HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Point-D Vulcan, Sub Machine C, or Assault Rifle_

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Point-D Vulcan, Sub Machine C, or Assault Rifle_ (397 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer_

1. Point-D Vulcan (172 votes [43.32%])

Percentage of vote: 43.32%

2. Assault Rifle (145 votes [36.52%])

Percentage of vote: 36.52%

3. Sub Machine Cannon (80 votes [20.15%])

Percentage of vote: 20.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CaptainCiboulette

CaptainCiboulette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIn the Great Sailing

Posted January 12 2013 - 02:11 AM

Well which one of these Rapid Fire Tools do you use and prefer_

Hope this hasnt been posted yet....

#2 Coldbound

Coldbound

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationWinland

Posted January 12 2013 - 02:13 AM

There's been multiple threads on this topic already. :)
Posted Image

#3 CaptainCiboulette

CaptainCiboulette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationIn the Great Sailing

Posted January 12 2013 - 02:15 AM

I tried searching for them, but it didnt show any results,, my bad :(

#4 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted January 12 2013 - 02:19 AM

that's OK ... AR wins all the time
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#5 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 12 2013 - 04:42 AM

As it stands, the AR is too powerful (or the smc is under powered).

The vulcan is very good, but really only in DM mode.

#6 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • LocationGasland, Pa, USA

Posted January 12 2013 - 05:30 AM

Vulcan and SMC both have higher DPS than the AR if you're basically close enough to take splash from your own TOW. Other than that, there's no reason to have anything but an AR on your mech.

Posted Image
A tidal wave of marshalade...

#7 SirMilagres

SirMilagres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted January 12 2013 - 05:48 AM

I rather the AR like all of you but I seen some nasty mechs using submachine guns and getting a LOT of frags.
Best weapon on a zombie outbreak_ Mechs.

#8 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 12 2013 - 06:51 AM

View Postmarshalade, on January 12 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

Vulcan and SMC both have higher DPS than the AR if you're basically close enough to take splash from your own TOW. Other than that, there's no reason to have anything but an AR on your mech.

incorrect.. the smc has the least dps of the 3. It is something I hope they fix soon.

https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0

it isn't by much, but the AR accuracy and longer time to hit overheat makes it the clear winner.

#9 cpl_bradders

cpl_bradders

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted January 12 2013 - 08:26 AM

50m or closer - the Vulcan hands down. Any other situation, AR hands down. Imagine MA mode and you and all your buddies have boxed off the silos. They will be running towards the Vulcan

Operation of this mech binds you to the terms outlined in the Life/Death Policy Agreement, Section 2.

You are immediately liable for any and all damage incurred to this mech.

#10 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 12:03 PM

View PostAkrium, on January 12 2013 - 06:51 AM, said:

View Postmarshalade, on January 12 2013 - 05:30 AM, said:

incorrect.. the smc has the least dps of the 3. It is something I hope they fix soon.

https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0

it isn't by much, but the AR accuracy and longer time to hit overheat makes it the clear winner.

You're using outdated information, a fact which the creator of said information has acknowledged. Let me direct you to this thread.

Posted Image

#11 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 12:58 PM

I'll categorize them here.

SMC - Of the three, this one is the weakest. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it could be better. It has the lowest DPS and sliiiiightly too much spread to make it effective at longer ranges. The spread and fire-rate are actually quite similar to the vulcan but it doesn't have gain rotation before firing and is slightly weaker to compensate. A reliable weapon, does what it says on the box, but its nothing special. It should be the starter weapon on the CR-T in my opinion, but it does need a buff. I find overheating to be a problem with this weapon as well, even more so that the vulcan because of how long it takes to finish someone off.

AR - Objectively the strongest of the three, this weapon sports good dps and low spread making it great at any range. Possibly not as effective as the SMC in close range but not so much that its noticeable. At times is feels like a fully automatic sniper so it's a bit too accurate in my opinion. But, it's still not my preferred weapon.

Vulcan - This weapon has the shortest range, widest spread, and highest DPS. It also has a brief warm-up time before it can begin firing which I don't personally find annoying. It may not be as reliable as the AR but accept no substitutes when it comes to beehiving a mech from a few feet away. Technically this weapon has the highest heat-rate of the three but as long as you manage it this won't be an issue. This weapon is close-quarters only so if you prefer staying farther away from your target, stick with the AR for now. I honestly don't know if this weapon needs a nerf but is certainly doesn't need a buff. Used correctly, it's far stronger than the AR but again, no range to speak of.
Posted Image

#12 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted January 12 2013 - 02:27 PM

depends on mech and playstyle

#13 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted January 12 2013 - 06:27 PM

Right now the answer is too obvious: the Assault Rifle.

The AR is the only one with good accuracy and good DPS.
The SMC is a little colder for a little less DPS, but it has rubbish accuracy. The trade-off isn't worth it.
The OB Vulcan no longer rivals the AR; the high heat, low accuracy and spin-up kill the benefit of the now-small damage boost.
The Hawkins' damage is so abysmal that it's not even on the poll. Regrettable, really.

Suffice to say, when the choice is between a laser and various water sprinklers, you go with the laser.

It was fun while it lasted.

#14 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 12:11 AM

View PostSilk_Sk, on January 12 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

SMC - Of the three, this one is the weakest. I wouldn't say it's bad, but it could be better. It has the lowest DPS

View PostFenixStryk, on January 12 2013 - 06:27 PM, said:

The SMC is a little colder for a little less DPS

Look I'm not trying to point out the fact that everyone's wrong here but this information is incorrect. The SMC overheats WAY faster than the AR and arguably deals more DPS in close range. It doesn't make a difference, because AR blows everything else out of the water, but for the sake of giving out good information read back into the previous replies in the thread/know what you're talking about.

Posted Image

#15 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted January 13 2013 - 01:02 AM

View Postmarshalade, on January 13 2013 - 12:11 AM, said:

This information is incorrect. The SMC overheats WAY faster than the AR and arguably deals more DPS in close range.
Sorry mate. I was going off of old information gathered from a.) the official design perspective (the original purpose of the SMC was a colder, slightly less accurate alternative to the AR), and b.) AJK's now-proven-slightly-inaccurate tables. Regardless, as you have said, even with corrected info it's not enough to challenge the AR in any convincing manner.

That said, it seems harsh to claim users "don't know what they're talking about" due to a single mistake in the minutiae -- and I would not be surprised if in the future these weapons realign with my basic descriptions.

It will take a very careful hand to make more than one of these four automatics viable in competitive play. Thus far it's always been one automatic to rule them all... formerly the Vulcan, currently the AR.

It was fun while it lasted.

#16 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 13 2013 - 02:31 PM

I assumed they did the dps of these weapons in a way that no bullets were missing...

i assumed incorrectly.

#17 marshalade

marshalade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 946 posts

Posted January 13 2013 - 04:18 PM

View PostFenixStryk, on January 13 2013 - 01:02 AM, said:

That said, it seems harsh to claim users "don't know what they're talking about" due to a single mistake in the minutiae

To say that the AR deals more close-range DPS than the SMC is a mistake. Saying the SMC takes longer to overheat is not knowing what you're talking about. AR takes a full 2.8 seconds LONGER to overheat.

Edited by marshalade, January 13 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Posted Image

#18 nullface

nullface

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm starting to really like the Vulcan, it eats metal close up.

Posted Image
3570K @ 4.5GHz - P8Z77-I DLX/WD - 8GB HyperX LoVo 1866MHz - HD7950 - 840 PRO 256GB
Fred | Vulcan-Berserker | Slug-Reaper
SweetFX

#19 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted February 17 2013 - 01:46 AM

need new voting :)

#20 necroq

necroq

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted February 17 2013 - 03:29 AM

vulcan. but only for looks (fire) and sound. weapon is still garbage.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users