched against people who also spend real money on the game, thats all.

#51 WickedSoN

WickedSoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 24 2012 - 01:30 AM

Pivor got game. That kdr and kill streak are BEAST. I'm sure he's top notch in ANY game mode...

#52 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 24 2012 - 01:35 AM

View PostPiVoR, on December 24 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

Why do you think that you are matched against better players if mech mastery has nothing to do with skill_ The only thing it says right now is that somebody has bought more mechs (mostly by meteor points).
Buying mechs with MP and rising your mastery that way makes you automaticly better player_ Thats a fail logic.
You are just matched against people who also spend real money on the game, thats all.

My mastery is 5200 or so, I bought 4 mechs with Hawken credits, and 2 with Meteor Credits. I have also customized their items and internals purely with HC, and I have no mech under 17. Why do you assume people with a high mastery simply buy mechs with MC_ "Thats a fail logic" You do not know everyone's circumstances, and with all these HC giveaways and double HC weekends, and the boosters, why is it such a long leap in logic for you that people could have bought those mechs with HC_ Maybe it is possible that DarkPulse's opponents are higher level, maybe it isn't. I don't play US East, but I have heard of a lot of good players there. As I'm sure there are a lot of good players in Europe. I guess what I am trying to say is this: please don't counter someone's argument with conjecture and baseless facts.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#53 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 01:40 AM

View PostPiVoR, on December 24 2012 - 01:16 AM, said:

You could easily buy mechs without spending a single piece of real money, so actually your logic is flawed. While I did buy some of my mechs with MC (as I do have the Commander-level Vanguard), I did buy at least 1/3rd of them with pure HC.

The devs have said that Mech Mastery factors into matchmaking. (They were supposed to post a blog about how it works last week, but did not, so hopefully they do so this week.) You are thus matchmade against other players of roughly similar mech mastery levels as much as possible... at least, that's how it should work in theory. In practice, I'm still being thrown in with a lot of greenhorns, but I do get the occasional, more difficult opponents.

Since your level is 2100, and mine is currently over 8000, basically the game will almost never put the two of us in the same match, assuming we both went to the same server region. I never said it made me a better player, just that you keeping yourself to two mechs is basically making you pair up with people who also only have a few mechs, and at that level, there's no longer too many players of skill, since the more skilled players, generally speaking, obtained more mechs so that they have something to actually level and challenge themselves with.

View PostWickedSoN, on December 24 2012 - 01:30 AM, said:

Pivor got game. That kdr and kill streak are BEAST. I'm sure he's top notch in ANY game mode...
He would be, but in team game modes, you occasionally get saddled with a team who either doesn't know what they're doing or are just plain inferior. Even a skilled player is kind of screwed in a 3v1 or 4v1 scenario.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 24 2012 - 01:43 AM.

#54 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 24 2012 - 02:03 AM

Read my short post again, omfg. Im talking about mastery reflecting skill, i belive that you can buy alot with only HP but..
Why do you think that more mastery makes you a better player_
And question for both of you: Does such a "high" mastery makes you feel like uber pros_

#55 145154151164145

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:10 AM

View PostPiVoR, on December 24 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Read my short post again, omfg. Im talking about mastery reflecting skill, i belive that you can buy alot with only HP but..
And question for both of you: Does such a "high" mastery makes you feel like uber pros_

Pretty sure if you can play any mech effectively your a damn good player lol.

#56 Emnesty

Emnesty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:14 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 22 2012 - 06:29 PM, said:

Don't have the luxury of always getting a pubstomp. When I do, though, I put everyone in this thread - even PiVoR - to bed. Sayonara, baby~

You didn't put me to bed on this one though haha. But GODDAMN the carnage was indescribable. It was like a race.

Posted Image

Anyway, I've been pubbing to get all my mechs lvl 25 asap and I haven't done a deathmatch since CB, hence the huge KD. Trust me though, I'm a solid all around player.

Posted Image

41 with Beserker
33 with Infiltrator
24 with Cupocaku

Edited by Emnesty, December 24 2012 - 05:34 AM.

#57 fides5566

fides5566

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:50 AM

31, it was 20 until I had a berzerker and a match with a lot of newbies on enemy team and vets at my side.
Still proud of it xD

#58 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 05:41 AM

View PostPiVoR, on December 24 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

And I'm saying, mastery doesn't innately reflect skill (the stats do, not the mech mastery), but it DOES decide who you get matched up against, due to how matchmaker works. The game is going to avoid throwing you into a server that is higher than your current mech mastery level (in other words, if the average player mastery level in that server is higher than your current mech mastery, it will move on to the next server), so basically you're just constantly going up against less-experienced opponents.

And no, I don't feel like I'm an uber pro based on my mech mastery. But I do feel like I'm better than 95% of the folks playing, and I have the numbers and stats to back it up, especially as I do get tested from time to time against the better players.

View PostEmnesty, on December 24 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

You didn't put me to bed on this one though haha. But GODDAMN the carnage was indescribable. It was like a race.

Posted Image
Sure, you outdid me there, but at the time my Berserker was seven levels below yours. :P Was definitely a fun match (for us, probably not for them) though. To be honest, I was hoping we would've gotten to 100 before time ran out; I wanted to see if the score on the HUD would've rolled over to 00 or not.

Also, you had more kills, but I had more assists. Add both of those up, and we both got the same combined K/A: 53. This basically means we were feeding the other pretty much constantly. The only thing I did in that sense was one more death, so realistically, you just got more of the finishing shots than I did, as IIRC you had a Vulcan but at the time I was still using an Assault Rifle. (Which, to be honest, I'll probably go back to due to the much higher accuracy.) Higher ROF than I had, if we were going after the same targets (and we often were), would've definitely favored you in those situations because your bullets could hit in the lag time between mine.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 24 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#59 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 05:53 AM

I shoot people in the face and they die... I no need no good K/D... Our clan name is nKD anyway. Guess what that stands for.
Posted Image

#60 Emnesty

Emnesty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec, Canada

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:01 AM

View PostTwiceDead, on December 24 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

I shoot people in the face and they die... I no need no good K/D... Our clan name is nKD anyway. Guess what that stands for.
NiceKD_

Edited by Emnesty, December 29 2012 - 03:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users