HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Oculus Rift Help

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 nemoaristos

nemoaristos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 02:59 AM

:D The Rift works with Hawken

Edited by nemoaristos, March 27 2014 - 11:56 PM.

#62 Baggyg_the_Gunslinger

Baggyg_the_Gunslinger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 03:25 AM

Good tutorial nemoaristos. There are obviosuly a couple of issues / conflicts but the Rift definitely works with the steam version.

Does anyone know of any other Rift hotkeys_ I specifically looking for something that will allow me to view tutorial screens that dont seem to be optimized for the Rift.

#63 anrchy

anrchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 06 2014 - 03:48 PM

Ah F7 to realign... That helps a lot. Thanks. Is there a way to map that to a different key_ Kinda hard to find F7 with the rift on.

I wish there was a way to adjust the resolution of the rift to 1920x1080 as I have found that makes things a little more clear in other games.

I really wish it were possible to have this same style of look with the rift and aim with the mouse for games like bf4 and others.

Other than moving the map to inside the mech, and scaling the cockpit so that it seems larger I would say the rift works better in hawken than any other game I have played. Can't wait for the consumer version so things aren't so pixelated.

Edited by anrchy, March 06 2014 - 03:50 PM.

#64 nemoaristos

nemoaristos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 10:05 PM

facebook

Edited by nemoaristos, March 27 2014 - 11:54 PM.

#65 nemoaristos

nemoaristos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 09 2014 - 10:08 PM

Facebook - please login to continue...

Edited by nemoaristos, March 27 2014 - 11:55 PM.

#66 Voxel

Voxel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted March 10 2014 - 03:19 PM

I managed to get work Oculus Rift support only on Win 7 x64 (64-bit). But on the x86 32-bit OS did not work on my laptop.

Devs, please fix it or make sure that it worked correct.

And can you add the ability to select the resolution in the settings for Oculus Rift support_

In fact actually Rift Dev Kit can output image in 1920x1200 with hardware decrease to native 1280x800.
After all, because of this image in HL2 looks so smooth, if set resolution to 1920x1080 or 1920x1200.

Hint for VR mode: That worked on x64 aka 64-bit OS — just remove "-vr" and set on in game menu and restart it.

Edited by Voxel, March 11 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#67 jon_dojah

jon_dojah

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 14 2014 - 12:15 PM

I just got my triple monitor setup working correctly and just happen to see this thread.  My Rift has been sitting in a box for awhile but gonna see what all the fuss is about Rift and HAWKEN.  The stuff I read about it months ago didn't seem to promising but that was pre-Steam.

I'll report back with my thoughts but so far triple monitor is alot of fun. I can only imagine the Rift HD being the superior option.

#68 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted March 16 2014 - 03:11 AM

I know this is already said before thousand of times, but please, give us the option to aim with the headtracking...implement this please...the option to aim separately from the cocpit is good, but i'd like to shoot at what i'm looking if possible.

Thanks a lot

Posted Image

#69 anrchy

anrchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 17 2014 - 09:51 AM

View Posttorc, on March 16 2014 - 03:11 AM, said:

I know this is already said before thousand of times, but please, give us the option to aim with the headtracking...implement this please...the option to aim separately from the cocpit is good, but i'd like to shoot at what i'm looking if possible.

Thanks a lot

I don't know how people can play with that style. I can't stand it. I think there would also be a slight issue with this, as the mechs can only rotate so fast this could be an issue with motion sickness as you would feel like your looking has major lag.

#70 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted March 20 2014 - 05:22 AM

View Postanrchy, on March 17 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Thanks a lot

I don't know how people can play with that style. I can't stand it. I think there would also be a slight issue with this, as the mechs can only rotate so fast this could be an issue with motion sickness as you would feel like your looking has major lag.

AFAIK a lot of real and modern aim methods used in military assets works in this way (the apache guns,as istance)
just remember that if you want to aim a target with the rift you already have to look at him , aim with mouse and then shoot:
In my opinion the current implementations just increase the motion sickness:
1- WASD for mech mouvements
2- MOUSE for mech orientation
3- MOUSE for aiming (with the option enabled)
4- RIFT for head mouvemets.
We have a total of 4 Mouvements that increase the sickness and nausea.

With my suggestion you can just orient your mech body with mouse and then tuning the aim with your head: basically is enough separate the mouse movement (mech orientation) and the reticle movements.
1-WASD for mech mouvements
2-MOUSE for mech orientation
3-RIFT for head mouvements and aim.

It benefits also of the mech chassis cockpit  that gives to you the current mech position and orientation:
This will reduce the nausea and will give a better and more istinctive aim method: where you see you Hit the target.
Our neck  is very stable and sensitive...more than any mouse or joypad based on my experience.

Plus It would be helpful to make a  radius limit for the aim reticle that follow your head just,say around 90 degrees and not follow you all around the cockpit just to avoid to shoot at people at your left or right side (180degrees of aiming)

One more thing: TBH if you wanna to play a match with the Rift you're already dead:
You cannot be competitive with the current integration.
If you want to increase the chances people wants to  PLAY,not TEST Hawken+Oculus, you have to balance a bit the playstyle, that is completely different way to intend a game.

In my opinion Devs should really give us the option to choose how to play with the Rift.

Posted Image

#71 Jherico

Jherico

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted March 22 2014 - 12:45 PM

First off, the original post should really be updated.  It's absurd to think that people googling for help on Rift support in Hawken should end up being sent to a forum post that doesn't work, despite being written by the company making the game.

Second, Rift support seems to be limited to 'monitors 1 & 2'.  On my system, my primary display is 'Monitor 3', my secondary display is 'Monitor 2' and the Rift is 'Monitor 1'.  As long as I have 'Monitor 3' active, I can't get the Rift mode to activate.  I finally got it working by disabling my primary monitor and moving my main desktop to Monitor 2.  

This is a ridiculous and confusing limitation of the software.

#72 anrchy

anrchy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted March 25 2014 - 07:23 PM

View Posttorc, on March 20 2014 - 05:22 AM, said:

View Postanrchy, on March 17 2014 - 09:51 AM, said:

Thanks a lot

AFAIK a lot of real and modern aim methods used in military assets works in this way (the apache guns,as istance)
just remember that if you want to aim a target with the rift you already have to look at him , aim with mouse and then shoot:
In my opinion the current implementations just increase the motion sickness:
1- WASD for mech mouvements
2- MOUSE for mech orientation
3- MOUSE for aiming (with the option enabled)
4- RIFT for head mouvemets.
We have a total of 4 Mouvements that increase the sickness and nausea.

With my suggestion you can just orient your mech body with mouse and then tuning the aim with your head: basically is enough separate the mouse movement (mech orientation) and the reticle movements.
1-WASD for mech mouvements
2-MOUSE for mech orientation
3-RIFT for head mouvements and aim.

It benefits also of the mech chassis cockpit  that gives to you the current mech position and orientation:
This will reduce the nausea and will give a better and more istinctive aim method: where you see you Hit the target.
Our neck  is very stable and sensitive...more than any mouse or joypad based on my experience.

Plus It would be helpful to make a  radius limit for the aim reticle that follow your head just,say around 90 degrees and not follow you all around the cockpit just to avoid to shoot at people at your left or right side (180degrees of aiming)

One more thing: TBH if you wanna to play a match with the Rift you're already dead:
You cannot be competitive with the current integration.
If you want to increase the chances people wants to  PLAY,not TEST Hawken+Oculus, you have to balance a bit the playstyle, that is completely different way to intend a game.

In my opinion Devs should really give us the option to choose how to play with the Rift.

I agree you should have the option to choose how to play. I just hope they don't get rid of the current style. As it stands I get zero motion sickness using the mouse for aim and rift for look. For me this style gives the most immersion.

Using the rift for aim just doesn't work for me. It also doesn't feel right in certain games. Like bf4. If you were actually in the much you would have controls that orient the position and aim of the mech and you would have the freedom to look around. Attaching aim to head tracking makes me feel stuck and I don't like having to turn my head far right and hold it there to keep my aim on an enemy.

Edited by anrchy, March 25 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#73 torc

torc

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 253 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted March 26 2014 - 10:45 AM

just simply put this aiming option...that's all on my end :)

Posted Image

#74 hurmaed

hurmaed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted April 30 2014 - 05:36 AM

View PostFluke, on October 31 2013 - 10:09 PM, said:

Your monitor needs to be you primary display, with your Rift extended. When you run the game, your desktop should stay displayed on your monitor while Hawken should show on your Rift.

Is there any chance to see Hawken running with duplicate screen mode and Oculus active_
it's a huge eye pain to click through menus while in Oculus, I'd rather be viewing a warped image on my 32" main.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users