HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Tecnician nerf

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#201 ChubaMecha

ChubaMecha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationHangar 18

Posted September 22 2013 - 08:09 PM

u quote, i quote, we all quote. she said what he said what they said about what i said even though i didnt say anything

Posted Image

Can u spot all the Chubas_

:D

#202 WALLEx1

WALLEx1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted September 22 2013 - 08:21 PM

Leave the Tec alone do you know how hard it is to stay alive in a battle with 1 gun that hardly damages anything and every enemy going for you first rather than other mechs_ if anything I would say give the poor little guy a speed buff!!!!!! to keep alive longer. B) :wub: :P

#203 GOmaDn

GOmaDn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted September 22 2013 - 11:53 PM

I think we are seeing eye to eye. You have stated that the tech is too powerful as it is now. You said that it should not be nerfed, and to instead change the mechanism by which it operates. I mocked up two variations based on suggestions from others on the forum and you said that they would still be too strong. I asked you to further explain yourself and you returned to battle straw men instead of answering.

I don't agree with what you have said, but I can see that you do. I can live with that. What you have not done is to offer any concrete ideas of your own. You keep repeating the mantra "techs are bad because you have to kill them first" without offering any ideas to solve the dilemma and then pout because we haven't come up with a solution that matches what you want it to be without any more input from you than "this is what's wrong".

To be honest, I have only fought a handful of matches against a tech+mech(s) combo able to hold any significant position for more than a minute or two and they had to play it just right to do that. I have played the tech part of the combo myself quite often, but can't say that I ever felt that I carried the battle. Siege and AA capture points are too open to flanking and zerg attacks to support the tactic for long. TDM can either avoid them until they get bored and move to another location (and they get killed because they left cover) or flank them (unless they have one of the rare spots on the edge of the map that is not wide open to attack) or zerg rush (because even with full tuning and items the heal beam is not infinite, instant health). And DM is quite the challenge if you want to play a tech, requiring an entirely different set of skills.

#204 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 23 2013 - 12:10 AM

For someone who's complaining about their debate opponent using strawman arguments, you sure are using a lot of logical fallacies to back your points GOmaDn.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#205 GOmaDn

GOmaDn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 12:43 AM

Feel free to point them out and I will respond appropriately. If anything I say is wrong or misleading, I will either withdraw the statement or rephrase it for clarity. If you don't do either then I will assume that you have no bones with what I've said.

#206 spaXXX

spaXXX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 01:37 AM

I play with tech for a long time, and dont understand why people have problem with this class_

I dont feel that my presence too much matter if the opposite team good. Tech is weak mech. Same like scout, or zerker. BUT they flee from fire(which is normal), good tech always repairing. I alway die first, rarely flee from fight.

Maybe you can take weapons from tech completly, if that is such a big problem. But if i fire a gun, i overhet very fast. And HRT complains: it is not true that you not need aim, and it is very easy to brake reapair beam.

After patch some things are better, but only due internals...

P.S: i play this game only becouse fun. It is hard for me to belive that someone is frustated with fact that his beloved scout, zerker or brawler have some problems....

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edited by spaXXX, September 23 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#207 Nept

Nept

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 02:13 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing the green beam gone completely and the overheat become an actual concern.

Edited by Nept, September 23 2013 - 02:13 AM.

https://robertsspace...orgs/OMNISCIENT

Complaining about Hawken's population_  Read this: https://community.pl...en/#entry524454

Posted Image   

#208 Ignats

Ignats

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 02:29 AM

Solo pub player here, I dont really play very competitively, but to have fun, and I can honetly say that whan my team is getting destroyed by a better coordinated or just more skilled team I just get impressed and want to improve. But when we are getting destroyed by a team with techs keeping everyones health up I just get bored and quit.

I cant be of much use as a sniper, because all the enemies need to do to negate me is to duck behind cover for a second and then they pop up again with full health. I cant chase down injured enemies who retreat to heal with my berserker or raider, because they don't need to retreat with a tech around.

In matches without techs critically injured players have to retreat, thereby letting the other team have the upper hand in numbers, also they can be chased down. With mechs this whole game mechanic is gone and the game is much slower and more static as a result. And dont get me started on how much "fun" it is trying to take an AA from 3 C-class getting repaired by 3 techs...

Maybe this can be negated if you have a coordinated team on teamspeak where someone can just say "lets rush the tech", but on pub servers its just not fun at all. Good luck getting players to stay and spend cash if they are frustrated and bored.

In a game where there already are 2 heal mechanics, we really dont need a third__

Imo remove the techs heal ability and give him something else, maybe make his secondary shoot gobs of sticky material, like the unreal bio rifle, that slows down enemies (and damages over time_) If the devs really feel that there has to be a healer, maybe give him around 800 health, remove his self repair and vampire ability and make those sticky gobs be able to switch to indiscriminate healing but also drain his own health by the same amount. Now he can heal a friendly in a critical position, and then either stick around to support but with less health or retreat to heal and risk being chased down. He wouldnt be completely helpless with 800 health, but his preferred method of self defence would be to slow down any pursuers and leg it to the nearest friendlies, he is a support bot after all. His ability could be to restore himself back to 50% life. And why does an A class have 800 life_ Well he is crawling with nanobots after all.

#209 Py687

Py687

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationParadise City

Posted September 23 2013 - 03:30 AM

I started playing Tech today and saw my K/D go down the drain. But I'd like to think I made a difference in those games.

In any case:

Tech needs a prestige before a nerf.

And I really think we need to address player balance issues before nerfing anything, or we'll just be addressing the wrong problem.

If we do nerf Tech, it needs to have a beam that's less sticky and heals slower. Maybe a smaller base radar (wouldn't make a difference when it's with another mech, but it'd be easier to ambush on its own).

Edited by Py687, September 23 2013 - 03:35 AM.

Posted Image

#210 Outake

Outake

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 02:33 PM

OK this is my idea...

no sticky

make it a gold flamethrower that aoe heals not a huge aoe but 1 that could heal 2 mechs if in a line. no longer.
this way u cant heal a friend and aim at a bad guy too. but still has its own usefullness when team is hiding behind cover and a ton of ppl need heals.

well_ yea_ i like it too :D its like a buff but you remove the sticky ppl dont like :D

#211 DER3Z

DER3Z

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 889 posts
  • LocationCleveland,Ohio

Posted September 23 2013 - 02:56 PM

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 25 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

View PostWasabi_Wei, on August 25 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I find that the seeker on the Rocketeer is easy enough to land shots with - the thing does seek as advertised. The Dev team said that aiming heals were impossible to use etc. Being the stubborn guy that I am, I just have to see the Seeker as the basis of a healing gun instead of that silly beam the Tech has currently before I will believe them.
I still can't believe they said that. Every time I remember that was said, I'm shocked because of how laughably untrue the concept is.
If skillshot heals were impossible and unfun, then skillshot damage would also have to be impossible and unfun.

Did you know there's a class in Firefall dedicated to being a healer, and it has nothing but skillshot heals_
It's actually one of Firefalls funnest classes to play, and it's fairly easy to use (with great potential for skill growth).

Skill shot heals would be amazing! That would be a lot of fun, like you said they have a class in firefall dedicated to heals and nothing but skillshots!_!!_ Who wouldn't want a skillshot! The satisfaction of getting that skillshot is so much better then a beam. With a beam you have no reward just a beam...boringggg.

The sole survivor of BSB

Twitching channel

http://www.twitch.tv...eel_brotherhood

Star citizen

https://robertsspace...m/orgs/STARWIND

#212 parabellum_machina

parabellum_machina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 04:16 PM

Again.... seriously !_!

Stop ranting about the techs and learn how to fight agains them

Edited by parabellum_machina, September 23 2013 - 04:17 PM.

#213 PhysicsCrime

PhysicsCrime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 04:46 PM

I have a near max rank technician.  It is extreamly overpowered.  I can even take most enemies on 1vs1 and win.

However I'm not follow the whole "Tech totally breaks the game mechanics and nothing of the sort should ever exist".  If balanced properly I don't see why a repair mech is an issue.

I think the mech would be balanced by something similar to the following:

- Make the repair and deconstruct beams into sustained fire, hitscan, non-lock on beams.

- Increase the beam range by ~20%.

- Decrease deconstruction rate and self heal by ~25%.

- Make it so that a repairing mech's repair drone does not stack with the technicians repair but still allow the tech's repair to override the repair drone if the tech is repairing at a faster rate (at which case the drone's repair rate does not count).

- Lower the base walk speed on the mech from 20 m/s to ~17 m/s.

- Increase the boost speed of the mech from 30.96 m/s to ~32.5 m/s.

I feel that this would make the tech much more fun while still having plenty of potential.

Edited by PhysicsCrime, September 23 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#214 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted September 23 2013 - 07:01 PM

I will go grab the popcorn.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#215 cubicDevourer

cubicDevourer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Everything's somewhere, man

Posted September 24 2013 - 12:12 AM

View Postparabellum_machina, on September 23 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Again.... seriously !_!

Stop ranting about the techs and learn how to fight agains them
It's not about knowing how to fight against them. It's that fighting against them is boring and frustrating and does not make for a fun and engaging experience.

#216 Wargasim

Wargasim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 02:17 AM

Balance is simple:

Remove sticky damage beam or go even further: Remove sticky beam altogether.

Tech now = balanced.

Everyone else needs to aim, Tech should be no different :)

#217 defekt

defekt

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted September 24 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostDER3Z, on September 23 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostAsianJoyKiller, on August 25 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

View PostWasabi_Wei, on August 25 2013 - 06:49 AM, said:

I find that the seeker on the Rocketeer is easy enough to land shots with - the thing does seek as advertised. The Dev team said that aiming heals were impossible to use etc. Being the stubborn guy that I am, I just have to see the Seeker as the basis of a healing gun instead of that silly beam the Tech has currently before I will believe them.
I still can't believe they said that. Every time I remember that was said, I'm shocked because of how laughably untrue the concept is.
If skillshot heals were impossible and unfun, then skillshot damage would also have to be impossible and unfun.

Did you know there's a class in Firefall dedicated to being a healer, and it has nothing but skillshot heals_
It's actually one of Firefalls funnest classes to play, and it's fairly easy to use (with great potential for skill growth).
Skill shot heals would be amazing! That would be a lot of fun, like you said they have a class in firefall dedicated to heals and nothing but skillshots!_!!_ Who wouldn't want a skillshot! The satisfaction of getting that skillshot is so much better then a beam. With a beam you have no reward just a beam...boringggg.
I’m inclined to agree.  My gast had never been so flabbered when ADH said that healing skillshots would be too difficult.  o.O  Deary me.  What hokum.

Given the amount of damage that the Tech has done to this game -- ironic for a healer, no_ ;) -- adding a skill requirement into its stock play is the very least ADH could do.  Healing needs to be punctuated, not continuous; it needs to be expensive, not cheap; and it needs to be a skillshot, not zero-effort.

#218 AsianJoyKiller

AsianJoyKiller

Lithium Cellophane Unicorn Salad

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,011 posts
  • LocationWI

Posted September 24 2013 - 08:24 AM

View Postdefekt, on September 24 2013 - 04:15 AM, said:

I’m inclined to agree.  My gast had never been so flabbered when ADH said that healing skillshots would be too difficult.  o.O  Deary me.  What hokum.
The developer didn't just say "too difficult". They literally used the word "impossible".

It's the use of the term "impossible", that shows their attitude, and then it comes as no surprise that their aiming the game at casuals.

[HWK]HUGHES, on July 03 2013 - 11:07 PM, said:

AJK is right

The Sinful Infil HEAT Cannon Hustler, Cloaking and Smoking, C-Class Swagger, Ballin' n' Brawlin'

#219 M4st0d0n

M4st0d0n

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted September 24 2013 - 08:55 AM

Maybe impossible to implement without a significant amount of coding huh_ I frankly dont understand how this game got more casual with the new patch. Self healing and friendly fire in a FPS, it's okay. But in the new patch they fixed the invisishield and now it's a casual game...

#220 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 24 2013 - 09:00 AM

It is not causal game because of the bug fixes (I hated the invisishield). It is because of vertical progression, killstreaks and sticky beams.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users