HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Point-D Vulcan, Sub Machine C, or Assault Rifle_

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Point-D Vulcan, Sub Machine C, or Assault Rifle_ (397 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer_

1. Point-D Vulcan (172 votes [43.32%])

Percentage of vote: 43.32%

2. Assault Rifle (145 votes [36.52%])

Percentage of vote: 36.52%

3. Sub Machine Cannon (80 votes [20.15%])

Percentage of vote: 20.15%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted August 24 2014 - 08:50 AM

With skill and aiming (surprise!), the SMC would fill in best in all aspects. There are few circumstances where any of the 3 weps will be used in mid to long range fighting, that's what your scoped and ranged primaries are for. TTK and jump'n'twitch has reduced the size and distance of the killing field in Hawken, otherwise I'd say use the AR/long, SMC/overall utility, Vulcan/rip-your-face-off CQC, flaks for gut busting.
The simplest evaluation is to compare stats across the board, on the weps specs flyout in your garage.
Discounting any variation less than 10%, the SMC is statistically the superior overall choice.
Your situation may require different loadouts for different mechs. SMC/sustained, flak/burst on Vanguard, RevGL/suppression, Vulcan-D/point-attack CQC for Grenadier. There is no one size fits all "universal" superior gun. Run what works for you. I will... :)

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#62 Likaon_2013

Likaon_2013

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationThe homeland of Polandball ;D

Posted August 24 2014 - 10:01 AM

Thank you for your opinion. I think i will buy vulcan :)

#63 Alvizzei

Alvizzei

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted October 22 2014 - 12:24 AM

please enlighten me why most pilot choose vulcan_ i can't seem to understand how a weapon w/ long fire animation & high heat charge be in favor over assault rifle_

is it because it's the "D" _ :D

Edited by Alvizzei, October 22 2014 - 12:25 AM.

#64 ticklemyiguana

ticklemyiguana

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,121 posts

Posted October 22 2014 - 03:51 PM

View PostAlvizzei, on October 22 2014 - 12:24 AM, said:

please enlighten me why most pilot choose vulcan_ i can't seem to understand how a weapon w/ long fire animation & high heat charge be in favor over assault rifle_

is it because it's the "D" _ :D

It depends on the map and playstyle. For instance, I run Vulcan on my Assault, but I only run assault in extremely team based matches (TPG, and TPG scrims/practice), and I only run it on Origin. This works very well because almost all MA engagements on Origin are close range, where the DPS on the vulcan is simply incredible. I don't use vulcan on any other mech, except occasionally to mess around in grenadier, where its tankiness/ability turns it into a 2 second mech shredder.

On the other end of the spectrum, I run AR on my berserker (mostly) because I only ever play berserker on Last Eco (and occasionally to mess around on other maps, but in that event I'm putting SMC on it), and last eco is a very open map, with a lot of potential for baiting opponents and then using the backward jump on the zerker to get out to long-mid range while keeping my opponent in the open and in the crosshairs.

Now, if I were to play either of those mechs on say, Uptown, Prosk, or Wreckage, I would almost always keep the SMC, because those maps contain a variety of common engagement distances, and my playstyle switches up for those maps.

This all being said, I am unlikely to be the best person to explain this, as I am not a fan of the berserker, and only rarely enjoy my assault.
Posted Image

#65 MechFighter5e3bf9

MechFighter5e3bf9

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted October 23 2014 - 04:18 AM

Alwase have used smc vanguard spe ialy. Cant beat bein able to pause firing those split seconds as you re aquire target
i don't mean any of it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users