HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Account Migration FAQ

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#41 Jaquio

Jaquio

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • LocationCoastal Carolina

Posted August 21 2013 - 05:01 PM

View Posth0B0, on August 21 2013 - 03:27 PM, said:

On the topic of MC refunds instead of HC.

I understand the fact that the MC was spent on HC purchasable products. And even the fact that HWK probably doesn't have a detailed record of every single purchase to figure out who spent what with which currency.

However, it would be nice if a company wasn't aiming for the 1%. And give a bone back to their customers. For a company that relies on word to mouth having a good relationship with your customer and making sure the majority of them don't feel screwed over is essential to longevity. I am for more likely to invest more in hawken if i know i won't get the short end of the stick when things like these happen.

Basically, an unhappy customer is less likely to invest or promote the game. Refunding MC doesn't cost HWK anything and would only help their reputation.

Back on topic_ ZC i have been stalking you. I know you have been reading this thread. i've seen you do it twice in the last 2 days.

Q: Will the FAQ ever be updated with the communities questions and concerns_
Q: Can we get an eta on this update.(FAQ not game)

Just gonna say, I know I spent most of my vanguard MC on internals and cosmetics when the game went live. Getting a bone back would be pretty amazing, though I'd probably immediately blow it on skins or repair drones.

#42 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 21 2013 - 05:48 PM

View Postecaflip, on August 21 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

ropefish, on August 21 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

bad hobo i can only stalk the dev- i mean, umm, watch respectively from a distance behind some bushes, yea that's it >.>

Posted Image
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#43 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted August 21 2013 - 06:31 PM

***UPDATE***

Wanted to add a few follow up answers to some of the questions asked here:

Q: How will my current items be migrated into the new item system_
  • A: Pilots will receive MK.I, MK.II, and MK.III versions of every item they own.
Q: Will we have to pay for unlocks we previously received for free_
  • A: We've adjusted our prices on a number of things, and some previously free unlocks will now have a cost associated to them. However, there are a number of new free unlocks and bonuses being implemented that will allow this change to work in favor of the pilot.
Q: Are the "Brand New" or "Rookie" internals being removed_
  • A: All current internals will be removed including the Rookie internals.
Q: What about internals purchased with MC_
  • A: HC compensation will account for internals purchased with MC.
Q: Will some of us end up with duplicate mechs_
  • A: Yes. We want to make sure veteran pilots receive the same progression bonuses a brand new player would. We are considering implementing a system in the future that will give pilots more flexibility in what they want to do with these duplicate mechs.
Q: Will Pilot Level be determined by my current XP_
  • A: Yes. Both normal XP and overflow XP will contribute to the overall XP pool that will be used in determining your Pilot Level.

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#44 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted August 21 2013 - 07:06 PM

View Post[HWK]ZamboniChaos, on August 21 2013 - 06:31 PM, said:

• A: Yes. We want to make sure veteran pilots receive the same progression bonuses a brand new player would. We are considering implementing a system in the future that will give pilots more flexibility in what they want to do with these duplicate mechs.

Wait.. Ok, Now i'm forced to ask my questions.

I heard that mechs are being given to us in the next patch. My question is, What about those of us that paid for mechs_ Was the majority of the MC i received wasted_ If your going to comp us (IF this is true, you'd better) Will we be given HC back like internals, or will we get our MC back_

Edited by Dackstrus, August 21 2013 - 07:11 PM.

One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#45 ropefish

ropefish

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,309 posts
  • Locationfuzzybunny you, ima cat now (~o-o)~

Posted August 21 2013 - 07:22 PM

View PostDackstrus, on August 21 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

Wait.. Ok, Now i'm forced to ask my questions.

I heard that mechs are being given to us in the next patch. My question is, What about those of us that paid for mechs_ Was the majority of the MC i received wasted_ If your going to comp us (IF this is true, you'd better) Will we be given HC back like internals, or will we get our MC back_
yea, i want to know that i didn't waste my monah
"I find that there are those who will hang themselves if you give them enough rope, and that there are those who will provide their own rope. "
-VocalMagic           Croin//illal's wildlife

View PostDaPheel, on October 26 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

You don't nuke Ropefish : ROPEFISH NUKES YOU!

#46 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 21 2013 - 07:26 PM

.... that will give pilots more flexibility in what they want to do with these duplicate mechs.

Posted Image

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#47 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts
  • Location[delete for trolling] --defter

Posted August 21 2013 - 07:40 PM

Q: will i have to pay to unlock stuff i have previously paid for_ Ex: access to alt primary weapon.

i'm really looking forward to

However, there are a number of new free unlocks and bonuses being implemented that will allow this change to work in favor of the pilot.

Edited by h0B0, August 22 2013 - 05:16 AM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

View Post[HWK]HUGHES, on March 15 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Oh don't always listen to h0B0. Lol.

#48 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 21 2013 - 07:49 PM

Why not get MC compensation_
It's not like it's a refund. I mean, once we buy MC it's bought, right_
Why not be able to reallocate it to whatever we see fit, be it cosmetics or gear_

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#49 Chancellor

Chancellor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationSlimin in ya gurl lyke it's muh buziness.

Posted August 21 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 21 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

Why not be able to reallocate it to whatever we see fit, be it cosmetics or gear_
This.

It seems like if you have internal records of everyone who bought Internals with MC, why not just give that MC back_

Or, from how I read it, will we be given an INCREASE of HC credits than what would be normally returned_ Still not the option i'd prefer, but it'd make more sense.

#50 Dackstrus

Dackstrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationKami's Lookout

Posted August 21 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 21 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

This is how i feel... I'd really like my MC back to spend on other things. Since.. Well, if it'd been like that from the start, i'd have spent more into cosmetics.

Really though, I'm more worried about all the MC i spent on the mechs... x.x I used my Vanguard dosh to get most of them.. Worried i wasted it now.
One should always know better...
I don't speak often. But when I do...
Vanguard: Fat@$$
Berserker: Drammel
R.I.P. Assault of Alpha 2: Popo The Black

#51 driedjello

driedjello

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationOmaha

Posted August 22 2013 - 03:23 PM

ropefish, on August 21 2013 - 02:16 PM, said:

i just wanted my mininuke :T

I'm taking my potassium iodide pills as a precaution...  :P
Posted Image
"...Then I presume the complex murder algorithm that masquerades as his cerebral cortex was done analyzing my panicked stumbling and he flattened me."  -Amidatelion on Xacius.

#52 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 05:57 PM

I don't really see the problem people are trying to create here. You had stuff prior to the migration, and afterwards you will have the same stuff or you will be compensated with HC so you can buy it again. You will lose nothing, and only stand to gain from the unlocks you possible earned with your xp. Really, no problem at all.

#53 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:01 PM

Took screenshots of everything, got the latest patch, logged in.  Alas, account not yet migrated as of 22:00 EDT.
ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#54 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:11 PM

View Postcaduceus26, on August 22 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

Took screenshots of everything, got the latest patch, logged in.  Alas, account not yet migrated as of 22:00 EDT.
Is the patch even out yet, i see no anouncement anywhere.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#55 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:16 PM

View Posthendman, on August 22 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

I don't really see the problem people are trying to create here. You had stuff prior to the migration, and afterwards you will have the same stuff or you will be compensated with HC so you can buy it again. You will lose nothing, and only stand to gain from the unlocks you possible earned with your xp. Really, no problem at all.
Except HP is not equivalent to MC because you can't buy cosmetics or boosters with HP. So if you spent MC on internals, you're being refunded with a less valuable currency.

So you do lose something.

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#56 hendman

hendman

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:35 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 22 2013 - 06:16 PM, said:

Except HP is not equivalent to MC because you can't buy cosmetics or boosters with HP. So if you spent MC on internals, you're being refunded with a less valuable currency.

You already spend your MC, just because you don't get to spend it again doesn't mean you lost something. It is a migration, not a roll back, and afterwards you have the same items or you have the means to acquire them.

#57 h0B0

h0B0

Non Sequitur Leprechaun

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,143 posts

Posted August 22 2013 - 06:48 PM

View Posthendman, on August 22 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

You already spend your MC, just because you don't get to spend it again doesn't mean you lost something. It is a migration, not a roll back, and afterwards you have the same items or you have the means to acquire them.
Not adressing MC.

Honestly i'd be thoroughly PO'd if hawken now charged me HC again to unlock stuff on mech i have already purchased. Based on the screenshot i linked i think its fair to assume that weapons will now cost HC to unlock. But access to those weapons is already hiden behind the hc cost of unlocking the mech. As for ability upgrades, i have yet to test to what extent they are free. And although i can understand their decision to charge me for them and justify it as it used to be free, i still think its a pretty lowbrow marketing scheme to ask customers to pay multiple times for a good they have already purchased.

w/e until i do my test/ until the patch hits and i get more than vague statements i shouldn't be worrying about this so much. Furthermore if HWK wants to alienate their playerbase with poor migration or anything else, why should i care so much_ (note to self, remember this last sentence in your future dealings with HWK)

Edit:

Edited by h0B0, August 22 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Click me! I dare you.

Posted Image

#58 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted August 22 2013 - 07:12 PM

View Posthendman, on August 22 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

Again, you're ignoring that MC and HP don't have equivalent value because MC can do things that HP can't. By compensated in HP instead of a MC refund means you are losing the flexibility to use those MC for cosmetics and boosters.

Also, they are completely removing the internals and replacing them, so that means you will not have the same items, nor will you be able to acquire them. Are you sure you complete understand what this migration and the patch entails_ Because you're showing a fundamental lack of knowledge of what's happening.

AJK is right

#59 Leonhardt

Leonhardt

Rawr

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted August 22 2013 - 07:46 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 22 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Again, you're ignoring that MC and HP don't have equivalent value because MC can do things that HP can't. By compensated in HP instead of a MC refund means you are losing the flexibility to use those MC for cosmetics and boosters.

That was my first thought too, but if you think about the fact that there are no refunds and the MC were already used on something other than cosmetics they are essentially giving them the same flexibility as if they were refunding the item they payed for. If something that was bought for MC that could only be purchased with MC was refunded with HP then it really would be an issue, but here its really not.

Edited by Leonhardt, August 22 2013 - 07:47 PM.

Posted Image

#60 tropt

tropt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationAustralia, Perth

Posted August 22 2013 - 07:55 PM

View PostLeonhardt, on August 22 2013 - 07:46 PM, said:

If something that was bought for MC that could only be purchased with MC was refunded with HP then it really would be an issue, but here its really not.

Agree
Shooting myself, for damage perks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users