HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

If The Patch Bombs What Then_

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#201 xXHadronCutterXx

xXHadronCutterXx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationBelgrade, Serbia

Posted August 01 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostSaturnine, on August 01 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

As dramatic as things seem to be here - this is still one of the better public forums out there. If you want to see true terror, simply look at a forum for a sandbox creativity game.

Translation - Minecraft forums. I use to be a part of them, but they just keep degrading and becoming more and more horrible.

Get your hard on.

#202 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted August 01 2013 - 11:10 AM

Minecraft forums aren't even necessarily the worst. Unfortunately it seems that genre is particularly susceptible to... horribleness.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#203 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 01 2013 - 11:19 AM

If you want to see some of the worst forums in gaming just go into a League of Legends general discussion thread. It really makes you wonder how these people can possibly figure out how to turn on a computer or even type well enough to communicate on the internet.

Posted Image

#204 DieselCat

DieselCat

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationSunny South Florida

Posted August 01 2013 - 11:20 AM

WOW..just WOW ! .....  My take on this (and I feel silly for even posting here due to the sheer madness this thread had navigated to and I'm generally a voice in the wilderness) is the HAB was selected to do a certain job by ADH, which is their total prerogative,  since they are responsible for the development of "their" game. I do hope in all honesty that the  "HAB Squad"  does an outstanding job and that people in this community will let them do it without all this squabbling, finger pointing, etc.

Good luck HAB...I do wish for and would like to see more info coming out from the Dev team, but I'm sure they have their reasons along with the fact your're under a gag rule.

As for now, though there is much work left to be done on this terrific game, I'm off to play some HAWKEN !...anyone that wants to put a hold on the bickering care to join me _

*+
Posted Image
Just Relax...and take life one game at a time...

#205 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 01 2013 - 11:30 AM

*eats popcorn*
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#206 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:32 PM

I think y'all need to get a room, lol.

Posted Image

Edited by SandSpider, August 01 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#207 Beemann

Beemann

Sentient Wall-of-Text

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,974 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:39 PM

View PostRoundlay, on August 01 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

To clarify, I did "just go out and do it"—designed, programmed, hosted, tested, and polished my wares—but assumed, as you have clarified, that Adhesive might not want raw stats (as opposed to manually gathered stats) in the player's hands. I don't expect, or deserve anything from Adhesive—simply adding another perspective to the discussion.
Except ADH doesn't really seem to approve of us posting numbers either. They themselves refuse to post numbers for a few reasons, and we basically circumvent that by playing the game and picking apart how everything works, and then posting the results. I'm sure they'd really prefer if we didn't, but that's just how we are.

View PostRoundlay, on August 01 2013 - 05:01 AM, said:

I'm not sure if the rest was directed at me. Either way, I think you assume too much. I'm not (not trying to, anyway!) "ignoring other potential factors". Without much concrete information to go on, I've tried to focus on those points that are interesting or important to me instead. Additionally, I don't claim to "know" what's going on. I don't, and this is why I buffer most of my comments with "at least anecdotally", and other flimsy excuses for words, and then stare into a majestic lake and remind myself that I'm talking about a videogame.
You and others within the thread have continuously implied either favouritism or something close to it (a selective disregard of others etc.) exists currently in the community but there are multiple factors that go into these decisions. The tournament in February, for instance, was one of those times where things just fell together. We were having a tourney (conceived by Zeshi) come hell or high water, and ADH probably decided it would be good to test it out. I'm pretty sure it actually just finished being worked on (up til the point it was finished) that morning or the night before. It wasn't something they were just hiding from EU players, and it wasn't something they were explicitly making for NA players.
Posted Image

C-Class Swagger
Ballin' and Brawlin'
Cloakin' and Smokin'

#208 N0stalgia

N0stalgia

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 570 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:45 PM

Frankly, I'd like to see the actual numbers in the mech garage, though I know that'll probably never happen. It would be nice to see exactly what the optimizations and internals did, rather than having to test everything out.
Call me Nos.

#209 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:49 PM

View Postburns1124, on August 01 2013 - 09:54 AM, said:

I'd also like to add that simply because one person used a word, that does not make the entirety of the HAB testers "arrogant forum warriors".  I do agree that Odin's signature needs to be scaled down, and possibly all signatures need to have a much smaller maximum size.  150x400 is about as big as any sig should ever be, any bigger and you just look like a pretentious fuzzy bunny imho.

Personally I think the guy who has his shirtless modeling pictures as his signature needs to go look up what arrogant means, and maybe get better spray tan.

P.S. I didn't miss these forums one bit....
where did this come about_ 160X805 is a fairly standard size for sigs.

because bow ties are cool

#210 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:51 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on August 01 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

800px is huge.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#211 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostBeemann, on August 01 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

You and others within the thread have continuously implied either favouritism or something close to it (a selective disregard of others etc.) exists currently in the community but there are multiple factors that go into these decisions. The tournament in February, for instance, was one of those times where things just fell together. We were having a tourney (conceived by Zeshi) come hell or high water, and ADH probably decided it would be good to test it out. I'm pretty sure it actually just finished being worked on (up til the point it was finished) that morning or the night before. It wasn't something they were just hiding from EU players, and it wasn't something they were explicitly making for NA players.

That tourney was in december. And if memory serves me right, Xacius was the admin and he got a call from TJ on the morning of the tourney only a few hours before it was scheduled to begin. Furthermore whilst the private server was fonctioning as intended, there was no interactive user interface to access it. Lastly the observer mode was bare bones minimalistic system, it didn't even show the hud. Which made casting the game nearly impossible.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#212 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostSylhiri, on August 01 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

800px is huge.

I have spoilerized the abrasive part of my sig out of respect for the community.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#213 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted August 01 2013 - 12:58 PM

View Posth0B0, on August 01 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

800px is huge.

I have spoilerized the abrasive part of my sig out of respect for the community.
but whats the point then lol

because bow ties are cool

#214 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted August 01 2013 - 01:45 PM

Hey guys, lets argue about sig pics sizes...

Posted Image

And next we will examine if soft or hard ".gif" is more popular.

Posted Image

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#215 Roundlay

Roundlay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationTokyo

Posted August 01 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostBeemann, on August 01 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

You and others within the thread have continuously implied either favouritism or something close to it (a selective disregard of others etc.) exists currently in the community but there are multiple factors that go into these decisions.

I agree that the things I'm speculating on aren't as one dimensional as I probably make them out to be, but bares repeating the context the post you're referencing here anyway. This was a response to the suggestion that eliciting a dedication to the game above and beyond what is "normal" (e.g. going out of one's way to "try and talk directly to the devs or develop relationships with them", or spending a great deal of time "testing specific mechanics and documenting data", etc.) justifies "free information" from the developers, or special treatment in general, rather, as a form of "appreciation". If this is true, then from my own perspective, this is selective.

Anyway, appreciate you clarifying your experiences for me. I've had zero contact with the developers, so I'll take your word for it.

#216 burns1124

burns1124

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted August 01 2013 - 06:26 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on August 01 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

View Posth0B0, on August 01 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

800px is huge.

but whats the point then lol

See, anything that takes up 10% or more of a webpage is huge and obtrusive imho.  I only make the comment because yours (and other's) sigs can bring undue and unwanted attention to your clan and clanmates when a flamewar such as this thread occurs.

View PostXer06siX, on August 01 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Hey guys, lets argue about sig pics sizes...

Posted Image

And next we will examine if soft or hard ".gif" is more popular.

Posted Image

Maybe I was trying to derail a thread that needed to die anyway_  The OP's postulation with the topic is incendiary to begin with, and is baiting for trolls/ flame wars etc.

Then we got into bashing HAB testers, this thing needs to die, and be buried, it's Omega22 level garbage imo.

#217 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 01 2013 - 07:34 PM

Posted Image

This is still going on_

View Postropefish, on August 01 2013 - 11:30 AM, said:

*eats popcorn*

Can I have some_

EDIT:   ... why am I laughing at my own avatar again_

Edited by NBShoot_me, August 01 2013 - 07:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users