HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

The HAWKEN Data Stream

Game News

• Please log in to reply
481 replies to this topic

#81 Krellus

Krellus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 848 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:13 PM

does boosting for a moment to break a fall show up on radar, has this been tested_ i assumed it did but recently heard it doesnt... but yeah i assume the main benefit of no fall dmg will be stealth drops.

release the paaaaaatch!!

Edited by Krellus, August 26 2013 - 01:15 PM.

#82 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostKrellus, on August 26 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

does boosting for a moment to break a fall show up on radar, has this been tested_ i assumed it did but recently heard it doesnt... but yeah i assume the main benefit of no fall dmg will be stealth drops.
You are correct, any boost, thrust or dodge  will show you on the radar. I do also believe that the heavier the mech, the more damage you take form falling, so an internal like that would benefit heavier mechs like the C's. This also makes crushing damage more of a viable option.

YEAH MORE SPEED FOR MY A's.

Edited by ShadowWarg, August 26 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#83 havoc5

havoc5

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:31 PM

View PostMrShade_, on August 26 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

No fall damage could potentially be useful if you are sneaking up on someone and you want to avoid having to boost before landing, thus showing up on radar.

Or if you are trying to make a quick escape from a higher level and are low on health, you can avoid having to boost and loose any momentum/fuel.

Except if you dont boost before you land, your mech will be stuck for a second as it recovers from the fall. What little fall momentum you lose by boosting right before landing doesn't even compare to being stuck recovering from the fall.

Now if this internal negates the recovery time after falling, than I'd considering using it.

#84 Creepy_Hitchhiker

Creepy_Hitchhiker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 01:36 PM

So, internals will not only a passive buffs/debuffs.
Evasive device can be useful in hit'n'run tactics, when you make run a bit too late.

Dodging in air. You know what that mean_
Dodgefights!
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Creepy_Hitchhiker, August 26 2013 - 01:47 PM.

Posted Image

#85 KyRoS

KyRoS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 02:30 PM

New internals are good. No doubt a lot of people will be using Evasive Device.

#86 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted August 26 2013 - 02:31 PM

keep it up....can't wait to test the new patch :)

Posted Image

#87 nokari

nokari

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted August 26 2013 - 02:39 PM

Whelp, I know at least one internal I will for sure get. :)

Posted Image

#88 MrShade_

MrShade_

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted August 26 2013 - 02:46 PM

View Posthavoc5, on August 26 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

View PostMrShade_, on August 26 2013 - 12:55 PM, said:

No fall damage could potentially be useful if you are sneaking up on someone and you want to avoid having to boost before landing, thus showing up on radar.

Or if you are trying to make a quick escape from a higher level and are low on health, you can avoid having to boost and loose any momentum/fuel.

Except if you dont boost before you land, your mech will be stuck for a second as it recovers from the fall. What little fall momentum you lose by boosting right before landing doesn't even compare to being stuck recovering from the fall.

Now if this internal negates the recovery time after falling, than I'd considering using it.

I'd have to test it out to be sure, but I figure the recovery time only comes into effect when you take fall damage, so I guess it would make sense to have no recovery time when you take no damage.

Edit: Just did a few quick test falls. I was wrong. Seems to only depend on height.

Edited by MrShade_, August 26 2013 - 02:55 PM.

#89 OmegaNull

OmegaNull

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Location2300-2400 Pilot Camp

Posted August 26 2013 - 03:13 PM

The evasion device has me a boner

Scootin' and Shootin | Ballin' and Brawlin' | Ragin' and Raidin'

Posted Image

I am Omega Null. The abyss is my home and your last frontier. Welcome to my lair and become my Prey. As I track your scent through this nether,

my mouth begins to water. Your Demise will be quick and wretched.

Enjoy your Pain and Suffering as I tear Limb from Limb. Prepare to meet your Final End.

Member of Violent Resolution

#90 Orbitald

Orbitald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 03:14 PM

View Postfwip, on August 26 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

View PostAnalysis, on August 26 2013 - 12:32 PM, said:

Not sure why anyone would ever select no fall damage when they could get a speed boost or a air dodge.

You need to add something to the fall damage mod for it to be viable.
Suggestion: Add immunity to personal fall damage, but increase  the fall damage you deliver(+100%).
To my understanding, different internals will "cost" different numbers of internal slots. For example, the air compressor could take 4 slots, and the shock coils only 2.

To be more precise the shock armor uses 1 slot while the air compressor uses 3 slot (air compressor is at the bottom)
Posted Image

Edited by Orbitald, August 26 2013 - 03:17 PM.

"A mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

- a random tiny inscription at the top of the new health bar

#91 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted August 26 2013 - 03:37 PM

Don't know if anyone has asked this yet about the new internals.  Will we be able to have multiples of the same type_  IE:  Two evasive devices for twice the speed buff.

#92 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted August 26 2013 - 03:47 PM

OOOO, good question!

This air dodging is going to be a blast, pun intended.

#93 Rasti

Rasti

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:18 PM

View Postchuiu, on August 26 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Don't know if anyone has asked this yet about the new internals.  Will we be able to have multiples of the same type_  IE:  Two evasive devices for twice the speed buff.
No, you'll not.

As you can see on the screenshot above (posted by Orbitald) you can select each internal to put into the slots (green-ish box around them)
If you look closely you can only find - and thus select - one evasive device, so you cannot have 2 of the same internal in your mech.

If you look even closer at the screenshot you'll notice internals with similar names, like 'basic extractor'  and 'extractor', which take up one and two slots respectively.
The devs most probably want you to compromise between different levels of internals (the most exciting way imo) and you'll probably only be able to select one of these similar items with different strength (ie. the 'basic extractor' is incompatible with the 'extractor')

Looks like it'll be really interesting to choose between the different types and power-levels of the internals, to get the ones which benefit your play-style the most. ;)

Jonnywithanh said:

yes you can be yoda

#94 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:22 PM

View Postchuiu, on August 26 2013 - 03:37 PM, said:

Stacking devices is restricted.  Stacking items is also not possible.  

I recommend getting used to the idea of purchasing multiple mechs and slotting them differently.  Based on available information, we can't switch internals during the match.  We can, however, switch weapons.  

Mexichan and I will be throwing together a guide after the patch hits.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#95 Grogovich

Grogovich

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:41 PM

Can not wait. I actually now think the fall damage internal will be very useful for sneaking around. Air dodging is going to be nuts.

#96 ShadowWarg

ShadowWarg

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows behind you

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:51 PM

If I have gathered my information correctly from screens and the video, there are 6 slots available for both items and internals correct_

I don't see air dodge to be a viable option for C mechs, but I do see the skies being full for A's, like a swarm of annoying flies.
Great, I just realized how much of an annoyance this will be for me and my fellow Grenadier pilots. I hope they change the prestige weapon on the Vanguard, because I might end up getting it so I can swat down these annoying flies.

Edited by ShadowWarg, August 26 2013 - 04:53 PM.

#97 Xacius

Xacius

The Saltan

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,889 posts
  • LocationOther games, waiting for dev beacon

Posted August 26 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostGrogovich, on August 26 2013 - 04:41 PM, said:

Can not wait. I actually now think the fall damage internal will be very useful for sneaking around. Air dodging is going to be nuts.

It will definitely spice things up and make air combat interesting.  Keep in mind, however, that weapon spread increases significantly during the hover state.
High MMR (2700+) livestream (scroll down on twitch page for in-depth bio and PC specs).   Check out my Steam Guide!

Exeon is fuzzy bunny bad.

Currently inactive.  Estimated return: TPG 2

#98 Takoera

Takoera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted August 26 2013 - 05:18 PM

Air compressor....  Dodge in midair_ You realize some scout pilots are hard to keep under fire by 3 mechs in the open And you now let them DODGE IN MIDAIR_ Will there also be a fly swatter mech to counter this_

#99 Takoera

Takoera

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted August 26 2013 - 05:19 PM

Air compressor....  Dodge in midair_ You realize some scout pilots are hard to keep under fire by 3 mechs in the open And you now let them DODGE IN MIDAIR_ Will there also be a fly swatter mech to counter this_

#100 Orbitald

Orbitald

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted August 26 2013 - 05:54 PM

View PostTakoera, on August 26 2013 - 05:19 PM, said:

tbh whenever i see a scout i just switch to my rocketeer asap. I dont care how fast those little buggers are they aint dodging my hellfires =P

But in all seriousness that into consideration that the stronger the ability the internal gives the more slots it uses; the air compressor takes half of your max slots. Using the pic i provided in my post earlier you can see that if Scout gets the air compressor he can now only choose from a very limited selection of  weak internals.
"A mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam."

- a random tiny inscription at the top of the new health bar

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, News

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users