HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

HUD disappears and weapon malfunction after respawn

Beta

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 MrDeadness

MrDeadness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted March 07 2013 - 09:20 AM

Summary:
After spawning for the second time, HUD (map and equipment) does not display. Mech screens are all statics.
User is unable to fire weapons, but can move around and use equipments.
The only known possible way to temporarily fix this is to press Esc and Resume game, although the possibility of the game resuming to normal decrease as the game progress.
HUD and map is visible in Esc screen but most of the time disappears when resumes.
All while the HUD disappears, game appears to lag but immediately becomes normal when back to HUD.

Steps to Reproduce:
After the first death in game, HUD disappears after launch.
Basically when user respawns.

Frequency:
The bug appears for me every time I respawn ever since I started playing Hawken.
The temporary fix works most of the times during first respawn, but tend to work less often later on.

Severity: 4-5
Although the game still works (sometimes), it is a really annoying bug and it totally ruins game play experience.

Additional Notes:
I'm not the only one to have this issue but for some reason it's not on the known issue list.
Hopefully it will be fixed soon for I see a lot of potential in Hawken that's why I'm still playing with this crippling bug.

System Specs:
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit
Intel® Core™ i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz
8GB DDR3 RAM at 1333MHz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M GPU (accelerating Intel HD Graphics 3000 swithcable)
Fiber-optic Broadband

#2 Takoera

Takoera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted March 07 2013 - 10:22 AM

its been here since the last patch. before this issue there was sumn wrong with the radar. enemy would be standing in front of you shooting and no red blip on the radar/minimap. they fixed that after 4 or 5 days. and there were alot of treads about that issue. yours is the only one i saw since the patch last Tuesday so....

lets hope they see your tread and take it seriously right away.

#3 robokongzilla

robokongzilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 10:34 AM

been having the same issue! so f*ckn annoying!! needs to be fixed A$AP!!!

#4 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted March 07 2013 - 10:39 AM

While it doesn't happen consistently on the second respawn like described here, pretty much the same thing has happened a lot to me. When spawning into the game about half the time the HUD will malfunction (no radar, no in-cockpit displays, weapons don't fire, but reticule does show up). The best way I heard someone describe it was that it was like being EMP'd. Also, how long it lasts appears to be completely random. Sometimes it's only a few seconds before everything sorts itself out, and other times it can be considerably longer. In one Siege game I was playing I respawned and I was still without indicators by the time I reached the AA, forcing me to hang back uselessly while a couple of my teammates were getting slaughtered trying to dislodge the other team. Just a little bit annoying.

Could this have something to do with the UI changes_ (like the radar indicator that shows who you're being hit by, for example) Whatever the cause, I hope it's able to be sorted out quickly.

#5 TESTAWH

TESTAWH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationMade in U.S.A.

Posted March 07 2013 - 11:19 AM

Permanent EMP effect and Missing HUD

Posted Image

[HWK]East
posted this on Mar 07 09:51

We are aware of an issue with the in game HUD that is affecting some players after respawning.  The effect is similar to that of an EMP burst, which will render the mech’s HUD useless and will disable weapon functionality; boost may also be impacted.   Some players have reported that pushing the Escape key twice (to bring up the scoreboard, options, and social features and then to dismiss them) may re-enable the mech, but it has not been proven to work every time.

If you are reporting the issue, you can help us identify the cause by providing the following information:
  • When does the issue occur_  For example, re spawning, initial spawn.

• Which Game Mode does it occur in_

• Does it occur using Server Browser and/or Quick Match_

• Which server region_

• Which server type (if using server browsers).  For example, Custom or Standard_

• Which maps_

• Which mech(s) are experiencing the issue_

• If it happens intermittently, approximate date and time (include time zone).
got this off from https://playhawken.z...and-Missing-HUD

#6 MrDeadness

MrDeadness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted March 07 2013 - 12:05 PM

View PostTESTAWH, on March 07 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Permanent EMP effect and Missing HUD

Posted Image

[HWK]East
posted this on Mar 07 09:51

We are aware of an issue with the in game HUD that is affecting some players after respawning.  The effect is similar to that of an EMP burst, which will render the mech’s HUD useless and will disable weapon functionality; boost may also be impacted.   Some players have reported that pushing the Escape key twice (to bring up the scoreboard, options, and social features and then to dismiss them) may re-enable the mech, but it has not been proven to work every time.

If you are reporting the issue, you can help us identify the cause by providing the following information:

• Which server region_

• Which server type (if using server browsers).  For example, Custom or Standard_

• Which maps_

got this off from https://playhawken.z...and-Missing-HUD

well, let's hope this gets fixed soon.
as for myself, i'm forced to play with extreme caution so i don't die and end up like a useless carrot when i respawn.

#7 robokongzilla

robokongzilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 12:27 PM

got a responce via twitter  @PlayHAWKEN  "We're definitely aware of the issue and are working to resolve it in an upcoming patch."

Edited by robokongzilla, March 07 2013 - 12:28 PM.

#8 MrDeadness

MrDeadness

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted March 07 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postrobokongzilla, on March 07 2013 - 12:27 PM, said:

got a responce via twitter  @PlayHAWKEN  "We're definitely aware of the issue and are working to resolve it in an upcoming patch."
praise the lord!~

#9 STALKERSK

STALKERSK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 06:33 PM

I have found out if you go to the menu and click through few tips, it will come back.

Edit:Also when I have no HUD there is pretty big framedrop.

Edited by STALKERSK, March 07 2013 - 06:35 PM.

#10 Moralidad

Moralidad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted March 07 2013 - 07:45 PM

• Only on respawns, never on initial spawning
  • Siege
  • Quick match as far as I know
  • Which server region_
  • US West
  • Standard
  • Which maps_
    Bazaar and Origins
    Raider, Grenadier, Rocketeer
  • All the time after dying

Posted Image

#11 nicodemuzzz

nicodemuzzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 07 2013 - 08:31 PM

me too always in the respawn but happens in team match and deathmatch in the server of usa i dont play in other server

#12 Ehcin

Ehcin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted March 08 2013 - 12:35 PM

Just had the same issue in Missile assault, though all other game modes seem to be fine.

I was playing my Rocketeer and entering/exiting Turret mode eventually got me my screen back (had to try up to 3 times), pressing esc/resume didn't do a thing. (Meaning I got permanently stuck in this 'mode' on my other mechs. Tried all the ones I had, only managed to escape the issue with my turret mode)
    Respawning after dying
    Missile Assault
    I've only played Quick Match
  • Which server region_
    US East and US West (I haven't landed on an EU server yet)
  • None_
  • Which maps_
    All of them (not the White one).
    Rocketeer, Scout, CR-T Recruit, SharpShooter
    Every time I die (... gmt+1)

Edited by Ehcin, March 08 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#13 THEDRIVEN

THEDRIVEN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted March 08 2013 - 02:46 PM

The exact same thing is happening to me.  It is very frustrating.  I love this game.  But it's not enjoyable this way at all.

#14 Hathwos

Hathwos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 02:01 PM

1st post 4 me .. yeay :-)

I triggered this behaviour in tutorial fight by Alt+Tab out of the game (accidental) in combat with a drone. Alt+Tab back to game everything was "frozen" (enemys, combat, missing hud, etc) except my movement. after doing it again (Tab out/in) all went back to normal, including (invisible) damage i've taken in "frozen time" from drone (i was nearly finished xD ) ...

#15 OreaperO

OreaperO

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted March 09 2013 - 10:17 PM

70% of player have this fuzzy bunny problem and they have done nothing to fix it game is unplayable for most player if somone spent money i would be so pissed going on 4 days and still no fix or explanation i have stop playing the game so glad i didn't spend money on it worse bug ever and horrible repair speed way to lose customers all i have to say i might give it another chance once fixed esc work 10% of the time but still who as time to sit and pres esc million time to try and play a game (patch sould have never came out without alittle testing.....) this is ONE of the many bugs with new patch worse update ever.....

#16 girafffe

girafffe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 10 2013 - 11:57 AM

I've been able to correct this by pressing 'esc' and then 'esc' again.

#17 DM30

DM30

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  • LocationCanada, Eh_

Posted March 11 2013 - 05:18 PM

After having this occur again in a MA game I just joined a moment ago (and was subsequently forced to leave because of this bug) I believe I just had a piece of insight that might prove to be useful for the Devs:

After looking closely at the way the reticule was being displayed on the screen (the only part of the HUD that was showing as usual), I realized that the crosshairs were constantly disappearing and re-forming themselves just like they do when the mech initially 'boots up', which makes me think this: Could the issue be that the display is somehow stuck in the startup animation_ It seems very likely to me when I consider the following things:

-The way the reticule behaves, which is just like how it is animated during mech startup, only it's stuck in an endless loop.
-The blacked out dashboard indicators, also consistent with when a mech first starts up.
-The HEAVY hit to framerate, which has consistently happened to me during the HUD's startup animation EVERY TIME I spawned before this patch.

If any devs are reading this, I highly recommend double-checking the HUD booting animation, because at the moment this seems, to me at least, to be the most likely cause.

Hope this is fixed soon.

#18 FIPOX

FIPOX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 11 2013 - 07:37 PM

i have the same problem..can't play..still waiting a solution

#19 Dedhed

Dedhed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • LocationFunkytown

Posted March 11 2013 - 10:31 PM

Same here. Since the patch I've only logged in 3 times. First two times I was playing Deathmatch and hitting esc or re-applying 1280x768 resolution (no other res application worked) would fix the issue. 3rd time, I was in Siege and absolutely nothing I did could bring my HUD or weapons back.

This was all using the server browser, every respawn (not initial spawn) in Siege mode and nearly every one in Deathmatch.

It happened across all maps in Deathmatch, but I only played the one map in Siege before exiting the game. Don't know the name of the map, but it's the one with a missile silo in the middle on a raised platform with jumpads all over the place and many height levels.

Server: standard U.S. East.
"One day I will leave this world and dream myself to reality" -- Chief Crazy Horse

"Do what thou Whilt shall be the whole of the Law. Love is the Law, Love under Will."--Aleister Crowley

#20 Taihus

Taihus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted March 15 2013 - 06:18 PM

Looks like a hotfix today fixed the problem!
"If the Fate Amenable To Change had been a human, at this point it would have looked down, put one hand over its eyes, and shaken its head."

-Excession, Iain M. Banks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users