HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

WeLoveFine Presents HAWKEN Design Contest

Contest Art Community

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#101 DaPheel

DaPheel

EXPLOSIONS_

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • LocationU.K.

Posted June 07 2013 - 08:27 AM

Holy Fuzzy Bunny yes - Give me big lucious print posters!
Posted Image"OFFICIAL SHIELD BEARER"
Spoiler

#102 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 08 2013 - 08:13 AM

View PostPrO_SoZaI, on June 06 2013 - 06:28 AM, said:

Hi guys. I have several questions but I can't seem to find the answers anywhere. So I hope you guys can enlighten me. :)

Q1: I've seen some submissions and they're images of several mechs you can find online or from the fansite kit with just some editing on it. I'm not trying to offend any of the owners of the submissions, but I just want to clarify this because I've read it from the WeLoveFine stating you must agree that your submission is the work of your own. Does it mean we must made our designs from scratch, or it just mean that what matter is the design must be yours and you can copy/paste/edit from any resource you can get online_

Q2: Is there no limits with the colours_ As far as I know is the more the colours, the higher the budget required to make it and the designs cannot be too sophisticated. I tried searching online, and somehow found out some says there's an 8 colour limit for shirt designs. And does otherglows/shines/lens flare capable to be printed_ o.O

Q3: There's stated that 1 person can have a total of 5 submissions. What if I have a design, and I wish to show it with different t-shirt colours_ Should I put them as 1 submission or I have to seperate them into individual submissions_

Sorry for the lengthy post. I tend to type alot and ended up making confusing statements. I hope it's understand-able. :wacko:

Hopefully I can answer these questions for you -
1. We want you to use mechs found in Hawken. If they exist in Hawken, they ok to use. We would prefer you not cut an paste from found web images, but draw them in your own style. Were looking for your art!

2. Correct - there is no limit in colors for both the art prints and tee designs.

3. You can enter variations of that design 5 times if you wish, but in my experience you will be splitting your votes. Its best to pick 1 design, put it on the color you like best and submit. Otherwise people get confused. You will receive less votes because of it in the voting stage.

Hope this helps!
Thanks!

#103 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 08 2013 - 08:16 AM

View PostPrO_SoZaI, on June 06 2013 - 10:20 PM, said:

p/s: Is there anywhere that I can ask this question to the personnels in charge of this contest_ perhaps by email_ That way we may get the answer to this question sooner.

Yes! Totally!
http://www.welovefin...nt/8-contact-us
Her name is Christy!

#104 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 08 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostAedesius, on June 06 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Hawken poster contest next pleease ! =P

This is the poster contest! One of the places is going to be for the best art print!
:)

#105 PrO_SoZaI

PrO_SoZaI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted June 08 2013 - 07:31 PM

View PostAedesius, on June 08 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

1. We want you to use mechs found in Hawken. If they exist in Hawken, they ok to use. We would prefer you not cut an paste from found web images, but draw them in your own style. Were looking for your art!

2. Correct - there is no limit in colors for both the art prints and tee designs.

3. You can enter variations of that design 5 times if you wish, but in my experience you will be splitting your votes. Its best to pick 1 design, put it on the color you like best and submit. Otherwise people get confused. You will receive less votes because of it in the voting stage.

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
Thanks Aedesius for your reply! I really appreciate it. Thank you so much. :D

#106 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 09 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostPrO_SoZaI, on June 08 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

View PostAedesius, on June 08 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

Hope this helps!
Thanks!
Thanks Aedesius for your reply! I really appreciate it. Thank you so much. :D

Thank you! So happy to be of help!

#107 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted June 10 2013 - 05:38 PM

All I really want is a polo shirt with a little embroidered mech instead of a dog or a guy playing polo.

#108 Flinx

Flinx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted June 13 2013 - 03:06 PM

View PostRedVan, on June 10 2013 - 05:38 PM, said:

All I really want is a polo shirt with a little embroidered mech instead of a dog or a guy playing polo.

Really really love that! We have polos at welovefine. Submit it to the contest! I want to wear that!

#109 PrO_SoZaI

PrO_SoZaI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted June 17 2013 - 05:55 AM

Hey guys :) Was the result of last week's raffle out somewhere_ o.O i can't seem to find it in the PlayHawken facebook page. Or was the raffle only available for the first 2 weeks_

#110 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted June 17 2013 - 06:14 AM

The design tee contest (the “Promotion”) featuring Meteor Entertainment’s “HAWKEN” characters (the “ HAWKEN Elements”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States

I hate when this happens :) it's good i did not start designing anything yet..

Edited by dorobo, June 17 2013 - 06:15 AM.

#111 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:25 AM

View Postdorobo, on June 17 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

[font=HelveticaNeueBoldCond, Helvetica, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]The design tee contest (the “Promotion”) featuring Meteor Entertainment’s “HAWKEN” characters (the “ HAWKEN Elements”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States[/font]

Uh O! Where did you find that dorobo_ I think this is going to count a lot of people out of this competition and should, perhaps, have been clearer from the start_

Edited by Pastorius, June 17 2013 - 10:28 AM.

Posted Image

#112 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted June 17 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostPastorius, on June 17 2013 - 10:25 AM, said:

View Postdorobo, on June 17 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

The design tee contest (the “Promotion”) featuring Meteor Entertainment’s “HAWKEN” characters (the “ HAWKEN Elements”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States

Uh O! Where did you find that dorobo_ I think this is going to count a lot of people out of this competition and should, perhaps, have been clearer from the start_

YOU REGISTER TO THAT T-SHIRT SITE, YOU FIND HAWKEN CONTEST. YOU GO SUBMIT AND IT'S THE LAST THING YOU NEED TO CHECK THERE THAT YOU HAVE READ TERMS OF USE (TOS-LINK) :) now i need to unsubscribe from that newsletter also.. ugh.

#113 PrO_SoZaI

PrO_SoZaI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted June 17 2013 - 10:05 PM

I did saw someone said that elsewhere, but I never found that phrase myself. =/ maybe I didn't looked clearly enough. Oh well. that sucks. lol

EDIT: I agree with Pastorius. That really should be stated clearly on the beginning of the contest. It can be said as one of the main point/rule for the contest man. D: Just sayin. =/

Edited by PrO_SoZaI, June 17 2013 - 10:07 PM.

#114 Estif

Estif

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted June 19 2013 - 09:26 AM

Oh My god, is that true____ :( I already submitted my entry....

Posted Image

#115 PrO_SoZaI

PrO_SoZaI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted June 19 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostStephenHawkins, on June 19 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

Oh My god, is that true____ :( I already submitted my entry....
Me too.. sadly there's nothing we can do about it. I guess we'll have to face the ugly truth. =/

#116 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 20 2013 - 10:06 PM

I would like to update everyone on this. We have to put that in for legal reasons. That being said, we are accepting submissions from outside of the United States. The only difference is if you win, we ask that you pay the extra shipping costs for your prizes. Unless its cash, then there are no extra costs.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

#117 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 20 2013 - 11:53 PM

View PostAedesius, on June 20 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

I would like to update everyone on this. We have to put that in for legal reasons. That being said, we are accepting submissions from outside of the United States. The only difference is if you win, we ask that you pay the extra shipping costs for your prizes. Unless its cash, then there are no extra costs.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

That is fantastic news and thanks for clearing it up Aedesius!

However, I would suggest that reasons that are "Legal" are just that and it's not surprising that we all took this very literally as that is exactly what legal disclaimers/terms of use statements are for ;)

Thanks again for correcting this issue and I look forward to seeing some international entries and indeed winners of this competition :)
Posted Image

#118 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted June 21 2013 - 12:09 AM

Aedesius, on June 20 2013 - 10:06 PM, said:

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

Glad to hear that.. sorry for all the caps locks but that text is quite missleading :)

#119 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 21 2013 - 06:48 AM

I agree, but without it, lawyers would starve. :)

#120 HotDog

HotDog

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted June 21 2013 - 09:15 AM

Not a reason Aedesius for letting the EU PPL left out until..... Wait for it...... We need to pay the bill for shipment like 15-60$ Kills a Company!

Get it!!!

Not only EU PPL need to pay tax for MC, now for shipment just in case if a EU resident wins....

This is insulting!

For a Openminded game like Hawken should be. It is very U.S. centered!

----- Dont mistake it for a troll! ---- Im a Member here since the closed Beta and tend to piss ppl of ------ Especialy if things that are pritty Basic in the Internet goes totaly wrong and different here. ----

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest, Art, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users