HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

EU Fight Club IV: A New Hope

Community Event

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:08 AM

European Fight Club

Posted Image

Logo by erathic [WIP*]

Friday, August 30
19:00 Western European Summer Time (UTC+1)
20:00 Central European Summer Time (UTC+2)
21:00 Eastern European Summer Time (UTC+3)

2 VERSUS 2

Setup:
  • Played on a DeathMatch server (twist: friendly fire)
Rules:
  • No Shields
  • No Countermeasures
  • No Sharpshooters
  • No EOC Repeaters

Watch the fights in action here!

Our initial server population when we take over a server will consist of the people who hop in to the Black Steel Brotherhood Teamspeak server around a half an hour beforehand. Contact me about the server address.

See you on the battlefield!

Edited by Houruck, August 30 2013 - 12:10 PM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#2 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:15 AM

The huge patch is on the corner so we agreed to postpone the 2 VS 2 tournament and this event is only about having fun. :)

* Our excellent artist erathic is currently working on a final version of the European Fight Club logo and he is open for feedback (like should it be "old skool" and gritty or "shiny" and futuristic).

Edited by Houruck, August 28 2013 - 11:31 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#3 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:19 AM

Bleeh war with rules ... Even though I like the fightclub, well the streams, I hate rules like these:

- No this ...
- No that ...
- You are not allowed to ...

It simply destroys powerful tactics.

Edited by FakeName, August 28 2013 - 11:20 AM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#4 oo_olio_oo

oo_olio_oo

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:21 AM

so everyone is picking flak/ heat scout or bolt32 raider_ lulz
maybe someone is creative enough with brawler or grenadier m/

Posted Image

#5 ChemicalX

ChemicalX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationSnowmass Village, CO

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostHouruck, on August 28 2013 - 11:15 AM, said:

* Our excellent artist erathic is currently working on a final version of the European Fight Club logo and he is open for feedback (like should it be "old skool" and gritty or "shiny" and futuristic).

Old school! I have to say I really enjoy that 40's 50's style advertisement! Maybe like a Fallout type!

#6 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostFakeName, on August 28 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

Bleeh war with rules ... Even though I like the fightclub, well the streams, I hate rules like these:

- No this ...
- No that ...

It simply destroys powerful tactics.
If you mean cheap tricks of abusing OP stuff as powerful tactics, you are right. I played a few rounds of DM today and I am ashamed about my shield popping habits. :) We will do Fight Clubs without any regulations maybe even before they fix every "broken stuff". The reasoning behind "why ban it if it is in the game" is the same if you say "why can not I pick up the ball in football (not handegg, you Americans call it soccer) and kick the opponents in the nuts". And this is not a war, not even a scrim, but a community event. But even in real wars there are rules and laws.

The Technician is not banned because we will play it on a DM server where you can not repair your partner.

Edited by Houruck, August 28 2013 - 11:29 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#7 TheEliteSlayer

TheEliteSlayer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:27 AM

View PostFakeName, on August 28 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

- No this ...
- No that ...

It simply destroys broken tactics.

Fixed what was wrong in bold. They are not allowed because they have no true counter other then using the same items/weapons/mechs. You can out maneuver 2 of them but the other 2 have no downside once used.

Edited by TheEliteSlayer, August 28 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#8 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:32 AM

Yeah I really ask myself why you are not allowed to pick up the ball in football. I mean why even_ There is no reason :D

However. The shield is buggy yes, but it's not "OP" Nothing is OP. (Well imagine ropefish's Mini Nuke, THAT WOULD BE ...!) However.

Sharshooters are not OP either. The only thing they can do is damage. And with soem fuel and skill you even can trick out a Sharpshooter. (Well I can).

The EOC is a good burst weapon and exelent for alpha strikes. Allowing almost a one hit kill against uncareful enemies.

Countermeasures ... meeh. I can live with that because I never used one ever. But still, why do you ban them_

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#9 Starrphy

Starrphy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 902 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:40 AM

NOOO I can't on friday :'(
Can you become my nemesis_..

View PostArccBR, on October 14 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

Yeah, you're like a legend here in the forums, a legend that everybody loves to hate, or that everybody hates to love, depending on the scenario.

#10 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

I think everyone agrees on the shield. If it was allowed every match would start with the partners shield kissing each other, or even if we ban attaching it to teammates it would slow down the game in an akward and annoying way.

One of our new members asked for banning the Sharpshooter. The powershot wombo combo is still insanely powerful if you have someone who can finish off the target. We banned it before and it caused no problem (we had Slug reapers instead in the VIP event).

As for the EOC, you could even hurt your partner with it and I am sure there are a lot of people who will be upset about the ban (even I am an EOC user) , but it is still the most insane weapon in the right hands and it is really forgiving because even if you miss a direct hit with a full charge you just layed mines. There is nothing wrong with the mechanism of this weapon (I really like it, even countering it), but many members of the community agrees on that the numbers are off and the lack of it will spice up the event in my opinion.

The banning of the countermeasues is more of a formal thing. We can not even regulate it because there is no indication if someone uses it. I also never used them, because I think they are unnecessary and they would give an unvanted advantage to the user which overrules skill.

Edited by Houruck, August 28 2013 - 11:47 AM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#11 Komodo_Saurian

Komodo_Saurian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Generic Topper Harley Pilot said:

I don't like this and that.
Make your own tournament with blackjack and hookers_ :unsure:

Someone important said:

Ego stroking quote.
- Distracting banner.
- Obligatory PC spec boasting, 'cause I'm rich.
- Shameless self-promotion links.
- Sneak a peak into every second stream voiceover ever.

#12 Rajhin

Rajhin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:44 AM

So that event will be just for flak (some hipsters may take a heat, but its unlikely) scouts with det/healing orb_ All rivals of this definetly highskill combo are neatly removed.

#13 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:49 AM

You can also hit your partner with an AR GL TOW or whatever. EOC is not the only weapon with friendly fire but I like friendly fire. It adds much more realism to the game.

- FakeName

Posted Image

#14 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:53 AM

View PostRajhin, on August 28 2013 - 11:44 AM, said:

So that event will be just for flak (some hipsters may take a heat, but its unlikely) scouts with det/healing orb_ All rivals of this definetly highskill combo are neatly removed.

In Hawken I call this the Ladder of Broken. Each step (weapon) on the ladder is better then the previous, you can take away one step but that just means the step below it is the top step until you get down to the floor.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#15 Rajhin

Rajhin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 11:57 AM

View PostSylhiri, on August 28 2013 - 11:53 AM, said:

In Hawken I call this the Ladder of Broken. Each step (weapon) on the ladder is better then the previous, you can take away one step but that just means the step below it is the top step until you get down to the floor.
Nah, I feel it like tiers, not a single steps. If non-miniflak scouts, non-ar infs, slug SS's and shields will be removed that will became kinda fair.

To be honest I'm not going to participate anyway, just passed near and found this prohibitions hilarious.

Edited by Rajhin, August 28 2013 - 11:57 AM.

#16 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostFakeName, on August 28 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

You can also hit your partner with an AR GL TOW or whatever. EOC is not the only weapon with friendly fire but I like friendly fire. It adds much more realism to the game.
You misunderstood me. Friendly fire is not the reason we prohobited it, in fact it would make it more fair.

I am up to suggestions, these rules were talked about with other BSB EU members. For starters quote my #10 post and convince me why I was totally wrong. The Flak Scout + Heal Charge loadout is a good example.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#17 Ker4u

Ker4u

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted August 28 2013 - 12:10 PM

too many restrictions, just type scouts only

- lok'tar ogar -

#18 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostKer4u, on August 28 2013 - 12:10 PM, said:

too many restrictions, just type scouts only
I get this, as I already said it above. This post was not really constructive. What do you suggest we should drop_ EOC, Sharpshooter_

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

#19 TheEliteSlayer

TheEliteSlayer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostFakeName, on August 28 2013 - 11:32 AM, said:

Yeah I really ask myself why you are not allowed to pick up the ball in football. I mean why even_ There is no reason :D
Sure you can, either on a throw in or a goalie. If you must be the person to pick it up then those are your options. :P

However. The shield is buggy yes, but it's not "OP" Nothing is OP. (Well imagine ropefish's Mini Nuke, THAT WOULD BE ...!) However.
Never said it was OP but broken. With = skilled pilots and same mechs, the only way to counter the shield is to have one of your own which makes it broken.

Sharshooters are not OP either. The only thing they can do is damage. And with soem fuel and skill you even can trick out a Sharpshooter. (Well I can).
SS kills the fun, which that is what this event is meant to be... fun

The EOC is a good burst weapon and exelent for alpha strikes. Allowing almost a one hit kill against uncareful enemies.
Absolutely love the EOC but it outshines secondaries so I agree with it being taken out of the event. Plus in 2v2 and you insta-kill half their team is no fun.

Countermeasures ... meeh. I can live with that because I never used one ever. But still, why do you ban them_
They are universally banned and my guess is because it would allow an advantage over the other in terms of heat management.

Comments in red.

#20 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts

Posted August 28 2013 - 12:30 PM

Most of the haters here I know from the game are avowedly not team players, and this is a 2 VS 2 event. But I am still open for constructive suggestions. Even about the date Starrphy.

Edited by Houruck, August 28 2013 - 12:32 PM.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Community, Event

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users