HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#21 TazzGo

TazzGo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  • LocationÉire

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:29 AM

View PostJintonic, on May 21 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

i`l just leave this here

I like the Rock, Paper, Shotgun take on the COD aspect.

http://www.rockpaper...ogshot-gallery/
Posted Image

#22 MechaMakishima

MechaMakishima

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thank god we have finally reached the stage in gaming where fish move out of your way as you swim through the water, I've been dreaming of that reality since the 8-bit days. Thank you MS for making this possible, I will pre-order your £400 console immediately.
Posted Image

#23 Sutislany

Sutislany

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted May 22 2013 - 04:21 AM

No Mecha (not a console), you're gonna buy a smart set-top box with Siri features, and then you can stare at those dirty fingernails aaallllll daaayyyy loooooooooooooong. :D

#24 Thyleon

Thyleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted May 22 2013 - 11:28 AM

View PostTaerkasten, on May 21 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

View PostThyleon, on May 21 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

View PostTaerkasten, on May 21 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

8 GB RAM, 1.06 Ghz of processor, any high end computer can defeat the console on this, based on hardware characteristics

Just because the hardware is lower quality doesn't mean it isn't utilized better than computer hardware. Specifically speaking Microsoft's operating system (Edit: To clear possible confusion OS used on the console not Windows 7 or 8 ect) can utilize that hardware on the console at comparable performances of my PC or better. Learn what you are talking about before making incorrect statements.

Well, am just comparing raw numbers, because everyone knows than Console OS utilize the resources better for the specific function of gaming, PC are different, a modern computer have more ram and processor than the console, even the 360 have more processor speed, in my case its low the processor speed well comparing with the 360 than its of 3.2 ghz  it's slow in the number, the pure number only, its your opinion, its my opinion.

data from here http://microsoft-new...hz-in-xbox-360/

Also it's like than sony will have the upper hand, and microsoft didn't handled well the polemic with the always online feature, in that matter MS do the thing wrong, at least sony made it clear in that aspect, overall let's see how both manufacturers prepare the consoles.

I'll have a 360 but what i'll saw today am not excited soo much, as i'll say again time will tell how the console how will be.

I bet you think your processor is better than the Xbox One's. Someone clearly thinks multi-core processors don't exist. (Raw numbers don't mean anything if you don't know how to value them.)
Current Specs: Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz), 2 x GTX 660, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 120GB SSD, 3TB HDD, 1200W PS, Motherboard
Current OS: Windows 7 & Ubuntu
Posted Image

#25 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:15 PM

View PostThyleon, on May 22 2013 - 11:28 AM, said:

8 GB RAM, 1.06 Ghz of processor, any high end computer can defeat the console on this, based on hardware characteristics

Just because the hardware is lower quality doesn't mean it isn't utilized better than computer hardware. Specifically speaking Microsoft's operating system (Edit: To clear possible confusion OS used on the console not Windows 7 or 8 ect) can utilize that hardware on the console at comparable performances of my PC or better. Learn what you are talking about before making incorrect statements.

Well, am just comparing raw numbers, because everyone knows than Console OS utilize the resources better for the specific function of gaming, PC are different, a modern computer have more ram and processor than the console, even the 360 have more processor speed, in my case its low the processor speed well comparing with the 360 than its of 3.2 ghz  it's slow in the number, the pure number only, its your opinion, its my opinion.

Also it's like than sony will have the upper hand, and microsoft didn't handled well the polemic with the always online feature, in that matter MS do the thing wrong, at least sony made it clear in that aspect, overall let's see how both manufacturers prepare the consoles.

I'll have a 360 but what i'll saw today am not excited soo much, as i'll say again time will tell how the console how will be.

I bet you think your processor is better than the Xbox One's. Someone clearly thinks multi-core processors don't exist. (Raw numbers don't mean anything if you don't know how to value them.)

he he, well, compared wrong. am guilty LOL, now being serious, found specs of the 360 and corrected my post, comparing the processor with a intel is not a good way to looking for differences, am agree with that, Now comparing it with the 360, at first glance it's seems than its slower, also the media are rumoring the processor speed value, they are not sure, until microsoft confirms the specs, we can speculate a little more.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#26 AlternEgo

AlternEgo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:22 PM

My buddy sent this to me...
http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

*edited it out the gif and added a link, contained more fuzzy bunny type words than I thought.

Edited by AlternEgo, May 22 2013 - 01:07 PM.

I am terribad at this whole dodging thing.

#27 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:25 PM

View PostTaerkasten, on May 22 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

he he, well, compared wrong. am guilty LOL, now being serious, found specs of the 360 and corrected my post, comparing the processor with a intel is not a good way to looking for differences, am agree with that, Now comparing it with the 360, at first glance it's seems than its slower, also the media are rumoring the processor speed value, they are not sure, until microsoft confirms the specs, we can speculate a little more.
Its going to be an 8 Core CPU based on AMD's 'Jaguar' CPU's, the specs should be similar to those listed on the right side of this chart: http://www.techpower...3-02-19/95a.jpg
Its actually estimated to be 1.6 GHz not the 1.06 written above. The PS4 will have a very similar processor. Good for developers, it'll be a lot easier to port a game over.

View PostAlternEgo, on May 22 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

I also have no idea to use the spoilers function to hide this.

Your buddy needs to get his facts straight.

Edited by Vivacity, May 22 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#28 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:33 PM

are you sure_ everything in that MEME is pretty spot on.

Posted Image

#29 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:33 PM

View PostVivacity, on May 22 2013 - 12:25 PM, said:

View PostTaerkasten, on May 22 2013 - 12:15 PM, said:

Its going to be an 8 Core CPU based on AMD's 'Jaguar' CPU's, the specs should be similar to those listed on the right side of this chart: http://www.techpower...3-02-19/95a.jpg
Its actually estimated to be 1.6 GHz not the 1.06 written above. The PS4 will have a very similar processor. Good for developers, it'll be a lot easier to port a game over.

View PostAlternEgo, on May 22 2013 - 12:22 PM, said:

Posted Image

I also have no idea to use the spoilers function to hide this.

Your buddy needs to get his facts straight.

Thanks for clarify the specs, got it, ¿Anybody have idea how will cost_

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#30 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostTaerkasten, on May 22 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

Thanks for clarify the specs, got it, ¿Anybody have idea how will cost_
Probably around High 400's-600 bucks.
There's probably going to be 2 versions, one with the Kinect and a game and one with just the stock console.

#31 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:55 PM

Meh, i'll wait and see how Nvidia's Shield does.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#32 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on May 22 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Nvidia shield is Android and Steam capable only. It wouldn't match the specs or capability of a console.

View PostAudible_Silence, on May 22 2013 - 12:33 PM, said:

are you sure_ everything in that MEME is pretty spot on.
This sums it up:
Wired: What’s going on with used games_ What about borrowed games_ There’s a lot of speculation today. Can you clear some of that up_ For example, we have multiple Xboxes in my house and trade games all the time. If we have multiple Xbox One consoles, can we still do that_

Harrison: Absolutely, just like you can today. You take the disc, install “the bits” on every machine you have in your house from the same disc, and anybody in your household can play that game. You have exactly the same restrictions that you have today, as in only one of you can play that game at a time because you only have one disc. But anybody in that house… well, the Xbox Live account… it goes for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One, and any user inside that house.

Wired: So as another example, if I took my disc and went to a friend’s house, would I be able to play that game on his machine_

Harrison: Yes, you can. You can take your game around to your friend’s house just as you would today — that’s assuming you have a physical disc — and what we’re doing with the new Live technology is that… with the disc, it’s just a repository for “the bits”. You can put that disc into his drive, you can play the game while you’re there, and then you go home and take that disc with you. But actually, “the bits” are still on his drive. If your friend decides that he really likes to play that game, then he can go buy it instantly, and it doesn’t need to download again. It’s already there. Once he’s paid for it, it’s immediately there.

Edited by Vivacity, May 22 2013 - 01:08 PM.

#33 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 01:35 PM

HAHA, except:

""You do not require an always-on connection to be able to use Xbox One," said Xbox’s UK marketing director. "It is clearly designed to be connected to the Internet, and hopefully from what you've just seen you realize some of the benefits that brings. But if your Internet connection drops, you will still be able to play games, still be able to watch Blu-ray movies, and still be able to watch live TV.” But then it emerged that the console will still need to connect to go online at least once every 24 hours, according to another Microsoft exec Phil Harrison, and possibly more often – we still have no clear idea how this works."

"Microsoft's Larry Hryb has issued the following clarification:

Another piece of clarification around playing games at a friend’s house – should you choose to play your game at your friend’s house, there is no fee to play that game while you are signed in to your profile.

What this means is that if you take a game to a friend's house and try to play the game on their system using their account, you'll need to pay. If you take it to their house and try to play it on their system using your account, you won't need to pay."

http://kotaku.com/yo...icros-509140825
http://www.ign.com/a...y-game-installs
http://www.ign.com/a...-mixed-messages

Posted Image

#34 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 01:39 PM

the fact that i cannot let my room mate barrow a game, for a few hours while im playing a different one, with him having to pay a fee, which is apparently full price, is ludicrous. I can buy and sell clothes, cars, cell phones, TVs, Art, Blu-rays. so why should games be different.

why would somebody be forced to buy a game they may not like___ what if a game is only 10 hours in length, i sure as hell am not going to pay $60 for it if i can't sell it for $30 to a friend.

Posted Image

#35 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 02:15 PM

View PostAudible_Silence, on May 22 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

the fact that i cannot let my room mate barrow a game, for a few hours while im playing a different one, with him having to pay a fee, which is apparently full price, is ludicrous. I can buy and sell clothes, cars, cell phones, TVs, Art, Blu-rays. so why should games be different.

why would somebody be forced to buy a game they may not like___ what if a game is only 10 hours in length, i sure as hell am not going to pay $60 for it if i can't sell it for $30 to a friend.
Your misunderstanding it, your not able to play a game that was bought digitally unless your logged on to the account you bought it with. If you have the PHYSICAL cd you can play it anywhere. Same as now.
But if its a DIGITAL copy then you have to be logged on to your own account.

"So, think about how you use a disc that you own of an Xbox 360 game. If I buy the disc from a store, I use that disc in my machine, I can give that disc to my son and he can play it on his 360 in his room. We both can't play at the same time, but the disc is the key to playing. I can go round to your house and give you that disc and you can play on that game as well.

What we're doing with the digital permissions that we have for Xbox One is no different to that. If I am playing on that disc, which is installed to the hard drive on my Xbox One, everybody in my household who has permission to use my Xbox One can use that piece of content. [So] I can give that piece of content to my son and he can play it on the same system."

Theres been a lot of confusion but the most recent interview is what I'm quoting.

Edited by Vivacity, May 22 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#36 Thyleon

Thyleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted May 22 2013 - 02:50 PM

View PostVivacity, on May 22 2013 - 02:15 PM, said:

View PostAudible_Silence, on May 22 2013 - 01:39 PM, said:

Your misunderstanding it, your not able to play a game that was bought digitally unless your logged on to the account you bought it with. If you have the PHYSICAL cd you can play it anywhere. Same as now.
But if its a DIGITAL copy then you have to be logged on to your own account.

"So, think about how you use a disc that you own of an Xbox 360 game. If I buy the disc from a store, I use that disc in my machine, I can give that disc to my son and he can play it on his 360 in his room. We both can't play at the same time, but the disc is the key to playing. I can go round to your house and give you that disc and you can play on that game as well.

What we're doing with the digital permissions that we have for Xbox One is no different to that. If I am playing on that disc, which is installed to the hard drive on my Xbox One, everybody in my household who has permission to use my Xbox One can use that piece of content. [So] I can give that piece of content to my son and he can play it on the same system."

Theres been a lot of confusion but the most recent interview is what I'm quoting.

This is a pretty straight forward statement of what is factual, thanks for the clean post.

Side-note: I'm pretty annoyed that if I choose to buy a new game digitally from Xbox Live marketplace it will still cost $59.99. I've said it elsewhere that I'm fine with the prices of games going up seeing as I know they cost more to make today then they did two generations ago. However I personally believe digital games should be sold cheaper than physical copies. We are saving them money in packaging and production costs (Blu-Ray discs and Casings + Shipping costs) which adds up to quite a lot. This is also some of my issues with a lot of digital media today. The only people seeing the benefit from it in most cases is everyone but the consumer. Not to mention if you do purchase the digital product your are forcing yourself to download the game every time you want to play it at a different location (One that doesn't already have to content accessible on the Hard Drive). Seems like a major inconvenience if you aren't saving any money.

Off-topic: While the internet's infrastructure is good in some locations it isn't great everywhere. Not to mention internet connections aren't always up, they do have a downtime which can prevent you from downloading. While these are minor inconvenience they are surely not incentives for me to pay the same price for digital media as I would for physical media.

Anyhow these are common complaints about the current direction of media distributions nothing specifically against Microsoft. While I'm all for technology moving forward I'd like to see some form of benefit on my end as a consumer.
Current Specs: Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz), 2 x GTX 660, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 120GB SSD, 3TB HDD, 1200W PS, Motherboard
Current OS: Windows 7 & Ubuntu
Posted Image

#37 Dread_Lord_Pitr

Dread_Lord_Pitr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationColumbia Internet

Posted May 22 2013 - 10:45 PM

View PostVivacity, on May 22 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Nvidia shield is Android and Steam capable only. It wouldn't match the specs or capability of a console.

Why, thank you for that insight, Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

Of course it's not going to match the new Xbox or Playstation, power wise; it's a handheld.
Did i state i expected it to _
No, i just stated i'd rather wait and see how it will do.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. -George Orwell's Animal Farm
BEGIN Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK
GCS d_ s: a- C++++ UL++++ P+++ L++++ E--- W+(++) N++ o+++ K+++ w--- !O M-- V-- PS+++ PE+++ Y(++) PGP+++ t* 5(-) X R- tv- b- DI-- D- G++ e++ h* r% y_
END Pitr's GEEK CODE BLOCK

#38 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 22 2013 - 11:22 PM

View PostJintonic, on May 21 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

i`l just leave this here

Just adorable. Xbox, go home. And shut the door while leaving, too haha :D

Edited by LucasAshrock, May 22 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Meant to lead  

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 18 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I will never understand how people can go around flaming and being antagonistic in general
It's a logically fallacious tactic used to try and discredit any opposing opinion that may follow, by claiming dissenting opinions are just flaming and that those opinions are worth less than their own. Whether people use this tactic habitually as a defense mechanism, or intentionally because they secretly understand the weakness of their claims and the backing logic, I don't know.

#39 Vivacity

Vivacity

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted May 23 2013 - 04:58 AM

View PostDread_Lord_Pitr, on May 22 2013 - 10:45 PM, said:

View PostVivacity, on May 22 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

Why, thank you for that insight, Captain Obvious :rolleyes:

Of course it's not going to match the new Xbox or Playstation, power wise; it's a handheld.
Did i state i expected it to _
No, i just stated i'd rather wait and see how it will do.
So your talking about sales_ Sales are a major factor on whether or not something is worth purchasing_
Otherwise

means what_

#40 Kmaleon73

Kmaleon73

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 611 posts
  • LocationVenezuela-Maracaibo-Edo Zulia

Posted May 23 2013 - 07:04 AM

Very versatile, very nice, but unfortunately I prefer the PS from the beginning, for the simple reason that is more stable, better graphic level and has one of the best franchises like the GT is, and that's because I have a G-25 which I have not been able to give their full potential SimulRace, because I have to be honest, I'm more dancefloor than fighter, so I'll stick with the PS not for nothing I'm on the pre-order to buy the console, although I'm not sure because that investment to acquire the good I can do in an Alienware.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users