HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Xbox One

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#1 HAVOKNW

HAVOKNW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 01:31 PM

So, how about that Xbox One....  Anybody excited for it_

#2 Thyleon

Thyleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted May 21 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostHAVOKNW, on May 21 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

So, how about that Xbox One....  Anybody excited for it_

No, console gaming is a thing in the past

Edited by Thyleon, May 21 2013 - 01:34 PM.

Current Specs: Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz), 2 x GTX 660, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 120GB SSD, 3TB HDD, 1200W PS, Motherboard
Current OS: Windows 7 & Ubuntu
Posted Image

#3 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted May 21 2013 - 01:37 PM

it seems its just a really high powered computer that hooks up to a tv screen
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#4 Beefsweat

Beefsweat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,845 posts
  • Locationsan diego, usa

Posted May 21 2013 - 02:01 PM

Booooo
Posted Image

#5 Numbuh681

Numbuh681

• Full Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSofia, Bulgaria

Posted May 21 2013 - 02:02 PM

Not really, the XBOX One reveal wasn't "revealing" at all. Microsoft didn't focus on what was really important - the games! But I guess they're getting ready for E3 in a few weeks. Imho, Sony had a much better reveal of the PS4, even though we didn't get to see the console itself.

The XBOX One looks okay. I don't think Microsoft revealed all of the hardware (GPU_) but it looks like it'll be almost identical to the PS4 in terms of specs.

I'm very curious to see those proposed 15 new titles... Eh, I can't wait to watch E3 live from 07:30 PM to 07:00 AM here in Bulgaria. It's going to be epic!

Edited by Numbuh681, May 24 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Posted Image

#6 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted May 21 2013 - 02:51 PM

We all know what the best thing about Xbox One is

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Brnmatt7

Brnmatt7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSetting a trap for you on the Last Eco map

Posted May 21 2013 - 03:05 PM

The reveal was a complete disaster... <_<

Microsoft says the Xbox One will require a mandatory installation onto the system’s hard drive for all games that are played on the console for the first time. If the same game disc is then played on an additional Xbox One console, or even a different Xbox Live account, the second user will have to pay a fee. <--- FUUUUUG THAT!!!

Edited by Brnmatt7, May 21 2013 - 03:16 PM.

Posted Image

Check us out @ www.bsb-gaming.com

You can also find me on Raptr

#8 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 04:36 PM

Seriously_ THey made the same junk of psvita_ That's pathetic. :rolleyes:

Edited by LucasAshrock, May 21 2013 - 04:36 PM.

Meant to lead  

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 18 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

I will never understand how people can go around flaming and being antagonistic in general
It's a logically fallacious tactic used to try and discredit any opposing opinion that may follow, by claiming dissenting opinions are just flaming and that those opinions are worth less than their own. Whether people use this tactic habitually as a defense mechanism, or intentionally because they secretly understand the weakness of their claims and the backing logic, I don't know.

#9 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 21 2013 - 04:40 PM

Well from the beginning microsoft and their partners didnt wanted than gamestop enjoys alot with the second handed game, so in essence dont have DRM, but locking methods against second hand games, sounds promising in some aspects but they literally kick in their own feet in the others as follows.
  • No Backward compatible with 360 Games, different arquitecture.
  • 8 GB RAM, 1.06 Ghz of processor, any high end computer can defeat the console on this, based on hardware characteristics
  • Blu-ray unit, they loss against sony with HD-DVD so in the end they opted with Blu-Ray
  • Microsoft stated than DRM methods will be in hands of the game developers, so its not freak than another game maker in adition than Ubilol, well ubisoft add always online on his game for the new system, since microsoft leaves the door open for this.
overall MS do alot of stuff for supposedly compensated with the locking of second hand games, but in my opinion is not enough, even the 360 sells too low in japan, now it's possible than the overall sales of the Xbox one will be low on the rest of the world, or depends what sony will do now and how they will counter the presentation of the Xbox one.

Time will tell

Edited by Taerkasten, May 21 2013 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#10 Riflebird

Riflebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 04:41 PM

LoL. The Call of Duty dog has a twitter.

@CollarDuty

Edited by Riflebird, May 21 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#11 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 05:30 PM

Meh, i think i'll be oriented on ps4, next year and at half price. Noone of both new consoles worth a single cent. My pc will handle 99% of their games even better (except exclusive console-only games, i'll not miss them) :rolleyes:

Edited by LucasAshrock, May 21 2013 - 05:30 PM.

Meant to lead  

I will never understand how people can go around flaming and being antagonistic in general
It's a logically fallacious tactic used to try and discredit any opposing opinion that may follow, by claiming dissenting opinions are just flaming and that those opinions are worth less than their own. Whether people use this tactic habitually as a defense mechanism, or intentionally because they secretly understand the weakness of their claims and the backing logic, I don't know.

#12 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted May 21 2013 - 05:36 PM

FAIL!!!  but i am calling it right now... Xbox is going to set up an online "shop" where you can say "i would like to trade this game" and you'll get a message from another person saying "i will trade you this for it" then you can accept or decline, the digital rights will be transferred and viola... you just traded your game. NAILED IT!!!

thats why they keep getting there story confused about trading used games and such.  and sure, you could still trade in a used game.. it just wont be worth much without that code.

Posted Image

#13 LucasAshrock

LucasAshrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 05:57 PM

Your scenario made me vomit lol
Meant to lead  

#14 Thyleon

Thyleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted May 21 2013 - 06:13 PM

View PostTaerkasten, on May 21 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

8 GB RAM, 1.06 Ghz of processor, any high end computer can defeat the console on this, based on hardware characteristics

Just because the hardware is lower quality doesn't mean it isn't utilized better than computer hardware. Specifically speaking Microsoft's operating system (Edit: To clear possible confusion OS used on the console not Windows 7 or 8 ect) can utilize that hardware on the console at comparable performances of my PC or better. Learn what you are talking about before making incorrect statements.

Edited by Thyleon, May 21 2013 - 06:16 PM.

Current Specs: Intel Core i5-3570K (Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz), 2 x GTX 660, 8GB DDR3 RAM, 120GB SSD, 3TB HDD, 1200W PS, Motherboard
Current OS: Windows 7 & Ubuntu
Posted Image

#15 Taerkasten

Taerkasten

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 527 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted May 21 2013 - 07:03 PM

View PostThyleon, on May 21 2013 - 06:13 PM, said:

View PostTaerkasten, on May 21 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

8 GB RAM, 1.06 Ghz of processor, any high end computer can defeat the console on this, based on hardware characteristics

Just because the hardware is lower quality doesn't mean it isn't utilized better than computer hardware. Specifically speaking Microsoft's operating system (Edit: To clear possible confusion OS used on the console not Windows 7 or 8 ect) can utilize that hardware on the console at comparable performances of my PC or better. Learn what you are talking about before making incorrect statements.

Well, am just comparing raw numbers, because everyone knows than Console OS utilize the resources better for the specific function of gaming, PC are different, a modern computer have more ram and processor than the console, even the 360 have more processor speed, in my case its low the processor speed well comparing with the 360 than its of 3.2 ghz  it's slow in the number, the pure number only, its your opinion, its my opinion.

data from here http://microsoft-new...hz-in-xbox-360/

Also it's like than sony will have the upper hand, and microsoft didn't handled well the polemic with the always online feature, in that matter MS do the thing wrong, at least sony made it clear in that aspect, overall let's see how both manufacturers prepare the consoles.

I'll have a 360 but what i'll saw today am not excited soo much, as i'll say again time will tell how the console how will be.

Edited by Taerkasten, May 21 2013 - 07:18 PM.

Posted Image

|-Intel DH67CL-|-i3-2130 3.4Ghz-|-8 GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu-|-ATI Radeon 6750HD 1GB-|

#16 ArnieF4440

ArnieF4440

Muscles

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,198 posts
  • LocationDown Under/invading US west servers

Posted May 21 2013 - 11:24 PM

I don't really care, I'm a PC purist. It's interesting how they announced it, but meh
Posted Image
Me: Youtube | Drop Bears
Guides: Hawken Tips and Tricks | Fraps + Compression | Lag + Gaming
Rig: i7-920 + H50 | MSI X58A-GD45 | Corsair Dominator 12GB | 2x EVGA GTX 660TI SC+ 3GB | OCZ Vertex 2 120GB | Corsair HX1000 | CM HAF932

#17 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted May 21 2013 - 11:46 PM

Good. Cheap xbox consoles and games for me to play with when all the fanboys upgrade.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#18 Jintonic

Jintonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted May 21 2013 - 11:50 PM

i`l just leave this here

#19 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:03 AM

View PostJintonic, on May 21 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

i`l just leave this here

holy fuzzybunnies
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#20 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted May 22 2013 - 12:07 AM

Xbox go home,
you are drunk.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST