HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Need Info to Help with Latency

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 Edson_Drake

Edson_Drake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 05:27 PM

Ping: 190~360+(used to be 180~220)
USA server
Ping is varying a LOT after the hotfix.

The game unplayable to me right now. Used to play ok before, a shame I wanted to enjoy the exp boost.

#22 GAMEDOGSHIPMENT

GAMEDOGSHIPMENT

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationRIGHT INFRONT YOU

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:53 AM

If I may give at tip, ccleaner helped solve my ping issue
I had ping about 80 on local servers, not saying its bad but further servers were like 200 ping
I used ccleaner to clear out my internet memory cache and other usless stuff and the ping droped by 25 on local severs and droped 50 on uk servers
So it is now 50-60 ping local and 140-160 ping in  UK

Edited by GAMEDOGSHIPMENT, September 26 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#23 Ehcin

Ehcin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 29 2013 - 03:31 AM

1. Approximate Average Ping Being Shown During Gameplay
Currently: UK-servers: 64-84 [Feels like 120/150], US: 220-260 [Unplayable] - Formally: UK-servers 72-96 [Felt fine], US: 120-140 [barely playable for me]
2. Your Physical Region
Western Europe, Belgium in particular
3. Region of Server You're Connected to When Playing
Always UK, unless there are no games and I connect to US.
4. Did you always have the reported latency you have now_ Did it get worse at some point_ If so, how long ago and what was it before it got worse_
No. It seems the reported ingame Ping is wrong, I suffer from much more instances of sudden lagg spikes [usually when entering combat with multiple mechs, including people (both friendlies and enemies) visibly 'teleporting', my ToWs disappearing and detonators flying through opponents.]

Overal, I find that the quality of play dropped by atleast 60% since the Ascension update.

Edited by Ehcin, September 29 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#24 Loganz

Loganz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted October 20 2013 - 03:48 PM

Ping: 260-290
Server; USA

just started playing a week ago,but with a ping of 260-290 is quite tedious to play this game

Edited by Loganz, October 20 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#25 nepacaka

nepacaka

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,762 posts
  • Locationin "KGB" headquarters, near with Baba Ji

Posted November 07 2013 - 04:08 AM

1. 120-150
2. Belarus/Minsk
3. UK (sometimes USA)
4. when i start play (closed beta) my ping on UK was 80, after patc with ripper ping was 100, and now ping was higher after each patch. Now my ping on UK varies between 100-160

on USA server 150-250

#26 LarryLaffer

LarryLaffer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationRussia, Chelyabinsk (GMT +5)

Posted November 10 2013 - 09:33 PM

1. Approximate Average Ping Being Shown During Gameplay
110-150 ms (120 avg) with occasional spikes up to 250+ ms for the last few days (since Friday I think)

2. Your Physical Region
Chelyabinsk, Russia

3. Region of Server You're Connected to When Playing
UK

4. Did you always have the reported latency you have now_ Did it get worse at some point_ If so, how long ago and what was it before it got worse_
I started to play HAWKEN after Raider patch, so latency was already quite high (around 110 ms). Now it's a little higher and more unstable. And for the last few days a lot of high latency spikes was registered by many players on UK region during gameplay.

UPD. 11/11/2013: Ping went up to 160-200 ms stable on UK

Edited by LarryLaffer, November 11 2013 - 09:39 AM.

WolfyFTW's Mindgamer: Hawken videos - the best combat tutorial ever!
Throw away Air Compressor! Be a man!.

#27 cools71

cools71

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 13 2013 - 04:21 AM

1. Ping 180-220 USA/UK Servers   2. Country UK 3. USA & UK Servers. Ping is always the same and gets worse in bigger games with more players.

#28 UK_SPAWN

UK_SPAWN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted November 16 2013 - 01:18 PM

My ping is okay, whenever I look at it, its fine! But I still get the crazy spikes. I cant see any rise in numbers but its like there is a "build up" of data, that is then trying to all be sent in one... instead of slowly sending it constantly.. dunno it just feels like "when another person is browsing the web and your gaming" ... as they click things you get a momentary spike.. that's what it feels like anyway.. no idea what is making it happen. Anyone know of a program that can monitor inboud/outbound network data of a certain program_ then you could look shortly after the spike to see if anything is amiss/unusual_

#29 X_Mangoose_X

X_Mangoose_X

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMirando desde la ventana detras tuyo

Posted February 24 2014 - 11:32 AM

1. 200 ping always
2. Chile - santiago
3. usa west and east
Did you always have the reported latency you have now_
now begins to rise of 200-500, very unstable with constant ups and downs.
id it get worse at some point_
practically all day this bad.
If so, how long ago and what was it before it got worse_
since they started with the Steam client

"No confundas mi Personalidad con Mi actitud, mi Personalidad es Quien Yo Soy y mi Actitud Depende de Quien Seas Tú."

#30 Aikon94

Aikon94

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 12 2014 - 06:01 AM

1.  180
2. Italy - EUW
3. US-Est
4. Since i start playing Hawken it has been always 180. My local ping is actually 40-50 , League of legends for example give me 40 ping.

#31 SilverStalker

SilverStalker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted March 16 2014 - 06:58 AM

1. 230~260 in all server (asia n/s, US east/west, ocenia) except UK always 300+
2. Vietnam
3. Asia north and south
4. I started playing since the asia server come out, then stopped playing because of bad pc, but back then the game run very good, now my pc is ok, but the ping get worse. (playing Loadout, WoT, C9 and some other games on Asia/SEA server just fine, ping around ~100)

#32 XyXly

XyXly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted March 20 2014 - 11:14 AM

1. 100-200
2. London
3. UK/US-East
4. It started getting bad now, was having no problems before today (date should be timestamped in poast)

#33 Spash

Spash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted June 09 2014 - 07:46 PM

1) 50 ~ 80
2) Toronto, Canada
3) US EAST
4) No problem before. Even Beta was better. Got worst with May's update. My ping got as bad as 988.  I'm also warping all over even though ping was below 70.

Edited by Spash, June 09 2014 - 07:47 PM.

#34 EM1O

EM1O

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • LocationNahfeck, V'jainya

Posted June 09 2014 - 08:11 PM

Necro_

1. Ping  20-60
2. EOV, Norfolk, VA
3. USE, occasionally USC or USW. UK runs about 100.
4. Usually hangs in the 20-30 range mostly.

I used to get frequent chat comments/ingame voip barbs about how I was playing from Hawken's basement, or if I was a Hawken dev, etc, due to a ping of 0. Yes: that was a ZERO PING, folks. Usually pinged no higher than 4 normally. If someone moved the USE server, I should maybe not complain about the 20, eh_   :P
Damnear steady dead zero before Ascension. It went up to steady >10 after Wreckage. >20 after STEAM. Hiccups, teleporting, blinking, both teams suddenly start wandering around and shooting at walls, etc. Just got home 4 days ago, away since early May. Holy BoogerFest, BatMan! It's almost as if my XF7750 was stuck on 300/1125MHz (900/1250--i have to leave it set on Medium to keep from going insane; mumble shows around 72FPS ingame) with the video set at Ultra! Talk about doin' the jerk'n'jive jamma! Never a dull moment.
This might give you a reference figure for everyone else's gloom, if we're still on the Ashburn Amazon server here.

Rock On, devs!
O.

Edited by EM1O, June 10 2014 - 05:12 AM.

Lingua-indigenae  *=0=*  Clans & Guilds  *=||=*  Which Mech_  *=X=*  GPU Test  *=W=*  CPU Test  *=O=*  Dementia

Posted Image

#35 Zaxik

Zaxik

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech republic

Posted June 09 2014 - 09:16 PM

Necro as hell, but I didn't notice this thread earlier, I guess I could post about my problems :-P

[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]1. Approximate Average Ping Being Shown During Gameplay[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]2. Your Physical Region[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]3. Region of Server You're Connected to When Playing[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4. Did you always have the reported latency you have now_ Did it get worse at some point_ If so, how long ago and what was it before it got worse_[/font]

1) 140 ping on European i3D servers (for comparison, I get about 125-130 on US east)
2) Prague, Czech republic (I noticed the ping is bad for other players from Czech republic as well, including other cities than Prague)
3) EU i3D only. Other EU servers are fine (about 50-60 ping)
4) I have had this latency always ever since i3D servers were introduced. It never got any better or worse.

EDIT: according to tracert, it seems it's some sh*tty company called "Cogent" that is slowing it down by ALOT. I googled alot of negative feedback by other gamers about Cogent.. guess there's no way to fix. (I can still hope that I pinged a wrong server and the problem is actually elsewhere, but ehh.. probably not -_- )

Edited by Zaxik, June 09 2014 - 09:25 PM.

Got few Hawken vids here on my YT.

#36 Spliff_Craven

Spliff_Craven

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted June 11 2014 - 09:44 AM

Currently there is the issue of server migration. This is going on behind the scenes so there will be hiccups.
I'm USW and not impressed with my latency there. I have an excellent ADSL connection bit now I get 120 ping when I used to get 24 in the west and used to be 120 in USE

On the other hand I have had excellent response times on the experimentals:
Currently I get 120 west, 64 central and 80 east.

I feel the problem resides with the rendering. Ever since the rendering went client side {around the same time server migration and the experimentals came out...} there has been more rubberbanding, ghosting and missed shots. check out the thread:

https://community.pl...side-rendering/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users