HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Alert: Priority Transmission in Progress!

Game News

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 Audible_Silence

Audible_Silence

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida, USA

Posted August 12 2013 - 05:30 PM

works in mechwarrior..._

Posted Image

#122 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 12 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes_

#123 B_N_N

B_N_N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 03:30 AM

Прикольно

#124 Vinushka

Vinushka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Posted August 13 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostNBShoot_me, on August 12 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostElucidExcaliber7, on August 11 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

did u add any bodies of water in this map_ cuz ive always wondered how mechs would work in water...

Slowly while water leaks in and shorts out everything drowning the pilot and leaving said mech about as useful as a RRoD'ed Xbox... but you'd never run out of ammo because you'd never overheat under water! :P
The description for the infiltrator (I think) says its hermetically sealed for hostile conditions, so I assume it wouldn't leak underwater. It'd be cool to submerge our mechs and maybe hear some sfx like you hear in a submarine when it's deep under pressure.

Posted Image

☯ NΣPTVNΣ ☯

Metallic.Uniframe.Super.Hybrid.Armor

#125 NBShoot_me

NBShoot_me

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 764 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 09:26 AM

View PostVinushka, on August 13 2013 - 09:23 AM, said:

View PostNBShoot_me, on August 12 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

View PostElucidExcaliber7, on August 11 2013 - 04:45 PM, said:

did u add any bodies of water in this map_ cuz ive always wondered how mechs would work in water...

Slowly while water leaks in and shorts out everything drowning the pilot and leaving said mech about as useful as a RRoD'ed Xbox... but you'd never run out of ammo because you'd never overheat under water! :P
The description for the infiltrator (I think) says its hermetically sealed for hostile conditions, so I assume it wouldn't leak underwater. It'd be cool to submerge our mechs and maybe hear some sfx like you hear in a submarine when it's deep under pressure.

Seriously... I wasn't being serious.  I'm Serious!

What about after taking some fire from another mech_ :P

#126 ShadowGTR

ShadowGTR

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,034 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted August 13 2013 - 10:00 AM

A map where part of it is underwater and the mechs can actually go into the water, fully submerged....

You have my attention. :D

I can picture it now, as your mech drops into the water, you see bubbles wash up over your viewscreen. All sounds that come from outside the cockpit will have a muffled effect. Impacts will cause the cockpit to creak and moan due to the combined pressure of the water and the weapons impact. Maybe even hear a faint submarine echo ping as you remain submerged. If your mech takes substantial damage, water will spray into the cockpit.

Now for mechanics, quickly off the top of my head here (in other words, might be broken). All movement speed will be slightly reduced underwater. Weapons cannot fire into the water from outside and vice versa. To prevent ambushing those going into the water, the "bubble cushion" will prevent damage received (and maybe prevent firing your weapons as well - for fairness) for a very short period of time upon entry into the water (maybe for exiting as well_). Also, the water reduces heat generation, but doesn't accelerate cooling of previously-generated heat (to prevent people camping by the water and dipping in quickly to cool down - and yes....this is counter intuitive to what you would think would happen, but we need to think of fairness here).

Edited by ShadowGTR, August 13 2013 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#127 onehourleft

onehourleft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 10:50 AM

View PostPap, on August 06 2013 - 07:48 PM, said:

we can agree that A class is around 3,6meters tall and C class is around 5.8meters tall. I fear that the plants and other foliage on this new map will be in size like those mechs were real humans (plants looking as big as plant to a human).

I understand the concern for features on the maps to help give perspective to the size of mechs but plants are not the features to do this. I'm 2 meters tall and grew up in the forest of the Pacific Northwest (Oregon, USA).  The perspective of size really doesn't change all that much from kneeling to standing for me.  The difference in the perceived size of plants moving from 1.6 meters (average height person) to 3.5 meters is like moving from standing in the forest to standing on a ladder in the forest.  The plants look a bit smaller, perhaps by 10 percent.

The reason this makes little difference is because plants vary in size by a margin much greater than 10 percent.  There are juvenile plants and mature plant growing right next to each other.  I could feel like a giant standing next to a 2 year old fur tree or feel like a insect standing near a 200 year old fur tree.  Plants make poor feature for size reference.  

Posted ImagePosted Image

#128 assassin4438

assassin4438

• Full Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted August 13 2013 - 10:20 PM

ropefish, on August 01 2013 - 01:41 PM, said:

O MA GAWD @_@
SIDE NOTE: imagine dragons "radioactive" is the perfect song for hawken :D
they should totally play that, infact next time i am playing, i am gonna have radioactive playing in the background

#129 Paarradox

Paarradox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted August 15 2013 - 05:26 AM

I'm excited. I've been wanting some new maps.

#130 cavediver

cavediver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Locationmountains

Posted September 02 2013 - 08:47 AM

Would like the ability to play with higher ranked pilots instead of being matched all the time, can currently do it with pilots I have friendd.  Please don't change or I will find your mech and kya.  Like the match system for the most part, keep up the good work.

#131 zuquizu

zuquizu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 02 2013 - 12:58 PM

in this map a sharpshoter can go up to the treetop and see a good part of the map_
You can attack many points but you can be attacked from all that points

#132 roses64

roses64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 21 2013 - 07:40 AM

can we have a water based mech with water based mechs. this would complete the jungle,urban,and water i have been dreaming of.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users