HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Best Killstreak

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#81 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:06 PM

You all post in a thread with the defined purpose of one-upping and then are surprised when a little confrontation erupts_

Let them duke it out, feed their egos if they'd like.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#82 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:09 PM

got 24 on my heat infiltrator today.
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#83 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:17 PM

View PostAkrium, on December 24 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

View PostReachH, on December 24 2012 - 05:54 PM, said:

What the bull shtting fuzzy bunny. So I'm stuck playing nubs because I haven't been able to play the past 2 weeks_ And because I didn't go crazy with the MP buying at the start_ And fyi to the guy up there, damage ratio talks about the efficiency with which you play. This is more universal than k/d. And most of the guys here do play with the 'pros'.

I am just not sure why the measure your skill by the amount of fuzzy bunny you've bought. If that is the case, why don't they just factor play time and totally ignore what you have in your garage.

It confuses me...
Because they are an inexperienced developer trying to juggle F2P appeal and building an online service from scratch. Obviously shoved the product out the door as soon as possible so it can start making money. And my money is on PiVoR anyway. FIGHT CLUB FIGHT CLUB FIGHT CLUB

Edited by ReachH, December 24 2012 - 08:17 PM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#84 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 24 2012 - 08:41 PM

View PostReachH, on December 24 2012 - 08:17 PM, said:

View PostAkrium, on December 24 2012 - 07:53 PM, said:

What the bull shtting fuzzy bunny. So I'm stuck playing nubs because I haven't been able to play the past 2 weeks_ And because I didn't go crazy with the MP buying at the start_ And fyi to the guy up there, damage ratio talks about the efficiency with which you play. This is more universal than k/d. And most of the guys here do play with the 'pros'.

I am just not sure why the measure your skill by the amount of fuzzy bunny you've bought. If that is the case, why don't they just factor play time and totally ignore what you have in your garage.

It confuses me...
Because they are an inexperienced developer trying to juggle F2P appeal and building an online service from scratch. Obviously shoved the product out the door as soon as possible so it can start making money. And my money is on PiVoR anyway. FIGHT CLUB FIGHT CLUB FIGHT CLUB

aww heell nawww, DarkPulse all the way. I know from my thread that you are a respectable SS and player, but you sir are just wrong.

Edited by Guiotine, December 24 2012 - 08:41 PM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#85 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:18 PM

Pub scrub circle jerk IMO looooooooooooool ;P

#86 Avlaen

Avlaen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:18 PM

and here i thought my 17 was good lol
Furry gamer/nerd girl who loves most sci fi and fantasy stuff with a special love for the 40k universe.

#87 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted December 24 2012 - 09:50 PM

View PostSaer, on December 24 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

I would love to see someone beat my kill streak, do me proud guys ! B)

If DarkPulse and PiVoR actually want to test their skills on each other rather than continuing this pointless banter, I encourage them to add me or anyone else in the BSB to their friends list, and join us in our weekly Fightclub 1v1's. We would be more than happy to be the facilitators of the duel and accommodate you both, we can even live stream it on twitch.

Let your mechs do the talking, boys ;)

Smashing idea !
Best kill streak 3, maybe 4
*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#88 Metalo

Metalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted December 24 2012 - 10:18 PM

u call that a killstreak _

this is a killstreak

Posted Image

#89 WickedSoN

WickedSoN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted December 24 2012 - 10:53 PM

LOL

#90 nonsiccus

nonsiccus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 420 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted December 24 2012 - 10:53 PM

View PostWickedSoN, on December 24 2012 - 10:53 PM, said:

LOL

EOC Infiltrator

#hawkenscrim @ irc.quakenet.org - find ringers and scrims at the competitive level

http://youtube.com/vrts for gameplay footage

#91 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 24 2012 - 11:37 PM

View PostMetalo, on December 24 2012 - 10:18 PM, said:

u call that a killstreak _

this is a killstreak

Posted Image

This looks shopped, I can tell by the pixels.

edit: I love how nothing adds up on either side.

Edited by Guiotine, January 14 2013 - 11:46 PM.

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#92 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 25 2012 - 03:28 AM

And fyi to the guy up there, damage ratio talks about the efficiency with which you play. This is more universal than k/d. And most of the guys here do play with the 'pros'.
Arguably, if you cant finish the job (ie. get the kill), youre not all that good. Damage Ratio is an interesting statistic, because it shows your potential, but it doesnt mean much if its not paired with a good K/D/A stats. Also note how i said that Damage Ratio, as well as KDR, shouldnt be taken individually, especially not if you arent constantly playing against really good players.

DR and KDR are relative stats. They dont indicate an absolute level of skill, but just the level you have amongst the players you play with.

Now, if you do play with the 'pros', thats fine. I just dont think everyone here does, i know i dont.

#93 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 25 2012 - 04:28 AM

View PostSaer, on December 24 2012 - 07:42 PM, said:

I would love to see someone beat my kill streak, do me proud guys ! B)

If DarkPulse and PiVoR actually want to test their skills on each other rather than continuing this pointless banter, I encourage them to add me or anyone else in the BSB to their friends list, and join us in our weekly Fightclub 1v1's. We would be more than happy to be the facilitators of the duel and accommodate you both, we can even live stream it on twitch.

Let your mechs do the talking, boys ;)
I've already played some of the BSB boys. At least, I'm pretty sure I have.

That said, despite what this thread looks like, I honestly don't care if people have better ratios than me. I play games for fun first and for skill second. Duels mean nothing to me because all it decides is who is better in a pure, 1v1 situation, which almost never happens in a real Hawken match, so to me they are, like K/D ratios, a simple measure of who is the better killer, but I have outdone (in terms of XP) superior killers to myself before and had a higher score, which means that even if they killed more, I did more and thus was overall the stronger player. That's one of the things I really like about this game - the pure killing machines aren't always the top players, which means you're actually rewarded for doing things like you should be doing in MA or Siege.

It does happen that I have a lot of skill to back myself up with, but I don't eat, breathe, and sleep Hawken. In fact, I haven't even played the game in a couple of days. Pivor's put in way more time on this game than I ever have, and if he wants to pimp himself out on his K/D, it's his choice, just like me doing so on mine was mine.

I do think he is held back from the better players due to how mech mastery decides what servers to throw him into, though. Thus, to me, his K/D basically has an asterisk next to it. But I doubt that'll matter once a server browser returns because most of us don't like matchmaking anyway and would much rather just go to a server that has a nice low ping and a decent number of people on it.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 25 2012 - 04:30 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#94 PiVoR

PiVoR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted December 25 2012 - 04:38 AM

This guy just cant stop xDD.

And again your logic with mastery = skill, and again I need to ask why do you think that only better players got more mastery_

This will never end O,O.

#95 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 25 2012 - 04:44 AM

View PostPiVoR, on December 25 2012 - 04:38 AM, said:

This guy just cant stop xDD.

And again your logic with mastery = skill, and again I need to ask why do you think that only better players got more mastery_

This will never end O,O.
...For the last time. You don't understand my argument at all. I will break this down as simply as I possibly can.
  • The game, right now, throws you into different servers based on your Mech Mastery score. If the average Mech Mastery level of the players is too high compared to yours, it will not put you in that server and try the next one.
  • Mech Mastery is decided by the combined levels of your mechs, as well as if you have bought items and internals for them.
  • Since you only have two mechs, and presumably have filled out all their slots, but no others, this is keeping your Mech Mastery low. Therefore, any server whose average player mech mastery level is 2200 or higher, the game will look at your mech mastery level, see it's under that, and will not connect you to that server because it sees your mastery is too low. This means that you will not join the matches with players who have higher mastery.
It has nothing to do with "more mastery equals more skill." But it DOES have to do with the fact that, since your mastery level is quite low, the game will pretty much never put you against a server full of higher-mastery players, who will probably be more likely to give you a better fight compared to the people who hang out at the 2200 region since they have more experience. (Not necessarily more skill, but certainly more experience.)

I really can't make it any clearer. If you don't understand it after this, I give up.

Edited by DarkPulse, December 25 2012 - 04:49 AM.

Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#96 Deaod

Deaod

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted December 25 2012 - 05:31 AM

Is there any reason to assume a higher mastery value tends to imply higher skill_ Or is that just an assumption you made because it rings true_

EDIT: I should mention that i consider experience to be a form of skill. Its in my eyes the weakest one, and thus easily overcome through greater mechanical skill (accuracy, movement, ...).

Edited by Deaod, December 25 2012 - 05:39 AM.

#97 Rogue1000

Rogue1000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted December 25 2012 - 05:34 AM

Comon, you dont have to be a good player to kill streak when your team is fuzzy bunny the other.

There have been times when ive been the best player on my team with ~5 kills and 20+ assists.

Come to think of it. i hate it when i have been 1v1 someone and then a team mate walks in and gets the kill with one shot of a flak from miles away. >:

Some people just quit the match if their team has any kind of opposition.

I dont really take much notice of stats.

Edited by Rogue1000, December 25 2012 - 05:37 AM.

#98 Urvanis

Urvanis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  • LocationHonolulu, Hawaii

Posted December 25 2012 - 07:21 AM

I only ever get a decent ping late night.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 25 2012 - 07:55 AM

new high score for me...

Posted Image