HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Penalization for players excessively quitting

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

Poll: Penalization for Players Excessively Quitting (250 member(s) have cast votes)

Penalize players for excessively quitting_

1. Yes (127 votes [50.80%])

Percentage of vote: 50.80%

2. No (123 votes [49.20%])

Percentage of vote: 49.20%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted August 21 2013 - 09:52 PM

I take rage quitters as a compliment. ^_^

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#162 SeVeNXxX

SeVeNXxX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted August 22 2013 - 02:16 AM

if you quit 3 times in a hour your in-game name will go yellow,if you quit more than 3 times in a hour it will go red and will stay like that for at least a day.
So everybody will know you're a "Pro Quitter©"

Sometimes touching the ego of the people is enough.
Posted Image

C'mon,keep on spamming...

#163 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 22 2013 - 07:47 AM

Just as side note:

In the same way the system registers the number of pilot errors it also could sum up and display in the pilot's profile the number of disconnects or number of unfinished matches.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#164 gulshan666

gulshan666

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted August 22 2013 - 08:39 AM

Sometimes the game crashes with win32 shipping errors and sometimes you genuinely have to leave...
The crashing bug is really annoying and acts as if the person has quitted the game where as the person was scoring quite a good score....

#165 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted August 22 2013 - 11:36 AM

View PostSeVeNXxX, on August 22 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

if you quit 3 times in a hour your in-game name will go yellow,if you quit more than 3 times in a hour it will go red and will stay like that for at least a day.

I like that.  More long term abusers can get a star next to their name.  To show everyone how special they are.

#166 Guest_f_error_*

Guest_f_error_*
  • Guests

Posted August 22 2013 - 12:13 PM

How about giving them a badge and some honors for at least having an opinion, following through with it and having better things to do than playing a game when its no fun_
I dont remember any part in the license where i accepted "play nicely with others and follow their wishes". It IS a bonus in online games. And just because someone blows the score, swears at you, leaves the whole team to die and makes you lose the most important match of all your lifetime, he/she does not nec need to be a bigger or smaller a__hole than any of us.
I REALLY do understand how such things annoy you, but still. Use those situations as a chance to realize how valuable friends or just good playing buddies are. Dont take it for granted. Give them some credit for it, instead of sniffing the topscorers tail. Make people WANT to be the guy that does not quit. And not because of some stupid XP boost or any other ingame reward. You cannot punish or bribe someone to be a smaller a__hole anyway.

How about a hidden "karma list" where you can sort people you want to play with more often and those you dont want to see again_
We would just need a successful big game with lots of players on the servers and then ... oh well ... you are right.

#167 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostSeVeNXxX, on August 22 2013 - 02:16 AM, said:

I'd quit 3+ times just to turn my name yellow!  Kinda like the Xbox style achievements that are currently in Hawken but BETTER... wonder if you'd get MC for that. :P

EDIT: on a serious note, what if you are getting thrown into empty / near empty servers by the MM and are just leaving_  What if your connection is getting dropped_  What if your client is crashing_  This list can go on and I know that you can argue hypothetical points against the hypothetical scenarios I posted, but meh, whatever ragdolls your mech..

I still would be surprised if anything like this were put into Hawken, anything that would single people out..  I say this because the devs don't like and especially on these forums prohibit calling people out.. THEY would be calling out players who disconnected a given number of times in a given time frame and would at that point be no better (well, worse really) than anyone who names names and points fingers in these forums..which is where you're going with this... and I'd wonder how the gaming public not yet exposed to Hawken would perceive this...  might not generate the image ADH or Meteor want for this GAME.  This isn't playernames turning blue due to team damage... this is over people LEAVING in a FPS style game with UNLOCKED teams, non-time limited game modes (Siege...unless it has changed), and the ability to join games already in progress... which is still why I think punishment is the absolute wrong approach to getting people to actually STAY in a game that otherwise gives the player the ABILITY TO LEAVE/JOIN EASILY AT ANY TIME MID GAME BUILT INTO IT.  Maybe I should underline that... with blinking lights.... in pink...

Want to punish people for leaving... then Hawken itself needs to be changed... TEAMS need to be locked(no leaving, no switching sides), MM needs to be fixed and used as the primary means of getting into a server, mechs/weapons loadouts need to be locked for the duration of a game, a reasonable time limit (~15mins) needs to be enforced for ALL game modes and any points earned during a given game need to be forfeit if a player leaves for any reason.  Oh wait, that would mean that Hawken would need to be like MWO and WoT... want that_

Edited by NBShoot_me, August 26 2013 - 10:21 AM.

#168 Sadhana

Sadhana

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted October 24 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yes, let's penalize players for refusing to be part of yet another one-sided slaughter and mech XP farming frenzy by level 30 pilots. Sounds totally legit and fair, hm_

How about we stigmatize the Tech, which threatens and has persistently warped the meta, instead of making Hawken even more fuzzy bunny up_ Is that an alternative_ No_ Well, okay then.

Hawken: Being on the receiving end of a genocidal rampage is a good thing, no quitting allowed patch and hotfixes. Sounds legit.

#169 ScarletThirteen

ScarletThirteen

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted October 25 2013 - 03:11 PM

For those who complain about a punishing anti-quit system: Would it be more forgiving if it gave you an option to re-connect to a game, in the event of a system crash, disconnect, etc._ League of Legends had this and I'm quite thankful for it.
Leader of the non-existent Scarlet Squadron.
You can't treat a mech like a human being. A MECH NEEDS LOVE!
Raider-chan! Where have you been all my life!_  <3

#170 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted October 26 2013 - 07:32 AM

View PostSadhana, on October 24 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Yes, let's penalize players for refusing to be part of yet another one-sided slaughter and mech XP farming frenzy by level 30 pilots. Sounds totally legit and fair, hm_

This discussion took place before the massive team imbalances currently found in the game.

#171 ChubaMecha

ChubaMecha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationHangar 18

Posted October 26 2013 - 10:04 AM

this argument about people leaving is 2 sided and compromises are needed. i do see people leave all the time but it might be because of other reasons. i sometimes crash 3 times a day or more. how would the system know if im leaving or crashing. sometimes people need to do something unexpected and need to leave right away. as i see it, u want to punish players who leave early who think their team will lose and see no point in continuing or the match is very one sided and is not fun anymore. but this issue is on team balance and team switch (player moral). why would u want to play in a game or match that u cant even have fun_ i have played in matches where my team dominates and have been dominated. I DEAL WITH IT and don't leave because that is not the right thing to do. if im in the team that is doing very good, i try to put myself out there (lone wolf) and some what die (i dont shot but i do dodge). this gives the other team kills and hopefully i try to encourage them to stay and fight. if im on the losing team then i cant do much but say merci or even say "im really close to leaving"<-- done this a couple of times. it is up to the PLAYERS to do the right thing. i dont like to play in unbalanced matches but i hate leaving.
ps the lone wolf suicide thing that i do has also improved my dodging skills
and i could give 2 fuzzy bunnys about my kill/death ratio

Edited by ChubaMecha, October 26 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Posted Image

Can u spot all the Chubas_

:D

#172 Nue7ra1

Nue7ra1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 11:43 AM

View PostFussyBadger, on March 20 2013 - 06:10 AM, said:

Great points, Alastor. I prefer how Gears of War handled this problem. Rather than relying on negative reinforcement - i.e. punishing quitters with temp bans - they turned to positive reinforcement.

As players completed consecutive games without quitting, they received an XP bonus that grew with each passing game to a particular limit. So, after playing two games without quitting, you'd get +100 XP. After the third, +200 XP. Up to a max +1000 XP for each match played consecutively within a single play session.

That system didn't get rid of quitting altogether, but it went the right way about driving behaviors and minimizing forum rage.

This. This X100. I don't think I've quit any more than three times since I've started playing, but if a system like that were implemented, I'd never even consider quitting.

#173 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted October 26 2013 - 02:07 PM

I never rage quit. If stuff goes bad I will just go into "SNIPER" or "KAMIKAZE" mode for the heck of it. But if I randomly drop that only means my computer crashed or game crashed. And if I got anything to go do other then play(For instance homework,housework) I usually tell the server so they do not think I am a rage quitter. I do not want to be punished for these things. I would prefer if people got rewarded for staying in the match.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#174 Zipperumpazoo

Zipperumpazoo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 02 2014 - 04:56 AM

After the last mini patch I suffer serious lag spikes (it could me my internet provider though) so some matches for me every once in a while become literally unplayable, when that happens I usually excuse myself in chat and quit the game but in any other case that leaves the teammates in a disadvantageous situation so I agree with generally penalizing quitters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users