HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What we know is coming to Hawken

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#1 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 28 2012 - 06:53 PM

Many people that played in alpha have been asking for the Valkyrie map to make a return. And we have an answer. This map will come back.

I was playing in a couple matchs with [ADH] TJ last week and we got a few things answered about maps and mechs.

- TJ said that Valkyrie is being worked on they need to finish texturing it.

- He said that new Mechs will come every month and that they have mechs to fill 12 months already.

- For maps he said that they will be every 2 to 3 to 4 months. Simply because mechs are easier to make than maps. -Updated as of producer letter-

These things are coming but we need to give them time.

- On game modes it was hinted on a 4 player coop zombie hoard mode.

-- Advanced graphics settings will return, they were not ready UI wise with the new UI for Open beta. (from original OB patch notes) - http://community.pla...en/#entry194743

- Private Servers (Passworded)

- Spectator mode (in game but not finished and inaccessible normally)

- Clan support

- New weapons and items

- New leveling system

- New optimizations

- Crosshair fix - http://community.pla..._20#entry163925

- Queue groups for friends in the works. Will take some time. - Scapes

While we're working a feature that allows for premade parties, the Friends List allows you to join your friends' games or invite them to yours. As for the thread topic, marshalade answered it.

Patch News:

Patch coming out January 3rd. Patch notes can be found --->http://community.pla...tch-notes-1313/    Released

Update on the Reaper patch: Initially, we had planned to release The Reaper Update this week but determined a more thorough QA pass was warranted. - Scapes

The Reaper update patch notes have been revealed view them here ---> http://community.pla...te-patch-notes/

The Raider Update patch notes have been revealed, you can view them from here ---> http://community.pla...te-patch-notes/

Info from Q&A with Jason Hughes:
It has begun.

Some responses before the answer thread goes up.
Spoiler

Why can bug fixes and new features take so long to implement. (Small insight into the development process)

Also please remember that programming is not easy. At least from the stand point of fixing bugs. First from a bug report you must figure out what part of the code its relating to as one thing can be connected to multiple systems within the code. Also because one thing can be linked to many different parts of the code then fixing one thing can create a cascade of other bugs which you also have to fix. This is where QA comes in by identifying new bugs that might be created by bug fixes for the programmers to work on fixing.

Modifying a system or fixing something might have more effects than one would think. Also the same goes for modifying a weapons damage or characteristics, because who knows how many numbers or variables are effected by that one change. A small number change one place could lead to a larger change somewhere else.

QA and bug fixing can be some of the hardest work done by a company. Mainly because some bugs are extremely hard to track down. There is a bug in WoT with relation to the Training rooms that can get people stuck in them until the scheduled server restart. This particular bug is extremely hard to track down as it happens once in a while and by last count i know has happened only 5 times. These kind of bugs take a long long while to fix and track down because you have no idea whats bothering it. Whether it be old code or a conflict with a completely different part of code. Bug fixing is difficult.

Please understand what im saying here in that if they need time well we need to give them time.

New mechs:

If you have anything else let me know in a post or PM and I will add it to this list.

Edited by Cpt_Kill_Jack, March 02 2013 - 01:06 PM.

#2 Komodo_Saurian

Komodo_Saurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 06:55 PM

Zombie mechs_ Do they eat CPUs_ What's next_ Vampire mechs that drink oil_

I'm okay with that.

Someone important said:

Ego stroking quote.
- Distracting banner.
- Obligatory PC spec boasting, 'cause I'm rich.
- Shameless self-promotion links.
- Sneak a peak into every second stream voiceover ever.

#3 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted December 28 2012 - 06:55 PM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on December 28 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

I was playing in a couple matchs with [ADH] TJ last week and we got a few things answered about maps and mechs. TJ said that Valkyrie is being worked on they need to finish texturing it.
TEXTURES_!
D:

It... it just won't be the same... ;_;

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#4 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 06:57 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on December 28 2012 - 06:55 PM, said:

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on December 28 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

I was playing in a couple matchs with [ADH] TJ last week and we got a few things answered about maps and mechs. TJ said that Valkyrie is being worked on they need to finish texturing it.
TEXTURES_!
D:

It... it just won't be the same... ;_;

I know what you mean.

#5 Etan

Etan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationMInnesota

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:04 PM

i would imagine the hoard mode will have something to do with the gigastructure virus
Posted Image

#6 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:09 PM

Heres 1 new mech.

ScreenShot00021.jpg

I was trying to light up the scene a little bit.

Edited by SS396, December 28 2012 - 07:16 PM.

# while true; do echo "Post"; done

#7 Evex_Wolfwing

Evex_Wolfwing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:10 PM

Dude, I saw the zombie robot horde mode coming. Evex, stop being psychic. It is getting scary.

Posted Image

Prepare to Pilot your Level!

#8 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:15 PM

And heres another.

It was a model that we had access to before, but I don't remember which it was in Closed beta 1 or 2.  It might of been in the Alpha, if that was the case then I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.  :rolleyes:

ScreenShot00022.jpg

Edited by SS396, December 28 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#9 Krighton

Krighton

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:20 PM

Horde mode as in Gears of Wars 3 style Horde Mode_ IF so, then count me in, that will be fuzzy bunnying amazing.

More importantly, Nvidia Surround needs to be implemented, they needs someone who can fix the cockpit UI to work 6080x1080 and get my face off the windshield.
Hoping for true Nvidia Surround support at release. Infractions and warnings are for children, therefore I'm not afraid.

#10 BeelzeBuff

BeelzeBuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:25 PM

Glad that you made this post- should give hope to people saying "MOAR MOAR WE WANT MOAR CONTENT"

#11 DDwarrior

DDwarrior

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:27 PM

View PostSS396, on December 28 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

And heres another.

It was a model that we had access to before, but I don't remember which it was in Closed beta 1 or 2.  It might of been in the Alpha, if that was the case then I don't know anything about what I'm talking about.  :rolleyes:

Attachment ScreenShot00022.jpg
I remember that one.  It used to be the Sniper standard torsoe during the CB.  Was wondering what happen to it.  This news is truely nice to know, I look forward to seeing this game with nearly 20 mechs one day.  Which means new weapons.  I can't imagine the weapons we have now being the only ones with that many variations.
When I've launched onto the battlefield, torn my enemies to shreds.  I stride through the field and listen, I see a ping.  I quietly take my time moving into position, it pings.  I see him...but he doesn't see me.  That feeling of making someone feel defenseless in that moment.  It is glorious!

"I5-2400 3.3Ghz, 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz, MSI 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660Ti, COOLER MASTER HAF 912, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H, LSP 750 PRO,  500GB Sata 6GB"

#12 Elektrey

Elektrey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:39 PM

4 player coop zombie hoard mode

Edited by Elektrey, December 28 2012 - 07:43 PM.

Put this in your signature if you want forum text to appear this color instead of blinding whitePosted Image
Click for LIVE Hawken chat

#13 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted December 28 2012 - 07:43 PM

This is great news.

#14 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:16 PM

I can not wait for new mechs to arrive. I need more stuff to spend my HC on because there isnt anything in the game right now that I want past what I have.

#15 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:24 PM

I can't wait :D

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#16 SS396

SS396

Kernel Panic

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,258 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:25 PM

Heres another new one.

Plus I got some better shots of the other two.

I think it was a alternate body for the grenadier or one of the the original brawler body styles in CB1.  I dunno, they have all run together in my memory.

ScreenShot00026.jpg

ScreenShot00025.jpg

ScreenShot00024.jpg

Somethings up, theres no weapons on the arms, and even some of the A class mechs in the training garage don't have weapons installed on them either.

#17 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:27 PM

The first one that you show here is the Vanguard Cupcake. The second is one from Alpha that was removed from the availability list but will return and is pictured in the launcher. The third is one that I have never seen before.

#18 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:31 PM

View PostSS396, on December 28 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Heres another new one.

Plus I got some better shots of the other two.

I think it was a alternate body for the grenadier or one of the the original brawler body styles in CB1.  I dunno, they have all run together in my memory.

Attachment ScreenShot00026.jpg

Attachment ScreenShot00025.jpg

Attachment ScreenShot00024.jpg

Somethings up, theres no weapons on the arms, and even some of the A class mechs in the training garage don't have weapons installed on them either.
That last one looks like the CB1 Sharpshooter. *edit* any news on this new 'valkyrie' _ :D :D

Edited by ReachH, December 28 2012 - 09:32 PM.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#19 SystemiK

SystemiK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:33 PM

Awesome news, thanks for sharing!

Question:  At what point will they concede that their user base would much prefer a standard server browser to their "pipe dream" of a proper matchmaking system_
There is no time like time wasted...

#20 The_Eldritch_Abomination

The_Eldritch_Abomination

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDATA REDACTED

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:33 PM

View PostSS396, on December 28 2012 - 07:15 PM, said:

And heres another.

Attachment ScreenShot00022.jpg
That is the "Civ" chassis from CBE1.
< TEXT-FIELD >

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users