HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Open Beta Patch Notes: 1/3/13

Beta Game Patch News

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 07:30 PM

Better than nothing but I suppose its my own fault for getting hyped up on unconfirmed rumors.

I do hope that more content will arrive soon because Hawken has very nice core game mechanic, but it is very lacking in diversity/fluff.

#22 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 07:41 PM

Well any improvement is welcome, and I'm sure DM 10 max will be better, along with map cycling... though to be honest i didnt event notice the repeats, haha, and dont play DM that much!

... would have really liked to have seen something with matchmaking or a new map or mech/item....

#23 Amisto

Amisto

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • LocationRichmond, BC

Posted January 02 2013 - 08:42 PM

No new content_ =( Darn was hoping to spend a lot more time playing Hawken, but tired of same maps.

List of things I was hoping for in order.

Nerf of the Grenade launcher - either rate of fire, damage, or ability to detonate manually.
Fix the bug of the assault rifle being perfectly accurate making SMC inferior.
New maps.

#24 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted January 02 2013 - 08:46 PM

I hope your talking about the rev-gl and not the regular grenade launcher.

#25 SirCannonFodder

SirCannonFodder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationCairns, Australia

Posted January 02 2013 - 09:31 PM

I think Spy says it best.

The map rotation thing is good, but I was kind of hoping this patch would fix more than one thing that actually mattered. Oh well, I guess being able to see something pretty before putting actual money down to be allowed to temporarily use it is nice too.

Posted Image
Australian_ Like Hawken_ Then join the Drop Bears! Or actually maybe don't, since it's kind of dead.

#26 ReachH

ReachH

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 02 2013 - 09:43 PM

thank you for map cycle tweak.

Uptown, Origin, Uptown, Bazaar, Uptown, Uptown was getting a little boring.

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on October 23 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Development happens.

Posted Image

#27 PlanckZero

PlanckZero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted January 02 2013 - 09:51 PM

Oh whoa, don't rush in with too many changes at once now or people aren't going to be able to handle all this awesomeness.

Red ribbons on expired rentals AND previewing limited time holiday items_  Did someone order a second xmas_

#28 Rei

Rei

Hammertime!

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationMore like... HammeredTime

Posted January 02 2013 - 10:01 PM

Oop aww got too hype over what I read on the forums. Thanks for the update devs!
!HAMMERTIME
~「TWITTER」~「STREAM」~「STREAMING GUIDE」~ Sharpshooter is fair and balanced
Posted Image

#29 Coldbound

Coldbound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWinland

Posted January 02 2013 - 10:44 PM

Yup, got too hyped also. But seriously, you should fix emp, stunlock and matchmaking asap!
Thanks devs!
Posted Image

#30 NUCLEARSHARKHEAD

NUCLEARSHARKHEAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationIN THE HOUSE FOOL!

Posted January 03 2013 - 12:23 AM

Ah, map cycles are nice :  )

#31 ElRobo

ElRobo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 01:12 AM

The only way this wouldn't be a big let down would be if it was clarified to say uptown is now removed from map rotation. That map suuuuucks. I hope you guys aren't saving bug fixes (explosions nulling movement) for actual content patches, this patch looks mostly like it doesn't need to happen ...immediatly. At least compared to all the other stuff people are mentioning in here. Low hanging fruit patch_

#32 Juodvarnis

Juodvarnis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted January 03 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostElRobo, on January 03 2013 - 01:12 AM, said:

The only way this wouldn't be a big let down would be if it was clarified to say uptown is now removed from map rotation. That map suuuuucks. I hope you guys aren't saving bug fixes (explosions nulling movement) for actual content patches, this patch looks mostly like it doesn't need to happen ...immediatly. At least compared to all the other stuff people are mentioning in here. Low hanging fruit patch_
Uptown sucks_ GOD DAMNIT! I liked that map :mellow:
Posted Image
*sigh*

#33 Tempurara

Tempurara

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 01:48 AM

Thanks very much.
But I really want to know when will we have new map _

#34 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:24 AM

Where are the fixes to matchmaking that we were specifically promised_ Where are the desperately-needed balance changes_ You guys are really pushing it. You've been extremely slow in addressing the extant problems, and you're failing to communicate any concrete goals or strategies with the player base. No one has any idea what you're doing or why, and a handful of mechs are completely dominating every match.

#35 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:39 AM

View Postmaschas, on January 03 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Where are the fixes to matchmaking that we were specifically promised_ Where are the desperately-needed balance changes_ You guys are really pushing it. You've been extremely slow in addressing the extant problems, and you're failing to communicate any concrete goals or strategies with the player base. No one has any idea what you're doing or why, and a handful of mechs are completely dominating every match.

Matchmaking changes wouldn't need to be in a patch, they'd be server-side. Same could be said for balance changes. I'm not saying whether the changes will be made or not but they wouldn't necessarily be detailed in the notes of a patch.

Sometimes you don't announce changes like that with the specific intention of seeing whether anyone notices a difference or not. Or, it could just be that this is only a small patch with a bigger one on the way.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#36 flimsy

flimsy

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 02:42 AM

View PostFantus_Longhorn, on January 03 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

View Postmaschas, on January 03 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

Matchmaking changes wouldn't need to be in a patch, they'd be server-side. Same could be said for balance changes. I'm not saying whether the changes will be made or not but they wouldn't necessarily be detailed in the notes of a patch.

Sometimes you don't announce changes like that with the specific intention of seeing whether anyone notices a difference or not. Or, it could just be that this is only a small patch with a bigger one on the way.

The possibilities are endless. That is of course until Adhesive actually tells us anything concrete.

#37 stallion

stallion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted January 03 2013 - 03:14 AM

well, map rotation in missile assault is cool, except we need more maps ^_^

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

Posted Image

#38 Linxix

Linxix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 03:53 AM

How about getting those advanced video options back_ the game once upon a time looked fantastic on my rig and now i wont even play anymore it just looks so bad without them.

#39 Zhas

Zhas

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted January 03 2013 - 03:58 AM

can't buy a Meteor Credits via PayPal-hellp

#40 cognos

cognos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationHamburg, Germany

Posted January 03 2013 - 04:00 AM

Map selection would be great. Or a possibility to open a server with a specific set of map which will rotate. I dont like to play Uptown and Origin anymore.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Game, Patch, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users