HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

New level proof of concepts.

Project Community

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted August 30 2013 - 10:26 AM

I think adhesive should make an assets pack so that people can make stuff using the same assets.

because bow ties are cool

#42 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationRunning around like a Chicken.

Posted August 30 2013 - 04:52 PM

View PostOdinTheWise, on August 30 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

I think adhesive should make an assets pack so that people can make stuff using the same assets.

@_@ would just be thrilled to tears about such a thing!

Friends, I hate to say it, but I am transitioning out of Los Angeles. I will be moving back to the East Coast within the next month. This will have some impact on my participation in the Game and on this project. I will try to keep it to a minimum, and will provide updates as I am working from my laptop. I am very willful so expect to at least see some more concept images, updates, and more Desktop images!

I will however remain very active on the forums, throughout this process and after.

Thank you friends for your enthusiasm and interest in this project, can't wait to get set back up and creating again.

I already miss gaming with you guys. ;-(

Edited by Xer06siX, August 30 2013 - 04:53 PM.

Previously known as §îlvër-§érpênt

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#43 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 12:04 AM

The move is done, I'll back to work tomorrow! Can't wait to get back to productivity. Missed you guys, updates coming soon!

Peace and chicken grease.

[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Candy! Taste like Chicken, if Chicken was a Candy![/font]

Posted Image

"Since they are all going to go crazy anyway, may as well send crazy people in the first place and save the trouble..." -M

#44 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 06 2013 - 09:58 PM

Got some placeholder houses set. Placement of the main structures is approx 10% complete. Then I can play what I have and fine tune the arrangement.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am going to adjust the light levels later when I change the snow material. I plan to use smaller yellowed lights around the structures.

Edited by Xer06siX, September 06 2013 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 11 2013 - 03:14 PM

Hydro (Update)

The blocking of the level and placement of main structures is approx 20% complete.
Central "Pumping station" structure is in place. This will serve as hotly contested grounds, allowing either team to control the map by holding this position. It's perfect for sniper support when raiding a base for example, but it remains exposed to incoming fire as well.

Posted Image

A view from the back side looking towards the dam, or Base 2.

Posted Image

A view inside the pump station with ramps leading to an elevated platform.

Posted Image

Overview of the station.

Posted Image

A view towards the pump station from atop the dam.

Posted Image

Another view from the station looking towards the dam, this should give you some idea of tyhe sniper coverage offered here, I will place more meshes around so to limit the direct exposure.

Posted Image

Both Hydro and Ski Village are coming along nicely. More to come.

Edited by Xer06siX, September 11 2013 - 03:15 PM.

Posted Image

#46 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted September 12 2013 - 08:29 AM

View PostXer06siX, on September 11 2013 - 03:14 PM, said:

Hydro (Update)

The blocking of the level and placement of main structures is approx 20% complete.
Central "Pumping station" structure is in place. This will serve as hotly contested grounds, allowing either team to control the map by holding this position. It's perfect for sniper support when raiding a base for example, but it remains exposed to incoming fire as well.

Posted Image

A view from the back side looking towards the dam, or Base 2.

Posted Image

A view inside the pump station with ramps leading to an elevated platform.

Posted Image

Overview of the station.

Posted Image

A view towards the pump station from atop the dam.

Posted Image

Another view from the station looking towards the dam, this should give you some idea of tyhe sniper coverage offered here, I will place more meshes around so to limit the direct exposure.

Posted Image

Both Hydro and Ski Village are coming along nicely. More to come.
Wow man, That's totally looking cool! :D B)
Posted Image

#47 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted September 13 2013 - 07:26 AM

that's looks cool
I think those tree are a bit huge, and might cause the players/mechs to "feel" human sized, other than that, keep it up ! =)

Posted Image

#48 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted September 15 2013 - 09:29 AM

This is looking great Xer06six. Hydro is quickly shaping up to be a pretty epic map. :)

Edited by Pastorius, September 15 2013 - 09:30 AM.

Posted Image

#49 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 03:56 PM

More updates coming. I'm out on the job search right now, what a nightmare it is to search for a job. Hopefully have something landed soon. Base one is the power substation for the Dam on Hydro map. It's coming along nicely.

@erathic I will adjust the size of the trees later on, i try to keep it in perspective to human size and then go off that for the mech size.

Posted Image

#50 Hunderpanzer

Hunderpanzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted September 15 2013 - 05:39 PM

At first it was like "pshh, whatever", until I chipped my tooth due to my bottom jaw hitting the fuzzy bunny floor.

Dude. good work for real.
Posted Image

#51 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 16 2013 - 05:23 PM

Got some really cool updates for you guys soon! I am very excited about the progress on the maps.

Posted Image

#52 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 17 2013 - 10:32 PM

A big Hydro update today!

Image below is a Map depicting the layout of the level. Notice the u shaped configuration, this will be supplemented with service passageways through the mountains to offer payers more choices.

Posted Image

Primary blocking pass is complete. Lots of meshes up already and i'm approx 65% complete with building and static mesh placement. All intended areas of play can be easily reached by the player.

Posted Image

Slightly updated dam structure, I also made some changes to the textures of the terrain and added the sky model, with some extra clouds.

Posted Image

Another view of the dam looking onward from close to the pumping station, which is the structure in the middle of the map.

Posted Image

Facing the pump station near the shallow pond.

Posted Image

Just outside of the pump station, facing toward the other base area.

Posted Image

The approach to the substation for the power plant, which serves as the other base.

Posted Image

Closer perspective.

Posted Image

A view inside of the substation, the barrels will be scaled down as I go through the play tests.

Posted Image

Looking out towards the pumping station. This POV is from a potential spawn point for players, notice the roof of the pump station is just in view.

Posted Image

That's it for Hydro. It's really shaping up with each pass of adjustments.

========================================================================================

Update on Ski village.

Tomorrow I am going to sit down and spend a few hours going over the level. I will setup the proper snow material, produce more house models, and adjust the lighting values, so I can achieve more contrast in the lighting scheme. I really want to get the village right, I will also try to put in the ski lift building and towers, perhaps some little flags to go in there too...

This is too much fun!

XD

Posted Image

#53 Rocky1822

Rocky1822

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationBlitzing with my Raider on the streets of Illal

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostXer06siX, on September 17 2013 - 10:32 PM, said:

A big Hydro update today!

Image below is a Map depicting the layout of the level. Notice the u shaped configuration, this will be supplemented with service passageways through the mountains to offer payers more choices.

Posted Image

Primary blocking pass is complete. Lots of meshes up already and i'm approx 65% complete with building and static mesh placement. All intended areas of play can be easily reached by the player.

Posted Image

Slightly updated dam structure, I also made some changes to the textures of the terrain and added the sky model, with some extra clouds.

Posted Image

Another view of the dam looking onward from close to the pumping station, which is the structure in the middle of the map.

Posted Image

Facing the pump station near the shallow pond.

Posted Image

Just outside of the pump station, facing toward the other base area.

Posted Image

The approach to the substation for the power plant, which serves as the other base.

Posted Image

Closer perspective.

Posted Image

A view inside of the substation, the barrels will be scaled down as I go through the play tests.

Posted Image

Looking out towards the pumping station. This POV is from a potential spawn point for players, notice the roof of the pump station is just in view.

Posted Image

That's it for Hydro. It's really shaping up with each pass of adjustments.

========================================================================================

Update on Ski village.

Tomorrow I am going to sit down and spend a few hours going over the level. I will setup the proper snow material, produce more house models, and adjust the lighting values, so I can achieve more contrast in the lighting scheme. I really want to get the village right, I will also try to put in the ski lift building and towers, perhaps some little flags to go in there too...

This is too much fun!

XD

Man, I'm outta words to say.... :D
Posted Image

#54 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted September 18 2013 - 08:45 AM

WOW, you've come a long way with this. It looks awesome. Reminds me of an HL2 map. Look out for the Combine!

#55 Bombdig

Bombdig

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 10:51 AM

Agreed, it still has a large amount of stone but the piping and metal framework are a step towards the Hawken aesthetic. I have wanted to see things like fences and human-sized features in maps that I can bulldoze through as my mech moves around. Though it might be good to place some larger "mech sized" items.

#56 kingalbert2

kingalbert2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaboard the Litany of Fury

Posted September 18 2013 - 01:42 PM

i know this isn't about our own map ideas but should you become bored here's one
my idea for a map would be one with a huge crashed space ship in the middle.
the general design would be a crater like form with a very large wreckage in the middle (size of the facility indoor or so)
around the ship would be mid-to long range combat with debris, destroyed foliage, broken engines etc serving as cover and height game for lights and such.
inside the ship would be the territory of the medium-short ranges. the main room is a cargo bay, surrounded by corridors which either lead to the roof of the wreck or to one of the breaches in the hull that serve as entrance and exit. lighter mechs would also be able to get in via the roof by jumping from other objects.
in siege, the control for the aa would be located inside the ships cargo bay, while the missiles depart from the hull (the on board weapons). the eu would be located, one at a small crashed supply ship, the other at the remains of an engine
Posted Image

#57 SandSpider

SandSpider

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationThe ninth dimension

Posted September 18 2013 - 02:34 PM

View Postkingalbert2, on September 18 2013 - 01:42 PM, said:

i know this isn't about our own map ideas but should you become bored here's one
my idea for a map would be one with a huge crashed space ship in the middle.
the general design would be a crater like form with a very large wreckage in the middle (size of the facility indoor or so)
around the ship would be mid-to long range combat with debris, destroyed foliage, broken engines etc serving as cover and height game for lights and such.
inside the ship would be the territory of the medium-short ranges. the main room is a cargo bay, surrounded by corridors which either lead to the roof of the wreck or to one of the breaches in the hull that serve as entrance and exit. lighter mechs would also be able to get in via the roof by jumping from other objects.
in siege, the control for the aa would be located inside the ships cargo bay, while the missiles depart from the hull (the on board weapons). the eu would be located, one at a small crashed supply ship, the other at the remains of an engine

I suggested something similar in the 'map suggestions' thread a while back.  There are some good ideas in that thread.

#58 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 02:36 PM

@kingalbert2

I have produced a map very similar to such a thing a long time ago back in, 2003. I called it The Great Escarpment, it it featured a crashed space ship along a rocky coastline, but basically it encompassed everything you have suggested, haha. I later renamed and revised the map and launched it as the Second map of the "Hard Crash" map pack for Unreal. This ofcourse was with a much older version of UnrealED. Also, there is a level featured in the expansion pack for Unreal which also featured a scene with roughly the same features you have described.

However.....that was then and now I would surely be interested in producing a newer version of that kind of map. I have noted it and will make some concept sketches about it.

Nice suggestion!

XD

Posted Image

#59 Dreadess

Dreadess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationIn your dreams

Posted September 18 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostBombdig, on September 18 2013 - 10:51 AM, said:

Agreed, it still has a large amount of stone but the piping and metal framework are a step towards the Hawken aesthetic. I have wanted to see things like fences and human-sized features in maps that I can bulldoze through as my mech moves around. Though it might be good to place some larger "mech sized" items.

I've noticed a lot in the Prosk map. If you look around there's tiny human-sized bus stops, newspaper machines, semi trucks, etc

#60 Xer06siX

Xer06siX

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted September 18 2013 - 11:28 PM

...EDIT:REDACTED

Edited by Xer06siX, December 07 2013 - 03:59 PM.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Project, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users