HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Dodge is hurting game balance in various aspects

• Please log in to reply
136 replies to this topic

#41 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:24 PM

Yes yes and the game will arrive in late 2013 with 10 million  of players (If you have 1000 online is very in reality) as CEO of Meteor announced in Forbes the beta was opened. This game attracted many players, but few of them actually got used to this mechanic of dodge and ultra-agile combat. And these few are the ones posting here against my topic.
Look at the article and say that the game is really on the right track:
http://www.forbes.co...onal-marketing/

Edited by Gruncor, May 29 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#42 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:29 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

Yes yes and the game will arrive in late 2013 with 10 million players as CEO of Meteor announced in Forbes the beta was opened. This game attracted many players, but few of them actually got used to this mechanic of dodge and ultra-agile combat. And these few are the ones posting here against my topic.

So because they didn't meet their mark, you blame dodge. Completely blind to the many other aspects of the game that people could leave because of. Because you are terrible and cannot hit someone who is dodging, you immediately claim that is why hundreds of thousands of others don't play the game.

Lmfao

#43 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:32 PM

Warning: Foul language.  Also Truth.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#44 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostRedVan, on May 29 2013 - 01:29 PM, said:

Yes yes and the game will arrive in late 2013 with 10 million players as CEO of Meteor announced in Forbes the beta was opened. This game attracted many players, but few of them actually got used to this mechanic of dodge and ultra-agile combat. And these few are the ones posting here against my topic.

So because they didn't meet their mark, you blame dodge. Completely blind to the many other aspects of the game that people could leave because of. Because you are terrible and cannot hit someone who is dodging, you immediately claim that is why hundreds of thousands of others don't play the game.

Lmfao
Yes'm terrible rate of 1590-1600 with a game week in reaper without using slug and I have about three times more kills+ assists than deaths and winrate of 80%. I'm really horrible.

Edited by Gruncor, May 29 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#45 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:43 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

Lmfao
Yes'm terrible rate of 1590-1600 with a game week in reaper without using slug and I have about three times more kills+ assists than deaths and winrate of 80%. I'm really horrible.
Congrats, you can kite in average ranked matches with hitscan weapons on an A mech
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#46 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:52 PM

Yes and yes. A week of play and can learn basic things. If play two months I will have good practical and easily reach 1900-2000.

Edited by Gruncor, May 29 2013 - 01:54 PM.

#47 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted May 29 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 01:52 PM, said:

Yes and yes. A week of play and can learn basic things. If play two months I will have good practical and easily reach 1900-2000.
You don't need to be skilled to hit 1900 to 2000, you just need to XP fuzzy bunny
If you can't hit a target in the current dodge-friendly environment with a projectile weapon then you're not a high skill player. If you're unable to utilize cover and said projectile weapon to dish out massive amounts of damage to targets without taking much damage yourself, you're not a high skill player

Your ability to hit average players with hitscan says nothing about your ability to play Hawken, especially in a system as exploitable as the current MMR+server browser
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#48 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yes I am not the best player, but I'm not bad, and therefore I can not be insulted by this. And you talk like your were taking advantage of me with my Reaper, and he is not even the best sniper. I have the Sharpshooter I think even better, but do not like being the only sniper. I prefer playing in hardcore mode with my Reaper because I like to play aggressively and not passively.

Edited by Gruncor, May 29 2013 - 02:16 PM.

#49 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 29 2013 - 02:39 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 02:08 PM, said:

Yes I am not the best player, but I'm not bad, and therefore I can not be insulted by this. And you talk like your were taking advantage of me with my Reaper, and he is not even the best sniper. I have the Sharpshooter I think even better, but do not like being the only sniper. I prefer playing in hardcore mode with my Reaper because I like to play aggressively and not passively.

All I read is "I" and "my" and ego. Why you cannot understand high level play has nothing to do with the mech you use or the MMR points you gain and lose. High lvl play in any game is about the relationship to your opponent. Dodging is merely a way to relate to your opponent.

Posted Image

#50 RedVan

RedVan

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,250 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 02:42 PM

Lmfao

Confirmed. Mediocre.

I can use all mechs and hover around 2300

This simply proves my point about your abilities given dodge

#51 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 02:58 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on May 29 2013 - 02:39 PM, said:

All I read is "I" and "my" and ego. Why you cannot understand high level play has nothing to do with the mech you use or the MMR points you gain and lose. High lvl play in any game is about the relationship to your opponent. Dodging is merely a way to relate to your opponent.

First I do not play with players 'high level' due to my rate. I am also much more benefited than harmed by dodge. I claim as my fellow clan only one still playing and he said it will stop. This game has not reached even 10% of the target's pubic target and this is very bad and even more when he is in need of a F2P player base to remain extremely high.

#52 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:02 PM

View PostRedVan, on May 29 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

Lmfao

Confirmed. Mediocre.

I can use all mechs and hover around 2300

This simply proves my point about your abilities given dodge
And you have probably over 1000 hours of playing while I'm 40. Only the posts you have 1700 (1000 hours over the forum). Please do not blame me for not being a no life like you.The community of this game has no strong opinion and so the game did not have the correct feedback and ended up in this depressing state which is begging to have 1000 players online. Sad.

Edited by Gruncor, May 29 2013 - 03:06 PM.

#53 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:15 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

First I do not play with players 'high level' due to my rate. I am also much more benefited than harmed by dodge. I claim as my fellow clan only one still playing and he said it will stop. This game has not reached even 10% of the target's pubic target and this is very bad and even more when he is in need of a F2P player base to remain extremely high.

Listen buddy I am not here trying to insult you I am trying to help you. I don't know how anyone knows what Hawkens target market quota is considering its in beta and has no advertising, but thats not important right now. Anyway idk exactly what is causing a problem since I'm having a hard time figuring out your point here.

Here is the thing. Dodge is an essential mechanic to the game and it has been tweaked quite a bit over a long range in time. It has actually gotten to a pretty good place recently and players who are on here telling you this have experienced its changes over time. Anyway your entitled to your opinion so good day to you sir.

Posted Image

#54 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on May 29 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 02:58 PM, said:

Listen buddy I am not here trying to insult you I am trying to help you. I don't know how anyone knows what Hawkens target market quota is considering its in beta and has no advertising, but thats not important right now. Anyway idk exactly what is causing a problem since I'm having a hard time figuring out your point here.

Here is the thing. Dodge is an essential mechanic to the game and it has been tweaked quite a bit over a long range in time. It has actually gotten to a pretty good place recently and players who are on here telling you this have experienced its changes over time. Anyway your entitled to your opinion so good day to you sir.
And the forecast of 10 million gamers based on downloading the open beta start_ Where have all the players_ Because so many players who downloaded the game and left him_
The Devs game based on the feedback of the community and veteran game is going badly just because they despise the opinion of beginners. Good work veterans. Managed to make a game in open beta stick with the same number of F2P players bankrupt. GOOD JOB!! This game already has ads on facebook and through Nvidia and has also had articles in magazines and famous sites such as Forbes. Please do not say that the game is unknown.
When a rookie appears to give an unbiased feedback is treated like garbage. Very sensible indeed. Enjoy the game weak that you helped to create.

Edited by Gruncor, May 29 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#55 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:25 PM

Gruncor, you have yet to connect your claim that the dodge is responsible for a low population to any evidence.
You've stated a few number and voiced your opinion, but you've done absolutely nothing to connect the two.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#56 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 29 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Gruncor, you have yet to connect your claim that the dodge is responsible for a low population to any evidence.
You've stated a few number and voiced your opinion, but you've done absolutely nothing to connect the two.
Most players who downloaded the game did not like the combat system fast. My friends did not like it and have already left. I am now the only one still playing Hawken.
I asked each of them because they stopped playing and everyone said that the fighting game are nothing attractive for those who are novice to be very fast (mainly because of dodges row). Simple. I'm just getting used to it because I spent a good time, but most players do not have patience with this game and simply leaves.
My friends are no different from millions of other players who have stopped playing Hawken and most of them did not like the game, then the game is really bad to please novice players despite having a lot of potential.

#57 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:39 PM

He's making the point that his opinion is the correct one because it's his opinion.  I for one am glad to know that making a slow-paced game ensures financial success.

TBH, any claims concerning difficulty are largely addressed by the low- and mid-level server groups.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#58 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostNept, on May 29 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

I for one am glad to know that making a slow-paced game ensures financial success.

The Call of Duty franchise is a great example of that.

Posted Image

#59 Gruncor

Gruncor

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:44 PM

View PostNept, on May 29 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

He's making the point that his opinion is the correct one because it's his opinion.  I for one am glad to know that making a slow-paced game ensures financial success.

TBH, any claims concerning difficulty are largely addressed by the low- and mid-level server groups.
And listening to the veterans the game is doing successfully predicted_ The success of world of tanks came from the correct feedback from the community, but here I've seen that most players support the devs and forget that the game is in Beta and should try all possible changes before launch, especially the low number of players who are actually playing. Keep thinking that Veterans will keep this game alive after he is released.

#60 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted May 29 2013 - 03:54 PM

View PostGruncor, on May 29 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Most players who downloaded the game did not like the combat system fast.
Can I see the evidence that backs this claim_

My friends did not like it and have already left. I am now the only one still playing Hawken.
I asked each of them because they stopped playing and everyone said that the fighting game are nothing attractive for those who are novice to be very fast (mainly because of dodges row). Simple. I'm just getting used to it because I spent a good time, but most players do not have patience with this game and simply leaves.
Like I asked in the other thread, how long did your friends play_ That matters.
Did they actually take time to learn how the game works, or did they give up out of frustration before then_

My friends are no different from millions of other players who have stopped playing Hawken and most of them did not like the game, then the game is really bad to please novice players despite having a lot of potential.
First off, I'd like proof that your friends are no different than millions of other players.
Secondly, proof that these millions of other players have quit the game for the reasons you claim.
Lastly, I'd like proof that literally millions of players have stopped playing Hawken.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users