HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The Reaper Update: Patch Notes

Patch News Game

• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#41 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostScapes, on January 18 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

Bugs Squashed

• Fixed an Energy Unit (EU) collection bug where more than three players collecting EU would cause the player with the most EU to stop collecting.

This was a bug xD, I thought this was intentional lol.
Posted Image
                                                                                                 Gamester (n.) : One who plays games, especially a gambler.
                                                                                                                     BSB - http://bsb-gaming.com/

#42 Akaon

Akaon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:47 PM

So, we are to assume that the rocketeer is fine as it's not getting any buffs_ (even a small nerf with the explosive knockback reduction)

#43 Ace4225

Ace4225

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationMission Control

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:48 PM

View PostSylhiri, on January 18 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Slightly decrease could mean like 5-10 damage loss, it's not going to be huge.

I HOPE it's not more than that.. Flak was one of the few weapons that didn't need adjusting..

I hope "knockback reduced" does in fact mean removed stunlock. Otherwise, I might have to give up on this game, and I REALLY don't want to do that.

Other than that, I like what I see! Can't wait to see the changes! Although, I'm also for smaller hot-fixes that come more often instead of putting so much load into one patch.

Posted Image
US East    -Brawler   -Berserker   -Scout   -Assault
---->[ =./\.= ]<----

#44 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:51 PM

I guess people can still chain EMP's together_ Guess that suggestion from one of the devs never made it through. What's going to be worse is people will start using EMP's MORE because "it already got nerfed". It'll happen >:0

Edited by Sylhiri, January 18 2013 - 01:52 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#45 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostAkaon, on January 18 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

So, we are to assume that the rocketeer is fine as it's not getting any buffs_ (even a small nerf with the explosive knockback reduction)

They've mentioned that they know about the Rocketeer's short comings. And the nerfs to explosive knockback and the hellfire may be slightly beneficial.
Posted Image

#46 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:57 PM

View PostSylhiri, on January 18 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

I guess people can still chain EMP's together_ Guess that suggestion from one of the devs never made it through. What's going to be worse is people will start using EMP's MORE because "it already got nerfed". It'll happen >:0

Yeah, but i've had a lot of times where an extra second would have given me a kill (when I'm the victim) I think its good right now. I'd rather have it tweaked than ran into the ground. If it still needs to be nerfed (It will) It can be adjusted down. Its bad to just ruin an item right off the bat.

Edited by PlagueDoctor, January 18 2013 - 02:03 PM.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#47 Ryuronin

Ryuronin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:58 PM

Very pleased with this patch notes. Hopefully this will prove to some of the doubters that they are indeed working and working hard to improve the game.

|CR-T Recruit "bOOBtUBE"|Sharpshooter "Ronin"|Rocketeer "Razgriz"|Reaper "DeathScythe"|Bruiser "Tank"|Brawler "ThunderThighs"|
Posted Image
http://www.team-omen.com/default.html

#48 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 18 2013 - 01:59 PM

View Post_Hex_, on January 18 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

My only complaint is this. It needed a projectile speed buff or a mine proximity buff. This does nothing imo. Unless it's a DRASTIC decrease in heat generation. :(

Well, it wasn't a "slightly". :)

View PostSylhiri, on January 18 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

I love you.

<3

View PostZeshi, on January 18 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Explosions- What does "knockback effect reduced" mean_ Does that mean no more stunlock, smaller stunlock, or actually fixed physics (when explosions hit you in the front they can currently fling you FORWARD).

EMP- Well, guess this is still going to be banned for competitive play. 5.5 sec duration and fixing the aoe are steps in the right direction. But 5.5 secs is still too long, it still goes through walls, its still piss easy to land, it still affects you the same whether you are directly hit or barely hit, and its still the best item by far.

Explosive weapon knockback should no longer "stunlock" a target. As for EMPs, the area-of-effect is intended to penetrate walls.

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on January 18 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I wish the Crushing kills would be renamed Goomba kills but I think there is a Copyright issue there. We as the community will still call them goomba stomps.

So will the Boosts properly stack now_

Goomba stomps is kinda awesome. I prefer DFA myself. The boost stacking issue is slated be resolved in a future patch. Sorry about that!

View PostRedVan, on January 18 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

So, can we get a mario skin for the mechs_  Because I'm gonna be squishing all dem other mechs like little mushrooms.

There's that whole copyright thing...

View Postz121231211, on January 18 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Posted Image

100 internets for catching that reference.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#49 Akaon

Akaon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:02 PM

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 18 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostAkaon, on January 18 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

They've mentioned that they know about the Rocketeer's short comings. And the nerfs to explosive knockback and the hellfire may be slightly beneficial.
Beneficial how_ Just curious... Other than not knocking yourself around when one of your hellfires hits the wall right next to you. :P

#50 PlagueDoctor

PlagueDoctor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:05 PM

Also, for those of you worrying that each change wont be enough, Its terrible to change too many things at once. In a way its a science. You don't want to change many variables at once or you won't know what the actual solution was.

E: rocketeer is good, but its hard to see that in pub play because in most cases people just play A classes and rush to the front line to get kills.

Edited by PlagueDoctor, January 18 2013 - 02:06 PM.

I think it is 1000's of money. IT IS 1000,s OF MONEY!!!.

#51 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:06 PM

View Posttechno_destructo, on January 18 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Now about those alpha/beta/vanguard skins, repair bot and thrusters... Eagerly awaiting when all mechs can use them. Cheers!

Being produced but still requires a global inventory system (also being produced).

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 18 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

First time I encountered it, me too.

View PostAce4225, on January 18 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

I hope "knockback reduced" does in fact mean removed stunlock.

That is the goal!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#52 _Hex_

_Hex_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostScapes, on January 18 2013 - 01:59 PM, said:

View Post_Hex_, on January 18 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

My only complaint is this. It needed a projectile speed buff or a mine proximity buff. This does nothing imo. Unless it's a DRASTIC decrease in heat generation. :(

Well, it wasn't a "slightly". :)

By the way, will the SS mech pack a slightly larger punch than the Reaper_

View PostLeonhardt, on April 30 2013 - 04:00 AM, said:

alt+F4 fixes this. Reinstall and as soon as you see it quickly hit alt+F4. If the game crashes restart and try again until its fixed.

#53 techno_destructo

techno_destructo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostScapes, on January 18 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

View Posttechno_destructo, on January 18 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Now about those alpha/beta/vanguard skins, repair bot and thrusters... Eagerly awaiting when all mechs can use them. Cheers!

Being produced but still requires a global inventory system (also being produced).

Thanks for the quick response! Also, kudos for giving a little bit more info on what you've got planned for the inventory system.
Delete Yourself.

#54 FenixStryk

FenixStryk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • LocationUS-East

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:16 PM

In the future, we would greatly appreciate numbers when referring to weapon value changes. "Reduced Flak damage" isn't as useful as "Reduced damage of each Flak pellet from 14 to 13".

Also:
No changes to the Hellfire_
No changes to countermeasure pricing_
No changes to Assault Mech pricing_
No changes to Rookie Internal duration_

It was fun while it lasted.

#55 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:17 PM

View PostCpt_Kill_Jack, on January 18 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

I wish the Crushing kills would be renamed Goomba kills but I think there is a Copyright issue there. We as the community will still call them goomba stomps.

So will the Boosts properly stack now_

Goomba stomps is kinda awesome. I prefer DFA myself. The boost stacking issue is slated be resolved in a future patch. Sorry about that!

Thank you just wanted to get a confirmation it was still not working before activating my 3d at the same time as the 7d thats going now.

#56 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:20 PM

Thank you Devs. Love the time alive bonus, the crushing attack, and the tweaks to weapons. No doubt will also revisit the SS and check out the reaper.... sweeeeet!

#57 Azrael39

Azrael39

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:20 PM

Very happy I have a release day on the Reaper mech.
And my SS gets a prestige weapon.  And a buff lol.
Nerf to Scout, and Brawler with the Flak Cannon.
AR gets nerfed finally.  maybe we'll see some more submachine guns
EMP nerfed, to 5 secs, would rather 3 seconds
Reduction on stunlock.
Grenadier needs to generate more heat 22 secs of constant grenade fire is ridiculous.
Time alive xp bonus is awesome cause I play pretty defensively.
Ok, im stoked for next week.

Edited by Azrael39, January 18 2013 - 02:22 PM.

Sharpshooter lvl 25, Berserker lvl 25, Scout lvl 25, Bruiser lvl 25, CRT lvl 25, Brawler lvl 25, Infiltrator lvl 25, Reaper lvl 25, Rocketeer lvl 25, Raider lvl 25, Technician lvl 25, Grenadier lvl 25, Assault lvl 25

Good luck and have fun see you on the Battlefields!

#58 Zeshi

Zeshi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostZeshi, on January 18 2013 - 12:06 PM, said:

Explosions- What does "knockback effect reduced" mean_ Does that mean no more stunlock, smaller stunlock, or actually fixed physics (when explosions hit you in the front they can currently fling you FORWARD).

EMP- Well, guess this is still going to be banned for competitive play. 5.5 sec duration and fixing the aoe are steps in the right direction. But 5.5 secs is still too long, it still goes through walls, its still piss easy to land, it still affects you the same whether you are directly hit or barely hit, and its still the best item by far.

Explosive weapon knockback should no longer "stunlock" a target. As for EMPs, the area-of-effect is intended to penetrate walls.

Thank you for the reply.

Thats great news on the stunlock :).

However, it disturbs me that adhesive dosen't think the emp is still going to be a problem (with statements like its meant to go through walls, how can i feel otherwise_).

Btw, something i left out of my original post on emp, chain emping is still possible. Making it have diminishing returns when a person is emped multiple times in a short time frame (say a minute) would go a long way towards balancing it.

Edit- i should probably clarify since i think im sounding very negative in these posts, I do feel this patch overall is going to help balance so thank you for that.

Edited by Zeshi, January 18 2013 - 02:26 PM.

Posted Image

#59 G4M5T3R

G4M5T3R

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostScapes, on January 18 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostG4M5T3R, on January 18 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

First time I encountered it, me too.

Now that I think about it, this probably shouldn't have been removed. Although a bug, it could have been fixed to stay intentionally. The way I look at it is now we're back to rushing EU with no reason to force engagements before either ship is launched. Allowing only 3(or so) players to collect at either EU tower makes harassing the enemies EU tower a part of the strategy.

I'd go on but this isn't particularly the place for this discussion xD
Posted Image

#60 kinc2000

kinc2000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted January 18 2013 - 02:26 PM

Still no uses for assist (Major fail), assist is still like stun donkeys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Patch, News, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users