HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

WeLoveFine Presents HAWKEN Design Contest

Contest Art Community

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#81 Zivaltent

Zivaltent

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted June 03 2013 - 07:09 AM

I have a few ideas..lets see if this highschool student can win him self some money and a new gaming computer! wish me luck people !

Im also proud to say that I am representing my Community TAW in this Contest.
We are a very team based clan that like to have fun.
Feel free to visit www.taw.net

Edited by Zivaltent, June 03 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#82 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted June 03 2013 - 09:44 AM

View PostZivaltent, on June 03 2013 - 07:09 AM, said:

I have a few ideas..lets see if this highschool student can win him self some money and a new gaming computer! wish me luck people !

Lol shameless plug lol.

I am serious about the hawken art nue voue btw.

because bow ties are cool

#83 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted June 03 2013 - 10:26 AM

GO TAW and GO Zivaltent :D Mix it up bro!
Posted Image

#84 Aims

Aims

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted June 04 2013 - 07:00 PM

Also love the nouveau stuff... very cool AJK.

#85 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 04 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on June 03 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

Lol shameless plug lol.

View PostAims, on June 04 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

I can *try* making a nouveau entry for the contest if you like.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#86 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted June 04 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 04 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Lol shameless plug lol.

yes please

because bow ties are cool

#87 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 04 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on June 04 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

yes please
Okay. Brainstorm.

Should I do Cupcake, or a Fred, because Fred would be a ironic opposite of the beautiful woman Mucha likes to put in his pieces_

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#88 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted June 05 2013 - 01:07 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 04 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

View PostOdinTheWise, on June 04 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

yes please
Okay. Brainstorm.

Should I do Cupcake, or a Fred, because Fred would be a ironic opposite of the beautiful woman Mucha likes to put in his pieces_
Implying there's even a choice when one of the options is delicious Cupcake
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#89 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted June 05 2013 - 09:15 AM

I believe that if we can have Cheesecake modeling, we must have Cupcake modeling.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#90 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 05 2013 - 09:35 AM

Okay... I guess we're having Art Nouveau Cupcake then. I'll probably get around to that next week or so. I got to get my ass in gear and finish my first design.

AJK is right

#91 PrO_SoZaI

PrO_SoZaI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted June 06 2013 - 06:28 AM

Hi guys. I have several questions but I can't seem to find the answers anywhere. So I hope you guys can enlighten me. :)

Q1: I've seen some submissions and they're images of several mechs you can find online or from the fansite kit with just some editing on it. I'm not trying to offend any of the owners of the submissions, but I just want to clarify this because I've read it from the WeLoveFine stating you must agree that your submission is the work of your own. Does it mean we must made our designs from scratch, or it just mean that what matter is the design must be yours and you can copy/paste/edit from any resource you can get online_

Q2: Is there no limits with the colours_ As far as I know is the more the colours, the higher the budget required to make it and the designs cannot be too sophisticated. I tried searching online, and somehow found out some says there's an 8 colour limit for shirt designs. And does otherglows/shines/lens flare capable to be printed_ o.O

Q3: There's stated that 1 person can have a total of 5 submissions. What if I have a design, and I wish to show it with different t-shirt colours_ Should I put them as 1 submission or I have to seperate them into individual submissions_

Sorry for the lengthy post. I tend to type alot and ended up making confusing statements. I hope it's understand-able. :wacko:

Edited by PrO_SoZaI, June 06 2013 - 06:29 AM.

#92 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted June 06 2013 - 10:24 AM

Good questions, the only thing I could partially answer is about Q2, it seems that WeLoveFine use Iron-on to put (any) designs on tee, so any number of color would technically work, however as you may know the quality of the print won't be as smooth, sharp and durable than with screen-printing or vinyl-cut.

But i don't know if they use such printing process, (from what i have read, they are only using iron-on, because they print on-demand, but i don't know.) I'm wondering about the quality of the final product.

Posted Image

#93 Seiryuga

Seiryuga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 02:46 PM

I got a couple of shirt from them before.  They're definitely not iron on.  I don't know what type they use for the tshirts, but iron on feels like fuzzy bunny, the stuff they have is pretty high quality.

Still working on my designs here LOL.

As for the other questions,  There should be no limit on what color you can use for your artwork.  Because from previous contests they have shown that they're vary in contrast and saturation.  Plenty of their shirt designs have outerglows and what not even with transparency.  So I say yes it is possible.

#94 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 03:55 PM

View PostSeiryuga, on June 06 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

I got a couple of shirt from them before. ( ... ) the stuff they have is pretty high quality.
Still working on my designs here LOL.

Thanks, thats a good news then ! Good luck at your designs ! I hope i'll have some time to work my 3rd entry this weekend..

Posted Image

#95 Bombdig

Bombdig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted June 06 2013 - 06:14 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking Art Nouveau would be fun to try with the Hawken style. I haven't decided to how to use that though.

I have to say Erathic, I wish I could create such a bold design similar to yours. I have at least 4 ideas but I just can't draw them or find appropriate screenshots. Your instructor shirt design almost has a halftone effect, is that a brush or filter you used_

#96 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 06 2013 - 09:23 PM

View PostPastorius, on June 02 2013 - 01:00 AM, said:

Anyone think I should submit The Splitty Mech_ :D

Posted Image

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of the designs for this competition. It's a fantastic idea and I'm glad to see some new talent as well as the "old guard".

I can't wait to see your designs Erathic!

Someone give Modius a kick up the.......

This is gunna be sweeeeeet :)

Please submit it, its funny! I would take off the VW logo since its a registered trademark! Funny design! You should submit it as a poster maybe.

#97 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 06 2013 - 09:30 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 04 2013 - 07:58 PM, said:

Lol shameless plug lol.

You should totally do that, there is nothing like it in the contest so far, yours would probably stand out!

#98 Aedesius

Aedesius

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted June 06 2013 - 09:36 PM

View Posterathic, on June 06 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

Good questions, the only thing I could partially answer is about Q2, it seems that WeLoveFine use Iron-on to put (any) designs on tee, so any number of color would technically work, however as you may know the quality of the print won't be as smooth, sharp and durable than with screen-printing or vinyl-cut.

But i don't know if they use such printing process, (from what i have read, they are only using iron-on, because they print on-demand, but i don't know.) I'm wondering about the quality of the final product.

Our tee printing process is digital screen printing. Its a little higher line screen than regular screen-printing, and allows for unlimited colors. Its very little difference in feel over conventional screen-printing. If by Iron Ons you mean heat transfers, we use that on our inside neck label for branding so it doesn't scrape the back of your neck compared to using a woven label.

We also have a place in the contest for art prints, which are printed using archival paper and special art print inks. I could find the exact info on those if any one wants to know it.

#99 PrO_SoZaI

PrO_SoZaI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted June 06 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thanks alot for the replies guys. :) Question 2 is answered and I guess I can leave the Question number 3 aside at the moment. I just hope someone can answer Question 1 for me. I would really appreciate it since that question has been bothering me for a few days now. =/

For those that doesn't want to go through the hassle to scroll for my previous Questions, here's the Question 1, right below.

Q1: I've seen some submissions and they're images of several mechs you can find online or from the fansite kit with just some editing on it. I'm not trying to offend any of the owners of the submissions, but I just want to clarify this because I've read it from the WeLoveFine stating you must agree that your submission is the work of your own. Does it mean we must made our designs from scratch, or it just mean that what matters is the design must be yours, and you can copy/paste/edit from any resource you can get online_

p/s: Is there anywhere that I can ask this question to the personnels in charge of this contest_ perhaps by email_ That way we may get the answer to this question sooner.

Edited by PrO_SoZaI, June 06 2013 - 10:23 PM.

#100 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted June 07 2013 - 12:00 AM

View PostAedesius, on June 06 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

Our tee printing process is digital screen printing. Its a little higher line screen than regular screen-printing, and allows for unlimited colors. Its very little difference in feel over conventional screen-printing. If by Iron Ons you mean heat transfers, we use that on our inside neck label for branding so it doesn't scrape the back of your neck compared to using a woven label.

Thanks for clarifiying that !

View PostAedesius, on June 06 2013 - 09:36 PM, said:

We also have a place in the contest for art prints, which are printed using archival paper and special art print inks. I could find the exact info on those if any one wants to know it.

Hawken poster contest next pleease ! =P

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Contest, Art, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users