HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

How did you discover Hawken_

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Poll: How did you discover Hawken_ (122 member(s) have cast votes)

How did you discover Hawken_

1. Friends (12 votes [9.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

2. Family (4 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

3. YouTube (29 votes [23.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.77%

4. Twitch.tv (1 votes [0.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.82%

5. Twitter (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

6. Facebook (1 votes [0.82%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 0.82%

7. Other social networks (4 votes [3.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.28%

8. The second page of Google that nobody goes on (2 votes [1.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

9. Advertisement (12 votes [9.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.84%

10. Search Engine (16 votes [13.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.11%

11. Official Hawken Site (6 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

12. Nvidia Website (5 votes [4.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.10%

13. Other (Specify) (30 votes [24.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 20 2013 - 09:45 AM

I saw the first Alpha video (it was a love in first sight), but I am not sure where. Maybe it was YouTube or Gametrailers.

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#22 Raygin

Raygin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted September 20 2013 - 10:14 AM

Alpha dog.
So I will stand here with my shoulders square and tall,                                     Oh god...
and when the whistle blows, I'll falter,                                                                Oh god!
but when the crash comes I will fall.                                                                   Here comes the arm.
With so much steam and steel behind it,
I won't slow it down at all.

#23 Garx

Garx

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

Posted September 20 2013 - 10:17 AM

nvidia Tegra Zone

Posted Image

#24 Pastorius

Pastorius

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • LocationUK: (In my castle talking to the Queen on skype)

Posted September 20 2013 - 10:28 AM

I was backpacking through South Korea and I stumbled into an empty bar full of dusty PC's with an old Korean gentleman seated on a stool at the back of the room. I assumed he was the proprietor. Now, there is something very strange about a deserted Gaming Bang in South Korea and I asked the owner why it was that his bar was so empty. He looked at me and said in a quiet voice that he used to run StarCraft games but the corporations had driven him into near bankruptcy as they continued to open their own, bigger and better gaming bangs. He said "Fear Not though my young friend. I have something that is going to take the gaming market by storm and breath new life into my humble bang and have the people of Korea queuing at my door once more." He then walked over to a table where he pulled off a dust sheet to reveal a high spec PC running something called Hawken. He said "Stop, play a while and then go forth into the street and let it be known that Hawken is here!"  

I lie of course ;)

In actual fact I was looking through the Nvidia 3D Ready list last year and there it was. I don't play in 3D much any more as I want to be as competitive as possible (fps wise) but if you haven't tried it, its a visual feast and a must see.

Not the coolest start to my Hawken story but what the hell :)

Edited by Pastorius, February 22 2014 - 11:11 AM.

Posted Image

#25 DreamedArtist

DreamedArtist

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted September 27 2013 - 12:22 PM

I believe it was an Nvidia promo.. I was looking into world of tanks with a friend and saw a picture of this and was like :o looks like fun so gave it a shot and bam! love the game!.
Practice good sportsmanship, You were a noob once too

Posted Image

#26 erathic

erathic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationSentium Design HQ

Posted November 06 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostPastorius, on September 20 2013 - 10:28 AM, said:

I was backpacking through South Korea and I stumbled into an empty bar full of dusty PC's with on old Korean gentleman seated on a stool at the back of the room. I assumed he was the proprietor. Now, there is something very strange about a deserted Gaming Bang in South Korea and I asked the owner why it was that his bar was so empty. He looked at me and said in a quiet voice that he used to run StarCraft games but the corporations had driven him into near bankruptcy as they continued to open their own, bigger and better gaming bangs. He said "Fear Not though my young friend. I have something that is going to take the gaming market by storm and breath new life into my humble bang and have the people of Korea queuing at my door once more." He then walked over to a table where he pulled off a dust sheet to reveal a high spec PC running something called Hawken. He said "Stop, play a while and then go forth into the street and let it be known that Hawken is here!"  

I lie of course ;)

In actual fact I was looking through the Nvidia 3D Ready list last year and there it was. I don't play in 3D much any more as I want to be as competitive as possible (fps wise) but if you haven't tried it, its a visual feast and a must see.

Not the coolest start to my Hawken story but what the hell :)
omg cool story man I'll keep the first version ! ^^

Edit : I think i seen something about hawken first on MechaDamashii

Edited by erathic, November 06 2013 - 04:25 PM.

Posted Image

#27 Astrolis

Astrolis

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted November 06 2013 - 07:42 PM

It was a hot and wet July day when Cthulhu, Lord of R'lyeh and greatest of the water beings, came forth from his hallowed harth beneath the waves. With him, tidings of great joy were brought as he shown unto me the light of Illal. "Here pilot is your destiny, for you and others like you have been chosen to walk the wastes of Illal for eternity, locked forever in mortal combat astride the great war engines that I in my malevolence have provided." And lo the merfolk did sing great songs in celebration under the waves and sing they shall as long as strife upon Illal remains for this conflict is but sport to the all powerful and all knowing Cthulhu.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

And that my friends is exactly how I came to Illal.  

Edited by Astrolis, November 06 2013 - 07:45 PM.

Posted Image

#28 Bazookagofer

Bazookagofer

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 07:59 PM

A higher being sent me here as your HAWKEN messiah :P.

Posted Image "If at first you do not succeed... reload"

#29 MechCraft

MechCraft

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted November 06 2013 - 09:30 PM

Somehow managed to stumble across the first official trailer on Youtube a couple years back. Completely blew me away.

I remember watching it and feeling sad because I had a very weak computer and the game was probably ages away. Yet, fast forward past those couple years, and here I am, armed with new hardware and piloting away. It's kind of surreal, really.
Beware of ninjas.

#30 craftydus

craftydus

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationIn The Uterus of Love

Posted November 06 2013 - 09:47 PM

this post

of this video

from 2 years ago, and wondering what ever happened to that cool looking game I saw in /r/gaming after the last TPG season ended.

Posted Image

#31 dEd101

dEd101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted November 06 2013 - 10:26 PM

I was looking for a new mechwarrior game and clicked on the hawken alpha video. I was hooked and signed up immediately.
General tips and tricks: https://community.pl...-tricks-thread/
Wolfyftw videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/wolfyFTW (click on the 'Mindgamer' episodes)
Promo Codes (free money): https://community.pl...90-promo-codes/
Stats (all credit to AsianJoyKiller and the other contributors): https://docs.google....lrQjM5Tmc#gid=0 (don't forget to scroll right)

#32 ChubaMecha

ChubaMecha

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • LocationHangar 18

Posted November 07 2013 - 12:14 AM

i found it on the tv on one of the e3 award shows or something like that but months went by until i remembered about the game. i wished i joined in sooner around alpha but o well. here i am now though

Posted Image

Can u spot all the Chubas_

:D

#33 Mobstarr

Mobstarr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted November 07 2013 - 12:46 AM

A friend of mine (Jarroshi) showed me the game. He played since Alpha. First I was like "Hmm looks nice, but eh no won't play". But I registered for closed beta. As I got an invite I tried the game myself and still was like "eh not my thing". A few weeks later I tried again and it was AWESOME! :D Addicted since then, with a few minor breaks inbetween. :D

#34 Odinous

Odinous

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted February 22 2014 - 10:48 AM

completely accidentally and from that day never stopped it :ph34r:

#35 angryhampster

angryhampster

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts
Posted February 22 2014 - 10:49 AM

mechwarrior 2.

i check out for the latest mech warrior game, and th en i found Hawken on the comments section..

it's a very lucky find...

hawken needs to advertise to the millions, AND THE MILLIONSSSSSS.
    --[font=arial, sans-serif](◕_◕)    [/font]
Posted Image

#36 caduceus26

caduceus26

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 617 posts
  • LocationHere

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:23 AM

Other--Purchased 2 Nvida cards to upgrade my system for 14-YO son who is an avid gamer.  Codes for $50 each in Meteor Credits was included. Tried the game, loved it, and been here ever since.

Edited by caduceus26, February 22 2014 - 11:23 AM.

ASUS P9X79LE /i7-3820 3.6 (OC 4.7) /Corsair H80 Liquid CPU Cooling /16 Gb RAM /Dual-SLI EVGA 670 2 Gb Sig II /Antec 850 PSU /Antec 1200 Black Steel Tower
MaddMaxx (Zerker) / Silent Knight (Infil) / BurnYa (Scout) / Scythe (Reaper) / S0ckd0lag3r (Aslt) / PopOff (SS) / Bluto (Bruiser) / xXRoadRageXx (CR-T) / ShiftySwifty (Raider+G2) / PatchUp (Tech) / Krusher (Brawler) / Seekin' Ya'! (Rocketeer) / Doughboy (Vngrd) / FireFly (Incin)

#37 Call_Me_Ishmael

Call_Me_Ishmael

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNorth Texas, baby.

Posted February 22 2014 - 11:57 PM

I was walking past the Toshiba booth at CES 2012 (Las Vegas Convention Center, hall 'D'), on the 9th of Jan.  Saw it on a laptop, signed up ON THE SPOT.
Posted Image

#38 AWXthrones

AWXthrones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted February 23 2014 - 12:38 AM

I learned about Hawken while I was playing Exteel, when NCsoft annoucned that Exteel will to be shutdown. The community wanted to find another mech game to migrate to and this game was brought up, back in its early concept phase. The other candidates were CosmicBreak and Metal Rage. Metal Rage wasn't in the States yet, so I believe most of the player base moved to CosmicBreak.

Didn't like how CosmicBreak looked, so I just moved on and forgot about it. It wasn't until I was building a PC that I learned that Hawken was actually developing.

#39 Nebutron

Nebutron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted March 08 2014 - 06:09 PM

Heard about it on "The Final Score" podcast.

#40 RadimentriX

RadimentriX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • LocationP4X-387

Posted March 08 2014 - 08:28 PM

looking for mechsims in 2011/2012. too bad that hawken isn't the kind of sim i was looking for. it's fun but that dash/flystuff fits more into a gundam- or NGE-game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users