HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is the EOC Beyond Saving_

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: The Biggest Change the EOC Needs Is_ (13 member(s) have cast votes)

After talking about, reading about, descussing and playing the EOC what changes do you think needs to be made_

1. Better Mines Function (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. Faster Projectile Speed (4 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

3. Other (Have been decussed below) (2 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

If other

1. EOC fire the pucks in quicker succession, without an increase to puck travel speed. (5 votes [50.00%])

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Air burst (3 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

3. none of the "others" (2 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Wasabi_Wei

Wasabi_Wei

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationMadison, Wisconsin, USA, Earth

Posted February 10 2013 - 06:44 PM

I used the EOC on my Infiltrator tonight and I enjoyed it very much. It was a mixed match, some good players, some new, but I placed #2 on the winning team first night out after a couple matches to get used to it. I see that it is no dueling weapon, but it can really dish out the damage! I agree the Heat is better, but I feel that the EOC is more fun to use as the novelty is great. I hit a couple snipers with it from a distance and boy-howdy did they hit the deck to get out of sight fast! That or they died to volley #2, ehehe.

I agree with the folks that it needs a fix to the mine detonation (lack thereof actually), but used as a direct-fire weapon it is great. I have always done better with projectile rather than hitscan due to using the Spinfusor so much, so follow with caution folks, but I give it a thumbs-up and plan to keep using it. I also over-value odd weapons for giggles. I'm not saying it is the most effective choice in my arsenal, just a new favorite.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world. - Grateful Dead lyric, but really true.

Just Saying: "If an officer of the law expects to be treated as such, then they had better act as one and uphold our laws and Rights in the pursuit of Justice."

#62 Un3thical

Un3thical

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • Locationcomputer

Posted February 10 2013 - 07:58 PM

I think the only thing that needs to happen for the eoc repeater is when you shoot the pucks on the ground when a mech walks or boosts over it they should blow up. ONLY THING .

#63 LongForeignMan

LongForeignMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted February 19 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostUn3thical, on February 10 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

I think the only thing that needs to happen for the eoc repeater is when you shoot the pucks on the ground when a mech walks or boosts over it they should blow up. ONLY THING .

agreed.

After a few hours of EOC play, I'm starting to take a shine to the EOC. Had a neat duel with AIMS and some other skilled EOC pilots that got me motivated to practice.

For me the most important thing is having some cover to hump. This helps predict where my opponent will pop out and lets me try to bait him into a salvo.

I am also starting to get a feel for the lead and travel time accomodations, so now hitting people in the air seems easier than with the HEAT. Really satisfying to slap someone with all 6 pucks while they hover or boost away.

If I get caught out in the open against another class A I do have lots of trouble, so I try to stay sneaky. Walk into fights so people don't see you on radar, then rap e them with your alpha strike (get a detonator).

I never ever give any thought to the pucks detonating on surfaces, because 5 seconds delay is just too long to be useful. Having them detonate when walked on might be a little OP though...

Maybe the idea the devs are going for with the pucks is area denial_
How about this; The pucks behave the same effect on direct impact. However instead of them being explosive and sticking/detonating on surfaces, make them burn or radiate something that damages over time. That way you get the area denial, with more utility_

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users