HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Game Update: 4/18/13 at 2:00 PM PDT (GMT-7)

Game News Patch

• Please log in to reply
687 replies to this topic

#641 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted April 19 2013 - 01:46 PM

Bugged, ah I did not know this.  I logged into the game as normal and then went to training map. Is that off line.  Its always shown bullet marks before the patch as far as I recall.

Edited by JonnyRedHed, April 19 2013 - 01:47 PM.

[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#642 DasGrim

DasGrim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 01:51 PM

so... in other words if u play now u just waste all the achievements right.
good to know.

#643 pixl8er

pixl8er

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSomewhere over the rainbow.

Posted April 19 2013 - 02:16 PM

And you guys complain, and complain, be quiet and wait a day or two like I do, play mechwarrior or NFS. And there's this thing called a gaming console that hooks up to your tv try that. Can't wait for the patch to work guys. (multiple corrupted source files for me)

#644 deBoru

deBoru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted April 19 2013 - 02:28 PM

I got in and played a couple of (albeit laggy) rounds =] the Technician is officially my mech of choice! It is so well rounded and doesn't have even a single game breaking element (like so many people were worried about.) other than... that it broke the game ;D Oh the irony!

But all jokes aside; I really do love the new mech, you literally feel like every teammate suddenly gets more pumped the moment they notice you. Their movements actually become more efficient and confident like they know the odds have tilted a little more in their favor. It's actually a visible change in behavior that I can see through a game; I think that is something magical (Hawken... you made me have feels)! I don't even care if I don't get kills! I am actually higher on the leaderboard with the Tech than I am with anything else! Thank you dev team for all your hard work!

I also had a question for the devs (or other knowledgeable person on staff): If I apply points to the offensive tree will that make my healing torch work faster_ (this will probably be irrelevant when the new trees come out but it's nice to know)

Posted Image

The time is out of joint. O cursèd spite,That ever I was born to set it right!

CPU: Athlon II X4 @ 3.45GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX 550 Ti 1GB DirectCU @ 15% OC | RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz

#645 Eyes_Only

Eyes_Only

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostScapes, on April 17 2013 - 05:36 PM, said:

UPDATE 8: Good afternoon, pilots. Servers are accessible but you may experience difficulty logging in. We're continuing to work on stability issues. Expect more updates and service improvements as the day progresses.

Also, our Currency page will continue to be kept offline until the instability is resolved.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop scapes. And good luck with whatevers currently broken back-end!

I believe we as a community (sorry if you don't want to be included) should provide as much support for our developers as possible. It has to be stressful as a developer seeing your community freaking out about stuff not working while you are in the middle of trying to fix it. This is an open beta, and game breaking bugs are to be expected. The best thing we can do right now is have patience and let meteor and adhesive know that we love this game, and will stick with it regardless of how long we have to wait as long as they keep listening and caring about the community that plays it (like they have been doing) :)

Edited by Eyes_Only, April 19 2013 - 03:04 PM.

#646 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostDasGrim, on April 19 2013 - 01:51 PM, said:

so... in other words if u play now u just waste all the achievements right.
good to know.

No, HAWKEN Credits are accruing normally. Earning achievements now will not "waste" them.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#647 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:17 PM

Been playing for about an hour tonight. Can't begin to describe how much better the game feels to play, nice work! :)

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#648 Scapes

Scapes

Former Community Manager

• Alpha Users
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:21 PM

UPDATE 9: Servers are up. Enjoy the Technician Update!

We may schedule a planned, brief outage later tonight, details to come.
"Nothing reveals humanity so well as the games it plays."

#649 JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:26 PM

thanks.
[font=georgia,serif]-Jonny[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]"I heal. I am the Healer.  Come lay down thy broken chassis, and wash thyself in the beam of life"[/font]

#650 deBoru

deBoru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:26 PM

View PostScapes, on April 19 2013 - 03:21 PM, said:

Thanks for the update! Could I perhaps get an answer to my question_ Thank you!

View PostdeBoru, on April 19 2013 - 02:28 PM, said:

I also had a question for the devs (or other knowledgeable person on staff): If I apply points to the offensive tree will that make my healing torch work faster_ (this will probably be irrelevant when the new trees come out but it's nice to know)

Posted Image

CPU: Athlon II X4 @ 3.45GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX 550 Ti 1GB DirectCU @ 15% OC | RAM: 16GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz

#651 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:30 PM

Your lying. Stop lying. I stopped being able to sync mid match and can no longer log-in past syncing.
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#652 Msum

Msum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:37 PM

Syncing account is too slow, logging work, but stuck in "Syncing account".

#653 Zer0Heartz

Zer0Heartz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:38 PM

When I boot the game up and sign in it says the servers are down, even though the launcher/last reply says they are up___

#654 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:38 PM

He's not lying, the servers are up. If you're having problems still then log a support ticket.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#655 Zer0Heartz

Zer0Heartz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted April 19 2013 - 03:48 PM

View PostFantus_Longhorn, on April 19 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

He's not lying, the servers are up. If you're having problems still then log a support ticket.
I have. Now I'm just waiting for a reply... :( Reaaalllllyyyyyy want to try the technician!

#656 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted April 19 2013 - 04:06 PM

Now it crashes after I fail to sync.

#657 GantradiesDracos

GantradiesDracos

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 04:21 PM

ok, i was able to play for 1-2 hours, and for the LAST hour, ive been COMPLETELY unable to play. first, i was forced to restart the game, as whenever i joined a server, i got Mech sync errors with EVERYTHING. so, i restarted the game, and now i  am COMPLETELY unable to connect to the Meteor servers.

#658 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted April 19 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostGantradiesDracos, on April 19 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

ok, i was able to play for 1-2 hours, and for the LAST hour, ive been COMPLETELY unable to play. first, i was forced to restart the game, as whenever i joined a server, i got Mech sync errors with EVERYTHING. so, i restarted the game, and now i  am COMPLETELY unable to connect to the Meteor servers.

My same error.

#659 Saunders

Saunders

Game Designer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted April 19 2013 - 05:42 PM

Hi deBoru!

There is currently no way to increase the repair of the Helix's Construction (heal other people) mode other than by using the Technician's Amplification ability.  However, the repair done to yourself in Deconstruction mode (damage enemies / heal yourself mode) can be increased by increasing damage.  Deconstruction gives back Armor as a % of the damage done by the Helix, so stacks with anything that will let you do more damage to enemies (including the Redox-O2!).

Protip: If you're ever by yourself and need to repair, throw down a Blockade, Turret, or any other deployable device and use your Reconstruction on it.  You heal yourself while healing any friendly machine.  This also works with the Technician's Amplification ability and can be a very useful tactic while fighting one on one.

Hope you're enjoying the Technician so far!

~ [HWK]Saunders
David Saunders | Game Designer on HAWKEN @ Adhesive Games

#660 deBoru

deBoru

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationLayton, Utah

Posted April 19 2013 - 08:08 PM

View Post[HWK]Saunders, on April 19 2013 - 05:42 PM, said:

Hi deBoru!

There is currently no way to increase the repair of the Helix's Construction (heal other people) mode other than by using the Technician's Amplification ability.  However, the repair done to yourself in Deconstruction mode (damage enemies / heal yourself mode) can be increased by increasing damage.  Deconstruction gives back Armor as a % of the damage done by the Helix, so stacks with anything that will let you do more damage to enemies (including the Redox-O2!).

Protip: If you're ever by yourself and need to repair, throw down a Blockade, Turret, or any other deployable device and use your Reconstruction on it.  You heal yourself while healing any friendly machine.  This also works with the Technician's Amplification ability and can be a very useful tactic while fighting one on one.

Hope you're enjoying the Technician so far!

~ [HWK]Saunders

Thanks for the reply and if you read back a bit (post #644 in this thread), you'll see that I am absolutely in love with the Technician! I have enjoyed Hawken "sub-casually" since closed beta, but now I think I can really get addicted to it!

Also, people have started a new fad; Technician Appreciation: Use the default taunt to thank him/her!

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News, Patch

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users