HAWKEN servers are up and our latest minor update is live!
Forgot Password_ SUPPORT REDEEM CODE

Community/Developer Q/A: Ask Your Questions!

Game Community

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
198 replies to this topic

#1 [HWK]ZamboniChaos

[HWK]ZamboniChaos

Community Manager

• Meteor Entertainment
  • 990 posts
  • LocationCruise Ship, Stern

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:19 AM

Posted Image

A while back, community member Elix helped us gather together the community's burning questions with the Community Batsignal threads. This allowed the community to ask the HAWKEN team their most important questions, and gave us a chance to have a productive dialogue with our players. In the spirit of the Batsignal thread, we are again opening the floor to all of our pilots for them to come forward and ask their questions!

Guidelines

[*]Post your question in this thread.
    [*]Players are limited to 1 question per person, so make it a good one!
    [*]Do not attempt to engage other players in discussion. This thread is for questions only.
    [*]Any posts that are not questions directed at the HAWKEN team will be deleted.
    [/list]
    This thread will be closed on Monday, September 30 at 12:00 PM PT (GMT-7). After this point, no more questions will be accepted.

Once this thread has been closed, we will review the submissions and post our answers in a separate thread. Obviously, we will not be able to answer every single question that is asked. However, we will read all the submissions and answer as many as possible!

We're looking forward to your questions pilots. Let us know what YOU want to know!

Click here to view the article

Pour yourself a drink, I'll sing you a song.

@ZamboniChaos

#2 diablodevil2

diablodevil2

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:21 AM

How far away are the destructible environments, in terms of months, roughly_ Or as accurate as it can be, of course. =p

Edited by diablodevil2, September 26 2013 - 11:29 AM.

#3 Aregon

Aregon

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,349 posts
  • LocationDistrict 19, Kobalt, Crion, Illal

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:23 AM

Are you planning to add more mechs into the game soon, or will you start adding them when the game goes out of Open-Beta_
I`ll fix it later.

#4 KraZKill

KraZKill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:23 AM

With this new 'mech progression' system, some mech trees aren't filled out (e.g: suppression has 3 mech, but long ranged only has 2). So are there any plans for future mechs_ What about new weapons_ Because it's not too thrilling to just have new mechs with only a different combination of weapons.

#5 Raygin

Raygin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:26 AM

How long until we see the release of a proper spectator mode_ Will it also be able to have the spectator mode's HUD hidden for cinematic use_
So I will stand here with my shoulders square and tall,                                     Oh god...
and when the whistle blows, I'll falter,                                                                Oh god!
but when the crash comes I will fall.                                                                   Here comes the arm.
With so much steam and steel behind it,
I won't slow it down at all.

#6 Conquistador

Conquistador

Holy Roman Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationAt the back of the North Wind

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:26 AM

When will see iterative test builds for balance purposes_ (like HAB, only public and in parallel)

Test servers are commonplace for weapons and class rebalancing in games like TF2 and WOT, and provide useful environments for developers to glean hard statistics on proposed gameplay changes before they're pushed to the official build.

Edited by Conquistador, September 26 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Posted Image

#7 InfiniteWin

InfiniteWin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:29 AM

When are you planning on fixing the autobalance system_
InfiniteWin, winning all day, every day

#8 Daumber

Daumber

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationThe Land behind the wall

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:34 AM

Any plans to release the game on Steam_

#9 DerMax

DerMax

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:34 AM

Countless people have reported that their latency is (considerably) higher than it should be. What is the reason behind sticking to Amazon servers_

Edited by DerMax, September 27 2013 - 10:00 AM.

#10 Saturnine

Saturnine

The Brawler Herder

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
  • LocationTallinn, Estonia

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:35 AM

Will we get any sort of roadmap or timeline for what direction and form Hawken's gameplay and support will take, its overall direction, what it's design goals are, and how they will be attained, if possible_

Edited by Saturnine, September 26 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Posted Image

digitalhughes: @s9 you stinkn' weasel!

Don't know which mech to pilot_ Check out my guide to the mechs!

Want to hang out with some awesome people, including ReEvolve, Ashfire908, Rei, ThirdEyE, and even the world-famous Loc_Tr_ Come to the #hawkenscrim IRC!

#11 TheVulong

TheVulong

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:36 AM

Winter/snow map_

Posted Image

#12 Houruck

Houruck

Final Siege Boss

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,190 posts
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary (UTC+2)

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:41 AM

What features will be in the clan system and when_

Knight of the Holy Tree

CRITICAL ASSIST
United in Diversity, Divided by Zero

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

#13 RipperT

RipperT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationEarth, last time I checked

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:47 AM

Will a system for dueling based primarily for one on one or two verse two with associated queues and maps ever be introduced_

Edited by RipperT, September 26 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#14 chuiu

chuiu

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationProsk

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:49 AM

I'll let other people ask the hardball questions that need to be asked so that I can ask something that bothered me when I found out this was an online only game:

Would you guys, at some point, consider a singleplayer/multiplayer co-op story mode for the game_  With mech customization and possibly an arena mode akin to other awesome mech games like Armored Core or Mech Warrior.  We really haven't had a good mech game on PC in a long time, and many of the titles coming out for consoles are mediocre at best.  I don't know about some of the people here, but I was ready to pay full price for a full featured game that included single player/multiplayer.  Since you're already set with your FTP multiplayer, and you already have your game engine and assets, it should save a lot of time on working on a cheaper ($25_) single player campaign.

#15 davek1979

davek1979

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationAt the table, eating Cupcakes for breakfast...

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:58 AM

What is your take on communication with your community and listening to suggestions appearing on these forums _
"Mega-damage is systematically dismantling this game." - waftycrank. QFT. (http://community.pla...er/#entry224885)
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we spread out, we die.[/font]
[font=play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If we stick together, we die together. (in memory of f_error, gone, but not forgotten)[/font]

#16 KillaKiwi

KillaKiwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 11:59 AM

Are you planning on adding complete descriptions for weapons and items like range, cooldown, dps and so on_

#17 Sylhiri

Sylhiri

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:04 PM

What was the reasoning behind choosing killstreak (armor regen, speed increase, etc.) or stat effecting (damage reduction, fuel gen, etc.) internals over sidegrade internals (weapon modifications, more movement options)_

Edited by Sylhiri, September 26 2013 - 12:04 PM.

[13:14] <nonsiccus_work> uh oh

there's gravy in my keyboard

----------------------------------------------------------------------

[11:18] <+shosca> if you wanna play ar, go play zerker
[11:18] <Hyginos> and if you want to play zerker, go smc
[11:19] <someone> if you want to play sustain, please go and die in hell

#18 FakeName

FakeName

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
  • LocationIn the cockpit of my Succubus

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:10 PM

What will you do to prevent "map destroying" by spamming TOWs as they have unlimited ammo when destructible environments [font="play, helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]arrives_[/font]

Edited by FakeName, September 26 2013 - 09:20 PM.

"Things change ... thank god, otherwise we would still hunt animals to survive and forge weapons of stone."

- FakeName

Posted Image

#19 hawkendestroyer

hawkendestroyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:11 PM

The aerial combat with greater importance in the game can be considered an attempt to return hawken to the initial state (the original gameplay in videos of "work in progress")_

#20 OdinTheWise

OdinTheWise

Advanced Member

• Full Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,596 posts
  • Locationsomewhere beyond time and space (-5 GMT)

Posted September 26 2013 - 12:12 PM

Could we get an itemized list of current/future/possible projects in the works based on priority_

because bow ties are cool

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Game, Community

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users