HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Penalization for players excessively quitting

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Penalization for Players Excessively Quitting (250 member(s) have cast votes)

Penalize players for excessively quitting_

1. Yes (127 votes [50.80%])

Percentage of vote: 50.80%

2. No (123 votes [49.20%])

Percentage of vote: 49.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted August 16 2013 - 12:12 AM

Yes.  I'm sick of seeing people go:

"wow 100 ping, fuzzy bunny this server bye guys"
"this team sux"
"fuzzy bunny this game"

And then ditching just because they deem the game a lost cause.  But then again, I would rather not play with those people to begin with.  So I would rather not see them at all I suppose.

#142 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 16 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostChemicalX, on August 15 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

Why dont we take a lesson from League!
Because we are smart. :)

View Postchuiu, on August 16 2013 - 12:12 AM, said:

Yes.  I'm sick of seeing people go:

"wow 100 ping, fuzzy bunny this server bye guys"
"this team sux"
"fuzzy bunny this game"

And then ditching just because they deem the game a lost cause.  But then again, I would rather not play with those people to begin with.  So I would rather not see them at all I suppose.
And they are sick of something too. Maybe of losing, or the "stupid team", the Techball, the EOC, who knows ...
You have just given your answer to this threads question, when you said you would rather not play with them. How much fun would you have, if you were forced to play with them_
It is just a game. Its supposed to be fun. Real life is what matters. If it becomes the other way around ... maybe you wanna change something.

#143 Syndicate_X

Syndicate_X

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted August 16 2013 - 05:11 AM

I also voted for "no", because the game is still beta, matchmaking still not that perfect and what sense is there to endure a stomping game you just joined and its 6v3 and you are on the losing side and nobody changes team to balance it, or game client crashes (i had lots of these in the past 2 weeks, hawken client reacts really sensible to system stability..which is why i tend no to make stability tests of my system with that game instead of prime or gpu burn in tests..which run for hours where hawken crashed after minutes :o )..and there are lots of other reasons to not do this yet.

Only if you can count all that stuff out..and will you ever be able to do this_ ..i think not.

But i too understand some arguments for it, and been in games where your team suddenly gets reduced to half of the players, but in this case it would be upon all the players to balance it out again with switching teams..so there is allready a way for that, you just have to actualy DO it.

I actualy sit most of the games out anyway, because i'm curios what the playerbase is doing with situations like these. Which is why i've been in games where the teams just keep on stomping..and with an extra penalty you would actualy support this behaviour even more, cause then the stomped team not even has any chances for deliverance.

#144 MIGHTY_HERO

MIGHTY_HERO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted August 17 2013 - 08:30 PM

I don't think banning players from playing the game would bother someone that quits just because they are not winning or they are getting the fuzzy bunny kicked out of them. Take experience from them that will make players think before they quite. The type of person I am talking about doesn't quit three times in a day this person will quit three times an hour because he or she dose not not like what's happening in a game. These are the people that should be penalized. Not the person who tries to squeeze in a game between feeding or diaper changes. who are we to tell people they can only play when they are sure they won't mess up our games.

#145 ThroneOfThunder

ThroneOfThunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted August 18 2013 - 01:56 AM

I totally agree, it completely ruins the fun. The game would be super intense at one point, after someone leaves, it goes down to gutter and garbage..... But we have to people who are very sportive, leaving the match because it was a 4v5 or 3v4 or whatever. Though there are very small playerbase who are like that, but they deserve more than a penalty.
Posted Image

#146 ThroneOfThunder

ThroneOfThunder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationCloud 9

Posted August 18 2013 - 02:07 AM

I totally agree, it completely ruins the fun. The game would be super intense at one point, after someone leaves, it goes down to gutter and garbage..... But we have to people who are very sportive, leaving the match because it was a 4v5 or 3v4 or whatever. Though there are very small playerbase who are like that, but they deserve more than a penalty don't you think_

Edited by ThroneOfThunder, August 18 2013 - 02:07 AM.

Posted Image

#147 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 18 2013 - 03:51 AM

You mean people who refuse to play when the odds are against them_
I had sth like that yesterday. Was the first time when i wanted to kick someone.

#148 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 18 2013 - 10:21 AM

Posted Image

#149 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 19 2013 - 03:00 AM

I dont get it. 1:36 left, no kills. Doesnt look like unfair "play" to me. Rather like a not so well created screenshot to forcefully make a meme of it_

Edited by f_error, August 19 2013 - 03:06 AM.

#150 Atlasblue

Atlasblue

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted August 19 2013 - 06:31 AM

OH NOES my MMR :x

fuq em

#151 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted August 19 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostAtlasblue, on August 19 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

fuq em
That goes so well with your avatar!
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#152 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 19 2013 - 10:33 PM

View PostStarrphy, on August 19 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

View PostAtlasblue, on August 19 2013 - 06:31 AM, said:

fuq em
That goes so well with your avatar!
Yes.wav

#153 Mechdeth

Mechdeth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 03:27 AM

Instead of the Hefty ban I propose the following; Quitting any game gives you a -10% HC and EXP earning reduction (this is accumulative within 24 hours)

#154 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 20 2013 - 04:48 AM

Yeah thats a great idea. First they get a bad match, which provides them without fun. They might get a bad opinion about hawken that way. But ok, they give the game more chances, people are the same idiots everywhere, just try another server. And then they realize, in hawken you not only have to deal with all the "a__holes" playing that game, you also get the finger from the game itself_
I am sure that will REALLY make people wanna play hawken and spend money on it!!

(davek, see what i mean about NOT listening to what your "customers" want, if you wanna stay in businnes_ ;) )

Edited by f_error, August 20 2013 - 04:48 AM.

#155 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 09:24 AM

What is it with people and this whole "PUNISH THEM FOR [insert reason here]!!" and Hawken_  This is a Free To(2) Play game, which unlike a retail title, makes money by keeping people in the game.. Why is it that the "punish them" crowd rarely ever gets beyond the punishment demands and asks the hard question such as: "Why is it that there are enough people quitting while a game is in play that I see this as a problem_"

If a quit-tax is added (XP/HC cost/earning reduction), people WILL STILL QUIT.  If you temp ban people, they'll either LEAVE the game, maybe quit less, idle in servers when they've had enough, or just continue quitting.  Want to lock them out of the game while the match they left is still running_  I wonder how many accounts people will end up with... or just leave outright...

For Pick Up Games (PUG) there should a very minimal to no penalty for leaving.  If ADH starts slapping leave-punishments into this game they'd better add a max round time TO ALL game modes, they'd also need to remove the ability to join late in a game, might as well lock mech choice for the duration of the game and prohibit any and all team stacking/joining with a friend.. and that still would SOLVE NOTHING...

#156 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 21 2013 - 01:45 PM

More than punishing people for reasonably quitting games for a fair amount of times (during a session_) I'd preferently suggest to do not concede some kind of earning to these players systematically quitting games just before it ends. I think this case is relevant enough within the many possibilities you may find on this matter.

Additionally players getting in a match expecting to find some friend into it and leaving because that friend is no longer participating in there should not be punished, IMHO. Man or woman can think of a good number of fair cases in which players should not be penalized. I think the problem is all those many other cases in which a quitter may cause annoyances to the other players and/or to "exploit" the system somehow in some unfair way... Am I rambling_ -The_Silencer over. :)

Edit: I think one relevant factor in order to detect and counter such a bad habit would be to monitorize the amount of quits within a game session. _Just an idea though..

Edited by The_Silencer, August 21 2013 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#157 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 21 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostThe_Silencer, on August 21 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

More than punishing people for reasonably quitting games for a fair amount of times (during a session_) I'd preferently suggest to do not concede some kind of earning to these players systematically quitting games just before it ends.
Why_ They "worked" for it in form of gameplay. Why should they not be rewarded for that, just because they quit before the game ends_
Maybe i dont understand your suggestion correctly.

#158 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 21 2013 - 02:27 PM

View Postf_error, on August 21 2013 - 02:00 PM, said:

View PostThe_Silencer, on August 21 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

More than punishing people for reasonably quitting games for a fair amount of times (during a session_) I'd preferently suggest to do not concede some kind of earning to these players systematically quitting games just before it ends.
Why_ They "worked" for it in form of gameplay. Why should they not be rewarded for that, just because they quit before the game ends_
Maybe i dont understand your suggestion correctly.

No prob, dude. :)

First of all, I'd want to clarify or state that I'm mostly brainstorming in here. What you quoted above from my latest post comes from the perception I've been haing on that certain players use to quit the match just before it ends. I've seen this happening a considerable number of times during these last weeks..
What I was simply suggesting above was gifting to the players who complete a match rather than punishing players who quit before that match ends. Subsequently meaning that players quitting a match won't earn those extra benefits. Obviously, there're many other factors to be taken into account on this subject (as the many ones you guys have been pointing out into this thread).

I think it's just a matter of reinforcing the approach to the problem as well as to dissect the many possibilities or cases in between fair and unfair ones and revising ones, so bad habits, annoyances to other players as well as little inconsistences on how players are rewarded during and/or after a match, get positively minimished and better as we're moving forward. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#159 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 21 2013 - 04:47 PM

Yay. Now i understand. So i guess i'm on your side. :D
But isnt that already there in the form of HC for match time_ You want another extra bonus (xp, hc, ...) for staying the whole time in the game_
I'm afraid the problem with "is it a connection error_" works in both ways.

#160 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 21 2013 - 06:01 PM

Probably would not be so bad idea. As well as one little bonus earned by those who switch teams when these are occasionally unbalanced and those players switch to the team which isn't dominating the arena or the match. Just another idea though.. nom-nom. :D

Edited by The_Silencer, August 21 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users