HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

State of Triplewide support (NV Surround / AMD Eyefinity)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#41 Rains

Rains

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just wanted to chime in here -

Rocking 3x 23" screens, gaming resolution (with bezel compensation) is 6448x1152. Powered by 3x Radeon 6970s :)

I would love to see Eyefinity/ Multimonitor support, and will be watching this thread for updates. A game like this would be quite enjoyable with a wider FOV.

Cheers!

- R

#42 dkalin72

dkalin72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted May 12 2013 - 03:13 PM

Please get the high resolution issues worked out.  I finally built my dream gaming rig, yet am unable to push it to its full potential. I have 3x 24" monitors on 2x evga GeForce gtx 660ti's.  Your game carries the Nvidia badge on it, you promote the PhysX, so why is it the larger resolutions are not working right yet.._ You just hit us with the facility patch. Please have the FOV fixed with the next patch. Please. Posted Image     Posted Image

Edited by dkalin72, May 12 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#43 Spiderz

Spiderz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationMarcoola Beach, QLD, AUS

Posted May 12 2013 - 05:03 PM

the bezel on those monitors is pretty big, then again the bezel on my benq XL2420T is just as horrid...

i'm building another rig atm i'm wondering what displays exist that have low bezel... it'd cost you 3k but if you got three 55" HDTVs that would be dope hahaha, oh dear... now i want to do that loool fuzzy bunny.

DAMN SON! WHERE'D YOU FIND THIS!_
i want keybinding that makes my mech play this tune with acouple twirling beacon lights.
click banner for clan info
Posted Image

#44 FreshlySquosen

FreshlySquosen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 13 2013 - 05:31 AM

I wont play this game until it supports multi-monitor setups either. I run 5 -24" monitors off of 1 ATI 7970.

#45 imnotarobot

imnotarobot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 16 2013 - 03:31 AM

as a recent adopter of eyefinity, i was really looking forward to playing Hawken in widescreen. unfortunatly it's broken and it's too bad because it could be amazing. iwould say that as it is now, with the HUD completly gone it's unplayable. my setup is nothing great, im lucky to get 30 to 40fps with a single hd6870 driving 3 asus vn247hp monitors. but it's so much better than when i had it setup with a single 27" that its tough to go back. i certainly dont think i have an advantage being that my fps is roughly half what it was on a single monitor. but if it is considered an advantage then there should be some sort of handicap, like less xp or something.  i'm not very good at this game, but i do enjoy playing it. i really hope the devs can fix it.

#46 CoolMan_GCHQ_

CoolMan_GCHQ_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted May 20 2013 - 04:19 PM

I have 3 42inch led tv's running with 3 way 680's. I also just got my occulas rift as well, but unfortunately still unplayable with either. I was so looking forward to hawken, but a bit disappointed that we still are waiting for fixes.
Please look into getting this sorted

#47 _JI_II_INI_

_JI_II_INI_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted June 03 2013 - 11:44 AM

i'd buy meteor credits along with a some perks for surround.

#48 Cabriomike

Cabriomike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted June 08 2013 - 02:51 PM

Playing hawken on a Asus HD6970 on triple 17" screens @ 3840x1024 resolution , every setting on max details

Posted Image

i must say  , i am verry pleased to play it this way
the only thing that could be changed is that the in cockpit hud should be zoomed out a bit more , cuz i cant see the map :rolleyes:

#49 dkalin72

dkalin72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted June 17 2013 - 01:21 PM

So I saw a photo posted by Nvidia which shows Hawken being played across 3 monitors in "portrait mode" and the resolution looked fine. Meaning you could see the entire HUD.  So I gave it a try at home and it does indeed work.  Currently playing in 3440x1920 resolution and once you adjust to the whole bezel thing it is quite nice. This resolution and setup works with all of my other games I play as well so for me it is a win-win situation. Hope this helps someone else. http://img856.images...6/4496/rscf.jpg

Edited by dkalin72, June 17 2013 - 01:24 PM.

#50 Dr01d

Dr01d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 06:55 AM

Played the alpha on a fairly outdated system and pretty much gave up on it knowing I was going to upgrade. Only just finished building my 3 monitor rig - running off a single gtx780 for now. Hawken was the first game I fired up - Noooo.

I know Rift support is a priority over multi-monitor (Hawken supporting rift out of the gate is huge for PR) but there is a growing number of these players waiting right now for multi-monitor support.

Having said that, I appreciate the time it would take to rework the HUD but a patch would be nice.

So if you need numbers to get this looked at sooner +1 for me.

#51 BigRob

BigRob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 02:33 PM

I will sign.  MWO supports it.... just sayin.

#52 MarcusBorilius

MarcusBorilius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 20 2013 - 04:05 PM

I load this game up about once a month seeing if it will play right and quickly uninstall it again. Sigh MWO could figure it out from the getgo but the gameplay is slow, I would rather play faster paced gameplay but I wont play it if its not showing right... Im one of the people that wont play if its not supported by widescreen setups..

#53 Fitzter

Fitzter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 22 2013 - 07:01 AM

This is probably easier said than done but... Why not make the hud customizable like other games where you can move the radar/ minimap around the screen. you still cant see all the interior but atleast it makes it playable till other better solutions come around.

#54 Cpt_Kill_Jack

Cpt_Kill_Jack

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts
  • LocationCastle Rock, CO

Posted June 22 2013 - 12:12 PM

View PostFitzter, on June 22 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

This is probably easier said than done but... Why not make the hud customizable like other games where you can move the radar/ minimap around the screen. you still cant see all the interior but atleast it makes it playable till other better solutions come around.

Because that in itself would take up a lot of programming time. Right now the offices priority is not even Oculus but the next patch that will have many bug fixes and probably new features. But the Oculus update should also help fix the widescreen issue because the Oculus is really just turning your head to view a much larger area which should help to fix some of the issues with the FOV and Clipping of hud.

#55 phed

phed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 722 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted June 22 2013 - 12:26 PM

at my office we just set up a system with 44 displays on 3 computers (2x18, 1x8).  wouldn't it be cool to play hawken across 18 displays_  

there should be some way to scale the hud and extend the game window across any resolution.

i've been planning an upgrade to my gaming setup for a single large display in landscape flanked by two displays in portrait mode, but with out some way to run custom resolutions in windowed mode, that will only be good for a few games.

#56 Cottonmouth

Cottonmouth

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted June 24 2013 - 07:18 PM

Found a fix for the lazy. Buy different monitors;

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Wandering Gun #XXX
PC Specs: 3930k @ 5ghz, RIVE, 2x CMGTX3, 3x EVGA 580 SC at 3240x1920, 1x Intel 510 120GB, 4x Force GT 120GB raid 10, 2x Raptor 600GB raid 0

#57 bacon_avenger

bacon_avenger

Defender of Pork Products

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts
  • LocationUsually hanging out in #spawn

Posted June 25 2013 - 06:37 PM

Random thought on this...

Seeing that it seems to work correctly with monitors in a portrait layout, I wonder if anyone has tried flipping the AspectRatioAxisConstraint setting from X to Y_

(I don't mean to necro threads, I'm just almost always running behind.  My apologies)

Posted ImageFollower of Wheaton's Law, #spawn camper, test dummy for science, and being one of "those guys" <3

Youtube: thebaconavenger - Twitch/Twitter: bacon_avenger

System specs: i5 2500k // Asus P8Z68-V // eVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti Superclocked // 16 GB 1600 DDR3
New to siege_  Give Bacon's Guide to Siege Mode a watch

#58 FlyingHighXXX

FlyingHighXXX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 27 2013 - 11:23 PM

Came in to check out Hawken as I got one of the Nvidia codes. The lack of proper widescreen support is the biggest factor I won't be playing this. Decent enough game but I can't stand not playing anything in normal resolutions anymore.

It's funny, people who make free to play games don't cater to people who probably spend the most money their gaming rigs. You'd think they would make sure to try and appeal to people who obviously have no problems dropping coin to enjoy their gaming.

#59 Theknightone

Theknightone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 28 2013 - 09:47 PM

There are those of us who have shelled out the cash already for a surround setup and it would be nice if we had the option to actually use the full extent of our investment. Was really disappointed about the FOV issues when I scaled up to 5760x1080. It really is unplayable. For a game that has Nvidia plastered all over it, I would have expected more. Please put the time and effort into this feature.

To all the whinging crybabies who think it will give us an unfair advantage - have a look at the other side of the fence. We put the time, effort and money into building a system capable of doing this. Wouldn't you want to be able to use it if you did the same_ If you can only manage 15 fps on a single CRT monitor - save your pennies like the rest of us did and invest in some decent monitors and a double gpu card (I run an Nvidia GTX590) - they are cheaper than springing for two high end cards.

#60 WuJJ

WuJJ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 29 2013 - 12:38 PM

Just tried today, not working.  The FOV is terrible.  I will wait until you fix the issue before I jump in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users