HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

brawler or rocketeer.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 24 2013 - 04:20 AM

I cant think of a brawler beating anything that a rocketeer.  Can u brawlers point out why they are better than rocketeers_
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#2 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted April 24 2013 - 04:24 AM

You know how scouts are a really good mech_ Well the brawler is a more badass scout.

I havn't used my own Brawler for a while now but the Flak/TOW combination is absolutely lethal if you can aim and use cover well (including prediction), especially in combination with the health pool. There is nothing you should be more afraid of running into when you turn a corner than a good Brawler pilot.

#3 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 24 2013 - 04:28 AM

Well there are a few things as to why the Brawler is a better all around mech. But the general notion is that the Rocketeer is a support mech. It is meant to be played back farther and poke at the enemy thus weakening them for your team to go in and finish off. The Brawler is a fat scout that forgot how to run. He was designed with the idea in mind of being closer to the fight and not just be support. I've had good success with both mechs, but both play very differently.

#4 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 24 2013 - 04:39 AM

Can brawlers dominate games like the scout, raider, or berserker_
Posted Image

#5 Aptest

Aptest

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 04:44 AM

View Postangryhampster, on April 24 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

any mech can dominate a game if you play it to it's strengths and against your opponent's weaknesses.

That being said, each mech (and player) has several unfavorable matchups.

Edited by Aptest, April 24 2013 - 04:44 AM.

#6 Dreizehn

Dreizehn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted April 24 2013 - 04:44 AM

Brawler will likely lose though if you are spotted by the Rocketeer at mid-long range. Also EOCs can really wreck close range moves and limit your peekaboo options.

It's all about pressing your DPS and health advantage, granted against a Rocketeer there isn't much of a health advantage if any.

#7 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 24 2013 - 04:49 AM

In terms of group battle efficiency. I dont want to be a moving Weak f ortress.  Playing against brawlers made me think they are pathethically weak.  

Ive yet to see a brawler change the pace of the game. :(
Posted Image

#8 Akrium

Akrium

Mean Kitty

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted April 24 2013 - 04:56 AM

Before this last patch if a rocketeer and a brawler were to just fight each other heads up, the rocketeer would win hands down. The EOC + Hellfire combo was that nasty. But now the EOC is balanced better and the HFM have been adjusted again as well. With the buffs to the Brawler primary weapons, I think the edge would be back on the side of the Brawler with the current patch. Don't quote me on this though, as I've done no testing to prove this.

And a Brawler and Rocketeer can highly influence a game. The thing with C class mechs is this.. they take more skill to play than even an A class. A class is all about learning to dodge/peekaboo/when to run while the C class is all that but the ability to run away . So you have to pay attention to your position on the battlefield even more so than any other mech out there (excluding the new Tech). You cannot run away very easily. If you have not figured out how to time your shots right, playing in a C class can be brutal. And if you overextend you are dead with no option to flee.

#9 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:32 AM

Assuming equal skill brawler vs rocketeer at mid range in open rocketeer wins. With cover it's a tough call.

Cqc brawler wins hands down (it will pretty much slaughter anything except a raider in blitz mode).

Certian maps favour certain mechs. On Bazaar I don't usually take brawler unless I'm planning to hold ground but rocketeer works well. On origin the brawler will tear most teams to shreds but rocketeer can have issues with cover (although shooting from the bridge down is like shooting fish in a barrel).

In short: it depends...
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#10 Galaxy_TheLeo

Galaxy_TheLeo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:36 AM

oh i think its so cool :rolleyes: ~

#11 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:41 AM

View Postangryhampster, on April 24 2013 - 04:39 AM, said:

This is more of a mobility issue than anything else. Those 3 you mentioned are very fast hit and run mechs. The brawler is much slower and can't get across the map to nab assists and kills.

I've seen more brawlers at the top of the logs than rocketeers though.I also haven't seen many beserkers topping the logs either.

The other mech that often dominates is the SS. This is thanks to high burst damage of mid to long range and hitscan weapons.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#12 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:42 AM

I've had more luck with my Grenadier than with my Brawler since the patch came out...
Just FYI.
Tried to keep the AA on Origin (Siege), Brawler failed to do enough substantial damage to the enemy.
Switched to Heat Grenadier, and presto chango, gaining XP for assists and kills like i was handing out candy outside a school.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#13 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted April 24 2013 - 05:48 AM

I made a post about Brawler a while back, here it is.

Brawler strategy, in its' most basic form, boils down to one phrase: reach out and hug someone. You have THE explicitly dangerous close range weapon of the game, and you can do some serious damage if you are close enough to make real use of it, but then...

You don't have to worry about missing shots when most of your screen is being taken up by your enemy's soon-to-be scrap metal ass.
If you get up close, you are taking control of the situation, and you stop worrying about the fight, and they start worrying about the fight they started with the fatty that is right there in their face.

Guess what; your opponent sure as hell doesn't have nerves of steel in that situation, no matter what their skill level. They are going to make one of a couple decisions:

1) They panic and run the hell away leaving themselves open to your flak and tow shots.

2) They panic and try to run the hell away, but mess up because 850 health worth of angry is right there pulling off chunks of their armor with all the purpose of The Terminator pulling strips of metal off that car they thought they were safe in.

3) They try and shoot you, but since you are the one who got control of the situation and initiated the wonderful romance that is a mech-on-mech hug, they can't keep track of you, and are panicking as you circle strafe them. You know what's going on, you know where you and the enemy are, and all they know is that there is fat ass behind them that is tearing them a new one.

4) They try and shoot you, and in their panic fire off their explosives at short range. Good. You have more health than they do, and you'll be damned if they don't regret that Pilot Error gun as they wind up causing themselves more trouble bouncing their TOWs off your glorious metal beast. Even if you're up against another C class, if you are the initiator of this hug, you have the control. You started this, and you're sure as hell gonna finish it. This means they're starting off disoriented, and you got the first hits off on them.

You are the big fat metal bastard in the world of Hawken. If you are going to leverage that position you have as the fat mech, then you need to act the part. You are the biggest, scariest thing out there, and if you get up in the face of your enemies and let them know with the sweet sweet caress of super heated metal raking across their windshield, you can bet they're going to remember it.

You'll be the hardass with the nerves of steel, and they'll be the ones who are panicking and shooting wildly when they see you stomping down the battlefield at them.

You are a brawler. You take your throne at the top of the food chain and you show those mini mechs who the real badass is.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#14 Fantus_Longhorn

Fantus_Longhorn

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, UK

Posted April 24 2013 - 06:43 AM

View PostSaturnine, on April 24 2013 - 05:48 AM, said:

Liberally applied Sat-o-wallTM

This guy knows Brawlers, heed his words.

Note: Sat-o-wallTM should be applied in moderation, may cause death or Fuzzy Bunny from the Fuzzy Bunny.

Posted Image

Hawken EMP Youtube Channel ~ Watch Previous Episodes Here

And unto us a clan is born...

"May all our assists be critical and all our kills be stolen. Amen"

#15 FussyBadger

FussyBadger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted April 24 2013 - 06:51 AM

I'm determined to be successful with the Rocketeer. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that success looks the way that I want it to. As mentioned earlier, it really is a support mech. In the last patch, you could be pretty aggressive with the higher damage output from EOC & HF, but that's gone. I struggle to deal with an aggressive rush. I don't want to switch to seekers, since the EOC feels more challenging and rewarding, but I get the feeling that I'm trying to shove a square peg into a round hole when I get aggressive with the Rocketeer.

#16 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted April 24 2013 - 07:45 AM

i believe that it all depends on how the player uses said mech
just my opinion
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#17 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted April 24 2013 - 07:47 AM

I made a post about Brawler a while back, here it is.

Brawler strategy, in its' most basic form, boils down to one phrase: reach out and hug someone. You have THE explicitly dangerous close range weapon of the game, and you can do some serious damage if you are close enough to make real use of it, but then...

You don't have to worry about missing shots when most of your screen is being taken up by your enemy's soon-to-be scrap metal ass.
If you get up close, you are taking control of the situation, and you stop worrying about the fight, and they start worrying about the fight they started with the fatty that is right there in their face.

Guess what; your opponent sure as hell doesn't have nerves of steel in that situation, no matter what their skill level. They are going to make one of a couple decisions:

1) They panic and run the hell away leaving themselves open to your flak and tow shots.

2) They panic and try to run the hell away, but mess up because 850 health worth of angry is right there pulling off chunks of their armor with all the purpose of The Terminator pulling strips of metal off that car they thought they were safe in.

3) They try and shoot you, but since you are the one who got control of the situation and initiated the wonderful romance that is a mech-on-mech hug, they can't keep track of you, and are panicking as you circle strafe them. You know what's going on, you know where you and the enemy are, and all they know is that there is fat ass behind them that is tearing them a new one.

4) They try and shoot you, and in their panic fire off their explosives at short range. Good. You have more health than they do, and you'll be damned if they don't regret that Pilot Error gun as they wind up causing themselves more trouble bouncing their TOWs off your glorious metal beast. Even if you're up against another C class, if you are the initiator of this hug, you have the control. You started this, and you're sure as hell gonna finish it. This means they're starting off disoriented, and you got the first hits off on them.

You are the big fat metal bastard in the world of Hawken. If you are going to leverage that position you have as the fat mech, then you need to act the part. You are the biggest, scariest thing out there, and if you get up in the face of your enemies and let them know with the sweet sweet caress of super heated metal raking across their windshield, you can bet they're going to remember it.

You'll be the hardass with the nerves of steel, and they'll be the ones who are panicking and shooting wildly when they see you stomping down the battlefield at them.

You are a brawler. You take your throne at the top of the food chain and you show those mini mechs who the real badass is.
it is so beautiful....... *weep*
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#18 SeaOfInsanity

SeaOfInsanity

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted April 24 2013 - 08:00 AM

Brawler Poetry
It's so true *sniff*
Yea I use Rocket Turrets and I don't care who knows it

#19 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted April 24 2013 - 09:16 AM

Thanks for everytging.  Ive yet to see a brawler hold its grit in the 2k rating area.
Posted Image

#20 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted April 24 2013 - 09:36 AM

It's too bad that C-classes get melted down almost instantly by any group that knows what they're doing...
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users