HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Nerf the bruiser!!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts
  • LocationIn the thick of 8;;8

Posted May 31 2013 - 08:10 PM

Nerf the Bruiser_ How about NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Posted Image

Sure, I can dominate in my Bruiser. But only in Team Deathmatch, on either Frontline or Bazaar, an even then I only dominate on assists. But if I try to get into a duel, especially on Prosk, or against a Type-A mech, then I am completely screwed. So it is completely situational as to where it is useful.

I am still of the opinion that replacing the SMC with a burst damage weapon, like the HEAT Cannon, would make the mech better in more situations. I also think that the REV-GL could be a good partner to the Hellfires, but I may also just be crazy.

Otherwise, the Hellfires still need some work to make them more useful. And the Damage Absorb ability seems like it could use a buff as well.
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#42 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 01 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 31 2013 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostBeemann, on May 31 2013 - 04:40 PM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on May 31 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Edit: It's like if your oponent's skill should be raised to the second power for Bruiser to stay competetive
But you can't, because the skill/effort you can put into it caps out way too low... which is why the Bruiser becomes more and more rare as you get into higher end games. Hellfires have very little player input on the part of the shooter, and adding sustained fire weapons to that basically creates a black hole of under-powered worthlessness.
I'd say their usefulness also drops exponentially the more people are involved in a fight, due to their control issues.
The only solution i see here is Hellfire dumbfire impovement: get rid of launch delay, increase rockets start speed aaand.. maybe something else. Cause the thing here is that you can win CQC duels using dumbfire but right now it's just too risky and hard to perform.

Posted Image

#43 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 01:01 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 31 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostFlapjacks, on May 31 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 31 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

May I ask, what's your MMR ranking_

Also, the Vulcan is not the highest DPS weapon in the game. That title goes to the Mini-Flak.

1.5k or something_

And I said Highest AUTOMATIC DPS weapon
So you're a completely average player at best. And how long have you been playing_

Protip: Miniflak is automatic.
  PROTIP: actually mini flak would be most likely considered semi-automatic. the shots have a small pause in between. a bigger one then automatic weapons.  also miniflak is a shotgun. shotguns are semi or repeaters.:)

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#44 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 01 2013 - 01:35 PM

View PostBazookagofer, on June 01 2013 - 01:01 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 31 2013 - 11:02 AM, said:

View PostFlapjacks, on May 31 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on May 31 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

May I ask, what's your MMR ranking_

Also, the Vulcan is not the highest DPS weapon in the game. That title goes to the Mini-Flak.

1.5k or something_

And I said Highest AUTOMATIC DPS weapon
So you're a completely average player at best. And how long have you been playing_

Protip: Miniflak is automatic.
  PROTIP: actually mini flak would be most likely considered semi-automatic. the shots have a small pause in between. a bigger one then automatic weapons.  also miniflak is a shotgun. shotguns are semi or repeaters. :)
Protip: Learn the difference between what makes a weapon automatic and semi-automatic.
A automatic weapon will fire as long as you hold down the trigger, while a semi-automatic weapon requires that you pull the trigger again before it will fire. The delay in between shots has nothing to do with whether or not a weapon is automatic or semi-automatic.

Fun Fact: Did you know that most weapons in Hawken are automatic_ This includes weapons like the Sharpshooters Sabot Rifle or the Flak Cannon.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#45 Silk_Sk

Silk_Sk

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 01:50 PM

View PostFlapjacks, on May 31 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

They are good in every game type and have virtually no weaknesses.

Okay, I know I'm late to the party but
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 01 2013 - 01:54 PM

View PostSilk_Sk, on June 01 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

View PostFlapjacks, on May 31 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:

They are good in every game type and have virtually no weaknesses.

Okay, I know I'm late to the party but
Posted Image
It's never too late for a pony to show up :D

Posted Image

#47 Duralumi

Duralumi

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts

Posted June 01 2013 - 03:44 PM

Why do all Bruiser pilots fight exactly the same_
They all hold down the jump button the second they enter mid/short-range combat.

This isn't exclusive to Bruiser pilots though; Lots of people do it.

Edited by Duralumi, June 01 2013 - 03:44 PM.

After disabling signatures I found my forum-browsing experience had improved marginally.

#48 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 01 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostDuralumi, on June 01 2013 - 03:44 PM, said:

Why do all Bruiser pilots fight exactly the same_
They all hold down the jump button the second they enter mid/short-range combat.

This isn't exclusive to Bruiser pilots though; Lots of people do it.
Stop playing in low-rank servers.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#49 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted June 01 2013 - 05:46 PM

View PostTheVulong, on June 01 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

The only solution i see here is Hellfire dumbfire impovement: get rid of launch delay, increase rockets start speed aaand.. maybe something else. Cause the thing here is that you can win CQC duels using dumbfire but right now it's just too risky and hard to perform.
Honestly the best solution is to give players more control over where the rockets go, rather than just doing the current lock-on business. If you`ll note, none of the weapons that allow players to directly control where the shot goes/detonates have the issues that the Hellfires do. Having some level of agency after the mouse buttons are clicked would go a long way in terms of increasing the effectiveness of the weapon in high end
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#50 draco7891

draco7891

El Tigre

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • LocationCA, USA

Posted June 01 2013 - 10:00 PM

Maybe it's like an unsigned integer, and if it gets nerfed hard enough, it will roll over and become really good_

Moar nerf plox.

Draco

#51 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 01:09 AM

The only nerf that I would accept on the Bruiser would be to replace the Hellfires with the Triple Strike.

Posted Image

Of course, then it would be unstoppable, so that may not be a good idea after all. :D
Always on the move / My trigger finger itches / If it moves, shoot it!  Posted Image8;;8

#52 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 01:17 AM

View PostBeemann, on June 01 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on June 01 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

Honestly the best solution is to give players more control over where the rockets go, rather than just doing the current lock-on business. If you`ll note, none of the weapons that allow players to directly control where the shot goes/detonates have the issues that the Hellfires do. Having some level of agency after the mouse buttons are clicked would go a long way in terms of increasing the effectiveness of the weapon in high end
The only way i see in giving players more control over the rockets is the adjustable by lock-on homing strengh. Like that: 30% lock - soft homing strength, 50-60% lock - medium homing strength, 100% lock - max homing strength (like now). Combine that with my dumbfire suggestion and Hellfire will be fixed IMO.

Posted Image

#53 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:06 AM

View PostTheVulong, on June 02 2013 - 01:17 AM, said:

The only way i see in giving players more control over the rockets is the adjustable by lock-on homing strengh.
Now this might sound absolutely insane, but alternatively you could give them actual control over the missiles.

AJK is right

#54 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:18 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 02 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

The only way i see in giving players more control over the rockets is the adjustable by lock-on homing strengh.
Now this might sound absolutely insane, but alternatively you could give them actual control over the missiles.
You mean like.. mouse guiding or maybe Redeemer's 1st person vision from Unreal_

Posted Image

#55 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:26 AM

View PostTheVulong, on June 02 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

You mean like.. mouse guiding or maybe Redeemer's 1st person vision from Unreal_
Yep.

AJK is right

#56 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:42 AM

View PostBeemann, on June 01 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

Would actually love to see laser-guided missiles.  Having real-time control over their flight path might get me using the things once in awhile.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#57 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 03:44 AM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on June 02 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

View PostTheVulong, on June 02 2013 - 03:18 AM, said:

Yep.
Well, that is an option but i see two issues here:
-One the one hand, that kind of control may cause birth of a curse worse than campers: tons of Bruisers spamming rockets from a safe place.
-On the other hand, your feature won't solve the CQC side of Hellfire.

Edited by TheVulong, June 02 2013 - 03:47 AM.

Posted Image

#58 Teljaxx

Teljaxx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted June 02 2013 - 05:00 AM

How about making the Hellfires a dual mode weapon like the Corsair_ One mode is homing. Hold the fire button to start seeking targets, then release once a target has been locked to fire homing missiles. This could possibly allow multiple targets to be locked by sweeping the crosshairs over multiple mechs before firing. The other mode fires laser guided missiles that follow the crosshair.

This would keep the current functionality, along with adding a much higher skill function to the launcher for those who learn how to guide the missiles properly.

And if this does not work, then swapping for the Triple Strike is the only other option.

#59 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 05:20 AM

Edit:doublepost.

Edited by TheVulong, June 02 2013 - 05:31 AM.

Posted Image

#60 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted June 02 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostTeljaxx, on June 02 2013 - 05:00 AM, said:

How about making the Hellfires a dual mode weapon like the Corsair_ One mode is homing. Hold the fire button to start seeking targets, then release once a target has been locked to fire homing missiles. This could possibly allow multiple targets to be locked by sweeping the crosshairs over multiple mechs before firing. The other mode fires laser guided missiles that follow the crosshair.

This would keep the current functionality, along with adding a much higher skill function to the launcher for those who learn how to guide the missiles properly.

And if this does not work, then swapping for the Triple Strike is the only other option.
Well, with all these suggestions we're just making Hellfire more complex. It'current functional is OK if you ask me. In the meantime Bruiser's CQC viability is what we actually should focus at.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users