HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Hawken Mech Fan Art

Art

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

#21 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:31 PM

New mech concept, a little later than I mentioned earlier but I have been busy working!

Hopefully I will get more time to work on this (:

Posted Image

#22 tman7919

tman7919

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationIn the garage with my Bruiser

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:32 PM

fuzzy bunny you for being awesome...
One little thing why don't you apply for Adhesive games as an art person/ designer_

Edited by tman7919, March 11 2013 - 02:33 PM.

Bruiser or Bust! (Why do I have a raider in this picture_)
Posted Image
My Youtube With Hawken Videos   Hawken Fan-fiction

#23 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:36 PM

Thankyou to all, your kind words are so encouraging (:
Posted Image

#24 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:39 PM

View Posttman7919, on March 11 2013 - 02:32 PM, said:

fuzzy bunny you for being awesome...
One little thing why don't you apply for Adhesive games as an art person/ designer_

Haha ;P Thankyou, really it means a lot.

Honestly I already have a good job that I'm happy with and the standards of Adhesive are way way high. I'm a few years away from being able to model/texture/bake like they can but practice makes perfect
Posted Image

#25 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 11 2013 - 02:42 PM

View PostSubdivision, on March 08 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

I love the packmule Modius! I really like how you've expanded the potential of the hawken universe making a mech that isn't combat orientated, brilliant concept. Very much looking forward to the next concept. And I'm glad to see another UK player around here too :D

Hey dude, hope this reaches you! You mentioned you were looking forward to my next concept, well I've added it here :)
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:1620]
Posted Image

#26 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 11 2013 - 03:09 PM

Before I go to bed, I wanted to add in what I will model into this mech next:

Mech Class Name: WASP
Scout/Harassment

Loadout:
(Controversial)
WEAPON 1 (ABILITY)

TG BURST RIFLE (Mounted on back of fuzzy bunny -pit in service bay) (TG - TARGET GUIDED)
- The TG BURST RIFLE is an unmanned and radar activated light machine gun loaded with hollow point 35mm tesla jacket shells giving both explosive AOE damage as well as purging enemy health at a rate dependent on successive contact shots
- Because using the rifle consumes a large amount of EU as well as increasing Radar signature, it can only be used sparingly (Beware using TG in tight skirmishes as overloading the Radar to seek targets consumes EU, giving less movement ability)
- The TG BURST RIFLE locks onto radar signatures in a 125 foot range with leading tracker for moving targets and intelligent aware systems to reduce missed shots.

PRIMARY

The lightweight and agile WASP comes equipped with:

BERKE 9 MAGNUM (Primary Standard)
- The BERKE 9 MAGNUM is a semi-automatic conversion pistol, built for accuracy and damage over range.
- This weapon can fire as fast as your trigger finger, and since it is spring-loaded, heat output is fairly low however accuracy greatly suffers  without adequate recoil compensation. A short reload period is required after emptying the 14 Shell chamber mounted in a drum fashioned out of an oil container and metal piping.

SECONDARY

ARCHUS K4
- The ARCHUS K4 is a rapid fire snub machine gun, rocking 2 barrels firing alternately and sharing heat output. (This means they only have one rate of heat penalty despite having 2 barrels. I picked 2 barrels because SMGs are fun when they spray everywhere, and having two doing that at the same time has gotta be fun yeah_)
- What makes the ARCHUS K4's special is it's ability to increase damage dependent on your heat signature. How far will you go for damage before you shut down your weapon systems_

I'm not great at balancing, and I don't mind a heated debate about my ideas so go for it (:

Just to clarify, I know that this post is talking about weapon suggestions and there are many other places for it, however I deemed it relevant since it is discussing further ideas for my next mech concept.

Peace,

Modius
Posted Image

#27 Subdivision

Subdivision

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted March 12 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostModius, on March 11 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

View PostSubdivision, on March 08 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

/snip

Hey dude, hope this reaches you! You mentioned you were looking forward to my next concept, well I've added it here :)

:o That's insane! I love it, your hard surface modelling skills are truly impressive. Do you do this for a job of some form_ How long does something like this take you_ I'm very bad at 3D modelling but your stuff makes me want to get better! ^_^

Your weapons sound pretty cool and unique. That's the first concept for a real pistol type weapon I've seen which is something I hadn't given too much thought as the game has no reloading. Overall they all seem to have a reasonably sensible level of balance to them, the TG Burst Rifle with its EU limitation and very short lock-on range, the magnum with its recoil and the Archus with its heat output. Sounds like another close range burst type weapons set which is of course very dominant in-game currently but very varied which is pretty cool. Very excited to see them modelled now.

Posted Image

#28 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 12 2013 - 02:11 AM

:D:D:D So glad you like it mate, thank-you for your kind words and encouragement. I work in the games industry yep I`m a character artist at Traveller's Tales hehe.

Your comments on the weapon ideas are really valid, I hope to model them soon and get a new concept up on here :) Typically I work on and off these models for a few days altogether, its about 4/5 hours modelling without restraints. If you ever need help with modelling, let me know :)
Posted Image

#29 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 12 2013 - 03:14 AM

After reading Subdivision's comment, I've been pondering whether or not to make this mech a combination of short-range and long-range by making the BERKE 9 MAGNUM a longer range rifle. It could inherit the properties of the SA HAWKINS with a higher ROF and higher HEAT value, so that it becomes useful at a multitude of ranged skirmishes. If I am to pursue the idea of a Wasp determining it's play style, I imagine that should be reflected by mobility and sting. That being said, I think this mech class becomes more of a guerilla type, stinging and retreating whilst letting the TG BURST RIFLE pick off any pursuing pilots. More thoughts to come while I work.
Posted Image

#30 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 12 2013 - 03:17 AM

Now I'm thinking this mech should spit out HE GRENADES in a forward facing arch. Maybe I'll save that for a heavy class :P
Posted Image

#31 TerranCmdr

TerranCmdr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted March 12 2013 - 01:35 PM

Amazing work again Modius.  Looks like it was pulled straight from the game.  I think they should use your model!
Awesome Sentium logo in my avatar by erathic

#32 Xtratega

Xtratega

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico

Posted March 12 2013 - 09:05 PM

View PostModius, on March 11 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

New mech concept, a little later than I mentioned earlier but I have been busy working!

Attachment waspy2.jpg
Posted Image

Want... So much want

That's a feely feel that you need to feel to understand how it feels, bro.

Twitter

#33 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 13 2013 - 12:33 AM

I would be absolutely honored if Adhesive ever looked upon any part of my designs as being worthy for consideration :)

View PostXtratega, on March 12 2013 - 09:05 PM, said:

View PostModius, on March 11 2013 - 02:31 PM, said:

Attachment waspy2.jpg
Posted Image

Want... So much want

I'll work my hardest to bring this to you faster Xtratega!
Posted Image

#34 SilentJacket

SilentJacket

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts
  • LocationInstallation 00b

Posted March 13 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostModius, on March 11 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

TG BURST RIFLE (Mounted on back of fuzzy bunny -pit in service bay) (TG - TARGET GUIDED)

bahahahahaha!

Posted Image

#35 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 13 2013 - 12:08 PM

View PostSilentJacket, on March 13 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

bahahahahaha!

ZOMG how sensitive is their filtering system!!! Hahahahaha
Posted Image

#36 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted March 13 2013 - 02:10 PM

Fantastic work!
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#37 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted March 13 2013 - 02:35 PM

View PostModius, on March 13 2013 - 12:08 PM, said:

View PostSilentJacket, on March 13 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

bahahahahaha!

ZOMG how sensitive is their filtering system!!! Hahahahaha
So fuzzy bunny-pit is censored but not cockpit_ Note to self, spell cockpit without hyphenation.

Edited by Conquistador, March 13 2013 - 02:36 PM.

Posted Image

#38 DER3Z

DER3Z

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted March 13 2013 - 04:03 PM

Amazing job sir =) Love it!

The sole survivor of BSB

Twitching channel

http://www.twitch.tv...eel_brotherhood

Star citizen

https://robertsspace...m/orgs/STARWIND

#39 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:31 AM

View PostDER3Z, on March 13 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

Amazing job sir =) Love it!

Thank-you kind sir (: I managed to doodle some of the weapons yesterday so hopefully this weekend I can integrate them into my model and get some renders done. I also want to take this concept further and get it into an environment, complete with back-story, pilot information and service records. Because Hawken gives me that level of inspiration, and all credit goes to Adhesive!
Posted Image

#40 Modius

Modius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted March 14 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hey everyone, quick WIP shots of what I think will be named "WASP". I have the weapons doodled somewhere but I want to really take my time on them and get them looking and fitting properly to this cutie-pie :P

In case you guys have trouble viewing the text, I've provided it here. Everything will eventually be put into what I hope will look like a genuine mech pilot handler manual, complete with schematics, maintenance schedules, power monitoring, calibration, safety as well as full performance limitations and specifications.

POINT FOCUS FLAT SCOPE

The PFFS attachment enables TG BURST RIFLE (not pictured) target
acquisition and tracking.

SPOTLIGHT UV BEAMS

Don’t underestimate the power of twin full beam UV rays. Not only greatfor night skirmishes, but useful for
blinding snipers and distracting distant targets with short flashes imitating small arms fire.

SKINNY SILHOUETTE

The WASP’s skinny frame enables not only more agility, but a smaller profile for small arms fire and heat guided weapons technology.

NON-SYMMETRICAL HULL

To counterbalance heavy weapons, fuel tanks can be placed either side simply using a certified machine mover and qualified technician. (This should not be the reliant method of balancing your frame)

ARM LOCK BAY

Side clearance substantially increased by placing arm lock bays closer to point. Weapons can be fully retracted for safety when boosting over long distances, as well as decreasing profile size for navigation and target dispersal.

Edited by Modius, March 14 2013 - 02:47 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Art

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users