HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Best Killstreak

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#61 TwiceDead

TwiceDead

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 872 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:38 AM

View PostEmnesty, on December 24 2012 - 07:01 AM, said:

View PostTwiceDead, on December 24 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

I shoot people in the face and they die... I no need no good K/D... Our clan name is nKD anyway. Guess what that stands for.
NiceKD_
Close... But no cigar...
Posted Image

#62 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:35 AM

Relax, why you so butthurt DarkPulse_ Nobody called you out for anything, until you started getting all butthurt.

Besides we all know that damage ratio is a far more consistent indicator of skill, that Master-of-one>>Jack-of-all-trades (unless you concede that this game is shallow and has no skill-depth), and that win rates in pub siege/missile are the most laughable stat currently.

So tuck that reproductive appendage away.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#63 BluddyPoo

BluddyPoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:38 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 24 2012 - 05:41 AM, said:

View PostPiVoR, on December 24 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Read my short post again, omfg. Im talking about mastery reflecting skill, i belive that you can buy alot with only HP but..
Why do you think that more mastery makes you a better player_
And question for both of you: Does such a "high" mastery makes you feel like uber pros_
And I'm saying, mastery doesn't innately reflect skill (the stats do, not the mech mastery), but it DOES decide who you get matched up against, due to how matchmaker works. The game is going to avoid throwing you into a server that is higher than your current mech mastery level (in other words, if the average player mastery level in that server is higher than your current mech mastery, it will move on to the next server), so basically you're just constantly going up against less-experienced opponents.

And no, I don't feel like I'm an uber pro based on my mech mastery. But I do feel like I'm better than 95% of the folks playing, and I have the numbers and stats to back it up, especially as I do get tested from time to time against the better players.

View PostEmnesty, on December 24 2012 - 04:14 AM, said:

You didn't put me to bed on this one though haha. But GODDAMN the carnage was indescribable. It was like a race.

Posted Image
Sure, you outdid me there, but at the time my Berserker was seven levels below yours. :P Was definitely a fun match (for us, probably not for them) though. To be honest, I was hoping we would've gotten to 100 before time ran out; I wanted to see if the score on the HUD would've rolled over to 00 or not

Also, you had more kills, but I had more assists. Add both of those up, and we both got the same combined K/A: 53. This basically means we  vwere feeding the other pretty much constantly. The only thing I did in that sense was one more death, so realistically, you just got more of the finishing shots than I did, as IIRC you had a Vulcan but at the time I was still using an Assault Rifle. (Which, to be honest, I'll probably go back to due to the much higher accuracy.) Higher ROF than I had, if we were going after the same targets (and we often were), would've definitely favored you in those situations because your bullets could hit in the lag time between mine.

Why are you trying so hard to sound like you are good at this game_  I don't exactly understand your Intent with these page long stories you keep posting but it just makes you sound pompous and weak. Why are you talking down to people posting a couple screenshots of high streaks in obvious pub stomping matches_ Are you that upset that someone on the forums has a higher score than you so you debase them by pointing out that you play more mechs so you are therefore the better player_ Or that because their mech score is lower so they clearly only face trash opponents. And then some dude posts a close match where you north did well, except he did a bit better and you go on about "well your meach was a bit higher level and we match in k/a and you were just getting more ogf my kills and you were using a faster firing weapon and the sun was a little in my eyes at that time of day and my shirt had a stain on it that kept distracting me and the humidity of the air was clogging my nose so wouldnt get proper oxygen flow to my brain.

Seriously. Relax bro. Someone can do better than you. The world will still be turning

#64 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:42 AM

Hey, I'd like to remind everyone that match making based on Mech Mastery is just a THEORY.

Development happens.

Posted Image

#65 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:03 AM

View PostTwiceDead, on December 24 2012 - 05:53 AM, said:

I shoot people in the face and they die... I no need no good K/D... Our clan name is nKD anyway. Guess what that stands for.
New Kids on the Dome_

View PostReachH, on December 24 2012 - 08:35 AM, said:

Relax, why you so butthurt DarkPulse_ Nobody called you out for anything, until you started getting all butthurt.

Besides we all know that damage ratio is a far more consistent indicator of skill, that Master-of-one>>Jack-of-all-trades (unless you concede that this game is shallow and has no skill-depth), and that win rates in pub siege/missile are the most laughable stat currently.

So tuck that reproductive appendage away.
I'm not butthurt over it, I just don't like to view K/D as the sole indicator of skill, is all. That and I'm pretty sure if Pivor went up against more of the better players, he'd definitely not have a 9+ K/D. :P

I do think the Mech Mastery score is throwing him into more matches where he can pubstomp, as well, but as you said in a later post, we don't know exactly how it works. All most of us can agree on is that it's not that great.

View PostBluddyPoo, on December 24 2012 - 08:38 AM, said:

Why are you trying so hard to sound like you are good at this game_  I don't exactly understand your Intent with these page long stories you keep posting but it just makes you sound pompous and weak. Why are you talking down to people posting a couple screenshots of high streaks in obvious pub stomping matches_ Are you that upset that someone on the forums has a higher score than you so you debase them by pointing out that you play more mechs so you are therefore the better player_ Or that because their mech score is lower so they clearly only face trash opponents. And then some dude posts a close match where you north did well, except he did a bit better and you go on about "well your meach was a bit higher level and we match in k/a and you were just getting more ogf my kills and you were using a faster firing weapon and the sun was a little in my eyes at that time of day and my shirt had a stain on it that kept distracting me and the humidity of the air was clogging my nose so wouldnt get proper oxygen flow to my brain.

Seriously. Relax bro. Someone can do better than you. The world will still be turning
I didn't debase him, either. I pointed out that he had a better shot of getting kills because he had a weapon that would fire faster than mine, which really isn't something one can deny - the Vulcan easily out-DPSes the Assault Rifle, so all other things equal, it will give him a better chance to get the kill shot if we team a target, and it will also make him quicker on his kills than I would have been able to do.

Also, a seven level difference is a fair one, especially at higher levels (among other things: Weapon unlock, a few more optimization points which by that point are usually going into movement, and Level 3 bonuses for all your weapons and ability.) All in all, that did give him an edge - albeit a slight one - in killing faster, but overall we had approximately equal effectiveness.

I know there's people who'll do better than me. Like I said before, I never cared if I was the best K/D. He had a higher-ROF weapon that could out-DPS mine (AR does at best 77 DPS, Vulcan is in the region of 120, according to AJK's stats sheet), so he got his kills that little bit quicker, which gives him an edge over me at that time. Now, it'd be a lot harder to say, as I likewise have my Berserker up to Level 25.

Either way he's a highly skilled player, and someone who I hope I don't run into on the opposite side of the field too often. :P
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#66 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:06 AM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 24 2012 - 09:03 AM, said:

I didn't debase him, either.

Not only is this a lie, but it is one with an unnecessary comma.

Posted Image

Development happens.

Posted Image

#67 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:10 AM

I'll be able to make 23-0 with the bruiser some games ago but at the last moment an frosty and cold infiltrator killed me two times :) at the last minutes on baazar so ended in 23-2, ill make more with the Tv but since it's 25 ill leaved it in the hangar.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#68 BluddyPoo

BluddyPoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:14 AM

You quite certainly did. And even now you post in even more in detail about how he didn't really do better than you, he just had a few more things going for him which somehow made his score higher.

#69 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:15 AM

View PostReachH, on December 24 2012 - 09:06 AM, said:

Not only is this a lie, but it is one with an unnecessary comma.
Believe what you want. I know how I feel about it, and that's all that really matters.

The dude outdid me, but I wonder if it would be the same if we were both L25, that's about all. I know it'd be close either way. :P

View PostBluddyPoo, on December 24 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

You quite certainly did. And even now you post in even more in detail about how he didn't really do better than you, he just had a few more things going for him which somehow made his score higher.
...Considering that they are advantages in landing a killshot, yes, it does kind of matter.

He did better than me, but without me also having been Level 25, it's impossible to know if I would've been closer (unless we get paired up in a match again).

Edited by DarkPulse, December 24 2012 - 09:18 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#70 WasteGate

WasteGate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationTehas

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:18 AM

Posted Image

It's just a game. Relax.
Go kill some more Mechs.
Posted Image

#71 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:42 AM

View PostPiVoR, on December 24 2012 - 02:03 AM, said:

Read my short post again, omfg. Im talking about mastery reflecting skill, i belive that you can buy alot with only HP but..
Why do you think that more mastery makes you a better player_
And question for both of you: Does such a "high" mastery makes you feel like uber pros_

I never said more mastery does make you a better player, but if someone has a high mastery who never spent a cent on this game, than just by the sheer amount of time invested in the game, that person would have picked up some measure of skill, no_

You know, it's funny, my "high" mastery doesn't make me feel like an uber pro. In fact, I have always been rather humble (I think) about my relative skill in any video game. I like to think I'm an average player, or maybe just a tad higher. There are people better than me, and there are people worse than me, that is all I know.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#72 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 24 2012 - 03:46 PM

Couple of things:

1.) Unless you are constantly playing against the best of the best, your KDR and Damage Ratio individually dont mean jackshit.

2.) Mech Mastery is not really correlated to any sort of skill. Its correlated to your time spent playing (AFAICS), but since this is hardly the first FPS for any currently good player, it doesnt really mean much.

3.) There are many ways to be good at a game. You can be the best shot there is, but if you suck in a team setting, noones gonna want to play with you. However, usually the ones with good aim can do decent in team settings as well, so the ones with average (among their peers) aim have less of a lead if theyre excellent team players.

4.) Aim transfers between weapons. And thus between mechs. Just because someone has only played with a single mech so far doesnt mean he wouldnt be able to play with another mech equally well. Hell, he might even do better.

5.) This game makes killing sprees really easy by allowing you to repair fully between encounters. Fights also take long enough that small mistakes dont matter all that much, and thus the player with higher skill wins almost every encounter.

Do with this what you want, but this fighting over whos ultimately the better player seems childish, especially since you could easily test it by playing against each other.

#73 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:19 PM

I see i missed alot, party is still spinning i see.. without ME =(.

View PostWasteGate, on December 24 2012 - 09:18 AM, said:

It's just a game. Relax.
Go kill some more Mechs.

No, this is matter of life and death!

#74 SmaCkexe

SmaCkexe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:21 PM

29 on Vanguard
Posted Image

#75 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 24 2012 - 04:23 PM

View PostReachH, on December 24 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hey, I'd like to remind everyone that match making based on Mech Mastery is just a THEORY.

oh really...

View PostScapes, on December 15 2012 - 07:17 AM, said:

Mech Mastery is how HAWKEN puts an integer on your skill at the game. It's also how you're sorted into matches by the Matchmaking system.

We're working on a new letter that details how Mech Mastery and Matchmaking work from the guys and gals who work on it. Will be out next week.

from the topic about mech mastery.. here: http://community.pla...ysterious-stat/

you may just have missed it.

Edited by Akrium, December 24 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#76 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 24 2012 - 05:54 PM

What the bull shtting fuzzy bunny. So I'm stuck playing nubs because I haven't been able to play the past 2 weeks_ And because I didn't go crazy with the MP buying at the start_ And fyi to the guy up there, damage ratio talks about the efficiency with which you play. This is more universal than k/d. And most of the guys here do play with the 'pros'.

Edited by ReachH, December 24 2012 - 05:54 PM.

Development happens.

Posted Image

#77 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:25 PM

No one in this entire thread has posted a better killstreak than me so both of you girls can stop arguing, you're both pretty :rolleyes:

#78 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:28 PM

View PostSaer, on December 24 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

No one in this entire thread has posted a better killstreak than me so both of you girls can stop arguing, you're both pretty :rolleyes:

*Yet*
:o Now you've done it
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#79 Saer

Saer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:42 PM

I would love to see someone beat my kill streak, do me proud guys ! B)

If DarkPulse and PiVoR actually want to test their skills on each other rather than continuing this pointless banter, I encourage them to add me or anyone else in the BSB to their friends list, and join us in our weekly Fightclub 1v1's. We would be more than happy to be the facilitators of the duel and accommodate you both, we can even live stream it on twitch.

Let your mechs do the talking, boys ;)

Edited by Saer, December 24 2012 - 07:44 PM.

#80 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 24 2012 - 07:53 PM

View PostReachH, on December 24 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

What the bull shtting fuzzy bunny. So I'm stuck playing nubs because I haven't been able to play the past 2 weeks_ And because I didn't go crazy with the MP buying at the start_ And fyi to the guy up there, damage ratio talks about the efficiency with which you play. This is more universal than k/d. And most of the guys here do play with the 'pros'.

I am just not sure why the measure your skill by the amount of fuzzy bunny you've bought. If that is the case, why don't they just factor play time and totally ignore what you have in your garage.

It confuses me...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users