HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Mechs and their Counter Strategies

Beta Community Forum Game

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:14 PM

Hello and in this thread, you will learn about mechs and their counter strategies (How to Effectively Kill them). I am AYellowMinion (Thanks Captain Obvious) and I do know that there is “Saturnine's Guide to the Classes” and there is also a Hawken Tips and Tricks thead but I don’t see something more focused on this subject.

(I mean no offense in any sort of way, I apologize in advance)  

Let's Begin.

Intro

Throughout my entire career in HAWKEN or gaming in general, there's always a "PLAN" or something of the similar right_ Theres always a strategy or certain way to do something, when you have snipers camping, one plan would to be to sneak up behind them right_ ( "fuzzy bunny please I just counter sniper or charge their positions" ) Now you can do it like that but in the end, it’s a strategy or a plan right_ (If you don't fully understand, The "Tips and Tricks" thread is already a "Plan" all the info in that single thread is a foundation, a protocol, a Triple R (Retreat, Re-assess, Re-engage) Right_

Let's Refocus shall we_ (I'm writing like this to avoid a big fat wall o text o)

In this thread, you will learn the weakness of every single mech and learn how to use it to your advantage (It's not entirely accurate of course because EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN PLAY STYLE but there are some things that can’t change)
While reading this please keep in mind that everyone is different and that this is what I have soley observed, if you want to add/challenge/berate/hate/anything of the similiar, Please do make a post and share with everyone.

A CLASSES

This group is the most agile and most deadly class (In the right hands of course), You see a lot of Berserkers, Infiltrators, Scouts in games right_ This is why we're gonna do this class first, the A Class is a High Burst/Damage, Squishy Mech that can murder you in an instant but also can be “discouraged” very easily. BIG NOTE - Discouraged = Since they are very squishy a simple TOW rocket can get them running scared and make them go repair, (Sharp Shooter double shot which is the Sabot and Slug on any A Class will drop them to atleast 50% health)

Let's start off with the INFILTRATOR which I like to call "The mech that shoots around corners" why_ because its unique weapons allow it to "shoot around corners" (Info Tip; There are 3 types of weapons in this game - CHARGE / DELAY and INSTANT, INSTANT is like your average assault rifle, you fire, and where you aim is where it hits, simple eh_ The DELAY is like the grenade launcher = bounce, bounce, boom OR EOC REPEATER = Land, delay, delay, pop like chinese firecracker and finally CHARGE which is like the HEAT CANNON or the T-32 Bolt Shotgun.

INFILTRATOR WEAPONS

Ability - Cloak = vanishes from both radar and view for a few seconds. (Note,  it takes like 3 seconds for it to fully vanish from radar and view, so you have to use your radar and your cat like reflexes to go (if possible) kill this guy.

Permanent  = Grenade Laucher ("O_O, HE'S BACK, LORD VOLDEMO- err... LORD MECH THAT SHOOTS AROUND CORNERS IS BACK, HE'S BACK") This weapon (Velocity Based) has a slight delay in exploding but can be manually detonated (Very Versitile) so you can bounce around walls or lay it like a mine and go around the corner while your enemy follows (And what happens next_).

Very deadly weapon with good kiting/juking damage, one tactic that I use is to jump over or simply jump and get as far as its blast radius as possible (Don't fly over it because you're a sitting duck in midair).

CHANGEABLE WEAPONS

Assault Rifle = Instant, simple and doesn't need much of an explanation rather than stay out of its bang bang range (Yes I'm going there and no i'm not leaving)

Heat Cannon = OK, SHIZZS GUN GO DOWN TONIGHT. The heat cannon is a 100% accurate INSTANT/DELAY weapon (I say delay because it takes .01111 seconds for it to launch). It is EXPLOSIVE AND IT CAN SHOOT AROUND CORNERS BECAUSE OF ITS AKWARD DELAY. BIG NOTE, (it is 100% accurate so therefore, if the crosshair is not on you, you wont get hit (much) consider that some have high sensitivity or suck at aiming (no offense) (Do not forget that it is explosive).  

EOC Repeater = The choice of pros, this weapon, if used properly, is very OP, it is a DELAY Weapon. Does a fairly large amount of damage and doubles as a Mine if it doesn't hit you. Be Warned, Best way to counter this weapon is to take note of the general location of where the pucks struck, would be smart to do a Triple R  Never forget the TRIPLE R - Retreat, Re-assess, Re-engage

Big Note = You should learn to trust the radar and the enviorment you are in, use it to your advantage and you’ll be able to see all around you while looking in one direction.

How to counter the Infiltrator

I'm gonna be frank and say that the infiltrator can engage you at just about any range. BUT that doesn't that its unkillable, The most common and basic tactic that is used by every single person is called "Leading the target" Now for me, there's two meanings here, one is to aim ahead of the target and your bullet will intercept him (Use This) / and the other is a definition in dancing, Lead the Target/Person. Now for some of you, you just went like http://i.imgur.com/UmpOi.gif   and others went more like http://cdn0.dailydot...3288278c8b2.jpg

MORE EXPLAINING = Every 1v1 you do, you go back and forth dashing and stuff and espically when there's cover between you two, you dash one side and another until one dies (usaully) whoever is being led/following the other guy trying to get a bead on him is BEING LED, the guy who is waiting one second then firing a TOW across from him is the guy leading the "dance", You wanna be this guy, this guy controls the dance, controls the game and most likely, the outcome.

"What if I'm being led_"
Then you break the repeated cycle and either PAUSE and take the lead, Boost forward and get in for a "Kiss of death" or TRIPLE R.

Now its not easy and you think this tactic is stupid but the Infil is specifically designed for this kind of thing, REMEMBER THE GRENADE LAUNCHER, bounce, bounce, boom The delay in the GR allows you walk over it or get close enough for some decent damage to be dealt. (remember why I reccommended the jumping_) You need to Lead the dance and take over, the rest is up to you to kill the enemy. It's not easy but I play by watching my radar more than I watch my screen, the screen is only for aiming purposes, every time I shoot I look at my radar to TRIPLE R.

This is the basis for almost All the Classes, Leading the target is your most basic gaming rule.

ON TO THE SCOUT!

SCOUT

Ability - Fuel Recharge, its basically like having 2 full fuel charges. This can cause the scout to outrun you BUT he might do it in a straight line.

Permanent Weapon = TOW Launcher (The iconic twirl in a vortex leaving a cloud while heading towards its target).   The TOW launcher is a kinda straight firing Rocket launcher. it doesn’t really home in and it does moderate damage. Overall its an instant and straight forward weapon. Always dodge this weapon...preferably

Changeable Weapons

Mini Flak Cannon = Rapid Firing shotgun similiar to that of an AA-12 in action. Due to recent patches, its buffer than The Rock flexing his muscles. Its an Instant weapon but in a shotgun form with somewhat limited range (no durr) Simple yet deadly. There are 2 ways to use this weapon. Keep a constant bead on the enemy, peppering him with shells OR a few shots, dodge and fire a few more. Either way, You need to adjust between those two.

Flak Cannon = Big brother of the Mini, this cannon is your true shotgun, slower fire rate and shorter range, this gun packs a bigger punch and makes people run when they get hit with a single shot. Always track the distance between you and your target, don’t be too close. This is an Instant weapon and is one of the top weapons in a “Kiss of Death” and in leading targets -> pop in -> fire -> pop out -> repeat.  

This gun is my favorite due to its ability to pop in and pop out rather than keep a bead on my target with the Mini Flak - I prefer Instant Burst rather than Damage Over Time

Heat Cannon = I think we’ve already explained this but in a shortened version its instant, explosive and 100% accurate.

How to Counter the Scout

The scout is purely a close to medium range mech (only thing that makes it a medium is the TOW and Mini Flak). Always assess the scouts weapons, its range can vary due to its weapons so you have to plan accordingly for close, medium and long range encounters. BIG NOTE = If they have long range then close range would be reccommended, Close range can be usaully defeated with Medium range (YES MEDIUM because the range on long requires weapons that only the SS or Reaper have. you are much better off fighting medium and NOT CLOSE because thats his territory.) and medium range can be defeated with all 3 ranges.

Mini Flak Counter
Remember when I said that using the mini flak, you kinda have to keep a bead on the target_ Well if you put some cover between you too and pop in and pop out, your burst damage would be better than his damage over time (don’t forget he has a rocket so he has some burst damage too).

Flak Cannon Counter
Pure Burst Damage and high close range killability so we stay at medium range, the thing is that he needs to get in close to do some real damage so he’s gonna risk wasting both fuel and health just to get to you. He goes to you not you follow him, (Lead the dance) (You just need to dodge his rockets, Long Range people = He’s just gonna run away and make you go to him)

Heat Cannon Counter
“Now this is one tough cookie to crack because its stale as all hell, WHO PUTS COOKIES IN A STORAGE CLOSET_” “What do you mean we’re live_” “Is the camera rolli- Hi Folks and lets continue on this guide and away from my bad attempts at being funny” (#foreveralone #butitsstillsomething)

OK, seriously now, in the hands of pros, this is a hard weapon to counter. Its explosive, 100% accurate and is perfect in Leading dances. What I suggest is to just outright charge the guy and dodge along the way. The heat cannon is a slow weapon that is easy to dodge (unless he aims at your feet) So you need to make him panic and mess up right_ good luck bro.

NEXT OFF IS THE BERSEKREREREEKRKEKEKRKEERREKREKKRR

Berserker

Ability = Extra Damage for a few seconds, this abilty can really burst you down so you should really learn to dodge those tow rockets and stay moving so he can’t get a bead on you.

Overall View

This mech is the A class of the CR-T recruit so it has all the weapons and the practically the same feel, All weapons are Instant with 1 charge weapon - Point D Vulcan Cannon - Minigun.

Overall this mech is alot more agile and smaller.

How to Counter, This mech can work on all ranges so it can be killed on all ranges, What insist is that you DODGE the TOW rockets to the best of your abiltity. Beware, this little mech is mobile as all hell so you have to plan every move and always lead him.

Next will be the Reaper

Reaper

Ability - Increase in accuracy for a short duration. Now this is probably the most underrated ability in the game, when I played Hawken I had to use the mouse wheel to scroll in and I hated it. But that was before, I have a different mouse now with thumb buttons that allows for easy scroll in and scroll out ( I use a Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse, my best decision in Mice) But in any case, I never used zoom when I played this mech so I noscoped EVERYTHING, the KE Sabot is one accurate gun withou this ability but when someones running away I activate, aim and recieve a kill. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THIS ABILITY OR THIS MECH.

Permanent Weapons = KE SABOT - A less powerful version of the SABOT rifle, more firerate but less Damage and stuff. This weapon is undeniably accurate with and without the zoom and deals a decent amount of damage. It is an instant weapon and if you’ve played the SS if feels like your walking on clouds with this thing.

Changeable Weapons

AM SAR - A rapid fire semi auto gun, this thing is extremely accurate a deals a consistent amount of damage. (Kinda useless in Close ranges - Advantage) Instant with low Heat generation, usefull in bullet exchanges with people that stay back (medium - Long range)

THE RIPPER - Rapid firing Hawkins that have shorter range and more damage. This works well with your Permanent due to its Close - medium range and long range when using your ability (BEWARE this weapon allows the enemy to engage at almost any range) This weapon is a consistent Damage that will surprise you when you’re not paying attention.

I use this weapon because it allows me to engage at any range (ability) and isn’t so punishing when I miss a round... or two... or two hundred >.>

Slug Rifle
Now in my personal opinion, I dont see the point of this weapon (much). The Reaper is an Agile front line sniper and since its on the front line it should have a mini flak cannon or something, not a long range killer. The ability pars well with this and this allows the mech to double shot and cause lots of damage, it is also 99% accurate so people are able to engage from medium range to long range with this gun.

How to Counter the Reaper

AM SAR or SLUG RIFLE = Can engage from medium range to long range - make him panic at close range, since the weapons are extremely accurate, use cover and keep on moving. Should you have medium range weapons I advise you to be more accurate or more twitchy.

The Ripper = Now this is somewhat of a problem and my answer would be that you keep close to medium range over long. The reason why is because of the The Ripper’s constant damage (Not bursty but constant) this means he is slowly wearing you down rather than bursting you in chunks, you just need to keep a higher damage output than he is and you should win. (dodge to avoide KE SABOT rounds)

NEXT IS THE TECHNICIAN

Technician

Ability = Supa heal, heal faster for both you and others, can be seen when the ray turns green instead of yellow. Also increases vamparic speed when in the red ray of death.

Permanent Weapon - Its Helix Torch AKA “Life and Death” when in Life mode - heal others and you, when in death mode - damages you and heals the other guy. Simple stuff eh_

Changeable Weapons

Redox - This gun is a debuff gun, when hit with it you take more damage for a few seconds. Can be seen affected when you see these blue electrical sparkles around your cockpit. Can be very annoying and lead to a quick death (try to TRIPLE R when hit with these.

The Ripper - I just explained this but on this mech, this weapon is only good in Medium ranges or Close ranges. Long range is no longer an option and the cannon can lead to quick overheating. Make them hold down their mouse buttons and miss their shots.

How to counter the Technician

Sadly the technician is no longer a mech that can kill (Believe it or not I got my quadra Kill with the technician before the updates and my best kill streak on that mech was 19) With the new updates, this mech was greatly nerfed but that doesnt mean it cant kill you. Don’t underestimate its low health, the most efficient way to kill this mech would to be to burst it down rather than to do damage over time ( Remember the Vamparic ray). The Tech is your main focus in fights unless someone is withing Burst Killing range. Stay away from techs, they hurt.

WHOO WE FINISHED THE A CLASSES PEOPLE, NEXT UP IS THE C CLASSES

Edited by AYellowMinion, July 24 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Our bunny who art thou in Illal, Hallowed by thy Cr-T Cockpit, / Your Rocket Comes, Your kill confirmed, / Give us this day our daily Assault Rifle Fire, /  And forgive us for KSing our teammates, As we have forgiven our fellow Techs for not healing us,  /
And do not lead us into High Rating Games, / But deliver us from dying from that one bullet,  / For your's is the Battlefield, and the Level 25 Mechs and the 25+ Kill Streak. / Fuzzy Bunny.

#2 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:15 PM

C Classes
This group is classified as the Tanky group. Now since they are tanky it doesn’t mean they can’t dish out some ceral damage or are the easiest people to kill. I have fought against C classes and in turret mode, they are extremely dangerous at a range, but when im in the zone and in their faces, they can’t even see me. But when they are not in turret mode, I admit I run for the hills because their extra health gives them the extra time to line up a shot unlike me and my A Class mechs which have to keep mobile or die. I’m pretty sure you heard of the Brawler Mech AKA The Fat Ninja. Do not underestimate the C Classes for they will sit on you like your pet does. BIG NOTE - All C Classes must be worn down to a point before being killed, no matter how good you are, the trade off when tackling a fully healed C Class is not really worth it.

Let’s begin with the Brawler AKA The Fat Ninja

Brawler - “He glides gracefully over the floor, Gliding with every step and planning his twirl and twist with perfect efficiency. He does not bump into people nor does he make a single sound, he does not rock the floor with thunderous steps but glides swiftly and quietly to his objective...” - Spectator - Watching a Fat Guy cross the floor trying to get to the desert bar. (I’m sorry but I had too)

Ability - Turret Mode V3 - Regenerates health slowly in turret mode (doesn’t make much of a difference in constant combat but in short bursts/skirmishes of combat, you’ll find that the Brawler is always near maximum health. Big Note - DO NOT RUSH TRYING TO KILL THIS GUY, you can whittle him down (Remember Constant combat is his weakness not Short Bursts of Combat, Triple R is nessacary).

Permanent Weapons - Tow Launcher, we’ve explained this before but to summarize its a simple instant weapon that does moderate damage. Dodging this weapon is highly encouraged since it is a high burst weapon.

Changeable Weapons

SA Hawkins - Rapid Fire Weapon that deals a moderate damage at medium long range, a decent weapon in turret mode when used in conjunction with the tow launcher, keeps people at bay But kinda falters in CLOSE COMBAT.

Flak Cannon - Slow High damage High burst Shotgun that Deals massive damage at close ranges. Tow launcher can work at almost any range, dodge the TOW and you can deal with the Brawler at medium - long range. DO NOT FOLLOW THE BRAWLER UNLESS HE IS IN FULL RETREAT because “It’s a trap!” - Admiral Ackbar. Always remember that he can burst you down and possibly live to tell the tale. Approach Carefully.

Heat Cannon
Gonna sumarize because we did the Heat cannon and if you don’t wanna read that then here is a summary. 100% accurate, explosive (Note that), Instant/Delay weapon, Shoot around corners, Prefer engagement at Close range.

How to Counter the Brawler
The Brawler like all C Classes, takes consistent combat in order to kill. you have to whittle him down in order to kill him, the major tradeoff is that its slower but tankier (Not all C Class players are slow, alot are quite graceful and agile, BEWARE and Never Underestimate your opponent) So your fight is like doing a Boss fight in dark souls, it takes persistency rather than rushing to finish. You must be paitent and consistent, fight smart and plan long term combat (though this is not usaully the case, I always think i’m going lone wolf rather than team player because it can all come down to Lone Wolf style survival.)

If he has an SA Hawkins - Close range
Turret mode regardless of weapon - Close range
Flak Cannon (non turret) - Medium range... preferably
Heat Cannon - medium - Close range with lots of mobility.

Next up is the Rocketerrrerererrererreereer pewpewpewpew

Rocketeer

Ability - Turret Mode V2, this version allows the mech to be more mobile than the others, as if the rocketeer never lost his speed he just changed forms. IMO, Kinda useless but I wouldn’t know, overall just whittle him down.

Permanent Weapons - HELL FIRE MISSLES, maybe I wasnt loud enough... HELL FIRE MISSLES BRO, MISSLES THAT HAVE THE POWER OF THE HELL FIRE. Okay I’ll stop now, but seriously, These things are crazy bursty. Lets have a brief overview, They can LOCK ON, Come in mass waves and do a ton of damage. Tradeoff_ hiding under a piece of cover automatically makes this weapon null and void, This weapon is a Delay instant weapon (Delay because it takes a second to unleash the full load, instant because it goes where its told to...kinda) This weapon is only useful at medium to Long ranges (With Lockon) At close to medium ranges, YOU MUST BE EITHER LUCKY OR A MASTER at free firing in order to hit you with a load.  

Let’s move on shall we_

Changeable Weapons

Seeker Missle - A decently op weapon, if the crosshair is over you when the guy fires, it locks on to you, this weapon has a good firerate for a consistent supression. At close range, it is more risky to you since it has splash damage and that can affect both of you (Never forget about the hellfire - massive area saturation) Does a decent amount of damage, just be careful when fighting at length.

EOC Repeater - We did EOC Repeater back in Infil so were gonna summarize, this weapon is a Delay weapon, its rounds double as a Mine and you must have decent enviroment awareness in order to counter this. Prefer you go close range but don’t follow him because he can lay a minefield that you have trouble getting out of = “HELLFIRE LOCK ON” “FIRE AT WILL” - gg wp

Heat Cannon
We just did the heat cannon and we’re gonna do it again because your’re all lazy at reading e_e. 100% Accurate, Explosive, Instant/delay Weapon, cookies, prefer engagement at close range (beware of the explosive damage. Jumping reccommended to avoid the explosion)

Lets move on to the final C Class - GRENADIER

Grenadier

Ablilty - Turret Mode V1- this is my most liked turret mode, it does increase damaged and increased tankyness in exchange for mobility. Since im a Grenadier, i’m gonna blow the fuzzy bunny outta that position, postions love explosions. For me its more of a camping mech but that doesn’t mean you cant go mobile. It makes people run away because wimps can’t deal with explosion

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

Deal with it...

Permanent Weapons - Grenade Launcher - Now If I remember correctly we discussed this demonic weapon in the Infiltrator section, So let’s summarize to the best of our ability shall we_
Always remember the rule about grenade launchers - bounce bounce BOOM, so theres always that slight pause, it allows it to get at certain angles and places like the REV GL. it also deals high damage and can be manually detonated as usaul. Reccomadation = Jump if you have the room, you can’t always escape but you can always minimize the damage right_

Changeable Weapons

Rev GL - Now this weapon lives up to the mechs description = “Dispersion of enemy formations” The constant bombarding of the mini grenades is the most annoying thing to ever exist on this planet, add that with the turret mode effects and this thing will seriously annoy you. But its a delay weapon that is used in long ranges, so what do we do_ Like a camping sniper, we sneak up on this guy and give him the FORCE OF THE HELL FIRE MISSLES if you have any of course, but if you don’t then feel free to unleash whatever you got, at close range, the only weapon that is useful in open combat would be the grenade launcher. If your in tight spaces then you must be careful because the grenades bounce and can effectively hit you.

Heat Cannon - We just did this, wtf guys, WHY YOU HAVE SO MANY HEAT CANNONS_ WAI, FOR THE LOVE OF WASABI, WAI Y DO DIS_ (屮゚Д゚)屮 . Lets get this over with. 100% accurate, explosive, cookie, potato. engage at close range preferred.

Point D Vulcan - Charge weapon, minigun, close range, requires constant bead on enemy, avoid close range and tight quarters, stay in the open. Simple yet deadly (mind the range)

How to counter the Grenadier
It’s pretty straight forward, if the guy has the rev gl on, you go in close and make him panic. if he has anything else, you stay at lengh (your judgement) and whittle him down to a smoldering husk.

Now, I’m going to do the Vanguard, but I have very rarely fought this mech and I have never played it. Nevertheless, i’m going to write about it, thank you hawken game guide for providing me the details.

Vanguad Cupcake

Ability - Turret v1 (same as the grenadier) increased damage and armor, decreases mobility. kinda awkard on this mech but it is dubbed “Vanguard”. Can’t complain much.

Permanent Weapons - Grenade Launcher - Overview - Bounce bounce boom, shoots around corners, can be used as a mine, High burst damage, can be manually detonated. Reccomend being very cautious.

Changeable Weapons

Sub Machine Gun -  A new weapon to talk about today. The submachine gun does less damage and fires at a shorter range, Instant weapon, Low heat generation and faster fire rates makes this weapon a suppression weapon that isn’t too punishing when you miss. Close to medium range Would suggest you engage at medium range with this weapon, its a low damage weapon that is consistent rather than burst. (Worry about the grenade launcher more)

Mini Flak Cannon - Close - Medium range Shotgun, rapid firing like an AA-12, consistent breakdown damage. Need to keep a bead on target or use it in bursts, the second choice makes fights longer.

Point D Cannon - Charge weapon, minigun, close range decimation, requires constant bead on target in order for it to hit. Can easily be avoided by keeping distance or putting cover between you and that guy.

How to counter the Vanguard
As the name implies, the vanguard is tanky and upfront, it’s weapons mainly consist of close - medium range and its extremely tanky. As with all C Classes = wear them down then execute them. So overall, keep your distance but if your an agile pilot I would reccommend you going in close.

WOO WERE DONE WITH THE SUMOS, OUR LAST WILL BE THE B CLASSES.

B Classes
The B Classes are the middle ground between A Classes and C Classes, The Hawken classes are like a medieval army = C Classes = Vanguard (Front Line, first Strike) / B Classes = Knights (moderate damage and armor, they are your average fighters) / A Classes = Archers (easy to kill and light, they have some amazing burst damage). When you take on a B class, you should always analyze what the class is and the weapons it has, then TRIPLE R when nessacary, The fight is going to last shorter than that of all the classes because they lack some mobility and are decently fatter targets. Overall, the only trouble you should have when fighting these guys is their tankyness or an expert pilot is using them.

Lets begin with the SS

SharpShooters

Ability - SUPA DAMAGE, yes just like the berserkerekrerkekrkekrkekrkekrkrkrkkrrrr, the mech allows more damage per shot, but the ability only lasts for about 2-3 seconds which means about 2-3 shots. Great burst damage when hit, this is the best “Discouragement” tactic to use on A Classes.

Permanent Weapons - SABOT RIFLE - This weapon is like a .50 Cal rifle, high damage, but you can’t rapid fire it, so you need to pace your shots. When hit, hits like a truck, out of all the SS i’ve seen, i’ve fought against only about 12 front line SS (not counting reapers). This weapon requires the user to zoom in because its extremely inacurate at close ranges (I’ve tried it, Front line ss is almost impossible) At close range, only useful at point blank so stay close and stay agile.

Changeable Weapons (All Instant)

SA HAWKINS - Rapid fire cannons, useful at medium range, consistent damage, doesn’t help...much.

SLUG RIFLE - Faster rifle that still hits like a truck, alomst 100% accurate, useful medium to long ranges. Close ranges = every shot counts, stay agile and become a blur.

AM SAR - semi automatic rifle, useful at medium to long ranges, at close ranges = every shot counts. Pretty simple.

Overall View and how to counter
Sneak up on these guys, they should be relatively easy to kill, if you can’t get to him, keep him supressed, sniper hate taking damage a consistent wave of fire will keep him scared. Bull rushing also works too.

Next up will be the Raider.

Raider

Ability - BLITZKREIG HEIL FUZZY BUNNY - as the name implies, the ability allows the mech to move quicker and shoot while boosting. the one thing is that while boosting, you make wide turns. counter - put cover between you and him and move around corners, make sharp turns and lure him into a hail of fire.

Permanent Weapons - Corsair KLA - This weapon changes into 2 types, a Mirv Grenade (velocity weapons) that explodes on impact (cannot be controlled, once its fired, its fired, where it lands is where it lands) (explosive) OR it turns into an explosive shotgun (Very limited range) Either way, they are both HIGH Burst and both are fit for close range. Stay away from optimal range, you might have to wear him down then execute him. (Instant Weapons)

Changeable Weapons

Reflak shotgun - Rapid firing shotgun that can bounce off walls allowing the user to shoot at an angle. Good for close quarters. Does a small - medium damage, close range because it’s a shotgun. Fight out in the open. Instant Weapon

T 32 bolt trininty shotgun - Charge weapon, does a insane amount of damage when fully charged and close, when someone is using this weapon, I highly reccommend fighting in cover because this thing can literally kill you in 3 fully charged shots or less... or your money back! :D Close range weapon, keep distance and if he closes in, you need to start making sharp turns around cover.

EOC Repeater - Charge, Delay weapon, the ammunition doubles as mines, need an understanding of your surroundings and you need to TRIPLE R, Prefer to fight out in open.

How to counter the Raider
The Raider is built for close range and pursuit executions, The only way to escape is to out manuver and keep him busy until help arrives or you kill him yourself. I cannot stress enough that you have to keep distance and stay in the open but with cover nearby. Engage at medium range or not, i’m a person not a cop.  Good luck

Now we do the Bruiser and finish off with the CR-T/Assault

Bruiser

Ability - TURTLE MODE ACTIVATE - Bruiser takes reduced damaged, making it a hybrid tank with lots of damage. Effect lasts quite a while for an ability and is a small game changer. Don’t worry, the TOW still does a decent amount of damage. Just keep on shooting.

Permanent Weapons - oh I think you know whats gun happen here... CAN I GET A BASS READY TO DROP PLEASE_ http://imgur.com/Wldksix HELL FIRE MISSLES! Overall, they can lock on and fire, but they are only so smart, put some cover between you two and you won’t take a monsterous amount of damage n_n.

Changeable Weapons

Point D Vulcan - Charge Weapon, Close range Minigun, requires constant bead on target.

Sub Machine Gun - Instant weapon, less range and damage, less heat generation and faster fire rate.

Assault Rifle - Consistent weapon, instant fire and moderate everything.

How to counter the Bruiser
The bruiser is like a half tank half A class, It does a great amount of damage while sucking up lots of damage. Now I may be stressing the ability too much but its certainly noticable. Overall, I highly reccomend going in close range just to avoid the missles and wearing him down.

Time to end where it all begins

CR-T Recruit / Assault Class

Abilty - Chillout - resets weapons heating regardless of where its at (It’s like having the heat bar double in length/capacity)

Permanent Weapon - TOW - Instant, Rocket launcher with very sublte homing abilities, Does high burst damage (Prioritize in Dodging)

Changeable Weapon

Assault Rifle - Instant, consistent weapon with all Moderate stats.

Sub Machine Gun - Lower damage and range but faster fire rate and lower heat gen, Instant

Point D Vulcan - Charge weapon that requires you to keep a constant bead on target, used for close ranged (stay at a distance and move in and out of cover)

How to counter the Assault
The Assault class is a very well rounded class that can do almost anything, everything about this class is “eh” and believe it or not my highest Killstreak (26 I think) was on my CRT Recruit. So it’s quite OP you just need to use it right.

Final thoughts and word.
Well, I made this guide in 3 days, note that this is a very raw draft (its fresh with little to no editing at all). This is only 1 guide out of several I can make, I told you the counters of each mech but I never told you HOW I do it, the rest you can probably think of or figure out. You learn along the way and eventually make your own strategy. If you think that there is anything to add, remove or change in either my style of writing or my writing, then please do tell.

If you don’t understand any of this and wish to seek me out for clarification, AYellowMinion is my tag, we can play some games together and i’ll tell you how I roll.

Peace and See you on the battlefield.

P.S. I hold sermons in matches (see my signature below) If you have any versions of any speeches or anything, then please do tell and i’ll try and make it hilarious beyond all belief.

Edited by AYellowMinion, July 24 2013 - 01:49 PM.

Our bunny who art thou in Illal, Hallowed by thy Cr-T Cockpit, / Your Rocket Comes, Your kill confirmed, / Give us this day our daily Assault Rifle Fire, /  And forgive us for KSing our teammates, As we have forgiven our fellow Techs for not healing us,  /
And do not lead us into High Rating Games, / But deliver us from dying from that one bullet,  / For your's is the Battlefield, and the Level 25 Mechs and the 25+ Kill Streak. / Fuzzy Bunny.

#3 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:20 PM

Why is it like this_ I'm sorry but I did a copy and paste from Google Docs

#4 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:28 PM

Ehhh... Edit then use "Remove Format".

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#5 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:36 PM

Not working apparently

#6 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:39 PM

"Hello and in this thread, you will learn about mechs and their counter strategies (How to Effectively Kill them). I am AYellowMinion (Thanks Captain Obvious) and I do know that there is “Saturnine's Guide to the Classes” and there is also a Hawken Tips and Tricks thead but I don’t see something more focused on this subject."

You have to select all the text and then press the little eraser (remove format). Works for me.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#7 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:39 PM

my eyes @_@

just high lite it all and select white text from the top thingy :P
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#8 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Tunnels of Origin

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:47 PM

This is some really good info you have here, but I'm afraid I didn't read all of it due to the fact I had to strain my eyes to see the letters.

You should, however, be able to go back to Google Docs and change the text color, and then copy/paste back on here. That should work.
Posted Image

#9 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:48 PM

WOO, thanks a bunch. n_n

#10 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 01:52 PM

You did it! Now I really will read all the way through.

*Gets a cup of tea and settles in for a looong read*
Posted Image

#11 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 02:04 PM

Thanks, hope you enjoy!

#12 EliteShooter

EliteShooter

Mr Splash Man

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,888 posts
  • LocationTunisia

Posted July 24 2013 - 02:05 PM

thanks ! very ... aaaaa ... informative

Posted Image

#13 Silverfire

Silverfire

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
  • LocationThe Depths of Coruscant

Posted July 24 2013 - 02:33 PM

Fairly decent guide (apart from spelling errors, which annoys the living fuzzy bunny out of me, but what can I do_) but your sig is flipping hilarious.

Posted Image

Check out my new short film Prebirth: The Eternal War! Check out my e-peen!

Need to find a mech guide_ Well, look here!
Intel Core i3 2120 @ 3.30 GHz |  Corsair XMS3 8GB RAM | eVGA GTX 550Ti 1GB OC | Corsair CX600 PSU

#14 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted July 24 2013 - 02:39 PM

TL;DR

I'm doomed to being a noob forever!

Posted Image

#15 Preternatural

Preternatural

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 03:18 PM

Dude, I actually lol'd at your sig. Kudos to you. :P
Posted Image

#16 AYellowMinion

AYellowMinion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 07:28 PM

Thanks, if you will give me any verse of any kind, I'll try to modify it to look hilarious.

#17 Flagge69

Flagge69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 10:55 PM

fontsize makes it hard to read ... it somehow degrades your anti wall-o-text efforts ^^ ... will copy paste it to an Editor and read it there ;)

#18 Flagge69

Flagge69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted July 24 2013 - 11:17 PM

Every 1v1 you do, you go back and forth dashing and stuff and espically when there's cover between you two, you dash one side and another until one dies (usaully) whoever is being led/following the other guy trying to get a bead on him is BEING LED, the guy who is waiting one second then firing a TOW across from him is the guy leading the "dance", You wanna be this guy, this guy controls the dance, controls the game and most likely, the outcome.
"What if I'm being led_"
Then you break the repeated cycle and either PAUSE and take the lead, Boost forward and get in for a "Kiss of death" or TRIPLE R.
Now its not easy and you think this tactic is stupid but the Infil is specifically designed for this kind of thing, REMEMBER THE GRENADE LAUNCHER, bounce, bounce, boom The delay in the GR allows you walk over it or get close enough for some decent damage to be dealt. (remember why I reccommended the jumping_) You need to Lead the dance and take over, the rest is up to you to kill the enemy. It's not easy but I play by watching my radar more than I watch my screen, the screen is only for aiming purposes, every time I shoot I look at my radar to TRIPLE R.
This is the basis for almost All the Classes, Leading the target is your most basic gaming rule.

I my opinion this is everything you need to know abut the gamelay, it really only comes down to those situations and its the same regardless of class or load out ...

I know you dont want to hear, but I do exactly this with my bruiser against every mech, and if you are good in anticipating the abilitys of your Opponent you will win, regardless ...

to make it even more simple ... you know you will win if you can dodge one or two
of the secondary shoots from the enemy while you can score with your own ...
who ever dodges best wins ... so you even can determine theexact moment to retreat
a 1v1 ..

I really miss an indepth explanation of all the gameelements... if we strip your guide down to its essentials .. how to counter a specific mech ... there isnt much left of your text ... and it becomes the next listing of ingame mechs comparable what you can get abut them ingame or on the website .
but Kudos for your realisitc view on the bruiser, the best player made view on this mech so far ...
if eqquiped with the detonator and blockade you can even be a threat to someone trying
to get you close range in a rush

#19 Rajitha

Rajitha

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSri Lanka / 6.9167° N, 79.8333° E

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:30 AM

How do you manually detonate the grenade launcher's projectile_  Do you shoot at it using your primary or is there a mouse or keyboard button that I've been missing all this time_
Nice guidelines and I appreciate the fact that you decided to take the time to post all that, and that's definitely the best Sig I've seen so far :D

Core i5-3470 | Corsair 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Gigabyte GTX 660 2GB | Gigabyte B75M-D3H | Seasonic 520W
Siege Tutorial | Hawken In Asia (gameplay videos) | South Asia/Southeast Asia Community
HAWKEN ASIA STEAM COMMUNITY!

#20 Intact0

Intact0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted July 25 2013 - 01:37 AM

View PostRajitha, on July 25 2013 - 01:30 AM, said:

How do you manually detonate the grenade launcher's projectile_

Hit the right mouse button again, like you would air burst the TOW.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Beta, Community, Forum, Game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users