HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

State of Triplewide support (NV Surround / AMD Eyefinity)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#21 AMIMA

AMIMA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 17 2013 - 10:04 PM

View PostShatteredSteel, on March 06 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Time to incentivise, surround support in the next patch and I'll buy 4752 meteor credits.

I'll match that and then some.

#22 Dracoslayer16

Dracoslayer16

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted March 17 2013 - 11:26 PM

View Post[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!, on February 12 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

View PostSS396, on February 12 2013 - 01:03 AM, said:

Personally, I think you should not be able to get target data/info on a mech that is seen out of the peripheral of the HUD, but I guess thats how I think of things since I'm familiar with a HUD in aircraft (F-15E).

Even with a system like IHADSS which is used on the AH-64D longbow (aka helmet tracking system), its a 40° by 30° field of view.  So the pilot has to pivot his head to target any item and put that target inside of that narrow field of view to get data on it.

This video shows the gunner activating a lock on the heli (you will see it box the target)
http://www.youtube.c...D17fWYE8#t=265s

This has been one possible solution.  Some people are concerned about the advantage Triple Wide users would have.
I've been wondering this myself actually.  How is it that people who edit their game files to get significantly wider FOV that the game options allow be called anything other than cheating_  I've seen videos of people using it and they can actually see wide enough to look in 2 different directions while repairing at the same time.  This is clearly an advantage so why is it allowed in the first place_
Posted Image

#23 Gagzila

Gagzila

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationVIC, Australia

Posted March 18 2013 - 04:10 AM

I've had 3x24" monitors ready to play Hawken at 5760x1080 for quite a while now :P

Posted Image

Cheers,

Gagzila
Posted Image

#24 Garthandal

Garthandal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationPacific NW

Posted March 18 2013 - 06:40 AM

Could a 3rd person view be a solution_ I have often thought it would be nice to see my mech from an over the shoulder type of view. I know this may create other issues.
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3 MoBo, Corsair TX 750 Watt,  Crucial m4 64GB SSD, WD Caviar Black 1TB,  8 GB 1600mHz DDR3, GTX670 FTW, i5 2500k
I didn not build this computer to play Hello Kitty Island Adventure! (although that is a awesome game)

#25 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 18 2013 - 07:22 AM

View Post[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!, on February 11 2013 - 07:38 PM, said:

....Triplewide isn't exactly super popular...... this helps at least explain why this fix isn't coming nearly as quickly as anyone would hope....

My Bro stopped playing Hawken when he saw this bug, he only plays with three screens. While I appreciate not everyone has three monitors (I don't LOL) Thanks for the update on this issue, there are a lot of users on TripleWide who won't be playing Hawken because of this. I completely understand you have to Prioritise and it make logical sense to wait and only redo Cockpits once.

View Post[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!, on February 12 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Occulus Rift will require us to redo the cockpits as well.  This is the primary reason we don't want to redo the cockpits now.  We want to make sure we only have to redo them once.  Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

I am going to use that quote in my Signature. It speaks Volumes. Also I know somebody taking delivery of an Oculus Dev Kit. He plays Hawken and he will be getting it within a week I think. Very close.
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#26 Tomino_sama

Tomino_sama

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 18 2013 - 07:23 AM

View PostGarthandal, on March 18 2013 - 06:40 AM, said:

Could a 3rd person view be a solution_ I have often thought it would be nice to see my mech from an over the shoulder type of view. I know this may create other issues.

Those cam angles are DEV only. Spectate please HWK team!

I know you were talking about a 3rd person cam, but as an FPS i don't think it would suit Hawken. Just my opinion. For replays and Community Videos those angles are GOLD. alas we have no access.....
Posted Image

www.amegakure.co.uk

[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS! said:

Remember any time spent redoing things is time not spent adding new things.

#27 Whiskey123

Whiskey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted March 27 2013 - 11:42 PM

Keep up the comments gang regarding the desire of many mech pilots for Triple Screen 5760 x 1200 and 5760 x 1920 development of Hawken.    I'm glad to see more posts on the subject, and that is exactly what the Hawken development team needs to see here in order to generate more interest to do the work required.   I don't think any of us want any special advantage other than being able to see things more clearly, just to be able to render the game at our max display and GPU capabilities.     I believe tri-screen capable users will be a small but significant percentage of their most active user population, but more posts here will help them to understand the interest and to justify spending more time on this topic.  :ph34r:

#28 FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted March 29 2013 - 11:58 AM

I'm just new in triple screens gaming (1 day lol), a poor one with 2x19" and 1x22" (and yes it works with the apropriate software).
So i came in my favorite game, firstly curious about any possibility.
I tried the thing, experienced the issues but  I'm happy to see lot of interest about this from both players and dev team.

And then the question about occulus rift support come in...

Please make prior 3screens support before this commercial sh*t that, (in my opinion) can't fit the fast paced game that is Hawken.

ps: for single screen users, don't be afraid, a 30-45° more fov will not make a significant advantage.

#29 Nitruc360

Nitruc360

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 01 2013 - 08:55 AM

Please begin work on a fix for eyefinity. I know atleast 10 people who refuse to play this game just because It doesnt support multiple monitors. This is a huge problem for a game that is meant to be played on triple screens. No other game deserves triple screens more than a mech game. I MEAN COME ON! Were riding in a cockpit of a mech!

#30 Swolern

Swolern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted April 02 2013 - 03:33 PM

I will not play this game unless Surround vision is fixed!!!! This is ridiculous!!! It is 2013 all new releases have 5760x1080 support!!!!

#31 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted April 02 2013 - 06:06 PM

View PostSwolern, on April 02 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I will not play this game unless Surround vision is fixed!!!! This is ridiculous!!! It is 2013 all new releases have 5760x1080 support!!!!
Cool your buns!!!! Still beta!!!! Give it time!!!! We need more content instead of more multi-monitor support that only people with mucho $$$ can have!!!!
Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#32 Whiskey123

Whiskey123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted April 06 2013 - 01:02 AM

:ph34r: Don't worry single screen users... HAWKEN will continue to concentrate most of their time on more content for everyone.  
HAWKEN Devs also need to see more comments from users that want to play at 5760 X 1200 or 5760 X 1080 on triple screens.  
I suspect HAWKEN Devs have under estimated how many HAWKEN users can currently support triple screen resolutions.  

Keep telling them right here in this forum thread, and perhaps they will be able to allot more appropriate amounts of development time to this topic.  

#33 FRX23

FRX23

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted April 06 2013 - 02:05 AM

I'm actually use a PLP config (various resolutions) 1024-1680-1024. Too bad Nvidia and AMD dont support this kind of setup.
Anyway i tried Hawken with the utility SoftTH (discontinued) in dx9 mode and it works but got the same issues as surround or eyefinity users ie: vertical view reduced by 3.

Please give us info about the rework of cockpit both TH and Rift.
Hawken is presented in many conventions so it become even more popular if people could see it run in multiple screens.

#34 Tempelaar

Tempelaar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNederland

Posted April 08 2013 - 11:43 AM

The only thing that Hawken need to do is make a software assistence for eyefinity.
Hopefully they do this! Wy not__

Then the battle will really begin. ;)

#35 Drakatta

Drakatta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 15 2013 - 12:28 PM

Havent played yet.. but im about to drop in my first game.. I run 6040x1080 myself.  Ill see how it looks but i suspect after one drop ill have to wait till its fixed before i come back. Hopefully soon.   I play another mech game where it works quite well now.  Time will tell

#36 Fiftysixk

Fiftysixk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 17 2013 - 09:58 PM

Good to know that some of the devs in this game have their head on their shoulders. I find it infuriating that some game developers/companies couldn't give a rats ass about niche communities especially when it comes to wide screen gamers. So many gamers have been turned off by frustrating months of silence when support was teased or even outright sold as a feature, but never got to the point of actual full support or playability, leaving us to feel disenfranchised. Believe me, wide FOV used to be niche, but now that a decent eyefinity/surround setup costs a quarter of what it used to, the demand for support is about to explode, just wait until Oculus takes hold. An Immersive experience is what every gamer wants, price, performance and availability is no longer a hurdle for wide screen gaming, the only thing holding us back now is game support.

#37 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted April 18 2013 - 04:26 AM

View Post[HWK]SUPPPORT_ARE_TROOPS!, on February 12 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

View PostNeverm0re, on February 12 2013 - 10:53 AM, said:

Someone who has put a lot of money into a rig that is capable of running on max settings at 60 fps or more already has an advantage over someone who has to run with absolutely minimal settings and still only gets 15-20 fps, so there's that I suppose. It isn't like machine driven advantages don't already exist.

*This coming from the guy who has to play at 10-15 fps at best.*

This was my argument exactly, although there is a strong diminishing returns effect once you hit the 40fps mark.

As another player who plays with 10-15 fps most of the time I can say that yes there is a real advantage for players who have a higher frame rate, but that is not something that can be changed unless you want to place a restriction on what hardware can run the game. Playing on a computer that doesn't meet the gpu standards for the game is my own choice.

Being able to view more things at once on a triple wide setup could pose a problem to the competitive scene if that is a focus later on. If it is allowed then players will use it in tourney play. If it is not allowed, but is still something that can be used to gain an advantage then it will become a point of contention among players.

So from a pure economic perspective it raises the cost of being able to play at a competitive level if it does offer a real advantage and if that is the case the entry level for competitive play would be raised even higher. This could be a large or small negative effect, but considering that players already have to buy some relatively powerful machines to stay competitive this only increases the potential cost to a serious player.

So that would be my argument against any advantage from triple wide setups, but this does assume that there is a real and important advantage like a higher field of view.

EDIT: I wanted to clarify that the above is entirely based on the assumption that triple wide screen set ups would offer a significant and measurable advantage. If everyone were limited to the same maximum field of view then there would be no issue.

Edited by Leonhardt, April 18 2013 - 09:10 AM.

Posted Image

#38 Fiftysixk

Fiftysixk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 06:50 AM

The argument of advantage is an old one. Not that it doesn't hold any water mind you, but where do you draw the line_ All hardware gives its unique advantages. Gaming mice let you be faster and more accurate and usually combine multiple buttons for super quick ability activation. Spending obnoxious amounts of money on your computer can yield faster framerates, less loading times and overall smoother playing experience. Gaming headsets can give you the biggest advantage of all, you can practically hear people around corners and know where your enemies are before they even appear on your screen.

Some games draw the line at FOV, fair enough, as long as they accept that I wont be playing the game (I'm sure they will get over it, most companies could care less if a minority leave the game because they can't enjoy their game in widescreen). I just don't seem to agree that wider FOV provides THAT much more advantage than some of the other things that can affect advantage. I find it akin to playing on a 120hz monitor. Most people agree that you can play just as well on a 60hz monitor as you can on a 120hz monitor, but how many times have you heard "I'll never go back to a 60hz monitor", If you haven't, you need to check out many of the tech forums such as hardforum.com, overclock.net, tomshardware.com, etc etc.

So personally I know that if a game doesn't natively support wider FOV, or there isn't a fix that can be done to make it playable, I wont play it. I feel so boxed in and literally claustrophobic on a regular monitor. I have passed on many games, and I know I will have pass on many more until it becomes another accepted standard, kind of how 4:3 led to 16:10, led to 16:9, led to 21:9 and wider.

Not very smart for Devs to ignore an ever growing trend.

#39 Msm903

Msm903

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted April 18 2013 - 09:07 AM

While Widescreen gaming does give a wider fov and some may find it as an advantage, there are both positives and negatives. In many cases it can be information overload since anything in your peripherals tend to distract you. I myself love to game in triple wide/multi monitor configurations and I don't enjoy games without that option unless I am using a head mounted display. I would definitely love to see the option in the game. Every now and then I load it up to test for a fix. No luck so far.

#40 ROTOMON

ROTOMON

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:49 PM

This is the exact problem stopping me from playing. As soon as they get it fixed ill start playing. I have a decent rig and until i can take advantage of the money spent on it, i really don't have the desire to play. this coming from someone who paid for the game as soon as i was able to and tested before i could buy. so at this point im waiting on one of two things them to fix the issue or Occulous Rift to come out (though from my experience in the rift the cockpit looked fine through the headset why is it such an issue for the large resolution_)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users