HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Is Hawken Balanced_

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Is hawken currently a "mostly" balanced game_ (258 member(s) have cast votes)

Is hawken currently a "mostly" balanced game_

1. Yes (119 votes [46.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.12%

2. Voted No (139 votes [53.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.88%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Superkamikazee

Superkamikazee

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 01:24 PM

The game is sorta balanced, by that I mean once every mech on the field has the right internals and items things seem more balanced. I'm trying to use new mechs other than my Bruiser, since EVERYONE is using Bruisers now, and I am struggling. The grind is killing me, played a siege match for 37mins and got 372 HC....or just spend 720MC for that repair orb lol.

#62 Eliziel

Eliziel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 07:56 PM

Mech balance is excellent. Each mech fills it's role. If changes need to be made, they should be tiny, in the 1% and smaller range.

#63 Simp

Simp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted April 03 2014 - 09:34 PM

Can anyone here name one balanced f2p game_
Peek-a-BOOM

#64 MarNoahCus

MarNoahCus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted April 04 2014 - 10:14 AM

I still need to do one siege mode that feels balanced... Games usually feels like one side is pwning the other bad... Balanced_ Nah... but still awesome!! I get owned hard in PvP as i am not used to PvP at all... i avoided it in most games i played so far and in all MMO's i played i never did PvP. This game focusing on PvP has some really skilled people in it. And i feel like... well... cannonfodder. But every now and then i get a kill and i feel i am learning and improving. Skill is one thing but having played My Fred to Rank 5 and finding it very usefull despite its obvious ugliness i now play the rocketeer at rank 4 and find it a lot harder... not less fun but harder. So i would not say it is balanced. Mechs are lightyears apart. Some maps favour your or the enemy team just by design...

Gah might be hard to read this post, but was in a hurry making dinner.... Yeah Yeah... Hawken on my mind... ALL THE TIME... :wacko:
"And shepherds we shall be, For Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee. And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti." (The Boondock Saints)

Posted Image

#65 delax

delax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationVicinity of a Computer

Posted April 05 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostSimp, on April 03 2014 - 09:34 PM, said:

Can anyone here name one balanced f2p game_

Team Fortress 2_

I quite like TF2's balance, the classes all have important pluses and minuses in power, health, mobility, skill required, synergy, etc.
Even with the various extra weapons, they are more niche than the standards; a mini-sentry may seem hell on earth for a bit, but it simply can't do the same damage as its rocket-launching big brother.

I kinda think of balance as the ability to go "Huh, I'm stuck here, let's try doing this a different way."

#66 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted April 05 2014 - 05:45 PM

Woa this thread is nearly a year old. And recently we're still getting the same opinion we've given over a year ago.

"Its getting better."
"We're almost there."
"its the best we've had but still needs work."

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users