HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Account Migration FAQ

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#21 dorobo

dorobo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
  • LocationLegion

Posted August 20 2013 - 06:58 AM

Migrate allready! Tired of waiting :P

#22 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 20 2013 - 06:59 AM

Atleast some informations ...

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#23 space_mouse

space_mouse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationYER MOMS

Posted August 20 2013 - 08:17 AM

"GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!"-PROF. FARNSWORTH

#24 DeVact

DeVact

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts
  • Locationall over the place

Posted August 20 2013 - 09:36 AM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on August 19 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Q: How will pilot level be determined_
  • A: Your pilot level will be determined by the total amount of XP you have earned.
Will we have to start from scratch or will our already earned XP be considered here_

DarkPulse said:

... less than witnessing Elvis crash a UFO into the Loch Ness Monster, seeing Bigfoot crawl out of the smoking wreckage, opening a wormhole in space, and then getting picked up by ET, Lando Calrissian, and an Arilou Lalee'Lay in the Space Battleship Yamato.

Posted Image

#25 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 20 2013 - 11:29 AM

View PostDeVact, on August 20 2013 - 09:36 AM, said:

Q: How will pilot level be determined_
  • A: Your pilot level will be determined by the total amount of XP you have earned.
Will we have to start from scratch or will our already earned XP be considered here_

I think the already earned XP will be used.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#26 Nymwasob

Nymwasob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 12:10 PM

Some items are only available through Meteor credits - and should be returned likewise. I mistakenly spent meteor credits thinking that I would earn some back some way, as it turns out the only way to get more meteor credits is to buy them. I doubt I will get any equivalent meteor credits back, but I won't buy anything that can only be bought with meteor credits as I suspected this situation would be the case. If people spent meteor credits, they should get same back. - are there going to be ANY charges or costs whatsoever due to the new patch/version/game/etc directly or indirectly _!_

#27 Gumby789

Gumby789

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted August 20 2013 - 12:11 PM

With this migration happening is this the 'Gold' release or will we still be under Open Beta_

How is the clan support going to work_ Are clans going to have a clan page they can setup for themselves with tags, members, rank etc_

With the addition of game lobbies, does this allow for creating and locking a lobby for example for a tournament, scrim or practice_

Will we now have some kind of server tools like the basic vote to kick or vote for map etc_

Posted Image

|| LTC Gumby | Sentinel | Academy Staff ||

#28 The_Silencer

The_Silencer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,266 posts
  • LocationStyx.

Posted August 20 2013 - 12:58 PM

Keep on topic, guys.

Posted Image

"The difference between theory and practice is smaller in theory than it is in practice"

#29 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:04 PM

View PostGumby789, on August 20 2013 - 12:11 PM, said:

With this migration happening is this the 'Gold' release or will we still be under Open Beta_

How is the clan support going to work_ Are clans going to have a clan page they can setup for themselves with tags, members, rank etc_

With the addition of game lobbies, does this allow for creating and locking a lobby for example for a tournament, scrim or practice_

Will we now have some kind of server tools like the basic vote to kick or vote for map etc_
clans did not made it in this patch(wait for next one, again) and no, it's not  final release, beta must go on

- lok'tar ogar -

#30 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:13 PM

EDIT: Decided the question was already answered in a way. Move along lol

Edited by Leonhardt, August 20 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

#31 Zind

Zind

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted August 20 2013 - 01:23 PM

View PostNymwasob, on August 20 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

Some items are only available through Meteor credits - and should be returned likewise. I mistakenly spent meteor credits thinking that I would earn some back some way, as it turns out the only way to get more meteor credits is to buy them. I doubt I will get any equivalent meteor credits back, but I won't buy anything that can only be bought with meteor credits as I suspected this situation would be the case. If people spent meteor credits, they should get same back. - are there going to be ANY charges or costs whatsoever due to the new patch/version/game/etc directly or indirectly _!_

The only items being removed are internals, which are purchaseable with HC.  I don't see any reason that they wouldn't refund MC if they were to decide to remove some MC-only item, but that is not what is happening this time around.  While it would be nice if the people who spent MC on internals got MC back, I don't see it as a huge deal.

#32 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted August 20 2013 - 08:46 PM

Is the HAB still going on right now_

#33 Chancellor

Chancellor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSlimin in ya gurl lyke it's muh buziness.

Posted August 20 2013 - 11:33 PM

View Postdiablodevil2, on August 20 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

View PostChancellor, on August 19 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostKer4u, on August 19 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

pay pay pay, i hope this won't become a grind fest for new players

View PostSS396, on August 19 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Q: What about internals_
  • A: Due to changes made to the internal system, all current internals will be removed and replaced. We will be providing pilots with an amount of HAWKEN Credits equivalent to the total cost of the internals they previously owned
What if someone paid MC for them_  I feel they should get MC back, not HC.

Also, what about us ending up with duplicate mechs from all the free rewards_
mc are not refunded © license agreement or so
Im fairly certain that the license agreement was only taking into account of someone using MC to purchase something, then asking for them to revoke the purchase. This is not the case, since the team is taking away our purchases without our consent essentially.

Notice how most things have a MC and a HC cost. I imagine that when you spent ~140 Meteor creds on a part, you'll get back the ~2400 Hawken creds it cost in conversion. Obviously those numbers are roughly guessed, but to illustrate that you'll likely be refunded the full cost in Hawken creds.
Except one is exceptionally more valuable over the other. I don't need to HC, I want the MC im essentially losing.

#34 Baraqorn

Baraqorn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted August 21 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostChancellor, on August 20 2013 - 11:33 PM, said:

View Postdiablodevil2, on August 20 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

View PostChancellor, on August 19 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostKer4u, on August 19 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

pay pay pay, i hope this won't become a grind fest for new players

View PostSS396, on August 19 2013 - 09:58 PM, said:

Q: What about internals_
  • A: Due to changes made to the internal system, all current internals will be removed and replaced. We will be providing pilots with an amount of HAWKEN Credits equivalent to the total cost of the internals they previously owned
What if someone paid MC for them_  I feel they should get MC back, not HC.

Also, what about us ending up with duplicate mechs from all the free rewards_
mc are not refunded © license agreement or so
Im fairly certain that the license agreement was only taking into account of someone using MC to purchase something, then asking for them to revoke the purchase. This is not the case, since the team is taking away our purchases without our consent essentially.

Notice how most things have a MC and a HC cost. I imagine that when you spent ~140 Meteor creds on a part, you'll get back the ~2400 Hawken creds it cost in conversion. Obviously those numbers are roughly guessed, but to illustrate that you'll likely be refunded the full cost in Hawken creds.
Except one is exceptionally more valuable over the other. I don't need to HC, I want the MC im essentially losing.
Except you didn't "lose" the MC. You used it to purchase Internals, which you got the benefit upon paying for them. And now they're going to give you the equivalent HC in return, which you can use, again, to purchase Internals to use and get the benefit from.

The only thing you are "losing" is the ability to take the refund you're getting and purchase something else with it that you cannot use HC for. Which, I'm sorry, if you wanted to use your MC to purchase MC-only merchandise, you could have done that with it in the first place (and now you wouldn't be getting a refund for it because they're not taking away camos and mech parts, they're removing Internals, which you can replace with the refund you're getting).

I don't see the problem. Did you get enjoyment out of the Internals you purchased with MC_ Did you not know that the game you were spending money on was in Beta and things might change_ Can you replace the Internals you are losing with new Internals with the refund they are giving you_ What is the problem_

#35 KOS_Baconman

KOS_Baconman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts
  • Locationsaving money..

Posted August 21 2013 - 11:57 AM

still no date on when this update will happen_
Posted Image

#36 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 21 2013 - 02:16 PM

i just wanted my mininuke :T
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#37 Skrill

Skrill

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 656 posts
  • LocationSkrillville, CA

Posted August 21 2013 - 02:26 PM

View Postropefish, on August 21 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

i just wanted my mininuke :T
we get it...
Posted Image

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on July 08 2014 - 03:49 PM, said:

You're exactly right.

#38 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 21 2013 - 03:27 PM

On the topic of MC refunds instead of HC.

I understand the fact that the MC was spent on HC purchasable products. And even the fact that HWK probably doesn't have a detailed record of every single purchase to figure out who spent what with which currency.

However, it would be nice if a company wasn't aiming for the 1%. And give a bone back to their customers. For a company that relies on word to mouth having a good relationship with your customer and making sure the majority of them don't feel screwed over is essential to longevity. I am for more likely to invest more in hawken if i know i won't get the short end of the stick when things like these happen.

Basically, an unhappy customer is less likely to invest or promote the game. Refunding MC doesn't cost HWK anything and would only help their reputation.

Back on topic_ ZC i have been stalking you. I know you have been reading this thread. i've seen you do it twice in the last 2 days.

Q: Will the FAQ ever be updated with the communities questions and concerns_
Q: Can we get an eta on this update.(FAQ not game)

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#39 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 21 2013 - 03:33 PM

bad hobo i can only stalk the dev- i mean, umm, watch respectively from a distance behind some bushes, yea that's it >.>
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#40 ecaflip

ecaflip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • LocationFlying with glorious air dynamics

Posted August 21 2013 - 04:33 PM

ropefish, on August 21 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

bad hobo i can only stalk the dev- i mean, umm, watch respectively from a distance behind some bushes, yea that's it >.>

Posted Image
Posted Image
I'm I'm playing, I'm more than likely streaming. Come watch me at twitch.tv/bugzdood (i wish I had a better twitch name)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users