HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

What we know is coming to Hawken

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#21 Talesin

Talesin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:48 PM

First is Cupcake, second I don't recall seeing in-play (though is slated to be released in an upcoming patch), and the third one is the short-lived Sharpshooter replacement chassis from closed beta.
I remember posting in a thread about it, being unhappy that apparently an XBOX molested a mech at some point, and dubbed it the XBOT. Introduced at the same time as Fred if memory serves.
Win7-64, Core i7 920@2.67GHz, 48GB RAM, Radeon HD6870, 6004x1080 @ Ultra
Devs, PLEASE ensure proper Eyefinity support!

#22 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted December 28 2012 - 09:55 PM

There is nothing that can beat the original Sharpshooter body. Which you can see it the graphic novel #2.  Its that one that has a main body that looks like the Abrams Turret.

#23 Diskonekted

Diskonekted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted December 28 2012 - 10:20 PM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on December 28 2012 - 06:53 PM, said:

- He said that new Mechs will come every month and that they have mechs to fill 12 months already.
- On game modes it was hinted on a 4 player coop zombie hoard mode.
-- Advanced graphics settings will return, they were not ready UI wise with the new UI for Open beta. (from original OB patch notes)

*Gasp*

I love you.... And all the good folks at Meteor Entertainment & Adhesive Games!!

I shall name my first born Fred, until he's 25 of course, then switch it to Bruiser.....

PS: Next time to speak with TJ, can you enquire about a mech/level SDK_ I'd love to make mechs or levels as part of a Hawken community project........

*drooling*
Posted Image

#24 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 28 2012 - 10:54 PM

View PostSS396, on December 28 2012 - 09:25 PM, said:

Heres another new one.

Plus I got some better shots of the other two.

I think it was a alternate body for the grenadier or one of the the original brawler body styles in CB1.  I dunno, they have all run together in my memory.

--snip first 2 pics --

Attachment ScreenShot00024.jpg

Somethings up, theres no weapons on the arms, and even some of the A class mechs in the training garage don't have weapons installed on them either.

I remember seeing this chassis used on a SS in a video I saw from CB, I like the "fuzzy bunny-by-Xbox" look, but apparently other people didn't.

View PostDiskonekted, on December 28 2012 - 10:20 PM, said:

PS: Next time to speak with TJ, can you enquire about a mech/level SDK_ I'd love to make mechs or levels as part of a Hawken community project........

*drooling*

I'm sure I know this already, and this is an incredibly stupid question but.....SDK_ whassat_

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#25 Rainier

Rainier

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted December 28 2012 - 11:00 PM

View PostGuiotine, on December 28 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

I'm sure I know this already, and this is an incredibly stupid question but.....SDK_ whassat_

Software Development Kit.  I guess if there was a separate mode for custom mechs...

Edited by Rainier, December 28 2012 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

#26 Guiotine

Guiotine

Mech Collector

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,136 posts
  • Locationsomewhere between Illal and Eorzea

Posted December 28 2012 - 11:11 PM

View PostRainier, on December 28 2012 - 11:00 PM, said:

View PostGuiotine, on December 28 2012 - 10:54 PM, said:

Software Development Kit.  I guess if there was a separate mode for custom mechs...

ah tyvm

ReachH said:

I dub thee, Guiotine, 'Coloxxen, the mech pokemon'

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 02 2013 - 03:18 PM, said:

This wall of text gets the AJK Seal of Approval.

#27 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 12:20 PM

Im sure that modding capabilities will come when the game is finished but there is no point to do so until it reaches that point.

#28 DarkPulse

DarkPulse

Ghost Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,243 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY, USA

Posted December 29 2012 - 12:25 PM

...Zombies_

I'm not meaning to be rude, but why does every friggin' FPS nowadays have to have a damn zombie mode_
Reason as my minor ego, and opposite my desire to be a murderer.
A coagulated, gloomy thinking in the intelligence, as my major ego.
An antinomian theorem of behaviorism, in all of my thinkings.
It's what we call "The Inversion Impulse."

#29 Pursang

Pursang

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationTera

Posted December 29 2012 - 12:55 PM

View PostDarkPulse, on December 29 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

...Zombies_

I'm not meaning to be rude, but why does every friggin' FPS nowadays have to have a damn zombie mode_

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks zombies are played out. =/
Posted Image

#30 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 02:10 PM

Because its become a staple. Although I prefer zombie modes where the players become the zombies but I dont think that would work here.

#31 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted December 29 2012 - 02:18 PM

It could function by turning the dead mechs into "drones"

It could be plausible that nano bots have been released, converting fallen machinery into drones

Posted Image

#32 wintersborn

wintersborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 02:37 PM

So the Devs are sticking with small matches and novelty items : (

I would love to see the game step it up to compete with other current games. Many more large maps, 16 and 32 player games, more game modes (TDM/Point Humping are old), more mechs, more weapons, more customizing the mechs and load out, more tactics than just The TOW side step, a team balance system etc.

The game is way to simplistic and gets old fast. I know its Beta but it is sad that Zombies and Holliday paint are what they are working on.

#33 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted December 29 2012 - 02:46 PM

View Postwintersborn, on December 29 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

So the Devs are sticking with small matches and novelty items : (

I would love to see the game step it up to compete with other current games. Many more large maps, 16 and 32 player games, more game modes (TDM/Point Humping are old), more mechs, more weapons, more customizing the mechs and load out, more tactics than just The TOW side step, a team balance system etc.

The game is way to simplistic and gets old fast. I know its Beta but it is sad that Zombies and Holliday paint are what they are working on.

It's also free, personally I like the simplistic combat, it keeps things competitive.

Posted Image

#34 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 02:47 PM

The servers can support larger player counts but the maps they have can not. At the moment the word on larger player counts is not intended. This can always change but the maps are what is needed for larger player counts. And it takes a really good amount of time to make a map.

#35 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 02:49 PM

The healing class is coming soon.

#36 wintersborn

wintersborn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yeah how many games have Zombies, its more than just played out  :(

Those of us that are in, shall we say in the "Tactical" business hate it and make fun of those that use it.

So the Devs think 2 vs 2 Missle mode is fun huh_ More players per map is more fun period unless you are talking about the small minority that play small teams competitively.

So it looks like the game will cater to the competitive minority, again very sad.

#37 Phaaze

Phaaze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • Location123 Mulburry St. Whoville Ontario Canada

Posted December 29 2012 - 03:21 PM

http://hawkenwiki.ne.../In_Development

Info on here was taken from system files already ingame but not implemented.

#38 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 29 2012 - 04:47 PM

Awesome, one of these threads. Been dieing to dump info somewhere, staring at unreleased/unannounced content all day is killing me.

If you don't want to know what's coming, don't read farther. Oh, and if you've seen some before, it's just cause I haven't been able to play since CB1 due to lack of computer access. Also not everything may end up in the game, this is just stuff that wasn't cleaned out from the files. All images are directly from the hawken game files.

Spoiler

If any content is from Alpha 2 let me know so I can pull it (yes I'm still holding to that NDA where I can), but all content is from open beta data files (clean install) and I checked every image and have not seen any of these from the alpha (I did actually not include an image to comply, wasn't terribly interesting anyway). Also mods feel free to moderate this to hell, I don't really mind.

Edited by Ashfire908, December 29 2012 - 05:15 PM.

Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

#39 Necro

Necro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted December 29 2012 - 04:54 PM

View PostAshfire908, on December 29 2012 - 04:47 PM, said:

Awesome, one of these threads. Been dieing to dump info somewhere, staring at unreleased/unannounced content all day is killing me.

If you don't want to know what's coming, don't read farther. Oh, and if you've seen some before, it's just cause I haven't been able to play since CB1 due to lack of computer access. Also not everything may end up in the game, this is just stuff that wasn't cleaned out from the files. All images are directly from the hawken game files.

Spoiler

If any content is from Alpha 2 let me know so I can pull it (yes I'm still holding to that NDA where I can), but all content is from open beta data files (clean install) and I checked every image and have not seen any of these from the alpha (I did actually not include an image to comply, wasn't terribly interesting anyway). Also mods feel free to moderate this to hell, I don't really mind.
Hey if it's allowed and you can get me the files i can open them in UDK

#40 Ashfire908

Ashfire908

The First Ninja

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted December 29 2012 - 04:57 PM

View PostNecro, on December 29 2012 - 04:54 PM, said:

Hey if it's allowed and you can get me the files i can open them in UDK
They don't open in UDK, I've already tried like 5 times. I believe they use some slightly custom format or something that prevents this, maybe related to that they use UE instead of UDK now. The files are all those .upk files in the Hawken program files folder though.

Edited by Ashfire908, December 29 2012 - 04:57 PM.

Developer of ScrimBot and the canceled Hawken leaderboards
Come join the Hawken IRC Channel and chat about Hawken: #hawkenscrim on irc.quakenet.net
Yes, I am a wizard - There is no cupcake conspiracy
[03:18:55 pm] <-- ^-^ (webchat@[ip removed]) has quit (Quit: Later All! Also pls ban Kindos7)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users