HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

why not friendly fire_

Beta

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 vinsuKarma

vinsuKarma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 10:40 AM

Hi there, I´m not really a great fan of Mechs but Hawken rocks! battles are absolutely epic and inmersive but I think close combat sometimes gets too crazy and become in a massive  concentration of confusion and shooting effects, wiht friendly fire I think things could be more "paceful" instead a bunch of crazy people.

#2 Pure_Amazing

Pure_Amazing

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts
  • LocationNorth Yorkshire, UK

Posted March 14 2013 - 10:48 AM

I guess its because of pub games, when the private servers are brought in we should expect to have settings allowing us to turn it on.

Posted Image

Member Of Critical Assist

Member Of The EMP Show

View PostAregon, on May 19 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

And we all know that if Pure first dislikes anything nothing will change that.

#3 machmanx

machmanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 11:08 AM

I'm against this.  This game is about teamwork, and one of the many strategies of teamwork is everyone going together and attacking the enemy.  When the battles take place in narrow places or the shooting window is narrow, then the players tend to jump in front of the other unknowingly causing trouble to the mech behind especially when that mech shoots out a TOW or some explosive shot.  With friendly fire, BOTH mechs will take a lot of damage and the process will repeat.  <- Very annoying as is and the addition of friendly fire will be MORE annoying. :angry:

Making the game more realistic is one thing, but you have to consider how much trouble you are introducing into the game as well.

Me Built PC | Win 8 Pro | AMD Phenom II X4 B60 | Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 (314.22) | 8GB DDR3
DESKTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | LAPTOP CLEAN Nvidia Driver Install | PhysX Helpful Info

#4 ParryReDox

ParryReDox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • LocationBackup drive

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:12 PM

As I said in another FF thread, trolling is easy, though pushing someone out of my way would be nice.
Posted Image

#5 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:19 PM

the splash is too dam high

#6 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:21 PM

My teammates have a tendancy to walk straight into the path of my Hellfires, I'm sure they'd appriciate a mouthfull of rockets from their own teammate.

Get your hard on.

#7 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted March 14 2013 - 12:28 PM

Too many splash/explosive weapons in a game that a lot of the combat is set in tight spaces. The only way it could be implemented would be in a competitive scenario, and even then the nature of games would change radically or there'd be a lot of blue on blue deaths :P
Posted Image

#8 Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 04:55 PM

Having been  blown to hell by teammates who step into my stream of fire up close and personal like, I am all for friendly fire.

Let them have their butt load of hellfire. If my weapons can kill me they should kill the jerks on my own team.
Yes, I realize the jerks on my team will be able to range me with impunity.
It seems to work itself out mostly, in other games like World of Tanks.

They will learn quickly or rate badly and not be in my face any longer.

And I agree about the graphics, they are beautiful, but I have to turn them to minimum on a system where I can have them at maximum, so I do not suffer the brain equivalent of visual stun-lock.  When the shooting starts with graphics maxed, I stand there in a sea of fireworks for about three seconds, unable to see enemies, and then die.

I think friendly fire should be an option available by agreement of the players. I would love to be able to play with the graphics turned on, and what was said about friendly fire cooling the game down sounds like it might just make the difference.

Edited by Junkyard_Dog, March 14 2013 - 05:04 PM.

#9 Fluffy_Kittens

Fluffy_Kittens

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted March 14 2013 - 05:27 PM

i would like the idea of havign it toggelable in private servers.
i think a FF game should net a higher EXP/credit game by default as well,
to be honest, a FF game is sucessfull with a higher calibre of players.  obviously a team of diciplied fire conrtol will be more effective vs a team of shoot at anything that is moving, kind of thing.

but on the flip side, i feel the maps are way to small to have it work out, as all the maps are tiny, and very cluttery, so everyting just turns into a brawl.  there is no, or very little in place to condone any sort of tactial movement with fire teams and role support.  

open the maps up, make space, where movement and fire dicipline is a factor, and FF would not be much of a problem.

it does open up a can of worms and i suppose for the dev team, its unnecessary at this stage of development.
as the devs would have to staff a guy/team to design/maintain stuff like a reporting system, dicipline measures, banning /suspending accounts, etc.
because you know all the hot headed kids, DT alcholoics, medicated ragers, etc would start to TK anyone who disagrees with them, Trolling would be uncontrolable, vote kicking policing, etc.
all tying up resources and $$ at this stage is probably not the best use of their time...

Edited by Fluffy_Kittens, March 14 2013 - 05:33 PM.

#10 Farlmeister

Farlmeister

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 21 2013 - 01:25 PM

What about friendly fire modes i.e. two siege modes, one with and one without_ i.e. 'Siege' and 'Friendly Siege'.

Friendly fire would really on work for very organised teams ......the dynamics in the AA would be fascinating, currently in beginner, medium level games, a good team can dominate by packing the AA with players (not always, but it's one way), adding friendly fire would prevent this. It would also make the whole mode magnitudes more difficult. Definitely keep the current game modes, but maybe introduce a new one 'Friendly Siege'.

#11 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted March 21 2013 - 01:35 PM

Hardcore Mode.
'Nuff said.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#12 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted March 21 2013 - 01:48 PM

Not a bad idea to have one server with friendly fire on in the future. :)

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#13 irk

irk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted March 21 2013 - 04:15 PM

I can imagine FF in hardcore mode, but in a pub game... no thanks. Too many times do I fire a rocket only to have it blow up in my face because a teammate decided to block it.

#14 rally187

rally187

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted March 21 2013 - 05:10 PM

View Postirk, on March 21 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

I can imagine FF in hardcore mode, but in a pub game... no thanks. Too many times do I fire a rocket only to have it blow up in my face because a teammate decided to block it.

haha!! god that makes me so mad! especially when ur in the heat of battle with no health left and then boom u killed yourself

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users